Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Happy Landfill posted:

The more I think about it the more Blitz=Rusty just makes sense
"tell her what i tell everyone, Moxxie and millie never die"
"if you have death prone employees, you keep a couple clones of them back at the office".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's kinda scary considering Blitz pretty much IS an adoptive father figure for, at the very least, Loona and Moxxie, and he's the best choice they've currently got.

I'd be kinda surprised if the Sins don't show up on both, especially given Hazbin seems to have a lot more focus on the rulers of Hell and external politics compared to Helluva's more personal focus.

I'm curious if it's easier from a legal perspective to have Helluva boss characters show up in Hazbin than the other way around...I mean i feel like it would be kinda weird if none of the Sins showed up in Hazbin at any point except for Lucifer. Also maybe it's just me but any kind of meeting between Asmodeus and Valentino would be loving amazing. Just the knowledge that the literal sin of Lust thinks Val is an utter ratfuck would be cathartic as hell. Probably doesn't help the guy apes his style while spitting in the eye of what Ozzie represents,

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Flopsy posted:

I'm curious if it's easier from a legal perspective to have Helluva boss characters show up in Hazbin than the other way around...I mean i feel like it would be kinda weird if none of the Sins showed up in Hazbin at any point except for Lucifer. Also maybe it's just me but any kind of meeting between Asmodeus and Valentino would be loving amazing. Just the knowledge that the literal sin of Lust thinks Val is an utter ratfuck would be cathartic as hell. Probably doesn't help the guy apes his style while spitting in the eye of what Ozzie represents,

my guess is Helluva boss characters CAN be in Hazbin but hazbin can't be in helluva boss. My guess is the most we will get ins background shots the IMP billboard in a shot. I am guessing you will see goetic demons and the Sins and probably Imps around though. I believe at least. it would be weird if its just dead humans.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

my guess is Helluva boss characters CAN be in Hazbin but hazbin can't be in helluva boss. My guess is the most we will get ins background shots the IMP billboard in a shot. I am guessing you will see goetic demons and the Sins and probably Imps around though. I believe at least. it would be weird if its just dead humans.

Why would characters from the former be able to show up in the latter but not vice versa? Something to do with the fact Hazbin is going to be on Amazon Prime while Helluva will remain a free YouTube series?

I’m pretty sure Helluva’s had at least one Hazbin cameo by now at least (though it was only a picture or something)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Nov 27, 2023

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Larryb posted:

Why would characters from the former be able to show up in the latter but not vice versa? Something to do with the fact Hazbin is going to be on Amazon Prime while Helluva will remain a free YouTube series?

I’m pretty sure Helluva’s had at least one Hazbin cameo by now at least (though it was only a picture or something)

Since Hazbin is essentially owned by A24 I know for matter of fact NO Hazbin characters are ever showing up in Helluva Boss because it would be a whole legal kerfuffle. I mean episode 8 should show what happens when the lawyers get involved. But seeing as Viv co-owns Helluva with Brandon it shouldn't be to much of an issue for her to put her own characters into the former. I least I think so since Helluva boss is an indie animation with no sticky ownership issues.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Flopsy posted:

Since Hazbin is essentially owned by A24 I know for matter of fact NO Hazbin characters are ever showing up in Helluva Boss because it would be a whole legal kerfuffle. I mean episode 8 should show what happens when the lawyers get involved. But seeing as Viv co-owns Helluva with Brandon it shouldn't be to much of an issue for her to put her own characters into the former. I least I think so since Helluva boss is an indie animation with no sticky ownership issues.

Ah nevermind then, but I thought Hazbin was by the same creators? Or is it more complicated than that (also I only got into/caught up with the series recently so which came first for that matter? Helluva Boss or the Hazbin Hotel pilot)?

But in any case yeah, I’m guessing Hazbin will go a little more into the upper echelons of Hell while HB is mostly the misadventures of a mercenary group near the bottom rung (I believe Stolas is the highest demon up the food chain the gang is on somewhat good terms with)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Nov 27, 2023

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I could see some of the sins being in the Hazbin sometimes, but my assumption is that Hazbin is going to take place almost entirely in the Pride Ring and so you're never going to have like Charlie and Vaggie going on a date to Ozzy's or something.

I could see the Sins having to go to some kind of meeting or council with Lucifer so I wouldn't really count them out. But I imagine almost every other character will never be mentioned outside of maybe ad cameos or something. Blitzo, Millie, Moxxie, Loona and Stolas will never be brought up. Likewise none of the other Goetias that have appeared on Helluva will ever show up either. However I wouldn't be surprised if the Goetias are mentioned or we see some other Goetia family at some point. You'll probably never see Striker, or Fizz (well Fizz robots maybe). If any of the sins show up, they probably won't talk much. I imagine there's going to be very little crossover. Even though I'm pretty sure all of the IMP members as well as Stolas, all live in the pride ring.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Larryb posted:

Ah nevermind then, but I thought Hazbin was by the same creators? Or is it more complicated than that (also I only got into/caught up with the series recently so which came first for that matter? Helluva Boss or the Hazbin Hotel pilot)?

