Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

corn on the cop posted:

it would be nice if vitek vanecek didn't look like a fish out of water on every single scoring chance

It would be nice if they didn't give up a million odd man rushes against the slowest team in the NHL too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

christ vanecek is completely washed

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

secret volcano lair posted:

christ vanecek is completely washed

Got no help from either dman there. I don't even think that goal was on him.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
Watch us blow this lead in five minutes. Final 6-3

Experience New York Islanders Hockey

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

mcmagic posted:

Got no help from either dman there. I don't even think that goal was on him.

Kind of but it seems like any time there's a missed assignment or a scoring chance he can't bail them out. You're not gonna be perfect defensively every game. Devils have controlled the pace and looked generally very good for this game. It should not be 3-2 Islanders

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Oh so Willy is now cursed, that’s cool

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fawning deference posted:

Kind of but it seems like any time there's a missed assignment or a scoring chance he can't bail them out. You're not gonna be perfect defensively every game. Devils have controlled the pace and looked generally very good for this game. It should not be 3-2 Islanders

they gave up 2 goals on complete defensive busts that were an odd man rush and a breakaway. you can't blame this all on vanecek. they just aren't good on defense right now.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
:siren: Finally, Pageau

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Not sure what you want vanecek to do on that goal. it's pathetic.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

mcmagic posted:

they gave up 2 goals on complete defensive busts that were an odd man rush and a breakaway. you can't blame this all on vanecek. they just aren't good on defense right now.

Not putting all the blame on him, you are correct about the defensive lapses. But also, Vanecek is bad and that exacerbates the problem. Good goalies can bail out the mistakes from time to time and keep teams in games

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Me watching that play and being grumpy that barzal doesn't do that more because he's clearly capable

On the other hand that redirect from barzal was pretty loving sick

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

mcmagic posted:

Not sure what you want vanecek to do on that goal. it's pathetic.

He had no chance on that one

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

The kraken out here making the Blackhawks look like cup contenders

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

That's what happens when you turn the puck over three times in 30 seconds boys.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

:siren: Pavs

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

well that was an absolutely huge comeback win. felt a bit like last year. hope they build off it!

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
thank god for the new york islanders

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

That game was indeed drunk.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

Oh so Willy is now cursed, that’s cool

This whole game is cursed, both teams got 4 minute PPs and shat all over the ice with them. I expect OT to end extremely stupidly.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Didn't think we'd win that, but we did..

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
what

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

lmao what a win for the Leafs

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

lmao :ok:

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
lol

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Lol

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Ok technically I said OT but I was definitely at least not wrong.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
I turned the Leafs game off immediately after the shootout loss and now I'm seeing they won???

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Dr Zaius posted:

I turned the Leafs game off immediately after the shootout loss and now I'm seeing they won???

They said Erod double tapped the puck on his goal and called it back.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Heh, Ducks broadcast was just talking about Boeser and said "hope he doesn't [score]!" Not one minute later, he does.

Huggybear
Jun 17, 2005

I got the jimjams
how is that a penalty on hughes

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Hell yeah Seguin

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

:lol: Pens

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
Minnesota looks like they remembered how to play hockey tonight. Ironically, they didn’t look much different than how they played in Sweden, but they looked much less stressed with the body language.

So nice to see even if the new coach looks like Wilson Fisk.

Biggest change was the new defense and PK coach, Patrick Dwyer, that they moved up from Iowa.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Clean win for the stars. Otter is in peak form

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

THE OILERS ARE FUCKIN BACK BABY

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
lol

lmao

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

The rare clutch Keegan Kolesar midair deflection!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

In more ways than 1!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted: