Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I gotta say I am not pleased to have my team owned by the Adelson family

Putting it mildly for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Shinjobi posted:

Putting it mildly for me

I mean at least it’s probably not as bad as the Rangers having been owned by George W. Bush? Still extremely bad of course.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I mean at least it’s probably not as bad as the Rangers having been owned by George W. Bush? Still extremely bad of course.

Bush wasn't going to move the team

Bush wasn't stupid enough to hedge his bets that this dumbfuck state would legalize gambling. Only one moron apparently is.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I don’t care who owns a team. All of the wealthy are bad and everything we do enriches them further. Why worry about it

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

I gotta say I am not pleased to have my team owned by the Adelson family

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

blue squares posted:

I don’t care who owns a team. All of the wealthy are bad and everything we do enriches them further. Why worry about it

Fans could own the teams (insert goodfellas meme)

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Orlando should file a complaint to the league against the bulls for sucking so much rear end

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Municipal sports team ownership imo.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
So happy for my guy getting an alleyoop a few days ago and then getting this tonight

https://twitter.com/JackSimoneNBA/status/1729689694403801309

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Sengun should be an all star

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

kingcobweb posted:

Municipal sports team ownership imo.

Teams owned by the players, coaches, and other workers, tbh.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Treymond threen
Edit: this is not the game time thread

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

https://twitter.com/twolvesbrazil/status/1729705253325389916?t=mMT0yL8jlueULlYl5peJEA&s=19

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://x.com/alexhoops_/status/1729674314331398524

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice

Salvor_Hardin posted:

So happy for my guy getting an alleyoop a few days ago and then getting this tonight

everyone gets so exited whenever he does it. Especially luke kornet for some reason.

E: to be clear this includes me

Squinky v2.0 posted:

sam hauser monster jam!!

Squinky v2.0 fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Nov 29, 2023

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

Squinky v2.0 posted:

everyone gets so exited whenever he does it. Especially luke kornet for some reason.

E: to be clear this includes me

They are both Team Undrafted

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This was so wild, I thought for a second the stream had loaded a tweet from that Twolves Brasil account

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
So I’m confused. The wolves won and are 3-1 in the in season tournament and have already beaten the warriors in the in season but are eliminated meanwhile the warriors are not? But it’s just point differential now? The warriors could have lost to the kings tonight and still made it at 2-2 over the 3-1 wolves? I’m confused.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

soggybagel posted:

So I’m confused. The wolves won and are 3-1 in the in season tournament and have already beaten the warriors in the in season but are eliminated meanwhile the warriors are not? But it’s just point differential now? The warriors could have lost to the kings tonight and still made it at 2-2 over the 3-1 wolves? I’m confused.

From what they just said on TNT the Kings are in if they lose by less than 11 to the Warriors.

I've kind of lost the thread of how this all works myself.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Oh. ESPN seems to believe regardless of outcome of the game going now now the wolves are out. But yeah, I’m confused.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Rick posted:

From what they just said on TNT the Kings are in if they lose by less than 11 to the Warriors.

I've kind of lost the thread of how this all works myself.

All I know is it meant the Celtics had to push the shiv in extra deep against the Bulls and do hack-a-drummond while up 30 in the 4th. It was performance art.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

leftist heap posted:

can someone post THE boylen picture please.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

soggybagel posted:

Oh. ESPN seems to believe regardless of outcome of the game going now now the wolves are out. But yeah, I’m confused.

If Sacramento beats GSW, they win the group straight up at 4-0.

If GSW beats SAC, it's a three-way tie at 3-1, which is decided by point differential tiebreak. Since GSW and SAC already have a better point differential than Minny, and they can't both lose, Minny can't win that tiebreak. SAC still could.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Either way it’s funny the top two teams in the west are eliminated.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

need to quote this for the December thread OP, ty

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The dead eyes are what really make it for me

Also I don't think the basketball gods will bless Nola again until they bring back creepy Pierre. Sent a bad example to our children (the future) about cosmetic surgery and being obsessed with your looks.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

IcePhoenix posted:

This was so wild, I thought for a second the stream had loaded a tweet from that Twolves Brasil account
TWolves Brasil would've been the Dan Band version

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Lockback posted:

Sengun should be an all star

Too early All Star candidates for the west:

Guards: Curry, Luka, Shai, Ant, Booker, Kyrie, Fox
Forwards: LeBron, Durant, George, Leonard, Lauri, KAT
Centers: Jokic, Davis, Sabonis, Chet, Gobert, Al-P

East:

Guards: Tyrese x2 (Hali and Maxey), Jalen Brunson, Spida, Trae, Dame
Forwards: Tatum, Giannis, Butler, Barnes, Paolo?
Centers: Embiid, Porzingis, Bam... Lopez?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Punkin Spunkin posted:

The dead eyes are what really make it for me

Also I don't think the basketball gods will bless Nola again until they bring back creepy Pierre. Sent a bad example to our children (the future) about cosmetic surgery and being obsessed with your looks.

There has only been a single season the team wasn’t cursed and it was that 07-08 season that made me a fan.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Salvor_Hardin posted:

All I know is it meant the Celtics had to push the shiv in extra deep against the Bulls and do hack-a-drummond while up 30 in the 4th. It was performance art.

this owned lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Salvor_Hardin posted:

this also owned

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
https://twitter.com/DaneMooreNBA/status/1729707046704959950

Next two are against the jazz and hornets, then they'll get a break. He could get two weeks to rest if he misses just those two games.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Golden State clinches Group C if one of the following occurs:
1) GSW victory + MIN loss OR
2) GSW victory + GSW wins tiebreaker over SAC and MIN

Golden State clinches wild card if the following occurs:
1) GSW victory and finishes second in group and wins tiebreaker over any second-place team from other group with a 3-1 record.

Sacramento clinches Group C if one of the following occurs:
1) SAC victory OR
2) MIN victory + SAC wins tiebreaker over both MIN and GSW
https://www.nba.com/news/2023-nba-in-season-tournament-tracker

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Being a Kings fan is exhausting, but I can't believe I care about the the In-Season Tournament.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

lol Draymond cost the warriors the game

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Doltos posted:

Oh wait I didn't even see it was the Adelsons buying the team. They're insanely gigantic pieces of poo poo and one of the main donors of Trump

They are zionist creeps.
Monsters really.

Like cuban is just a goof who got billions by putting radio on the internet.

He improved amenities for nba players and has tried to help people ie his cost plus drugs company.

This is a loss for the league. another evil person replacing for a benign rich oaf.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Thanks Kerr for benching a red hot Moody for Klay who did poo poo all in the 4th

Also thanks for burning a timeout on a really dumb challenge

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I could watch this all day

https://twitter.com/modakhil_nba/status/1729743053630456079

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Had to find this clip. Hilarious flop, he’s never even touched

https://x.com/rate_the_refs/status/1729734439754736076?s=46&t=onxyh9cLuduaEE8VkMrnMQ

Spends a full 10 seconds on the ground holding his face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Hell yeA