Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

AndyElusive posted:

Hopefully 14 gets see CGI Wilf before the specials are done.

He was very tastefully converted into a Cyberman offscreen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
God I forgot about CyberBrig. That was just…no.

Albino Broccoli
Aug 5, 2022
I think that really gave what I was missing from Chibnall's run, a chance for the characters to relax and breathe and just be themselves, instead of non-stop action and set pieces being constantly flashed at you until the credits run. I really appreciated the scene with the Nobles, especially how much you can tell Donna and Silvia's relationship has changed just from a maybe five minute bit of dialogue. RTD usually nails those little moments and I'm so happy about it

The door cutting Donna and Tennant off initially made me roll my eyes but I was hooked right back in with

"Who cares about me?"
"I DO!"

Can't wait for the rest, I'm excited about Doctor Who again! Feels so weird!

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

TBLALV posted:

I think that really gave what I was missing from Chibnall's run, a chance for the characters to relax and breathe and just be themselves, instead of non-stop action and set pieces being constantly flashed at you until the credits run. I really appreciated the scene with the Nobles, especially how much you can tell Donna and Silvia's relationship has changed just from a maybe five minute bit of dialogue. RTD usually nails those little moments and I'm so happy about it

The door cutting Donna and Tennant off initially made me roll my eyes but I was hooked right back in with

"Who cares about me?"
"I DO!"

Can't wait for the rest, I'm excited about Doctor Who again! Feels so weird!

The glass wall between the Doctor and Donna with him lamenting how it isn't fair had to be a call back to 10 and Wilf in their adjacent glass boxes yeah?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Senor Tron posted:

The glass wall between the Doctor and Donna with him lamenting how it isn't fair had to be a call back to 10 and Wilf in their adjacent glass boxes yeah?

Wrath of Khan.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Detective No. 27 posted:

Wrath of Khan.

Doctor: Of all the human minds I have encountered in my travels, hers was the most.... Time Lord.... :smith:
River: :mad:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Senor Tron posted:

That's all I could think of when 14 started screaming, "Why does it have to be this?!" Reminded me of, "I could do so much more!"

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Also, that scene gave me my two favorite lines of the episode.

"Donna Noble is descending." Which was a great call back to her earlier conversation with Rose. Don't gently caress with Donna when she's protecting her daughter. And...

"Do what you want. This ship isn't going anywhere. You were beaten. By the DoctorDonna!"

I really loved this episode.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Doctor: Of all the human minds I have encountered in my travels, hers was the most.... Time Lord.... :smith:
River: :mad:

Isn't River half-TARDIS? She maybe should've been a blue cyborg all along.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

River has the same origin story as Knuckles in the Archie Sonic comic

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
rewatching and I think my favorite line has gotta be Donna calling The Meep "Mad Paddington"

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Yeah, they failed to inform Andy Lane that the upcoming "Last Day" boxset uses Chris and Roz, his creations over which he has creator's rights, and he went to Twitter to complain. I assume this means they didn't pay him for those characters either.

Something similar happened a few years back, with Andrew Cartmel and Raine, when BF used her without Cartmel's knowledge or permission in Dominion. You'd think they'd learn.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
What if Wilf’s scene is at the end of the third special and he accidentally get’s stuck in the radiation box again and that’s how Tennant 2.0 bites it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

rewatching and I think my favorite line has gotta be Donna calling The Meep "Mad Paddington"

Love that the Doctor shows up and over the sound of the rumbling trucks, yelling soldiers and the pandemonium on the street... he can still hear Donna bellowing angrily :allears:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Harlock posted:

10, X-2, X-3 when this iteration kicks a Toymaker ball and it's a bomb

I mean with 10, 10v2, Human 10, and 14, we're only needing one more to have a Five Doctors II starring only David Tennant. Or fielding a basketball starting lineup.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They can surely forge 4 more and get a full fellowship going.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

Warthur posted:

Don't rule out Jacobi either - after all, they have Disney money to throw at him these days.

