Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Whoa is that the seat of a woman's pants in view??? Giving me flashbacks to some of the old thread's greatest hits lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Seeing Hooded Justice beat the poo poo out of The Comedian was fun to watch, and having Sally Jupiter's ending changed to being a celebration of Laurie rather than missing Eddie made the movie ending so much better than the comic's.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Blood Boils posted:

Whoa is that the seat of a woman's pants in view??? Giving me flashbacks to some of the old thread's greatest hits lol

Lol

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://www.wired.com/story/rebel-moon-director-zack-snyder-on-violence-loss-and-extreme-fandom/

A nice Snyder interview. He talks about all sorts of things and his creative process these days.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Lol at this word choice:

quote:

To be honest, I have never seen the theatrical Warner Bros. cut of Justice League. I’ve heard a lot about it. My wife [the movie’s producer, Deborah Snyder] was forced to watch it.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Snyder became synonymous with "crazy rear end fans" because the social media freaks and their outlets pushed that narrative after his Superman made them mad, and it stuck. Big surprise there.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Snyder became synonymous with "crazy rear end fans" because the social media freaks and their outlets pushed that narrative after his Superman made them mad, and it stuck. Big surprise there.

It was greatly exasperated by THR and other outlets putting out articles about it as a smokescreen for WB covering up actual racism and abuse of their employees. The fact that so many people -- including ostensible leftists -- bought this narrative hook, line and sinker is still super embarrassing and disgusting.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Uh oh, “We page through Snyder’s carefully bound, unproduced screenplay for The Fountainhead. (We talk about Ayn Rand way more than expected.)”

I’m sure this what lead to any bad takes.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

checkplease posted:

Uh oh, “We page through Snyder’s carefully bound, unproduced screenplay for The Fountainhead. (We talk about Ayn Rand way more than expected.)”

I’m sure this what lead to any bad takes.

lmao

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

On another forum I mentioned that Snyder and his fandom being maligned as right-wing was just unfair and crappy and I got linked to an article that the Snyder Cut movement was like the TLJ hate crowd that harassed the movie's actors because... they were popular movements. That's it. It did no homework or showed if and how there was overlap in demographics or social circles or anything. It was just two online movements, so they were the same. In the same post they said his films leans towards homophobia, xenophobia, sexism and other vile crap and I wondered what kind of film this person saw and which youtuber they got all their opinions from.

This was all in response to the Rebel Moon trailer during the summer game fest thing too. It's maddening.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Nov 29, 2023

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Once those narratives get out and an easy target is made it's very, very hard to stop it. Like furries, D&D 4e or the Satanic Panic, people will cling kicking and screaming to their scapegoats for years.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Like furries, D&D 4e or the Satanic Panic,

Getting the sense that one of these is not like the others.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
That's right, not all furries are nerds

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Interview is good stuff though. His thoughts on how art and the creation of Justice league are an interesting read.

It also is fun to hear how he views working Netflix and that they let him make both a pg13 cut (commercial) and his r rated directors cut (the art, the one for him). I can’t think of anyone else doing this at Netflix? Ridley is getting similar deal at Apple at least.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
The two-cut strategy is good for Netflix either way, they get like an additional six hours or so of cOnTeNt for a trivial additional cost (might even be near-as-dammit $0) which hits all their buttons.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I love how excited Snyder is to show off all his nerd stuff lol
https://twitter.com/THR/status/1729896536451227934

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

teagone posted:

I love how excited Snyder is to show off all his nerd stuff lol
https://twitter.com/THR/status/1729896536451227934
I like that the professor’s reaction to the “Dirty Dozen meets Seven Samurai but in space” pitch was “that’s actually a really good idea”.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
"these are the original originals, they should probably be in some sort of thing"

Yes Zack, your OG Ninja turtles comics should probably be bagged with backing at the very least, not just stuffed into your office shelf goddamn lmao

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Someone needs to get Zack a copy of the ninja turtles Body Count miniseries so he can adapt that next.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Of all the goofy stuff people swear he should adapt (Gears of War :barf:), Eastman and Laird TMNT is literally exactly what they mean. Frank Miller parody that is so over the top it comes out the other end.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Of all the goofy stuff people swear he should adapt (Gears of War :barf:), Eastman and Laird TMNT is literally exactly what they mean. Frank Miller parody that is so over the top it comes out the other end.

Ok, fan-cast Zack Snyder's Eastman & Laird TMNT.

Also, stylistically, you don't go mega Snyder-swole.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I wonder if Snyder enjoyed Mutant Mayhem.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

:reddit: weenies concerned that movie universes must start small and there are too many characters on the poster, etc etc.

Anyway, still interested in seeing Rebel Moon, the latest entry in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/zack-snyder-regains-rights-to-300-spinoff-1235705412/

“I don’t know what the marketplace is for an incredibly homoerotic, super violent, super sexual movie. But maybe it’s perfect”

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
“I love the characters, I’m not saying I wanted to break them or make them less than they are. But I’m also not going to hand them over like a piece of pure propaganda that said Superman is awesome or that Batman has an unbreakable moral code.”

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

“I love the characters, I’m not saying I wanted to break them or make them less than they are. But I’m also not going to hand them over like a piece of pure propaganda that said Superman is awesome or that Batman has an unbreakable moral code.”

Well yeah, he'd use Bane for that

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

checkplease posted:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/zack-snyder-regains-rights-to-300-spinoff-1235705412/

“I don’t know what the marketplace is for an incredibly homoerotic, super violent, super sexual movie. But maybe it’s perfect”
New thread title please.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

Well yeah, he'd use Bane for that

Current earth is not a good enough place to receive Zack Snyder's Bane.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Grendels Dad posted:

Current earth is not a good enough place to receive Zack Snyder's Bane.

I feel like only Snyder would be wise enough to correctly cast Pentagón Jr in the role.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Neo Rasa posted:

I feel like only Snyder would be wise enough to correctly cast Pentagón Jr in the role.

But then use LotR perspective trickery to make him seem 8 feet tall.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Neo Rasa posted:

“Your entire operation operates on miedo, Batman. But you know what I have?”

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

https://x.com/rebelmoon/status/1731079111185997914?s=20

Can you smell what the Zaddy is cooking

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

19 days left. Make your preparations! :getin:

[edit]

Papai Snyder Variant

teagone fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Dec 3, 2023

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That lady's hat doesn't fit properly on her head. Get a bigger sized hat, lady!!!!!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

teagone posted:

19 days left. Make your preparations! :getin:

[edit]

Papai Snyder Variant

I might be able to do this!!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
See I have no idea if I want my first viewing to be by myself or a party with other folks. Usually the first time I like to see a movie by myself just so I can pay as much attention and absorb it as much as possible, but this seems like it could be a real fun party movie.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

I might be able to do this!!

The scheduled time is flexible -- if more goons want it earlier or slightly later than 9PM central, I can accommodate :)

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

2house2fly posted:

What makes that critique not work for me is that the violence in the comic is cool as hell

Indeed I've found myself in this argument several times. "Snyder made Roschrach look too cool" - no, Roscharch is cool. By the standards of comic book anti heroes at least he's absolutely crushing it. Anyone who's ever read a Batman comic in their life should be able to comprehend that idea of a guy jumping from rooftops and breaking villains faces is very radical. The point is that while Rorschach is exceptional at doing that is he's an absolute wreck at every aspect of being a human being outside of that.

The last time I saw this discussion the person claimed that in the comic the "Im not locked in here with you, youre locked in here with me" wasn't said on screen like it was in the movie, it was rather related second hand by another character who'd heard it. But that makes it even cooler in the comic! He said some poo poo that immediately became legend to everyone in the vicinity.

massive spider fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Dec 3, 2023

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Hat is goofy. Sorry, it’s objectively true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

That whole chapter in the comics is about a guy losing his loving mind over how overwhelmingly, mindblowingly awesome Rorschach is. If the prison break and apocalypse hadn't happened, I could have seen the therapist springing Rorschach himself.