Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

mcmagic posted:

Nah this is wrong. He reached out for multiple jobs last year and he'd jump in a second if he got the money and control he wants.

And got a pay raise, has a steak beating OSU and making the playoff again. Michigan will pay him anything to keep him. Can't even confirm Belichick is available, and how proven is he without Brady?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Belicheck to Michigan, Brady goes back to school to get his doctorate and plays QB along the way.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
The only thing I give a poo poo about right now is if Telesco is fired alongside Staley. If Spanos lets that milquetoast dipshit choose another head coach and work another draft, I'm just done with this garbage-rear end team. At this point it's blatantly clear that Telesco is at the heart of all this team's problems that can be realistically solved. He can't draft worth a poo poo, can barely do free agency adequately, and has managed to let way too much good talent walk out the door. I never forgot how Eric Weddle got treated in his last season, and over the years, Telesco proved that was the real first giant red flag about his poo poo performance right up there with Donald Butler's contract extension.

To be clear, Dean Spanos and his loser-rear end kids are the real problem, but I don't see them going anywhere anytime soon so I'm not even gonna bother speculating about them.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

aperion posted:

The only thing I give a poo poo about right now is if Telesco is fired alongside Staley. If Spanos lets that milquetoast dipshit choose another head coach and work another draft, I'm just done with this garbage-rear end team. At this point it's blatantly clear that Telesco is at the heart of all this team's problems that can be realistically solved. He can't draft worth a poo poo, can barely do free agency adequately, and has managed to let way too much good talent walk out the door. I never forgot how Eric Weddle got treated in his last season, and over the years, Telesco proved that was the real first giant red flag about his poo poo performance right up there with Donald Butler's contract extension.

To be clear, Dean Spanos and his loser-rear end kids are the real problem, but I don't see them going anywhere anytime soon so I'm not even gonna bother speculating about them.
Does it really matter who is picking the coach when ownership is shopping at Dollar Tree?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

LiquidFriend posted:

Does it really matter who is picking the coach when ownership is shopping at Dollar Tree?

I mean this with all sincerity. What's the alternative? Just stop watching football?

Do you want us to just not talk about our team

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Like we know nothing is changing until the Spanoses are out.

Should I just respond to everything concerning the Chargers with "doesn't matter, Spanos"

I think I'll try that.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

I mean this with all sincerity. What's the alternative? Just stop watching football?

Do you want us to just not talk about our team

The point I was trying to make was that there’s not much reason to argue about getting rid of Spanos cuz it’s not happening. However, Despite his clear flaws as an owner, rolling the dice on a new GM and HC is preferable to sticking with this garbage-tier crap that’s currently running the team. Because yes things could be worse with a new GM; but if this team is at 4 wins on the season as it is, worse isn’t all that worse anymore. But things could also improve, and that’s the part I’m interested in.

Sticking with Telesco another year to pick a new HC just shows the Chargers aren’t a serious team and not worth the time and emotion we put into them. That’s my bigger concern,even over when they finally fire Staley. I’ve had a lot of friends who gave up on this team when they moved, and those who’ve remained since have been so apathetic this season, even I’m questioning whether to bother with them anymore.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

aperion posted:

The point I was trying to make was that there’s not much reason to argue about getting rid of Spanos cuz it’s not happening. However, Despite his clear flaws as an owner, rolling the dice on a new GM and HC is preferable to sticking with this garbage-tier crap that’s currently running the team. Because yes things could be worse with a new GM; but if this team is at 4 wins on the season as it is, worse isn’t all that worse anymore. But things could also improve, and that’s the part I’m interested in.

Sticking with Telesco another year to pick a new HC just shows the Chargers aren’t a serious team and not worth the time and emotion we put into them. That’s my bigger concern,even over when they finally fire Staley. I’ve had a lot of friends who gave up on this team when they moved, and those who’ve remained since have been so apathetic this season, even I’m questioning whether to bother with them anymore.

Oh, I'm right there with you. The Spanoses aren't going anywhere, and if you believe that the team can't win as long as they're in charge, then there's no logical point in talking about the team at all.

But I like talking about my team regardless of the glass ceiling they've imposed on themselves with ownership. I just want to see some kind of step in the right direction.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Belichick to the Chargers makes the most sense to me. Thats his best path to a good QB.

Buffalo baby

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Oh, I'm right there with you. The Spanoses aren't going anywhere, and if you believe that the team can't win as long as they're in charge, then there's no logical point in talking about the team at all.

But I like talking about my team regardless of the glass ceiling they've imposed on themselves with ownership. I just want to see some kind of step in the right direction.

I like your posts about the chargers tbh. It's interesting as a fan of the sport.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
why is anybody in this thread thinking belichicks next role is "lacrosse coach for wesleyan university"

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

a neat cape posted:

Does the GM determine things like medical staff/procedures? It's weird that has remained a constant for the Chargers since before the SD-LA move.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Forrest on Fire posted:

Does the GM determine things like medical staff/procedures? It's weird that has remained a constant for the Chargers since before the SD-LA move.

Med students cost less then doctors.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Nervous posted:

Med students cost less then doctors.

Oh so they're Bengals West. Thanks.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Forrest on Fire posted:

The GM manages all football telated stuff going on in the organisation - people overestimate how much time they are spending on personnel decisions etc. a lot of their time is spend hiring and managing the people overseeing the scouting, analytics, facilities, grounds staff etc.

This includes the medical/athletics training staff who will report to the GM (at least in the orgs I've looked at).

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

MikeCrotch posted:

The GM manages all football telated stuff going on in the organisation - people overestimate how much time they are spending on personnel decisions etc. a lot of their time is spend hiring and managing the people overseeing the scouting, analytics, facilities, grounds staff etc.

This includes the medical/athletics training staff who will report to the GM (at least in the orgs I've looked at).

Kinda hard for the GM to hire a decent medical staff when his budget is mostly Burger King coupons, tho

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Telesco has been the GM for 11 years and has two playoff appearances to show for it. He should be gone. But again, Spanos.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Spanos Hands of Late

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

aperion posted:

if he can't draft or handle free agency where do all these good players he lets go come from?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

What a petty loser lol

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1729905624152990207

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

paying somebody 27 million dollars over the next 3 years for nothing but getting back at them by saying their name is suck gently caress

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I have also intentionally forgotten someone’s name or mispronounced it in order to send a message. It is an elite tactic reserved for the best :dukedoge:

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Do you think Elron Musk was trying (and failing) to use the same big-dog tactic during his recent interview with Sorkin, or is he also a mush-brained thin-skinned ultra-rich baby

yes my monitor is on

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

How was he pronouncing it?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

Do you think Elron Musk was trying (and failing) to use the same big-dog tactic during his recent interview with Sorkin, or is he also a mush-brained thin-skinned ultra-rich baby

yes my monitor is on

I never put stupid big-dog tactics past billionaires, but Elon is absolutely ultra thin-skinned and he is currently dosing Ketamine regularly so his brain is likely super mush.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

fartknocker posted:

How was he pronouncing it?

I hope it was "Reek"

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Tepper is gonna be stuck with a Lovie Smith or Dave Culley type HC if he's that out in the open toxic. Why put your career in the hands of a rich toddler if you're an actual talent?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

It's Kurt Cousins all over again

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Ayudo posted:

Tepper is gonna be stuck with a Lovie Smith or Dave Culley type HC if he's that out in the open toxic. Why put your career in the hands of a rich toddler if you're an actual talent?

He'd rather have a poo poo coach who puts up with his bullshit than a good one who pushed back. Not only does he get someone who follows orders, he gets someone to scapegoat when he loses.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Oh yeah, he's gonna get some Hackett-type toady whose only job is to tell him his farts smell like roses

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Ayudo posted:

Probably limited number of HC gigs, and likely a shitload of money.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Benne posted:

Oh yeah, he's gonna get some Hackett-type toady whose only job is to tell him his farts smell like roses

For millions a year I'll tell him I can even smell a hint of the cinnamon toast he had for breakfast.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Tepper likes to make a splash so it'll be fun when he trades his remaining picks for Belichick. Or brings Gruden out of retirement.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I think Harbaugh is definitely in play for Carolina.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Harbaugh working under a meddlesome micromanaging owner, what could go wrong

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

I think Harbaugh is definitely in play for Carolina.

Harbaugh going off the board the year before the Jets do a coaching search is classic jets.

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Ayudo posted:

Speedrun Jerry Jones any%

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Febreeze posted:

A whole lot could go right! For us, the audience lolling along from a safe distance. Might not be great for the Panthers or their fans when Charlotte abruptly turns into a smoldering crater of rage

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Febreeze posted:

He hated Jed York with a fiery passion and he still won 70% of his games with Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick and made a Super Bowl. He's a very good coach.

mcmagic posted:

Harbaugh going off the board the year before the Jets do a coaching search is classic jets.
Harbaugh would be one of the few guys I'd be willing to eject the whole regime for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Diva Cupcake posted:

He hated Jed York with a fiery passion and he still won 70% of his games with Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick and made a Super Bowl. He's a very good coach.

Harbaugh to the Panthers would help answer the question: What if the entire quarterback was made out of tiny hands?