Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
The Punk that joined AEW was also boring as hell.

They could have had any heel in the company jump him or interrupt him on the first Collision, and jump-started the biggest feud AEW had ever seen. Instead he cut an interview where he was all "I love all the fans and all of the wresters, and I'm going to spend a month putting over Darby Allin before actually engaging in a feud with anyone".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

he can make all the x dot com posts he wants bryan is beast and the podcasters are in shambles

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

DEAR RICHARD posted:

anyone else miss marq quen?

I miss Private Party so much :( I'm glad Zay has been doing his thing and he's really fun as Brother Zay but I loved PP on the indies and was so excited to hear that they got signed to AEW. Hope when he's ready they go on a tear.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

With AEW's tendency to bring in hometown favorites for matches I'm excited to see SeXXXy Eddy wrestle Hangman Page next week in a match where they both try to drink Eddy's blood

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

neoaxd posted:

eatin' tree cum
talkin' 'bout soft dicks
revelling in tellin' tall tales
beating the gently caress outta okada
kickin' ol' phil out
is there anything bryan can't do? dont say stay healthy i dont wanna hear it

win a title

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

“I hereby sentence you to this sick rear end submission I just learned and 20 hours in the compost heap out back of my farm.”

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Answers Me posted:

Now that it’s all over I think we can all agree that Tony being a gigantic mark and putting the world title on Punk at the earliest opportunity was a catastrophically bad booking decision that he’s only just managed to dig himself out of.

I wasn't, and am currently not, a huge fan of Hangman. I've really tried. Personal opinions aside he was the guy to beat Kenny and I got the decision even if I didn't personally see a lot in him. But when Punk beat Hangman something changed in AEW. And it never loving recovered.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Tyma posted:

The Punk that joined AEW was also boring as hell.

They could have had any heel in the company jump him or interrupt him on the first Collision, and jump-started the biggest feud AEW had ever seen. Instead he cut an interview where he was all "I love all the fans and all of the wresters, and I'm going to spend a month putting over Darby Allin before actually engaging in a feud with anyone".

I disagree. After being gone from wrestling for as long as he was he needed to show that he wanted to be there and was excited for all the new opportunities and also ease back in because dude was gone for 8 years. His wwe promo was off the back of him being publicly fired and getting into fights and that’s the one that needed to have some fire. Either him saying he’s working on himself or whatever or doubling down and saying gently caress AEW I’m here to change wrestling. Instead he just said nothing.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Yes. I hope he’s healthy and makes a surprise return on Wednesday so Private Party can attack Top Flight to kick off a best of seven series between the two teams for no good reason or stakes at all.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I was cooling on Hangman lately but he fully brought me back in with the Texas Death match. I'm not even the worlds biggest fan of death matches in general but that poo poo was so good and he didn't even win the match.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I hope Danielson still has a backstage or office job after he retires next summer. That's a guy you make a position for if there isn't one available.

VP of positive declarations and sick submissions.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

The Stroker Ace posted:

Tony might as well of just handed Punk the belt in the middle of the ring while kissing his rear end the night he debuted.

I wish he would have just hosed off to WWE to begin with.

Okay this is the issue I have with AEW. When it started it was "who loving knows what's gonna happen!?" There's no rules, there's no Roman or Cena. It's a free for all! And then when Punk showed up the inevitable title run was there. Suddenly we knew what everything was going to be in service of.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
If Punk immediately feuds with somebody upon joining AEW we never get the iggy also known as the office

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

explosivo posted:

I was cooling on Hangman lately but he fully brought me back in with the Texas Death match. I'm not even the worlds biggest fan of death matches in general but that poo poo was so good and he didn't even win the match.

Literally the only time wrestling ever made me legitimately irl gag was the blood drinking.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Tony make "I BROKE CM PUNK'S CONTRACT" shirts plz

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Miss marq quen? With all the recent wrestling news I’ve been marq quen out all week!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1729602209590161686

let him loose

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

The full quote is "You don't want to know what I think. I didn't see it."

cringe

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I like Hangman because he told me that getting stitches on his eyelid hurt worse than getting stitches in his rear end in a top hat and I don’t know if he was being serious.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yea ok posted:

The full quote is "You don't want to know what I think. I didn't see it."

cringe

we have got to stop letting the podcasters away with this

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Bryan Danielson is the best in the world and the best of all time.

