Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Is this the legit USA account responding to stuff in this thread?!

https://twitter.com/USANetwork/status/1729520258677952921?t=UKdSYJHyn6fDaZVHj7eUdw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

dawg lmao

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

if you come for the usa network, you best not miss

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Holy poo poo, did Stamford do something to piss USA off that I'm not aware of?

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

You're trying to tell me they went commercial free for an hour at the start and couldn't get an overrun? Lol. LMAO

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

aewheads have infiltrated the usa network social media dept and will grant no quarter to fedcels. remain calm. patriots are in control.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Barry Bluejeans posted:

its a social media intern explaining to online idiots how contracts and schedules work. dont think about it too much

Robviously posted:

You're trying to tell me they went commercial free for an hour at the start and couldn't get an overrun? Lol. LMAO

negotiating a commercial free hour before the show starts and trying to get extra time 15 minutes before the show ends are two vastly different things to the point where the second is logically impossible

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

it is funny how most of the major brands just let their social media person just do pretty much whatever nowadays because they don't want to be bothered reading their thousand nonsense posts a day to police it

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Sure sucks wwe couldn't find any other segment to cut shorter or completely for Punk.

Oh well sure they looked really hard at it!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

A show with a double count out Ivar singles match and a Nia Jax match and R-Truth eating snacks across multiple segments couldn’t find the time for their big special boy lol. Welcome back to the big leagues kid

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

He's already Just A Guy

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

A show with a double count out Ivar singles match and a Nia Jax match and R-Truth eating snacks across multiple segments couldn’t find the time for their big special boy lol. Welcome back to the big leagues kid

"Akira Tozawa did his dance"

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Cabbit posted:

That promo is so much better it's loving hilarious.

Now all I want is to see that depressed sad sack poo poo face, give that AI promo but with absolutely no intensity whatsoever.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Barry Bluejeans posted:

they don't draw brother

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

JUNGLE BOY posted:

you cut that R-Truth segment and you are going to fuckin regret it, bro

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Digital Jedi posted:

Sure sucks wwe couldn't find any other segment to cut shorter or completely for Punk.

give him the 'apologies to matt damon but we ran out of time' treatment every monday

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Digital Jedi posted:

What was the timeline of raw?

As far as i can see, orton vs mysterio was the thing just before the commercial break that went into punk coming out

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Last observer radio they were complaining about how dvr doesn’t catch Dynamite overruns on tbs cause those aren’t even planned in advance Tony can apparently just last-minute be like “we’re going long” and the network goes “you got it boss man”.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
with every passing day I find the chilly grasp of time draining me of my ability to be surprised by literally anything

yet somehow, the official USA network social media account being exasperated at people demanding more time for Punk in an already flaccidly over-stretched three hours of WWE programming...

I didn't see that coming

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

0konner posted:

Last observer radio they were complaining about how dvr doesn’t catch Dynamite overruns on tbs cause those aren’t even planned in advance Tony can apparently just last-minute be like “we’re going long” and the network goes “you got it boss man”.

The superstation ancestral memory of shows starting at 7:05 still burns within tbs

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

rotinaj posted:

What was the timeline of raw?

As far as i can see, orton vs mysterio was the thing just before the commercial break that went into punk coming out

It was the segment just before.

But at any point in a 3 hour show they could have cut a match, cut a promo out, run less recaps, shorten other matches etc.

They very much could have slotted a bigger time for him prior to play it on the safe side if things go over.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yeah but isnt the implication that they didn’t think they needed the time until dom/orton went long?

Like, you cannot go back and cut time from ivar in the first hour when dominik is too busy playing to the crowd at 10:50

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

You could just open the show with Punk so it’s not a worry at all but that would require a philosophical shift to respecting the fans time

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

JUNGLE BOY posted:

You could just open the show with Punk so it’s not a worry at all

Yeah but-

quote:

but that would require a philosophical shift to respecting the fans time

Yeah. This is the Bad Place.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Randy Orton doesn't give a gently caress about Punk getting time

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
^^^ I sure hope that's honestly the case and he doesn't give a gently caress cause it's way funnier

I just think it would have been easier to tell Dom/Randy you have 15 minutes don't go over, Punk has the last 25 with only needing 15. You put a buffer in there prematch so if they go over, Punk should still has time
Plus you have the ref at sometime convey to Dom/Randy to hurry it up and finish.

In the end who cares and more importantly

:siren: Beepie has a match tonight :siren:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
this all sounds like wwe cope because people weren't happy with the segment

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://x.com/peteredge7/status/1729604075572936813?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
WWE just simply needs more time, 3 hours isn't enough. They should have a fourth hour match that extends through the other USA programming, like when Hogan and Giant had an hour long mighty contest during TNT's Robin Hood

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

rotinaj posted:

Yeah but isnt the implication that they didn’t think they needed the time until dom/orton went long?

Like, you cannot go back and cut time from ivar in the first hour when dominik is too busy playing to the crowd at 10:50

I've got to be honest I find it hard to believe a WWE match ran over so long that they cut 7-8 minutes from Punk. Absolutely sounds like the thing you let out after everyone says the promo was awful. The most scripted wrestling show happened to have a minor league scheduling conflict on this really important episode.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

miro:

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE MUSSOLINIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

WITH DEATH IN HIS EYES

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

You could just open the show with Punk so it’s not a worry at all but that would require a philosophical shift to respecting the fans time

You assume the average WWE fan really gives a poo poo what Punk has to say. I think most people think he’s pretty washed. Randy is a bigger star and subsequently got the opening commercial free spot and delivered a better promo.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

randy orton is bad rear end

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

lol

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Eat My Fuc posted:

You assume the average WWE fan really gives a poo poo what Punk has to say. I think most people think he’s pretty washed. Randy is a bigger star and subsequently got the opening commercial free spot and delivered a better promo.

Randy isn’t a draw, never has been never will be. Last cool thing he did was going AWOL

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Digital Jedi posted:

It was the segment just before.

But at any point in a 3 hour show they could have cut a match, cut a promo out, run less recaps, shorten other matches etc.

They very much could have slotted a bigger time for him prior to play it on the safe side if things go over.
My favorite part of attending a WWE RAW was watching someone make an entrance, sit through a commercial break, sit through two unrelated packages/backstage skits, and then restart their music after a second commercial break as they've just been kind of standing around the ring for 10-15 minutes since they first made their entrance

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/wrestlenomics/status/1729628805625524387?t=TOVlEnsf6Lc9XCedEfhy7w&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Look some of us just need our Nia Jax fix, Punk be damned.