But in any case yeah, I’m guessing Hazbin will go a little more into the upper echelons of Hell while HB is mostly the misadventures of a mercenary group near the bottom rung (I believe Stolas is the highest demon up the food chain the gang is on somewhat good terms with)

Hazbin came first and has the same creators but sold the rights to the show to A24 studios. So it makes it really hard for them to crossover into something independently run as they'll have to get a lot of permission in advance and work out a lot of technicalities. Essentially while vivziepop is doing the lion's share here the rights to the show no longer belong to her and she has to ask permission to put Hazbin Hotel characters in anything else. I also think the sins are probably the only characters from helluva boss who are going to show up in Hazbin Hotel. They're meant to be different stories but some characters are too plot relevant to to be ignored. Fizz might be mentioned as Asmodeus is kind of doing the same thing Charlie is but we'll have to wait and see.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Dapper_Swindler posted:

"tell her what i tell everyone, Moxxie and millie never die"
"if you have death prone employees, you keep a couple clones of them back at the office".

"Greetings, Via, I am at Blitzy's office to RIGHT THAT WHICH IS WRONG AND TO REPAIR THE TORN CURTAIN OF TIME ITSELF! There are four puddings in the fridge. You may enjoy the contents of one of them. Dinner at six"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Flopsy posted:

Hazbin came first and has the same creators but sold the rights to the show to A24 studios. So it makes it really hard for them to crossover into something independently run as they'll have to get a lot of permission in advance and work out a lot of technicalities. Essentially while vivziepop is doing the lion's share here the rights to the show no longer belong to her and she has to ask permission to put Hazbin Hotel characters in anything else. I also think the sins are probably the only characters from helluva boss who are going to show up in Hazbin Hotel. They're meant to be different stories but some characters are too plot relevant to to be ignored. Fizz might be mentioned as Asmodeus is kind of doing the same thing Charlie is but we'll have to wait and see.

Macaluso posted:

I could see some of the sins being in the Hazbin sometimes, but my assumption is that Hazbin is going to take place almost entirely in the Pride Ring and so you're never going to have like Charlie and Vaggie going on a date to Ozzy's or something.

I could see the Sins having to go to some kind of meeting or council with Lucifer so I wouldn't really count them out. But I imagine almost every other character will never be mentioned outside of maybe ad cameos or something. Blitzo, Millie, Moxxie, Loona and Stolas will never be brought up. Likewise none of the other Goetias that have appeared on Helluva will ever show up either. However I wouldn't be surprised if the Goetias are mentioned or we see some other Goetia family at some point. You'll probably never see Striker, or Fizz (well Fizz robots maybe). If any of the sins show up, they probably won't talk much. I imagine there's going to be very little crossover. Even though I'm pretty sure all of the IMP members as well as Stolas, all live in the pride ring.

this. you will see some references and easter eggs, maybe a background cameo or two, but they are kinda two different shows.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Happy Landfill posted:

"Greetings, Via, I am at Blitzy's office to RIGHT THAT WHICH IS WRONG AND TO REPAIR THE TORN CURTAIN OF TIME ITSELF! There are four puddings in the fridge. You may enjoy the contents of one of them. Dinner at six"

is H. Jon Benjamin play paimon now. because id be down for that. "hey son, look i took the form of your ex wife".

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Still a pity they had to replace pretty much the entire Hazbin cast (compared to Helluva where I believe only Millie and Stolas changed between the pilot and the series proper). But I am looking forward to the show and where they go with it at least

Do we know if the series is going to have a set release schedule?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Larryb posted:

Still a pity they had to replace pretty much the entire Hazbin cast (compared to Helluva where I believe only Millie and Stolas changed between the pilot and the series proper). But I am looking forward to the show and where they go with it at least

Do we know if the series is going to have a set release schedule?

it starts january 19th and my guess is its staggered release like all amazon stuff, which i am ok with.

I feel like the new voice cast isnt bad least with charlie and vaggie. i am mixed on angel but i heard like 3 lines and its kinda hard to top michael kovach.

hot take but i think Bosco does a better job then reedus. i like reedus but his voice acting is always kinda flat, bosco gets alot more enegery and weird desperate shithead western gunmen energey,

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Alternatively, I think Kesha did an incredible job as Bee, and I'll be sad when she eventually shows up again and she's voiced by someone else.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Alternatively, I think Kesha did an incredible job as Bee, and I'll be sad when she eventually shows up again and she's voiced by someone else.

same. i wouldnt be surprised if she only shows up once or twice more, apperently her animations were nuts and expensive.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I forget, why did they change the entire Hazbin cast again? As I said, all but two of HB’s cast stayed on past the pilot (well, one technically since Milly was originally played by the same actress as Loona)

I’m especially sad to lose Alastor’s singing voice (I remember being disappointed to learn that Insane was not actually a song from the series proper).

From what little we’ve heard of them Charlie and Vaggie sound close enough at least but I kind of prefer the original Angel (though to be fair we’ve only heard a little bit of him as mentioned)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Nov 29, 2023

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Hazbin Hotel is a SAG-AFTRA production under A24, so it had to be union actors.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nikumatic posted:

Hazbin Hotel is a SAG-AFTRA production under A24, so it had to be union actors.

Ah, makes sense then (though Helluva also uses a lot of union actors despite being a free YouTube series)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Macaluso posted:

Agreed. Also I’m curious when/if the show is finally going to revisit the plot from Season 1 with the human government agents having evidence of the gang’s existence

Speaking of the above post, have the creators of this series done anything else noteworthy in the past? HB seems to have a lot of star power for a YouTube show

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Nov 29, 2023

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rATbtwj1qls

Stolas music video released today! A remake of a Paranoid DJ song (he worked on this version too, they didn't simply cover it) with the actual Stolas VA singing it. And with some of the best animation seen from Helluva Boss so far. Like this is theaterical animated movie stuff. It will never happen but I'd love to see a feature length Helluva Boss movie with this animation because it's gorgeous

Also interesting, this is NOT the duet between Stolas and Blitzo, which I was lead to believe is also a music video? This is a fully solo Stolas song.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

This was a real surprise to see :aaaaa: christ that animation! Spectacular stuff

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

drat that was a good song and Bryce knocked it out of the park, I love that this irreverent show about literal demons can hit so hard emotionally. And yeah, I’d love a full fledged movie with this level of animation

On another note, there been any word from the creators about the release of episode 8 yet? The recent arc with Fizz has been good but I kind of want to get back to the I.M.P. gang again

Also have we ever gotten more than one episode in the same month before? One of the upcoming titles sounds somewhat Christmas related

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Dec 3, 2023

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Larryb posted:

drat that was a good song and Bryce knocked it out of the park, I love that this irreverent show about literal demons can hit so hard emotionally. And yeah, I’d love a full fledged movie with this level of animation

On another note, there been any word from the creators about the release of episode 8 yet? The recent arc with Fizz has been good but I kind of want to get back to the I.M.P. gang again

Also have we ever gotten more than one episode in the same month before? One of the upcoming titles sounds somewhat Christmas related

Episode #8 is releasing in April. Between then and now we'll be eating at the Hazbin hotel table to tide us over.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Flopsy posted:

Episode #8 is releasing in April. Between then and now we'll be eating at the Hazbin hotel table to tide us over.

Ah, so the show’s going on hiatus for a bit while they work on Hazbin then. Makes sense, I’m looking forward to seeing where that goes too

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Flopsy posted:

I am ok with that. we had a good glut episodes and mostly good ones too. the team did amazing, they deserve a nice long break.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/HazbinHotel/status/1734966723760263211

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I feel like Alastor's new voice is both too high-pitch and not southern enough.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

It still sucks they had to replace the excellent pilot cast but the new voices are fine for the most part (especially Charlie and Vaggie)

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Season1 trailer on youtube for those who can't see videos on the nazi site:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Acn0EIys4b4

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

I feel like Alastor's new voice is both too high-pitch and not southern enough.

Alastor isn't meant to be southern, I think, but Knickerbocker. He's fast-talking-high-trousers personified.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ill probably get used to it, but i am ehh on alastor, the rest are good.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
Alastor's voice is pitched close imo, but it doesn't have enough AM radio distortion. The sound is too good, it needs to sound like it's coming out of a shite speaker amped by noisy tubes.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

They probably decided that it would grate over the course of a series, but you definitely get the gist of what they're going for so it's fine in my book.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Yeah, the full on actual radio voice would maybe work for an occasional character or even a major villain, but for a regular it'd get old and jarring fast.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I can see it being something they bring more into his voice for added emphasis, like if he's genuinely angry about something.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Rest of the cast has been announced. Brandon and James are also making appearances

https://collider.com/hazbin-hotel-cast-james-monroe-inglehart-krystina-alabado/

It's a pretty stacked cast

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’ll miss the old cast (especially when it comes to Angel and Alastor) but the new one seems fine (also this version has Keith David).

Nice to see some HB alumni jumping onboard as well even though we probably won’t see most of that group here except maybe the Sins

I liked the pilot and the trailer intrigued me so overall I’m looking forward to this

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Brandon Rogers voicing Katie Killjoy is incredible

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Macaluso posted:

Brandon Rogers voicing Katie Killjoy is incredible

I have to say I find it an inspired choice to have a homophobe voiced by a gay man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Larryb posted:

I’ll miss the old cast (especially when it comes to Angel and Alastor) but the new one seems fine (also this version has Keith David).

Nice to see some HB alumni jumping onboard as well even though we probably won’t see most of that group here except maybe the Sins

I liked the pilot and the trailer intrigued me so overall I’m looking forward to this

i mean we were probably never gonna see most of them anyway. maybe next season if everything goes well but i go by we see an ad or billboard or something for IMP and also like maybe a stolas or blitzo in a crowd shot.