Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

#2075: playful

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Claeaus
Mar 29, 2010
I like dramatic perspectives with big structures going off in the distance so digging this one!

Friendship ended with tripod grip. Now overhand grip is my friend

I also finished up my sketchbook so I rewarded myself with a one year subscription to Character Design Quarterly: https://store.3dtotal.com/products/character-design-quarterly-magazine-subscription?selling_plan=1067614370

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

#2076: 私が私だけ

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Absolutely beautiful, I don't know what it is but I love ram's/goat's horns on people. Maybe I secretly want to headbutt everything?

Anyhow, finally started to draw again and update my CYOA. Been a rough month.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

the little purple highlight on the lines in shade is :discourse:
also just like, everything else too

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Gnossiennes posted:

the little purple highlight on the lines in shade is :discourse:
also just like, everything else too

Thanks! I can't take full credit, though. I was just messing with layer styles and it just did that. Happenstance.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Phylodox posted:

Thanks! I can't take full credit, though. I was just messing with layer styles and it just did that. Happenstance.

based on that explanation, you should still 100% take full credit lol

today:

you may also notice that 2023-11-26's drawing is out the window 8)

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I don't normally share my quick fanart doodles but I liked how this one came out. I call these Tubi Doodles because they're made under the strict time limit of "as long as it takes to finish exactly one dumb-rear end horror film on Tubi".

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002

Argue posted:

I don't normally share my quick fanart doodles but I liked how this one came out. I call these Tubi Doodles because they're made under the strict time limit of "as long as it takes to finish exactly one dumb-rear end horror film on Tubi".

Love the contrasts and textures in this. Great Giallo vibes. What was this done in?

IkeTurner fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Nov 30, 2023

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Argue posted:

We love bad Tubi Horror Movies

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

#2077: 1

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

#2078: 2

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

#2079: 3

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Originally, the background and foreground were part of the raven painting a posted a while back, but it wasn't working. Of course, I couldn't stand to let all that work go to waste, so I worked out a whole other subject I could put into the room!

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Argue posted:

Originally, the background and foreground were part of the raven painting a posted a while back, but it wasn't working. Of course, I couldn't stand to let all that work go to waste, so I worked out a whole other subject I could put into the room!

Amazing piece of work!

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Argue posted:

:krad:!!

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

#2080: 4

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Some more practicing:

And I've started recording the process:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YHmlwd6VCU

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Phylodox posted:

Some more practicing:

And I've started recording the process:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YHmlwd6VCU

Amazing work and I appreciate the video; I've never gotten the hang of doing art without the linework and seeing the process helps a lot.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Smik posted:

Amazing work and I appreciate the video; I've never gotten the hang of doing art without the linework and seeing the process helps a lot.

What really helped it click for me was thinking of everything in terms of planes. Reduce everything to an N64, polygonated version of itself first and carve shadows really harshly, then pull it back later.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Phylodox posted:

What really helped it click for me was thinking of everything in terms of planes. Reduce everything to an N64, polygonated version of itself first and carve shadows really harshly, then pull it back later.

Funny that you mention that, for my unshaded black & whites I had one person ask if I ever thought about doing a colouring book and it just dawned on me that the colouring-book mode was exactly my issue with doing lineless art. I treated it like a colouring book, doing the outlines first and then filling it in later and I did that even when trying to do things lineless. Seeing your process made it finally click that the outlines were merely guides -- although the N64 concept might help me too.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

#2081: 5

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

#2082: 6

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I think I'm having what the kids nowadays call a "Good Art Week".

I've also made a playlist on YouTube of all the videos I've recorded of myself doing these, if anyone's interested:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfayJLD0TISwYQJEKKmWVEnktown3gfCf

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Phylodox posted:

I've also made a playlist on YouTube of all the videos I've recorded of myself doing these, if anyone's interested:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfayJLD0TISwYQJEKKmWVEnktown3gfCf

Totally interested, thanks for this!

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 days!)

practicing shading today. i think the paper is not really great for it, but i like it.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

#2083: 7