Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

My guess would be the giant creature that takes over the hydroponics bay or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

tango alpha delta posted:

All Starfield had to do is be an updated version of 1986’s Starflight and it would have kicked rear end.

Oh well

star control 2 was already a better updated starflight than anything bethesda could ever make

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
The Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale on the XBox digital store ends in two days on the 30th in case anyone else was waiting to grab anything.

I was thinking about getting Evil West for $30, Dirt 5's Year One Edition for $16, Cult of the Lamb's Heretic Edition for $20, Tetris Effect Connected for $20, and maybe a couple other things.

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
Gonna grab Tetris Effect and maybe Control.

When the hell is Disco Elysium going to go on sale?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Simiain posted:

When the hell is Disco Elysium going to go on sale?

It's $10 on GOG until 4 hours after this post!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Disco elysium ftw

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

John F Bennett posted:

It's $10 on GOG until 4 hours after this post!

Dang. I already have it on PC, but I want to sit my arse down on the couch and play it

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Simiain posted:

Dang. I already have it on PC, but I want to sit my arse down on the couch and play it

Friend, have you heard of the Steam Deck? :v:

Disco Elysium is definitively worth full price if it doesn't get a sale during Christmas. It's that good.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

Friend, have you heard of the Steam Deck? :v:

Disco Elysium is definitively worth full price if it doesn't get a sale during Christmas. It's that good.

why would i ever play on a tiny screen when i have a 65 inch oled

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

kri kri posted:

It was a post made in jest (why would you buy a new device to avoid paying full price for DE on Xbox) but you realize you can hook up the thing to your 65 inch oled, right? It’s a computer, it’s versatile like that.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

It was a post made in jest (why would you buy a new device to avoid paying full price for DE on Xbox) but you realize you can hook up the thing to your 65 inch oled, right? It’s a computer, it’s versatile like that.

yes i know, i also was being facetious :)

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Rollerdrome out today

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1729545692991873164?s=20

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Ooh yeah just tried rollerdrome, it's very fun.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Microsoft will be at The Game Awards after not being there last year. They are at least making it sound like there will be actual announcements.

https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-confirms-plans-to-appear-at-the-game-awards-after-last-years-no-show

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Microsoft will be at The Game Awards after not being there last year. They are at least making it sound like there will be actual announcements.

https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-confirms-plans-to-appear-at-the-game-awards-after-last-years-no-show

Silksong.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Hell yeah!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Stalker 2 :pray:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

That's what I'm hoping for. I know some journalists got a hands-on preview a month or two ago so it wouldn't shock me if we got a release date.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Good ol' DUNC

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

give me some abk phil

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

ImpAtom posted:

Good ol' DUNC

My ex-best friend that got into Qanon really liked Dune.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lammasu posted:

My ex-best friend that got into Qanon really liked Dune.

Man, there is a level of sad irony there that goes above and beyond. :smith:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Is DUNC good?

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Yea

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://x.com/wario64/status/1729661047878070315?s=46&t=36rNzOEGx40Ej2XR8t_CPw

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

"We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found." :tinfoil:

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Charles Martel posted:

"We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found." :tinfoil:

Link works for me. It is about a new anniversary edition of beyond good and evil being on an Xbox page and he added you can play it now if you have Ubisoft+ (who has Ubisoft plus?)

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Only sickos have ubisoft+

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I never finished Beyond Good and Evil because the insta kill stealth sections made me throw the controller.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Lammasu posted:

I never finished Beyond Good and Evil because the insta kill stealth sections made me throw the controller.
Beyond Good And Evil Is Overrated

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

kri kri posted:

I dock my steam deck to my tv and use my Xbox controller to play it on the couch.

Edit: beaten!

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Martman posted:

Beyond Good And Evil Is Overrated

The most annoying thing for me is that the plot is about as straight forward as it comes. There’s no moral ambiguity at all, why is it called that.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Christ, I don't know what's going on over at the Bing/Microsoft Rewards team, but they seem determined to make me actually quit using it. Mobile searches don't register at all anymore, and my big ol' pile of tab bookmarks in Edge doesn't work, and I have to actually do searches manually. In the points breakdown screen, one of the three sections has now completely disappeared ('Edge searches' or something). This sucks. :mad:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Christ, I don't know what's going on over at the Bing/Microsoft Rewards team, but they seem determined to make me actually quit using it.

I would gather that’s exactly what they’re doing.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Christ, I don't know what's going on over at the Bing/Microsoft Rewards team, but they seem determined to make me actually quit using it. Mobile searches don't register at all anymore, and my big ol' pile of tab bookmarks in Edge doesn't work, and I have to actually do searches manually. In the points breakdown screen, one of the three sections has now completely disappeared ('Edge searches' or something). This sucks. :mad:

I am convinced they are using edge / their new ai thing to figure out ways people have been subverting their processes and shutting them down. I had 4 accounts and it’s shut 2 of them down. Can’t collect off the points and demanded unique phone numbers for each.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Dang, that sucks. I wish I figured out the cheese methods earlier, I've only been using Rewards for about 9 months, netting me 3 3-month codes for Gold/GPC. :(

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

From what I've read there's now a 6 second delay to prevent fucky ways of doing the searches all at once. Sooo not worth doing that anymore. :rip:

The nerfs continue...

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Homer and Bart breaking into the school to steal Groundskeeper Willie’s retirement bing points

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

kri kri posted:

give me some abk phil

Sarah Bond just tweeted the Xbox 360 logo :thunk:

https://x.com/BondSarah_Bond/status/1729611511327494377?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I played the first set of missions in Rollerdrome. I'm really not very good at this game, but I'd like to be. Seems like the kind of thing that looks totally sick in motion once you have all the tricks down.