Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
why didn't superman ever fly out into space and grab a comet made out of gold and hand it out to poor people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

what if superman had autism

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

and he smoked weed

how much weed would superman need to smoke to overcome his supertolerance

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

supermans alter ego the rain man

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

setting the entire weed farm alight and breathing in all of the fumes at once with my superlungs

breathing out a mushroom cloud of weedsmoke

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Lmao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

hot couch guy superman

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

loquacius posted:

setting the entire weed farm alight and breathing in all of the fumes at once with my superlungs

breathing out a mushroom cloud of weedsmoke

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

There's also a temporal element to it, i think. Like back then, we were all in the same dumpster, some of us had girl/boyfriends and were getting laid, others were just grinding work. Nowadays i'm still pretty un-rooted and not far from that individual lifestyle, but i'm able to sock so much money away. But all my age peers have 1-3 kids and just talk about how expensive it is to get a bigger deck built on their second house and some of them are building """ mother in law suites """ in their back yards to airbnb. Class disparity never really goes away, it just sublimates

not to mention: no smartphones. unless you were gaming at the same time like previous goon, you were fully attentively consuming that poo poo and loving it. golden age AS was something else, nothing will ever be like it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
what if superman was gay and short?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

what if superman posted in the C-SPAM subforum of Something Awful

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Has anyone used an overly melancholic version of "What if God Was One of Us" for a superhero montage yet

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

why didn't superman ever fly out into space and grab a comet made out of gold and hand it out to poor people

That would just drive down the value of gold and they'd still be poor, dumbass.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

loquacius posted:

what if superman posted in the C-SPAM subforum of Something Awful

Lex Luthor intentionally poisons the city and kills a lady scientist to try and teach Superman a lesson: "uh yeah that's a freaking crack ping"

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Has anyone used an overly melancholic version of "What if God Was One of Us" for a superhero montage yet

didnt they do some sort of "imagine" montage in The Boys

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Justin Tyme posted:

not to mention: no smartphones. unless you were gaming at the same time like previous goon, you were fully attentively consuming that poo poo and loving it. golden age AS was something else, nothing will ever be like it

nobody was fully attentive watching AS if they weren't gaming they were busy preparing drugs, doing homework or drawing furry fanart

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Eric Cantonese posted:

I watched that DuckTales episode too

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

War and Pieces posted:

nobody was fully attentive watching AS if they weren't gaming they were busy preparing drugs, doing homework or drawing furry fanart

i was fully watching Venture Bros every time it was on when seasons 1 and 2 were airing

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Eric Cantonese posted:

it would still have industrial purposes that'd keep it somewhat valuable so there

or maybe we could get buckwild with it and cover everything in gold leaf like 18th century aristocrats

or he could bring down an asteroid full of rare metals but then everyone would get cancer from handling them most likely so that's a less good option

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Clark Kent is a centrist journalist who would write tons of pieces about the need for bipartisanship.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

War and Pieces posted:

I'd watch it in bed on my little combo VCR/tube tv till like 2 am in high school with the lights off, good times

like, actually actively watching cable tv that you sincerely enjoyed watching commercials and all feels so alien now, knowing the exact schedule even in AS's weird 15 minute blocks, being excited for most of the entire lineup, knowing anime was on saturday nights and the weird comedy stuff was sunday etc

Justin Tyme has issued a correction as of 16:34 on Nov 29, 2023

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

now adult swim is just a rick and morty factory that reruns The Anime That Shall Not Be Named

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Bro Dad posted:

now adult swim is just a rick and morty factory that reruns The Anime That Shall Not Be Named

There's gonna be a new season of Aqua Teens but I'm unfortunately like a decade behind on that show

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Eric Cantonese posted:

Clark Kent is a centrist journalist who would write tons of pieces about the need for bipartisanship.

David Brooks is Clark Kent!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

MeatwadIsGod posted:

There's gonna be a new season of Aqua Teens but I'm unfortunately like a decade behind on that show

The only good season was the one I watched a million times on DVD when I was 19 and stoned

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

MeatwadIsGod posted:

this clip where athf appears to have the pretense of actual animation is actually tripping me up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3MKZWqszTg

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
all I need is a shouting cup that gestures his entire body with a key frame animation.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

indigi posted:

it was good actually. imagine quebecois but the southern US. I’m having a panic attack just from typing that out

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

indigi posted:

Man of Steel is probably the best superhero movie since Blade (low bar I know)

it sucks rear end

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

indigi posted:

it was good actually. imagine quebecois but the southern US. I’m having a panic attack just from typing that out

lol

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

indigi posted:

I like the sound of Creole!

woke operator
Nov 17, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
did u know that cheech marin's pussy busker character in from dusk til dawn was named chet pussy? i thought that was interesting

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

indigi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpGbDGdjFVk

woke operator
Nov 17, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
in the first blade movie kenny johnson (who played equally unlucky lem from the shield) plays a doomed party animal named heatseeking dennis

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
what if superman was secretly evil. da boys season 6 streaming now on amazon prime

woke operator
Nov 17, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
speaking of, theres a lot to enjoy about the shield but i think the funniest thing in the series is lem's chopper. couldnt find a picture easily so we'll all just have to imagine it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Al! posted:

what if superman was secretly evil. da boys season 6 streaming now on amazon prime

you ever wonder what if god was real but actually into having weird sex?? check out freaking Preacher dude

woke operator
Nov 17, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the best thjing about the shield is that the only superhero is hte american criminal justice system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

thats bizzaro superman