Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

I'm still not happy hearing they merged the "fun" crucible playlist with the "unfun" crucible playlist, because I guess it was of the utmost importance that they have multiple 3 player playlists and a dedicated "control points type modes" playlist, but maybe I'm looking for reasons to be cranky, because I'm sure at least one playlist will be palatable per week, and/or there it wont be a huge pain in the rear end to do the "play specific crucible mode" seasonal challenges.

This smacks of older Bungie, trying to force people to play the poo poo modes they made up and were just certain we'd all love, and then when it turns out we don't, jamming them into modes like iron banner and casual to force us to use them. I'm pretty sure they've done this before back in The Bad Times and it didn't go down particularly well then either.

I don't know how they can hear the community shouting about more maps, gunplay balancing and better matchmaking, and respond to that with 'we hear you, we have created a new 4v4 mode where you paint a giant statue of Zavala with sweeperbot's iconic brush.'

It smacks of a higher up who thinks their ideas are brilliant, and if all the playtesters, the playerbase and the other employees would just give it a chance, they'd see how brilliant they are.

Ability regen feels real, real bad now outside of strand. I'm noticing a lot more points where I want to use something and none of my abilities are up. Which is great in a season with no anti champ special for taking a chunk out of something that's causing problems. It just feels so much less fun.

I know their dev cycle means this was all completed months before the layoffs, but it just feels like this is exactly the wrong set of choices to be making right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Which is great in a season with no anti champ special for taking a chunk out of something that's causing problems. It just feels so much less fun.

I noticed this too and thought "well gee I guess I'll rely on abilities to stun champs" and so now I have perma-radiant for anti-shield and it never ever works lol

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

sure okay posted:

I noticed this too and thought "well gee I guess I'll rely on abilities to stun champs" and so now I have perma-radiant for anti-shield and it never ever works lol

It’s season of the arbalest again lol

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Lore spoiler: note: eramis died is on the way to her home planet

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

"Bringing challenge back to Destiny" was a huge self-own by Bungie, imo. I personally don't mind harder content but a live service game lives and dies by the total number of players, not the number of skilled players. There needs to be enough non-challenging content to make even your most inexperienced players feel like they're having fun in the game. They may never touch a raid, dungeon or even a hero difficulty nightfall, but things like patrol zones, strikes and seasonal story content must be both approachable and rewarding.

For instance making the Neomuna patrol zone be anything other than LL 1600 was absolutely idiotic and I've heard from a number of former casual players who dropped the game in Lightfall because most of the expansion made them feel unwelcome with how punishing it felt for their skill level. Everyone knows how awful Destiny 2 is at attracting and welcoming new players, so I don't know who thought alienating a not insignificant chunk of the existing playerbase was a good idea.

3DBlast
Oct 9, 2012
Seasonal stuff is mid, but the lore tab for the seasonal Sparrow :unsmith:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Also I went to Neptune yesterday for the first time since I finished the initial Lightfall campaign and how the gently caress haven’t they fixed the enemy scaling issue yet? What the gently caress. It’s not fun to have to empty almost an entire mag into a red bar to kill it. The gently caress are they thinking?

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Panderfringe posted:

The bargain Mara struck wasn't even to get inside the traveler. It was for 'her heart's desire.' there is zero chance riven doesn't betray her while technically fulfilling the bargain. Like we're going to get uldren back or something.

Speculation based on the exotic/mission we're getting this season Gonna be Sjur Eido, weapon is the exotic bow Wish-Keeper and the mission we're getting it from is called "Starcrossed"

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Called it!

If they're doing a loot refresh + crafting update to a raid, my guess is that they're going to hold it back until the later half of the extended season. Drip feeding the content to maintain player engagement.

Storyline spoiler: The Dreaming City curse can't be broken = Bungie saying "lol we don't have the time and money to remake an entire patrol zone"

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Streamers were bored so Bungie decided to make everything tediously difficult. But what streamers wanted was hard end game content modes with good rewards. Bungie missed the very clear message from the community again and ended up not delivering what streamers wanted and hurting everyone else.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ponzicar posted:

Called it!

If they're doing a loot refresh + crafting update to a raid, my guess is that they're going to hold it back until the later half of the extended season. Drip feeding the content to maintain player engagement.

Storyline spoiler: The Dreaming City curse can't be broken = Bungie saying "lol we don't have the time and money to remake an entire patrol zone"

They also said we're lookin' anyway so probably we're going to break it regardless, Later

e: They only partially fixed shootinslidin' lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYDIp-Icwxw

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Nov 29, 2023

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

ponzicar posted:

In the first cutscene it lays out the huge plan to break the curse and free the corsairs, and then i think after the first runthrough of the seasonal mission Mara just straight up goes "Ah well, that's not going to be possible. Anyway, still keep doing the stuff."

It just feels like a lot of the seasons have been "here is the big thing, someone else will actually be doing the thing, but you will be gathering resources that will help them do the thing." Not particularly heroic to be given the B-team busywork. Then at season end the other person does the thing in a cutscene and says "but I guess you can keep gathering those resources, if you enjoy that sort of thing!"

It just feels really clumsily executed, and if this is the buildup to the final shape, and they're trying to fix it with the skeleton crew left over after the firings, it really doesn't bode well.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

FlapYoJacks posted:

Also I went to Neptune yesterday for the first time since I finished the initial Lightfall campaign and how the gently caress haven’t they fixed the enemy scaling issue yet? What the gently caress. It’s not fun to have to empty almost an entire mag into a red bar to kill it. The gently caress are they thinking?
The Neomuna patrol zone is all 1800 (or 1810?) I believe, and has a disproportionate amount of random yellowbar enemies.

If you're a new or returning player doing the normal Lightfall campaign, several missions just dump you back into the patrol zone on completion where your 1750 rear end gets immediately splattered.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Neomuna is always 15 levels above you, I'm pretty sure.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Wanna pet the wish dragon fr.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Collateral Damage posted:

The Neomuna patrol zone is all 1800 (or 1810?) I believe, and has a disproportionate amount of random yellowbar enemies.

If you're a new or returning player doing the normal Lightfall campaign, several missions just dump you back into the patrol zone on completion where your 1750 rear end gets immediately splattered.

I'm 1810 lol.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I think, given their promise to never vault annual expansion content again, they literally cannot break the Dreaming City curse.

In-game, anway. They can resolve it in the lore, and the patrol zones don't necessarily take place in the current game canon

Also for anti-barrier, simply use Brigand's Law with Threat Detector + Voltshot since it's literally better than that new arc smg and also stuns los championes

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

FlapYoJacks posted:

"That's not a bug, that's a feature!"

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

MJeff posted:

The seasonal activity currently says your light is capped at 5. Not 5 above average or 5 above cap, just 5.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Lore spoiler: note: eramis died is on the way to her home planet

Goin in the post-Final Shape time capsule along with Dead Orbit and all the SIVA that Rasputin mailed to other solar systems

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Also, I was wrong about last season's story activities being grindy. This season's story activities are somehow even more grind-tastic than last season's! It shouldn't be possible, but Bungo pulled off a miracle!

- Quick story intromission.
- Seasonal activity
- Three runs of Tier 2 or two runs tier 3 or 4 Blind Wells (WTF?)
- The story mission is the same as the seasonal activity but with a new dialog and without matchmaking.
- A bunch of running around, talking to various NPCs.
- There are two "complete these arbitrary activities at ${destination}" challenges for the first week. That's a solid 1/3 of the total challenges lmfao.

Making a five-year-old activity with no changes other than some updated loot a significant part of the season may not have been the best idea. Maybe Bungie is trying to get an award for being environmentally conscious with all the recycling they are doing! :v:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Also lol @ Datto ranting about the $15 starter pack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYSdTqwHM-k&t=1120s

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

FlapYoJacks posted:

Also lol @ Datto ranting about the $15 starter pack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYSdTqwHM-k&t=1120s

https://fxtwitter.com/leopardstealth/status/1729874828499497092?s=46&t=pjXjXfmxsyPDHc0UxIStsQ

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

:laffo:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:allears:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

MJeff posted:

Perhaps, but there has to be a minimum light level in that case because I distinctly remember dropping into Neomuna at like 1700 and every red bar being skull level difficulty.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
Oh man, Blind Well is miserable, they didn’t update the event at all except the loot. There aren’t nearly enough enemies and it takes so long. What a miserable event, having to do this every week is going to make me quit.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I don't mind Blind Well but it needs a refresh and lol that you have to do THREE if you join into a Tier 2 in progress. Also lol that I chose to go get the Dreaming City cheevos right before this, including Blind Wellin'

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012

Lord Packinham posted:

Oh man, Blind Well is miserable, they didn’t update the event at all except the loot. There aren’t nearly enough enemies and it takes so long. What a miserable event, having to do this every week is going to make me quit.

Do we know for a fact we have to do it every week or was it just part of the initial seasonal quest? I am assuming they just wanted everyone who doesn't read through all Bungie posts to realize it has refreshed loot.

Kennedy
Aug 1, 2006

hard to breathe?
Isn't the plot something like we use the Ley Lines to capture an Ahamkara egg every week, and the Blind Well charges the Ley Lines? Sounds like we'll be back each week.

Kennedy fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Nov 29, 2023

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Kennedy posted:

Isn't the plot something like we use the Ley Lines to capture an Ahamkara egg every week, and the Blind Well charges the Ley Lines? Sounds like we'll be back each week.

I never enjoyed Blind Well and was disappointed to have to go back there, but what made it a little less awful was running Well of Radiance and dropping it outside the safe spots. You get better sightlines for killing stuff than if you stay inside the safe spot, it keeps you from taking any of the environmental damage, and encourages people to leave the safe zones which speeds up killing the adds.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Does a gun with Quickdraw already on it get any benefits from a Handling masterwork?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I hadn’t played Blind Well since the Forsaken days so I’m not tired of it yet but I probably will be soon

They should have randomized it so at least when the quest asks you to play several in a row it might be different enemies

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Pirate Jet posted:

Does a gun with Quickdraw already on it get any benefits from a Handling masterwork?

Yes, it will help with ads and stow speeds. Ready speed is already maxed by quick draw.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
It's incredible that things like "casting a super while a perk is active" are never tested at this company. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTUWB6ksZlg

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Thought about checking in on the new season because my brain needs some cheap dopamine, but lol. lmao.

Listerine posted:

I never enjoyed Blind Well and was disappointed to have to go back there, but what made it a little less awful was running Well of Radiance and dropping it outside the safe spots. You get better sightlines for killing stuff than if you stay inside the safe spot, it keeps you from taking any of the environmental damage, and encourages people to leave the safe zones which speeds up killing the adds.

Didn't we sorta do a bunch of Blind Well in the runup to Witch Queen?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

FlapYoJacks posted:

It's incredible that things like "casting a super while a perk is active" are never tested at this company. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTUWB6ksZlg

Lore accurate Riven behavior. "You wished for scorching, o Guardian mine?...."

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ponzicar posted:

Lore accurate Riven behavior. "You wished for scorching, o Guardian mine?...."

Yeah I assume that part's on purpose lol

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I gotta imagine the blind well is a specific to week 1 sorta deal. Like a 'remember this poo poo?' moment for new and returning players that also pads out the week's activities for a bit

If they want weekly blind well I'm simply not doing it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I gotta imagine the blind well is a specific to week 1 sorta deal. Like a 'remember this poo poo?' moment for new and returning players that also pads out the week's activities for a bit

If they want weekly blind well I'm simply not doing it lol

https://twitter.com/Destiny2Team/status/1730011034998718839

Also they’ve confirmed they pulled the Starter Pack from all storefronts.

https://twitter.com/Destiny2Team/status/1730010653241618890