Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
A few games against The Chuck and god I can tell he's gonna be one of those Killers that pubbies are gonna be eternally terrified of. All three games had at least two people who spent all game crouchwalking locker to locker, the first we only got out because the Killer held me hostage on the Coldwind tractor tile long enough for the only other active player to get a bunch of Gens done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
My biggest complaint so far is that there's no mechanic for kicking Chucky around like Victor, which is tragic because half the reason to watch any Chucky film is to hear Brad Dourif scream like he's being murdered in the recording booth:

https://youtu.be/DKiP602eHOc?si=d9Vm5MBxzXM5aKr0

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

For those who have played against him as survivor, how do the sounds and fake footprints during the power work out? Is it actually effective or is it fairly obvious that it's fake?

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

CuddleCryptid posted:

For those who have played against him as survivor, how do the sounds and fake footprints during the power work out? Is it actually effective or is it fairly obvious that it's fake?

Obvious it's fake but does freak you out because you still have to be careful because he's undetectable.

Generally it's just a way to know he's in power. So the whole "it fools you" already is not really true, but a fun Chucky build might be to go heavy on undetectable Perks to fool people who assume.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

drat I knew queue times would be rough but I've been trying to get a match for like 10 minutes now.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

CuddleCryptid posted:

It's very obvious, but there's an add-on that exhausts you if you walk through a fake set of footprints, so watch out for that one.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Between the BPs I saved, login rewards, Amazon code and other various codes I was able to get Mr. Ray up to Prestige 3 and still have over a million BPs now, nuts.

Look for the newsletter in your email, has a code for 100k BPs.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Does anyone know if you play as Tiffany they use his l Jennifer Tilly as the ghost with her that picks up Survivors? I thought it was a great solution to Chucky carrying Survivors using his ghost of Brad/Lakeshore killer.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Diabetic posted:

Does anyone know if you play as Tiffany they use his l Jennifer Tilly as the ghost with her that picks up Survivors? I thought it was a great solution to Chucky carrying Survivors using his ghost of Brad/Lakeshore killer.

They do not unfortunately.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

So obviously I played against 30 Chuckys today, but I also faced new Trickster, and holy poo poo what were they thinking? A ranged killer doesn't need to be 115, and getting a main event every 8 hits is loving insane.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Apparently if you’re playing as Tiffany, Chucky has unique voice lines toward her when picking her up as the spirit to go hook the survivors which is honestly even cooler imo. It makes more sense to me than using his own spirit to pick up his own doll form.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nikumatic posted:

Apparently if you’re playing as Tiffany, Chucky has unique voice lines toward her when picking her up as the spirit to go hook the survivors which is honestly even cooler imo. It makes more sense to me than using his own spirit to pick up his own doll form.

Yeah there's lines like "Thanks Charles" and him saying "I got you babe"

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Medullah posted:

Yeah there's lines like "Thanks Charles" and him saying "I got you babe"

That's actually really cool

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Chucky's pretty rad, although the biggest problem I'm having with him right now is that his pallet stun range is a lot larger than you think it is. I seem to get stunned while a couple feet away from where I "should". I'm sure that it's because all killers have the same hitboxes, but it will take some getting used to.

I am loving the surprise nature of him though. I've caught more people off guard than I normally do just because you're undetectable while in sneak mode. He feels like an actual stealth killer rather than "can be seen by SWF teammates and can only move at normal speed".

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

lol I guess I bought something with Auric Cells on a sale or something at some point because I have 382 cells on my account right now, which means if I bought a $10 pack then I'd be exactly three cells short of being able to purchase the Tiffany skin.

Gaming was a mistake!

Nikumatic fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Nov 29, 2023

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nikumatic posted:

lol I guess I bought something with Auric Cells on a sale or something at some point because I have 382 cells on my account right now, which means if I bought a $10 pack then I'd be exactly three cells short of being able to purchase the Tiffany skin.

Gaming was a mistake!

Almost like they plan it that way....

Should have gotten in when it launched, she was only 1050 cells for an hour or so

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Medullah posted:

Should have gotten in when it launched, she was only 1050 cells for an hour or so

I bought her within 15 minutes and she cost me 1500ish.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

In TCM news, lmao they nerfed Johnny, his ability, attack speed and attack range all got hit.

"Now his swinging run speed matches his not-sprinting speed. He is the only family member that WALKS when not sprinting."

They really nerfed the guy who was only very good at mauling people when they had no way to lose him (Out in the open without a crawlspace, gap etc.) and now he can't even do that as well.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Can't help but think that TCM releasing a new killer the same day DBD releases one of its most asked for killers is a really bad idea.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Yardbomb posted:

In TCM news, lmao they nerfed Johnny, his ability, attack speed and attack range all got hit.

"Now his swinging run speed matches his not-sprinting speed. He is the only family member that WALKS when not sprinting."

