Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Put the Chargers on a naval ship that goes up and down the coast, BC to Baja.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Diva Cupcake posted:

Owners tend to have personal philosophies on coaching candidates. Outside of trading for Bill Parcells, and I guess elevating Belichick, the only guy the Jets have ever hired with previous HC experience was Adam Gase.

Gase, not so coincidentally enough was the only offensive guy hired. Everyone else was defense aligned. Gase was also hired by Woody's brother while he was in London putzing around for a few years so he barely counts.

If we fired Saleh, I'm sure we'd just hire **spins wheel** Mike Macdonald.

The Johnson's or The Jets in general cause this is Kotite erasure otherwise

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Woozie66 posted:

I don't think San Diego worked out too well last time. Maybe they just roam California, perpetually trying to find the right home. Sacramento next?

Build a stadium on an aircraft carrier and let it roam the seas

e: gently caress I should have checked the next page

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

syzpid posted:

Gotta be the Johnson’s cause it’d also be ignoring Weeb was a very successful coach before joining the Jets way back when.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

syzpid posted:

Yeah this is just the last ~25 years of Johnson ownership. Leon Hess was a completely different animal.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Coach of the year - who you got?

For me it’s the dude on the colts. Somehow with Minshew Mania they have a good record.

I have historically not been a fan of this guy but Tomlin having 7 wins with that QB and roster seems like some sort of voodoo.....

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Owners tend to have personal philosophies on coaching candidates. Outside of trading for Bill Parcells, and I guess elevating Belichick, the only guy the Jets have ever hired with previous HC experience was Adam Gase.

Gase, not so coincidentally enough was the only offensive guy hired. Everyone else was defense aligned. Gase was also hired by Woody's brother while he was in London putzing around for a few years so he barely counts.

Obviously the Jets NEED a name brand proven HC like Harbaugh but I'm at the point now where I'm convinced that Saleh is just a bad coach and will never win here so I'd prefer dart throw assistant over him as well.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Huh. Apparently we all owe that weird racist kid a bit of an apology.

https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/1729895725520072998?t=Rw60yn99n3oVNtJrEae8QQ&s=19

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1729917438727160061

gently caress ya this is gonna rock

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

mcmagic posted:

I have historically not been a fan of this guy but Tomlin having 7 wins with that QB and roster seems like some sort of voodoo.....

Yeah. Also someone posted the Steelers' schedule in another thread and the next month is a loving joke

vs ARI
vs NE
@ IND
vs CIN without Burrow
@ SEA
@ BAL who could be resting starters if they have the division locked up

11-12 wins is possible if they beat the bad teams and steal a low scoring win from the Seahawks or Ravens in a nasty defensive game. Which would definitely be voodoo

One month later

The Jets have placed QB Aaron Rodgers on IR, ending his season

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
The Hawks are taking on water right now and will be pretty close to sunk when the Steelers game comes around, that won't be a very competitive game.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The Jets could still take the AFCE.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

It will be extremely loving funny if he immediately tears it again due to his hubris

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Illegal Hen
True karma would have Rodgers injuring the other leg.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

triple sulk posted:

It will be extremely loving funny if he immediately tears it again due to his hubris

We can all only hope

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

triple sulk posted:

I think TFF is united on this one.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The Spanos' having no problems spending in FA but being cheap with coaches makes no sense. Coaching salary is a rounding error compared to player payroll. Is it just a philosophy thing to go cheap there?

Yes and it's infuriating

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
I would rather than Rodgers returns, loses two games, goes public that he can't win with this roster/coaching, the GM panic buys/sells/fires, and THEN he injures his leg again.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
It’d be funny if Rodgers came back and pooped his pants during a game on live TV.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

fartknocker posted:

It’d be funny if Rodgers came back and pooped his pants during a game on live TV.

Especially if he yells 'Oh no I pooped my pants!'

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Black Lighter posted:

Especially if he yells 'Oh no I pooped my pants!'

That or the old Donald Glover/Derrick Comedy bit where he tries to deny it and pretend he’s someone else.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

pooping his pants is probably an actual cleanse part of his "rehab"

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Anything that humiliates Deadspin is a good story and I'm glad this kid isn't going to be labeled for the rest of his life.

Also his grandpa is Chumash? In Santa Ynez? That tribe is rich as hell. They own the land around Solvang and you can build houses there but never own the land, the tribe owns the land.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Wait…..wait

Did Aaron Rodgers ever confirm that he tore his Achilles tendon, or did he just say he injured it??

We already assumed he meant vaccinated when he said he was “immunized” for COVID, did we all just assume it was torn when he said “injured”?

It would also have created a situation where he could screw over the Packers by not playing the 75% or whatever he needed to so that they got the extra incentives from the trade.

Is this just a long con by Rodgers to make himself seem more superhuman? Make it seem that he can heal quicker due to his “treatments” and “regimens”?? Create a situation where he can return and become the Jet’s savior???

HOW FAR DOES THE RABBIT HOLE GO!?!?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Rodgers had the surgery roughly 10 weeks ago. Running isn't recommended until the 16 week mark of the speedbridge recovery, with an exception for "elite athletes", which I guess Rodgers could be considered

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Rodgers leg is going to fall off

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Elite 40 year old athletes lol.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yeah he's heading for a setback. Probably Fauci's fault though

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Kloaked00 posted:

Wait…..wait

Did Aaron Rodgers ever confirm that he tore his Achilles tendon, or did he just say he injured it??

We already assumed he meant vaccinated when he said he was “immunized” for COVID, did we all just assume it was torn when he said “injured”?

HOW FAR DOES THE RABBIT HOLE GO!?!?

I mean there is a slow motion replay of the tendon snapping and rolling into his calf you can watch if you really want to

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

He doesn't need to sprint around, he just needs to stay upright.

Now, let's hear about the Jets offensive line.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

he doesn't need to run, he just needs to hover above the field like a f35 that's ready to explode

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
It's all for show. The Jets have like .4% of making the playoffs. He's not playing again this season.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Elite 40 year old athletes lol.

This is Martina Navratilova erasure.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

shyduck posted:

Yeah he's heading for a setback. Probably Fauci's fault though

Thanks Obama.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

J et fuel can't melt tendons so i dont know man, i just dont know

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Diva Cupcake posted:

Yea the Bucs under the Glazers have mostly done defensive hires but of the 3 offensive guys they’ve hired two have gotten us Superbowls. So, yea that’s why I always push for more offensive coaches for the Bucs.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I dunno, I'd love for the Jets to squeak into a wild card spot only for Rodgers to die seconds into their first playoff game.

Me personally, I would love that.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Anything that saves Joe Douglas would be hilarious.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The Spanos' having no problems spending in FA but being cheap with coaches makes no sense. Coaching salary is a rounding error compared to player payroll. Is it just a philosophy thing to go cheap there?

First time coaches are much easier for them to manipulate and use as buffers for the Spanoses generally interfering with the roster and on-field talent. Usually because these coaches don't know better, and NFL head coaching jobs are rare enough for these guys to debase themselves for. The last time they had a coach that was willing to tell em to gently caress off and keep their fingers off the team was Schottenheimer. The only other HC they had with any sort of prior experience as a head guy was Norv, and he wasn't exactly the kind of dude to rock the boat.

Otherwise, yeah. It has been very intentional in the last decade + that the Chargers only hire first time HCs with no prior experience. The Spanoses don't give a poo poo about winning if they aren't allowed to interfere and meddle with the roster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

Durandal1707 posted:

The Spanoses don't give a poo poo about winning