Love him.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Majinfoose posted:

Love him.

Agreed. I wish AEW would put out more dvds or blurays and make a Danielson disk for me to buy

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Even doghausen, who fawns over every little thing Phil does on Instagram hasn’t said a word about it. Just brutal

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
By the end of next year QT will be head of Bullet Club and top heel in NJPW

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Pretty good upgrade

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
yeah I'd take QT over Finlay right now hands down

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Majinfoose posted:

Love him.

remember the strap match he did with Ricky Starks when he was still really injured and how brutal it was

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Truly the greatest wrestler to ever do it

I had a personal interaction with Bryan that I don't think I ever talked about here. But the tldr version of it is he is awesome and respectful and he should absolutely be in charge of rasslin ethics in a way Punk never could.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Honestly if there's one huge complaint I have with AEW it's that there's no DVDs. WWE is still dropping Blu-Rays of their events at Walmart. The only AEW event we've gotten on disc is the original All In. They should just put together some cheap match compilations or some Best Of Dynamite discs, maybe do a disc for All In London. Having more shelf presence would do wonders for it, because people still buy random DVDs. It just feels like lost revenue to me. It's that and the streaming stuff! I want to get people into cool wrestling and it's so easy when I can say to a casual watcher "yeah just pick up this show on DVD" or "hey just pay 9 dollars a month for a ton of cool shows".

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

The only AEW event we've gotten on disc is the original All In.

That’s not true, they’ve had a few PPVs on dvd. Or do you specifically mean BR?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/WrestlePurists/status/1729590721177403491

Lol gently caress. What a loser :(

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

should have looked at the property taxes before signing to buy his LA house and we wouldn't be in this situation

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Punk asked Trips if he could bring his ugly little pet to WWE shows and Paul said we have enough producers we don’t need Ace Steel.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

lmao his rear end is BROKE

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Quantum of Phallus posted:

That’s not true, they’ve had a few PPVs on dvd. Or do you specifically mean BR?

Yeah, I meant BR. I think they should also work to get their DVDs more distribution in big chains. It feels like there's ways they can get more eyes on the company they aren't really taking advantage of, but then again I know things have changed since I started watching and would impulse buy stuff like the ECW ONS/Documentary two-pack or 3PW Raven's Rules just because I saw it at the store so I could be totally off the mark!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

quote:

"I actually missed it. I had to catch up on it later," Moxley said of Swerve Strickland and Hangman Page's critically acclaimed Texas Death Match at AEW Full Gear earlier this month. "But that's an awesome thing where those Texas Death Matches have become kind of a go-to match for us for the ultimate, end-of-the-road match. That's the cool thing. We have to deliver on that and as the bar keeps getting raised higher and higher, it takes more creativity and everything to keep pushing the boundaries."

To Moxley, matches like Swerve vs. Hangman exemplify what makes AEW different from any other promotion in the game right now.

"When it comes to matches like that, that's one small thing that we can do differently than anybody else in this s--t. That was one thing I remember, telling (AEW President) Tony [Khan] that when I first came in. 'If you're going to put me in one of these matches, be careful what you wish for because I am not in the business of under-delivering.' I'm not spitting some taglines of like, I'm going to crush your skull with my fingers and pull out your eyeballs and all this s--t and then we're not going to do it," Moxley detailed. "AEW has been able to consistently deliver on that. I think it's very important for us to always remember where this started in the first place, which was the need in the industry for an alternative. We should always be different. We should always be thinking about what we can deliver that nobody else can. Otherwise, we're just another wrestling company, of which there have been a million.

"Not every single match needs to be chopping each other's heads off. But that's one small thing and I definitely feel like I've definitely held up my end on that in that small area of the business. If you can't be the first in a category, create a new category in which you can be the first."

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

he's broke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

lol I recognized the quote but could not remember from where.