They really nerfed the guy who was only very good at mauling people when they had no way to lose him (Out in the open without a crawlspace, gap etc.) and now he can't even do that as well.

Yeah, the cook nerfs suck but some of them were legit bugs so :shrug:

But poor Johnny. I want to level him so bad but I'm still new and I'm not doing that to myself

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

rydiafan posted:

I bought her within 15 minutes and she cost me 1500ish.

It's weird, a lot of people had her at 1000 bit a lot of people didn't see it. A couple streamers were even talking about how odd it was that she wasn't 1500

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Played one game as Chucky, learned quickly I can't hit his dashes worth a poo poo (I have this same problem with Oni, he just barrels past my targets and I never could make flicking my mouse work). Still managed a 3K on nothing but his stealth, he's very good at it

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

I absolutely, vehemently do not recommend getting stuck in first person mode as Chucky, staring out through his inside-out eyes and teeth as the camera wobbles like a drunken camel every time you move the slightest amount.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

DeathChicken posted:

Played one game as Chucky, learned quickly I can't hit his dashes worth a poo poo (I have this same problem with Oni, he just barrels past my targets and I never could make flicking my mouse work). Still managed a 3K on nothing but his stealth, he's very good at it

It's really weird, you have a pretty good turning rate while charging but I can't quite get the attack to come out when I want to. Even if I hit attack it only seems to work some of the time.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

I've played more Chucky matches today that I've played against Clown in the last 700+ matches since I started tracking it

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
A very very fun chucky buiild:

Dark devotion, furtive chase, machine learning, trail of torment.

Chucky's whole deal is that he is hella hard to notice when undetectable. And people assume if there is no terror radius he is in power. Surprise bitch, I'm just a normal m1 killer here to sneak up on ya.

It works surprisingly well and is very fun.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yardbomb posted:

But why, Johnny already loving sucked?

When people wanted TCM to be more like DBD, this is not what they meant!

CuddleCryptid posted:

It's really weird, you have a pretty good turning rate while charging but I can't quite get the attack to come out when I want to. Even if I hit attack it only seems to work some of the time.

Yeah there's a weird not exactly lag but delay? Wind up time? With his charge. It doesn't go immediately when you execute it, instead you're kinda locked to a direction but maybe not quite, and then after a very short delay that almost FEELS like lag it goes. It feels very uncomfortable to use, but maybe I'll get better at it with use.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Nov 29, 2023

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Yep, I'll be playing as jennifer tilley until the day I die

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

tithin posted:

Yep, I'll be playing as jennifer tilley until the day I die

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Tried the survivor side of Chucky, which you can tell is a good killer because you go survivor and there are people playing him instead of running the same "mains" they always do. The stealth mode is really drat strong and the footprint sounds are actually pretty disorienting. It's been a while since I went "oh poo poo" as I rounded a corner at the same time as a silent killer who didn't then need to file six pieces of paperwork in triplicate to then hit me.

This is the first killer I've played in a while that feels actually unnerving and oppressive which is funny because it's, yknow, Chucky.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Nov 29, 2023

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Actually, the number of Chuckies I've seen has surpassed Artist, Billy, Clown, Demo, Dredge, Freddy, Hag, Knight, Pig, Pinhead, Plague, Pyramid Head, Sadako, Singularity, Spirit, Trickster, and Twins.

In fact, if you take Artist, Billy, Hag, Trickster, and Twins, I've seen Chucky more than any 3 of those COMBINED.

VVVVVVVV edit: Yeah, I'm happy for BHVR, and I'm glad people like him. He's fun.

It's just... I wouldn't be keeping track of these nerdy stats if I wasn't fascinated by nerdy stats. :)

BrewingTea fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Nov 29, 2023

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Well he’s a new Killer on release day, and a Killer that’s been requested for literal years so

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

It is funny how much more popular Chucky is than Xenomorph was. Like, I love Xeno and he's definitely in my top 5 killers to play, but ehhhhh I was burned out by DBD most of the year. I am anxiously awaiting this weekend to get some play in, can't remember the last time I was legit excited to play.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Chucky just feels extremely fun and like a jack-of-all-trades; you can build for stealth, you can build for mobility, you can just be a scampering little troll, it absolutely rules.

I actually have been almost entirely off the DBD wagon since around -- Nemesis? So from Pinhead onward, I only have Sadako (obviously) and Chucky. I've got some Auric cells and shards I can throw at unlocking some other Killers right now.

In the thread's opinion, out of Pinhead, Artist, Dredge, Knight, Skull Merchant, Singularity, and Xenomorph who's got the most useful perks I should be looking out for? Or are there any in particular I should be hunting from the Shrine from them?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Pinhead perks enable some very particular rear end in a top hat builds, like the one that makes a hex they have to seek and they're oblivious until they do. It works beautifully since it gives them a second objective naturally without risk of it being sniped too early. His scourge hook perk is alright.

Artists scourge hook perk is a very weapons grade "I want to win" regression. It has been nerfed but so what, it's still a better pre-nerf Pop. Pentimento is decent too but no guarantee of value. It only needs one broken totem, CoH got nerfed out of mandatory use, somebody will generally break one for points or tomes... Etc.

Knight gets Nowhere To Hide which is the best info companion for a gen kicker in the game. Destroys the "cross two props and hang out within 10 yards" stealth play.

I've heard a lot of good about Xeno perks but no experience myself.

Also in no particular order Pinhead, Artist and Knight are all pretty fun and effective. Knight's last second buffs(especially the haste catch up after spawning minion) elevated him to playable B tier quite nicely, Pinhead is always comfortably competent and Artist has been an A tier since release.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nikumatic posted:

Chucky just feels extremely fun and like a jack-of-all-trades; you can build for stealth, you can build for mobility, you can just be a scampering little troll, it absolutely rules.

I actually have been almost entirely off the DBD wagon since around -- Nemesis? So from Pinhead onward, I only have Sadako (obviously) and Chucky. I've got some Auric cells and shards I can throw at unlocking some other Killers right now.

In the thread's opinion, out of Pinhead, Artist, Dredge, Knight, Skull Merchant, Singularity, and Xenomorph who's got the most useful perks I should be looking out for? Or are there any in particular I should be hunting from the Shrine from them?

First thing, make sure you do the THANKYOUFOR60M code to get 6k iri shards to help you buy a new killer.

Let's see

Pinhead - 3 strong perks, Deadlock is an A/S tier slowdown perk and Hex:Plaything is fantastic if you like a stealth approach.

Artist - Pain Resonance is arguably the best perk in the game right now, even after it's nerf. Pentimento is strong if you like hexes. Grim Embrace is sadly garbage.

Dredge - Darkness Revealed is a strong aura perk on Trickster and Huntress since you'll be opening lockers often. Septic Touch is bad, Dissolution is pretty strong in chase builds but I don't like the activation requirements.

Knight - Nowhere to Hide is hands down my favorite aura perk in the game, Hubris is fantastic for some builds, Face the Darkness is really good too. I love using it on stealth killers since you have no terror radius.

Skull Merchant - Terrible killer, Game Afoot is a fun perk for obsession builds but not worth buying her for. Thwack has some uses if you're a pallet breaker, Leverage is awful.

Singularity - Really fun killer but hard to use. Machine Learning has some room in stealth builds and Forced Hesitation is nice combined with Infectious Fright, but tricky to use often as once survivors realize you have it you're out of luck.

Xenomorph - Ultimate Weapon is pretty much the best info perk in the game, super short cooldown means you can use it a lot. Alien Instinct is pretty cool if you have a killer that keeps people injured a lot, otherwise it's a worse BBQ in my opinion. Rapid Brutality is super fun, especially when paired with STBFL.

If I had to pick one just for perks I'd do Knight, Nowhere to Hide is just so goddam good.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

BrewingTea posted:

Actually, the number of Chuckies I've seen has surpassed Artist, Billy, Clown, Demo, Dredge, Freddy, Hag, Knight, Pig, Pinhead, Plague, Pyramid Head, Sadako, Singularity, Spirit, Trickster, and Twins.

In fact, if you take Artist, Billy, Hag, Trickster, and Twins, I've seen Chucky more than any 3 of those COMBINED.

VVVVVVVV edit: Yeah, I'm happy for BHVR, and I'm glad people like him. He's fun.

It's just... I wouldn't be keeping track of these nerdy stats if I wasn't fascinated by nerdy stats. :)

That you've seen Chucky at all, ever, immediately surpasses Twins.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Pinhead then Artist is a good path as Hex Plaything combos strongly with Pentimento since the former produces more broken hexes for the latter. And since the stronger aspect of Pentimento (repair penalty) requires just one token, you can easily provide at least that all match if Survivors are aggressively cleansing.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

Pinhead then Artist is a good path as Hex Plaything combos strongly with Pentimento since the former produces more broken hexes for the latter. And since the stronger aspect of Pentimento (repair penalty) requires just one token, you can easily provide at least that all match if Survivors are aggressively cleansing.

Plaything/Penti on Pig is one of my favorites, as it just gives survivors an overwhelming amount of bullshit to deal with. If you want to start getting death threats like I have, add Devour Hope as well just in case they start deciding to ignore totems entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Medullah posted:

First thing, make sure you do the THANKYOUFOR60M code to get 6k iri shards to help you buy a new killer.

FYI - You cannot buy licensed killers with IRI shards. Guessing its because they have to give a kickback to the licensee holders.