Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Someone give me an easy starting point for 2023 All Japan. Like, a match and a cool dude or two not a whole show

just start at w/e the latest korakuen show is. one weird trick for any puro company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

"not a whole show" too bad pal

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Someone give me an easy starting point for 2023 All Japan. Like, a match and a cool dude or two not a whole show

I'm lying bed about to nap so cannot be arsed finding my spreadsheet to link it but yeah, watch Yuma Aoyagi vs Kento, or the NOAH Kento vs Nakajima match.

There's too many cool dudes but Kento is the ace, who is probably my favourite wrestler in 2023, Yuma Aoyagi is the future ace who is so good, Katsuhiko Nakajima just arrived from NOAH & he is a violent kick boy with lovely hair.

There was a tag match on IIRC 22nd January with Kento & Takuya Nomura vs Naoya Nomura & Yuma Aoyagi which i loved, Nomura is out injured just now which sucks.

There's a whole crowd of cool young talent too, it's a fun time to get on-board. Just don't watch the undercards which are often lousy...or at least pick and choose.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The happiest I was as a wrestling fan was 2012-2017 when I was mostly just following indies/Japan, it’s time to get back to that mindset.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sticky Nate posted:

Yuma Aoyagi vs Kento Miyahara from October 21

forkboy84 posted:

I'm lying bed about to nap so cannot be arsed finding my spreadsheet to link it but yeah, watch Yuma Aoyagi vs Kento

This one? I'm going to watch it when I get home tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5SqFnebgjM

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

This one? I'm going to watch it when I get home tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5SqFnebgjM

Yea

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Critical posted:

the company is going in a different direction than he wants
apparently what he wants is to be a main eventer so lol and lmao

codyverse mind virus

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
AEW has failed in one major category, and that is showing me people get fuckin obliterated by The Rainmaker.

They're still an absolutely reprehensible company in this regard.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
the only thing i know about ajpw is that it used to have the japanese version of "girlfriend" by avril lavigne as its opening theme song, which rules

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Hobbs and Wardlow both suck and the experiments should be ended.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Also, honestly Hangman too.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Hobbs rules but Wardlow does nothing for me

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I don't watch much AEW but I heard on the Internet that Wardlow's lost it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Hobbs could be a mega star.
Wardlow is washed.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Hobbs is still newer, has plenty of time to grow as a wrestler. As it stands I can't remember many standout singles matches but he has a good look, presence, and charisma

Wardlow is just tall and muscular, don't recall him having any outstanding matches he wasn't carried completely through and has a total void of charisma. At least Goldberg had presence, Wardlow looks like the kind of guy about to go on a 10 story tiktok rant because someone walked in front of him while he was recording himself lifting at a public gym

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Shouldve never cut his hair shouldve never talked shouldve never wrestled a match longer than 6 minutes

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

yea ok posted:

Shouldve never cut his hair shouldve never talked shouldve never wrestled a match longer than 6 minutes

punk is in wwe now, sorry

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Wardlow was red hot for a while then he vanished and got brought back and cooled off but was still over then he vanished again and now he's back and has nothing.

He's a prime example of one of TK's bad booking habits in not keeping guys around while they're hot and changing things around.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Codependent Poster posted:

Wardlow was red hot for a while then he vanished and got brought back and cooled off but was still over then he vanished again and now he's back and has nothing.

He's a prime example of one of TK's bad booking habits in not keeping guys around while they're hot and changing things around.
what exactly do you think would be his peak, because it sure ain't world champion and he already had 3 TNT title runs

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Sometimes guys are over in a particular well-told story but don't have staying power. Wardlow rode the momentum of a really good story and power bombs being fun for a long time but his work and promos never caught up. The way they're using him now is smart, because the only and I mean ONLY thing he's good for at this point is paying off his storyline with MJF. I actually fully support MJF getting his win back from Wardlow because it's not like the dude is gonna be good for much of anything else besides squashing jobbers.

Hobbes is a good promo and has good charisma, but I dunno if his work is ever gonna get him to main event levels. He's....fine. Having him as the heavy of the Don Callis Family is a perfect spot for him. He can just be a big dude that kills people with big guy moves. That's fine.

Hangman is no less than the second best wrestler in the company, let's be serious here. His problem is he'll just go massive stretches of time without showing up for work.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Tampa Bae posted:

what exactly do you think would be his peak, because it sure ain't world champion and he already had 3 TNT title runs

I think keeping him as TNT champ for longer and putting him into a world title program could've worked when he was at the peak of his popularity. Don't give him the world title but he could've gotten a shot. He was mega over with everyone for a good while.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1729521835115487704

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1729584036329185714

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

1glitch0 posted:

Also, honestly Hangman too.

gently caress you

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
yeah Hangman sucks.....blood out of a man's face

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

fez_machine posted:

yeah Hangman sucks.....hes bad and he weeps like a baby

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

He hurt CM Punk's feelings so I'm Pro Hangman

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

fez_machine posted:

yeah Hangman sucks.....blood out of a man's face

Begrudgingly agree

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

gently caress you

:(

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

gently caress you

No, gently caress YOU. Hangman has done poo poo.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Yeah, like have the best world title reign in the company and good matches and promos

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I have forgiven the Weepy Wangman because I, like CM Punk, am like Jesus and am willing to forgive.

Also, he's way the gently caress better than Max.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Mewling Max.

There y'go, that's something.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i recommend hangman's latest match

sorry, got lost in the threads. sorry for saying this pathetic dog poo poo

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 29, 2023

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Can’t forgive the Crybaby Cowboy. Won’t do it.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Hangman made Mox say "please mr Hanger sir don't kill my little baby boy Yuta, I give up"

and that owned as a finish

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

Hangman made Mox say "please mr Hanger sir don't kill my little baby boy Yuta, I give up"

and that owned as a finish

it would have been great if we saw it!

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Mercedes is teasing returning to the ring and if I feel like if she goes to AEW she is an utter fool. WWE is making Rhea Ripley look like an absolute star and among the top tier current wrestlers in the company full stop in either division, put on a fantastic War Games match, and has a bunch of new talent bubbling up through NXT and the AEW women's division has... whatever Toni Storm is doing, and Julia Hart having a cool look. That's it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Warthur posted:

Mercedes is teasing returning to the ring and if I feel like if she goes to AEW she is an utter fool. WWE is making Rhea Ripley look like an absolute star and among the top tier current wrestlers in the company full stop in either division, put on a fantastic War Games match, and has a bunch of new talent bubbling up through NXT and the AEW women's division has... whatever Toni Storm is doing, and Julia Hart having a cool look. That's it.

She walked out of that company because it's poo poo and they don't deserve her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Why does AEW feel the need to continue booking the absurdly cooked Hardy Brothers? Especially when they have more signed wrestlers than TV time, seems a giant waste of time