Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

LeeMajors posted:

Florida fired Corey Raymond and Sean Spencer, DB and DL coaches respectively.

Getting Raymond out of LSU was supposed to be napiers best assistant hire but that group has severely underperformed. DL has also been a complete non factor.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s more movement, but it definitely speaks to a warm seat.

Yeah seems like next year would be something like 8 wins or bust for him, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

LeeMajors posted:

Getting Raymond out of LSU was supposed to be napiers best assistant hire but that group has severely underperformed. DL has also been a complete non factor.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s more movement, but it definitely speaks to a warm seat.

Cool, that means we can hire an actual special teams coach now right?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

General Dog posted:

Yeah seems like next year would be something like 8 wins or bust for him, right?

Looking at that schedule I have to believe 8 wins is unlikely. 4 straight losing seasons (and 3 of Napier’s) would be apocalyptic but it seems very very possible.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

Cool, that means we can hire an actual special teams coach now right?

I think we need jettison one of our OL coaches to make this happen :cripes:

Also we need an OC

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

swickles posted:

Its why more schools should just hire whoever wins their Madden E-Sports tournament, The Mike McDaniels method.

but then who would call a quick out on 3rd and 9?????

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

If you’re looking for a DB coach you can have Willie Martinez, he’s much better now I promise!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

If you’re looking for a DB coach you can have Willie Martinez, he’s much better now I promise!

I’d hope we’d do better but *gestures wildly*

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

General Dog posted:

The one thing saving him is that I don't think anyone is realistically expecting more than 6 or 7 wins. I don't quite know how we've ended up with these brutal back to back schedules but here we are.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Sean Spencer was great at Penn State. Not sure what happened there.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

EvilHawk posted:

The one thing saving him is that I don't think anyone is realistically expecting more than 6 or 7 wins. I don't quite know how we've ended up with these brutal back to back schedules but here we are.

So a bowl appearance plus some promise on the recruiting side might be enough?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

General Dog posted:

So a bowl appearance plus some promise on the recruiting side might be enough?

I'm certainly not an expert but that's realistically best case scenario. Taking steps forward in key areas, keeping a decent class together, winning the games we're supposed to win. That'd be nice.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

yes ha ha ha YES
https://x.com/PeteThamel/status/1729587776390135876?s=20

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Sash! posted:

And two of them were Penn State and Michigan knee deep in listless pandemic teams.

Also going to be adding Washington, Oregon and USC to the group of teams that will stomp Indiana every time out. So instead of a virtually guaranteed 4 losses, that's 7 teams of which they'll see 3-4 of each year so that's just 1 easier game every other year.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

this ends with sam pittman getting fired in week 3 and replaced with the offensive coordinator while i laugh so hard i ascend off the mortal realm

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bobby Petrino can be head coach but the Faustian bargain is Houston Nutt as his OC.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

That's okay, I think Bobby is always happy to get his nutt.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
lol what is there to vet at this point?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Mike_V posted:

lol what is there to vet at this point?

Did you crash a motorcycle with a colleague’s wife onboard (y/n)?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/petethamel/status/1729605886916567516?s=46

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Is this good

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yes because it means Kirby Moore might stay at Mizzou

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

An SEC coordinator job?...

:ohdear:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

a neat cape posted:

Is this good

Probably a good hire, and definitely a "dating the opposite of your ex" hire.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
There we go

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1729611518138798315?t=1glYnfhEXLL81swJixk01g&s=19

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

a neat cape posted:

Is this good

Yes, he’s loving incredible at coaching offense.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Sean Lewis was on the list of potential candidates for the Penn State OC job.

This was a public post not behind the paywall on a Penn State forum, but someone with insider credibility dropped a hint that Penn State's OC would come from the state of Kansas.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Sounds like Oregon St will promote Bray, their DC. Good that they acted quick and maintained some continuity, hopefully it stems the flow of transfers a bit.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

you have got to be loving kidding me. they kept pittman just to saddle him with this particular kind of road-rashed, neck-brace-wearing baggage? what the gently caress yurachek lol. did he show up to the interview wearing the loving sugar bowl hat

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

LOL. Just fire Pittman if you're going to bring this sad sack back. He didn't exactly do well his second time at Louisville and A&M's offense was not exactly great. An unserious hire if they make it.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Syracuse hiring Georgia DBs coach Fran Brown as next HC

...sure? I dunno. Not the a name I've seen connected there

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Arkansas boosters installing Petrino as OC so they can fire Pittman mid-season next year and sneak Bobby back into the HC position is so good lmao

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Jerry and Bobby, the Disgusting Brothers ride again.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Neil Armbong posted:

LOL. Just fire Pittman if you're going to bring this sad sack back. He didn't exactly do well his second time at Louisville and A&M's offense was not exactly great. An unserious hire if they make it.
ESPN's Chris Low is reporting that they're finalizing a deal and are expecting to announce it tonight

funniest possible outcome now would be for him to be an Arkansas employee again for roughly four days before taking the... *spins wheel* Houston head coach job

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

dphi posted:

I do wonder what would have happened if UCLA had pulled the trigger on firing Chip, seemed like that was a legit possible landing spot for Fisch. That or if Florida had fired Napier I guess.

Yeah that would have been a real possibility for sure, especially with the conference breakup sending them to separate places.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/skrajisnik3/status/1729591515352121361

there's no shot, right? this is the voltron of Bad Coaching

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
NCAA Coaching Carousel 2023: Petrino Rides At Arkansas Again

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Spaced God posted:

https://twitter.com/skrajisnik3/status/1729591515352121361

there's no shot, right? this is the voltron of Bad Coaching

A body count hasn't stopped Brian Kelly. Or Bobby Petrino, but in a different sense.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

After weeks of silence, there's increasing chatter about Kansas OC Andy Kotelnicki getting hired as OC at Penn State. Seems like a pretty good hire.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

This is a really loving weird settle for Lewis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

LeeMajors posted:

Spencer was great at PSU, shame it didn't work out there. Isn't Raymond supposed to be the big time recruiter on staff? How's that going to impact this coming class? I think I remember yall were bringing in a top or so class