What's that you say? Professor Yana regenerated? Well, yes. Why shouldn't the Master also have an issue with old faces coming back?

goddamn... its putting this sort of idea into my head that'll end up making the actual reveal disappointing.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

AndyElusive posted:

Hopefully 14 gets see CGI Wilf before the specials are done.

Bernard Cribbins was seen shooting for the specials before he passed away, so one can hope.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Astroman posted:

I mean with 10, 10v2, Human 10, and 14, we're only needing one more to have a Five Doctors II starring only David Tennant. Or fielding a basketball starting lineup.

Get the comics Valeyard which was Tennant in a goatee.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Bernard Cribbins was seen shooting for the specials before he passed away, so one can hope.

It is confirmed that Wilf will appear on screen. But only for a scene or two

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I have missed Donna so loving much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-DvXBoxKjY

Best 10 companion
Best 14 companion

Rack Ruby Sunday off so she can be best 15 companion

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Just make her the Doctor for a couple series.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

This time tennant is going to irradiate wilf. Turns out Tennant IS the big boss and will be the big bad for Gatwas season.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Oh drat, HADS deep cut! :toot:

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Lmfao, BF just brought back the serial killer companion in a story written by his first victim.

https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/doctor-who-sontarans-vs-rutans-the-battle-of-giant-s-causeway-2955

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Open Source Idiom posted:

Lmfao, BF just brought back the serial killer companion in a story written by his first victim.

https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/doctor-who-sontarans-vs-rutans-the-battle-of-giant-s-causeway-2955

Point of order, his first victim was his wife in the godawful Creed of the Kromon

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
https://twitter.com/OzKitsch/status/1728268972129407486

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Is the Doctor claiming he invented the ice cream treat he is advertising through the casual death of Necross, last of his species!?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

:allears:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

SOON

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
He's so Doctor-y

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Right?! For not having seen a single scene with him as Doctor it's amazing how strongly he just reads as one.

It will be incredible once we actually see him in action and realize between fantastic still poses, he talks and acts like Mr. Bean

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Khanstant posted:

Right?! For not having seen a single scene with him as Doctor it's amazing how strongly he just reads as one.

It will be incredible once we actually see him in action and realize between fantastic still poses, he talks and acts like Mr. Bean

I've only ever seen him in one thing, the Barbie movie, so I'm looking forward to seeing him in a larger role.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Khanstant posted:

His AAISAT wink sells me on him completely.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
I'm super excited for him too. It also makes me sad when I think about how Whittaker and Dhawan were wasted by Chibnall. I really hope Davies finds a way to bring them back at least once.

Also, what are the odds the timeless child stuff is never mentioned again. Probably high since aside from stuff Moffat set up himself during Davies v1 every show runner just erases the board and starts over

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Resdfru posted:

I'm super excited for him too. It also makes me sad when I think about how Whittaker and Dhawan were wasted by Chibnall. I really hope Davies finds a way to bring them back at least once.

Also, what are the odds the timeless child stuff is never mentioned again. Probably high since aside from stuff Moffat set up himself during Davies v1 every show runner just erases the board and starts over

I'd be shocked if it's brought up again. I forget where I saw it, but I think I saw RTD say he wasn't going to retcon it, but to me, that says he'll just ignore it and move on.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Resdfru posted:

The only trouble with dumping the Timeless Child is Jo Martin's Doctor would be left high and dry if it's retconned. And I think she's the one thing from Chibnall's run that pretty much everyone liked.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

thrawn527 posted:

I've only ever seen him in one thing, the Barbie movie, so I'm looking forward to seeing him in a larger role.

I can only hope his Doctor shares the same opinion on the lyricism of Stephen Malkmus as his Ken.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Gatwa is so unbelievably photogenic that I'm not entirely convinced he isn't a fae :stwoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Bloody Pom posted:

Gatwa is so unbelievably photogenic that I'm not entirely convinced he isn't a fae :stwoon:

:hmmyes: