Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Severance Enclosure ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Pirate Jet posted:

No new Exotic armor this season, if anyone was wondering.

Riven's Lair is terrible but The Coil is very cool.

I wish we had gotten a cool new exotic armor but I imagine the idea is that we 'got' all the reworks on the old exotic armors

The leaked dungeon exotic is i n s a n e

Exotic Sidearm that uses special ammo and fires rockets? Hell why not. Also make it look like a golden age of comics ray gun

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Pirate Jet posted:

Riven's Lair is terrible but The Coil is very cool.

Aren't they the same thing? I recall basically doing the exact same thing in the coil as the lair.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I'm stoked for the lunar new year celebration bundle

https://twitter.com/destinybulletn/status/1729558126133653761

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

T1g4h posted:

Breakneck is back, and Onslaught is a random roll on both it and a world drop Void 600 AR. What a wild season!

Also, Titans, pull out Severance Enclosure and give the ol' Bonk Hammer a try again. Or just Severance Enclosure in general, really. The new explosions chains really well:

https://imgur.com/R9n5Ae4

Works with Grapple Melee too. It's pretty fun. You can do a lot of boom booms with Monte Carlo to give you uptime.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

These nerfs are about as lame as I figured they'd be lol

Rip orbs

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Pffff like a true chinese boy, there's only one thing I'm excited about for Lunar New Year

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Who gave the OK to build Mara's downstairs room in the HELM? There's a table that looks exactly like the bathtub, in front of the bathtub. The bathtub itself is the gamer chair of small bathtubs, because it looks incredibly uncomfortable and lacks important bath features, like any faucets or taps to add more water. Meanwhile, there are round pew-looking couches facing the table. There's a makeup vanity, and several weirdo Awoken magic eye pictures strewn around.

What an affront to interior design.

edit: and this isn't HVAC, these are weird animal cages on the walls, aren't they?

Roctavian fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 29, 2023

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That's definitely the Witcher tub in Mara's basement. :lol:

Riven has big Audrey II vibes in this story.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
This SMG... https://www.light.gg/db/items/1447836603/subjunctive/?p=1467527085,3142289711,1583705720,2173046394,19542588

This thing is going to be an absolute lawnmower.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So Bungie 100% forgot that Riven already said hi to us after we killed her right

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

RBA Starblade posted:

So Bungie 100% forgot that Riven already said hi to us after we killed her right

Canonically your player did not participate in the Last Wish raid.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Canonically your player did not participate in the Last Wish raid.

This is bullshit I canonically cheesed her to death with Behemoth and got 1K Voices first try

BTW if you wondered what Scatter Signal's lore translates to:

quote:

A c h u r n i n g s i n g u l a r i t y o f s h a d o w a n d m i m i c r y b e a t s a g a i n w i t h i n c u l t i v a t e d c h a o s .

M i n d s o r b i t i t s g r a v i t y , t o b r i d g e c o m m u n i o n w i t h a V o i c e , t o m o v e f r o m p a r a l l e l t o e n t a n g l e m e n t .

T h e y d r e a m o f a d a r k c o r e , c o n t a i n e d w i t h i n a t i m e l e s s s t r u c t u r e . A s u s p e n d e d r e t u r n t o t h e p r i m o r d i a l .

I f n o t f o r t h i s t r u t h , w h y k n e e l ? I f n o t f o r t h i s t r u t h , w h y d o e s i t e l u d e d e f i n i t i o n ?

T h o u g h n o t a l l a g r e e o n a l l , a l l a g r e e o n t h i s .

S o l i s S a l v a t i o n .

So I guess that's what the Nine are doing

e: Threat Detector/Surrounded 3 round burst void lfr? Yeah I'll take that lmao

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Nov 29, 2023

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The Dreaming City may still be cursed, but it looks like another one was lifted after all

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
lol, lmao

https://twitter.com/DestinyBulletn/status/1729637783528972294?s=20

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
Thanks whoever suggested severance enclosure, literally never used it and it’s hilarious.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Glacioclasm can roll with overflow this year :sickos:.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

soloed a coil run. pretty cool. thought it might go infinitely, but it maxes out at 4 loops. scorn boss is my least favorite by far, with taken a narrow second.

very eager for the stasis trace pattern to be mine. having a special ammo weapon that isn't a shotgun/fusion (too short range when things get spicy) or a sniper rifle (can't do close combat) or a grenade launcher (can and will blow my dumb rear end up, also i already have a grenade launcher) will be a godsend

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
How hard is solo Coil? Do you go to orbit if you die?

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Wait they made more of these - i should go back at some point I guess so I can understand what this year was all about!!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I am weak, I caved and bought the eververse shaders.

Also gently caress in particular whoever thought of a detainment bubble followed by waves of exploding suicide harpies in that mission boss fight.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I am weak, I caved and bought the eververse shaders.

Also gently caress in particular whoever thought of a detainment bubble followed by waves of exploding suicide harpies in that mission boss fight.

I threw my exploding knife at everything in that room. It awards you a weekly challenge and a half of another weekly challenge and made the room trivially easy.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

After breaking the shield I supered the boss to death before anything could spawn lol

Rip Synthos btw, feels like poo poo without the lunge increase

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I used the new rocket launcher.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

FlapYoJacks posted:

I used the new rocket launcher.

It's pretty ok!

I got a kinetic tremors tigerspite along with that cool triple shot lfr. Glad there's an alternative for me besides RoN for one now

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
Please don’t tell me we have to do blind well all season. I did too much in forsaken, I don’t think it’s a particularly good one of those events either. Big oof if we have to do that every week all season.

Other than that, a strong start to the season so far.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Titan needed a new look since my gimmick this season is entirely about throwing hammers like an angry construction worker :v:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

T1g4h posted:

Breakneck is back, and Onslaught is a random roll on both it and a world drop Void 600 AR. What a wild season!

https://www.light.gg/db/items/3583275737/ros-arago-iv/

Yeah I actually will try to get this bad boy with rewind+onslaught. That's a great combo. Finally a 600 void auto returns to us.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

T1g4h posted:

Titan needed a new look since my gimmick this season is entirely about throwing hammers like an angry construction worker :v:

Lorely forever
Lorely forever
Lorely forever
For the sunspot makes us strong!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Lord Packinham posted:

Please don’t tell me we have to do blind well all season. I did too much in forsaken, I don’t think it’s a particularly good one of those events either. Big oof if we have to do that every week all season.

The fact that a single heroic T3 isn't enough to fill the bar is absolutely nuts. I joined a T2 in progress, finished it, set off a T3, turned it heroic and still only ended up with about 90%. I get they probably had to do some last minute padding, but this is just ugly.

Also that pubs don't know how to set off or complete the heroic. Currently they just sit there pouring dragon's breath ammo into a shielded meatball.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Nov 29, 2023

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Lord Packinham posted:

Really, you think so? There's one lovely mission and then you do that lovely mission again after doing blind well. This has been an extremely weak start imo, much weaker than last season which was already a weak season.

I'll see how the lfg system works (it won't lmao), and then probably drop the game again.

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012
The big conclusion to last season was finding an uncorrupted egg, but now this season we have to find more eggs (the egg we found being unmentioned unless I missed it) and we have to use Riven's ghost? I thought we were going to hatch the new egg?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Maybe I'm in a particular cynical mood, but as someone who's been fairly optimistic and enjoying the game for the year, my initial impression of the season is one of pretty high disappointment. No GoS refresh despite it feeling like a really good time for that, no refreshed strikes despite them saying some of those would come later this year....kind of just literally nothing new outside of the seasonal activities. I know there was no promises of added content for the exotic mission rotator this year, but even just unvaulting one mission for it would have been a good way to pace some new conent.

The Coil seems like it might be an interesting activity, but my first impression is very much reddit got their monkey paw wish for a hard matchmade activity and there's going to be a whole season of people bitching their run failed because of pubbies, cause my first impression is "I just spent 30 minutes for the run to "fail?" I'm supposed to do 4 of these cycles?"

I'm still not happy hearing they merged the "fun" crucible playlist with the "unfun" crucible playlist, because I guess it was of the utmost importance that they have multiple 3 player playlists and a dedicated "control points type modes" playlist, but maybe I'm looking for reasons to be cranky, because I'm sure at least one playlist will be palatable per week, and/or there it wont be a huge pain in the rear end to do the "play specific crucible mode" seasonal challenges.

And yeah, "play blind well" was a a bit of a "what" to me. I'm glad they added a quick way to load into it, but oh boy, it wasn't a great impression still being dumped into an empty instance, or loading into one that was midway in a tier 1, or just that it's not really a fun activity anymore because it very easily suffers from "everyone else is killing poo poo/stealing the buffs before I have a chance"

I'm just hoping the dungeon isn't tuned anything like Ghosts, but I know it's silly to assume they'll do anything but continue on the trajectory of making content that doesn't need to be harder, harder, while still somehow underserving people on the content that is actually supposed to be hard.

Aqua Dracula posted:

The big conclusion to last season was finding an uncorrupted egg, but now this season we have to find more eggs (the egg we found being unmentioned unless I missed it) and we have to use Riven's ghost? I thought we were going to hatch the new egg?
I thought that was goofy, but they've framed it as "Riven is only gonna give us the wish if we get ALL of her lost eggs." The egg we found did get mentioned, but it does feel funny how it went from feeling like a huge deal to being a footnote.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
The only way to follow the Witness is a dragon wish but we know you can never trust a dragon wish?

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

I know there was no promises of added content for the exotic mission rotator this year, but even just unvaulting one mission for it would have been a good way to pace some new conent.

The new exotic bow seems like it will have a Seraph Shield style mission associated with it coming out in December.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Oxyclean posted:

I know there was no promises of added content for the exotic mission rotator this year, but even just unvaulting one mission for it would have been a good way to pace some new conent.

To be fair to Bungie, they confirmed previously we weren't getting any more until next year at some point. Probably should've been clearer about it.

Aqua Dracula posted:

The new exotic bow seems like it will have a Seraph Shield style mission associated with it coming out in December.

Yeah, there's a new mission, and it also means the bow will be craftable and it's a mission we'll be running repeatedly to unlock upgrades.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The fact that a single heroic T3 isn't enough to fill the bar is absolutely nuts. I joined a T2 in progress, finished it, set off a T3, turned it heroic and still only ended up with about 90%. I get they probably had to do some last minute padding, but this is just ugly.

This exact thing happened to me and it really got under my skin. In no universe should these numbers come out in a way where after doing a T4, I have to do more than one more run.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

sunday at work posted:

The only way to follow the Witness is a dragon wish but we know you can never trust a dragon wish?

The bargain Mara struck wasn't even to get inside the traveler. It was for 'her heart's desire.' there is zero chance riven doesn't betray her while technically fulfilling the bargain. Like we're going to get uldren back or something.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Aqua Dracula posted:

Yeah, I'm looking forward to that - but it's part of this season's content.

EVGA Longoria posted:

To be fair to Bungie, they confirmed previously we weren't getting any more until next year at some point. Probably should've been clearer about it.
Like I said, I wasn't expecting anything, I just think it would have been smarter of them to have something ready to go for this season, even if it was literally just adding Hawkmoon's quest and craftable/customizable hawkmoon.

Like, it was funny there was a bunch of anticipation/speculation that this season would be a big refresh for playlist activities, (not entirely unfounded, I'm pretty sure bungie themselves alluded to it) and besides loving around with the makeup of crucible playlists, that sort of panned out to nothing? It's just hard not to feel the particular emptiness of the season when last season had the exotic mission rotator, and the previous had LW refresh for "stuff beyond the seasonal specific stuff"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Overdelivery! Trains! PATTERNS! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA