Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

lmao his rear end is BROKE

HHH: "Just be happy I didn't make you put the Gooker costume on in Chicago."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Oh my god how did I miss this the first time it's only my favorite game ever :doh:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

“Here to make money” line gets even sadder.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yikes

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Phil Broke

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Half a mill Phil probably taking on a new meaning :(

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Nothing more punk rock than chasing down your former huge corporate employer, asking for your job back after you got fired from the cool new startup, and then accepting their demands of you not being loving stupid.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Honestly if there's one huge complaint I have with AEW it's that there's no DVDs. WWE is still dropping Blu-Rays of their events at Walmart. The only AEW event we've gotten on disc is the original All In. They should just put together some cheap match compilations or some Best Of Dynamite discs, maybe do a disc for All In London. Having more shelf presence would do wonders for it, because people still buy random DVDs. It just feels like lost revenue to me. It's that and the streaming stuff! I want to get people into cool wrestling and it's so easy when I can say to a casual watcher "yeah just pick up this show on DVD" or "hey just pay 9 dollars a month for a ton of cool shows".

I'm not big on discs, but I went to DoN this year and refuse to pay another $50 to have the replay available, even though I wouldn't have minded watching again. Had there been a cheaper option, I totally would've bought it.

Also, the B/R player is absolute garbage. It baffles me how a video player in 2024 can be that bad.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WWE’s blurays are really really good. I’d love some AEW sets.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

WWE’s blurays are really really good. I’d love some AEW sets.

I agree, my cm punk best in the world bluray got a log of play these past few days.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Literally just last night I realized I’ve lost my old Bret Hart dvd compilation and became kinda sad. So if Tony could get me a new one that’d be great.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The scene in Mad Men where SCDP gives Don a bunch of bullshit caveats to hiring him back in the hopes he won’t take it but then he does

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Maxwell Lord posted:

Change it to HTV, Harley in charge of everything, problem solved.

i'm down

Ganso Bomb posted:

Yes. I hope he’s healthy and makes a surprise return on Wednesday so Private Party can attack Top Flight to kick off a best of seven series between the two teams for no good reason or stakes at all.

wow same

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Honestly if there's one huge complaint I have with AEW it's that there's no DVDs.

there were pape ones but they didnt announce them anywhere, and theyre all sold out

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
HHH immediately distancing himself from Punk is hilarious. WWE has the chance to do the funniest thing if they release Punk now

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

sleep with the vicious posted:

HHH immediately distancing himself from Punk is hilarious. WWE has the chance to do the funniest thing if they release Punk now

Realistically the closest we could get to Ultimate Warrior dying after he returned

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

imagine if this is just a carny long game of humiliating him one more time then letting him go on, I don't know, his birthday

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

xbilkis posted:

Bryan firing Punk might be the most beast moment in the company’s history. AEW is back baby

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Majinfoose posted:

Bryan Danielson is the best in the world and the best of all time.

Love him.

yep. still love this shirt

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Book an angle where cm punk is roman reigns' butler

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

On The Internet posted:

Nothing more punk rock than chasing down your former huge corporate employer, asking for your job back after you got fired from the cool new startup, and then accepting their demands of you not being loving stupid.

its actually why i dont think he will screw this up and get fired. hes been broken. punk rock sellout phoning it in to cash a check. its basically the end of slc punk when matthew lillard goes to law school or whatever.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Brokest In The World

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Punk gonna start popping up in Pepsi commercials with Pepsiman.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Moxley just quietly testing the waters trying to see if Tony will agree to let him crush another wrestler's skull with his bare hands in a match.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I guess the big question is how expensive could it be to start a persistent blu ray business? AEW isn't brand new anymore, they have enough history in PPVs alone to put out a new blu ray every couple of months if they really want to.

"Physical media isn't the future" doesn't quite apply to wrestling fans, in my estimation. But I'm no businessman nor a billionaire, so what the gently caress do I know?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

They can’t even stock T-shirts lol

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Blurst In The World

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

If Tony is starting to get rid of the nepo hires who aren’t carrying their weight in year 4, this should be #1 priority lol

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

El Generico posted:

I have faith in Jay White to bounce back, but I want to see Bullet Club Gold get a prominent new member (Jack Perry, maybe Hangman). For me, the feud was buoyed by my pure enjoyment of Jay.

Just wanted to cut in here a moment.

Tony Khan is good at a lot of things, but he suffers from the McMahon booking issue with Stables in that intentionally or not, he ends up booking the stable around one guy and everyone else is either ignored or looking like a goober. Basically the only exception to this is Blackpool where Tony was like "Hey lets put a bunch of our main eventers in a stable, and give them a young boy to eat pins". So if your idea is "I like Bullet Club Gold working together and being fun!" then this is what you do not want.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

He realized he was this close to actually working in TNA and knew he had to beg Hunter for his job back.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Defenestrategy posted:

Just wanted to cut in here a moment.

Tony Khan is good at a lot of things, but he suffers from the McMahon booking issue with Stables in that intentionally or not, he ends up booking the stable around one guy and everyone else is either ignored or looking like a goober. Basically the only exception to this is Blackpool where Tony was like "Hey lets put a bunch of our main eventers in a stable, and give them a young boy to eat pins". So if your idea is "I like Bullet Club Gold working together and being fun!" then this is what you do not want.

Do not agree in the case of BCG. Juice gets plenty of Shine and the rear end Boys have been elevated.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

This is a good point, I admit

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He's not here to make friends, he's here to make a reasonable amount of money based on his perceived value by a company that did not need him

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

lmao he went crawling back

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

no mils phil

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Tony could surely afford a bluray burner and a spindle of BD-Rs to accommodate the 3 people on the planet who still buy physical media

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

yea ok posted:

Bryan 100% gave some dipshitted Ayn Rand speech and the rest of the brainiacs in the locker room misunderstood what Objectivism meant

What makes you think that Bryan Danielson, who endorsed Jill Stein in 2016, is an objectivist?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

With AEW's tendency to bring in hometown favorites for matches I'm excited to see SeXXXy Eddy wrestle Hangman Page next week in a match where they both try to drink Eddy's blood

Serious post I actually sent the clips to Eddy and told him to pitch that verbatim lol

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

hope jungle jack weights 300lbs when he returns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Ringo Roadagain posted:

hope jungle jack weights 300lbs when he returns

FINISH THE STORY