Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
W're getting Shadow Tower 3 and King's Field V any day now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Hatebag posted:

I'm guessing elden ring dlc next year but i hope they also make some ac6 dlc. looking at the sales numbers though it seems like ac6 only sold about 2.8 million copies whereas elden ring sold 12 million in the first two weeks, so that's probably on the back burner at best. hell, er sold over 22 million copies total so maybe they'll do a bunch of dlcs like ds2
and i guess they'll probably have elden ring$ out in a couple years too. they better hire some more people to keep cranking these fuckers out

ac6 has already sold more copies than every other armored core game combined, i think that it's probably meeting bamco's expectations

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

is Dark Sous 3 supposed to be the last Dark Souls game?

wonder what games From has in development right now

miyazaki said 3 was the last one but who knows?
purportedly they're working on a new ip called spellbound, er dlc, and some other projects.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Regarde Aduck posted:

3 is great gameplay wise but the story feels like fan fiction where all your faves return. It's sad that 2 tried to do something different and got berated and people being little bitches with all the 'b team' poo poo. But it's fine because we won in the end and got dark souls 2 part 2: Elden ring

3 is way weaker as a sequel storywise imo. Even though 2 has a lot of pre-existing assets that were retrofitted to its story, you still have that palpable sense it's been eons since Dark Souls 1. There are no firekeepers outside of those 3 old crones who exist in a weird limbo out of time. Whenever you find an old armor set from a DS1 character, nobody is sure who it belonged to, whether it's named after a person or a place, etc. One of the NPCs is an ancient sorcerer who was petrified ages ago, and even his knowledge of things like the Chaos Flame are garbled and don't quite line up with what you can piece together in Dark Souls 1. Names like Ornstein or Nito are either lost to time or morphed into the suffix of a character's given name, even if the original context is lost.

Compare all that to Dark Souls 3 where it's like "hey remember this?" and a bunch of characters seem to have perfect knowledge the story of Gwyn and Co.and there's just a big old chamber full of dead firekeepers despite the institution having died out eons earlier.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

lol even mi-an gets fed up with catori's poo poo eventually. you hosed up if she's telling you to pound sand

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

turn off the TV posted:

ac6 has already sold more copies than every other armored core game combined, i think that it's probably meeting bamco's expectations

yeah but it didn't sell as well as elden ring so it would make sense to prioritize elden ring dlc/sequel. i read somewhere that they did not have any dlc planned for ac6 but that could just be a lie. or they could be waiting to see how many copies it sells before committing to making an expansion. maybe robots are just not as popular as hosed up little men

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
the only visual novel you should be playing is Who's Lila

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
or Growing My Grandpa or mothered

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
on my new computer it takes longer to boot the red launcher than to actually load into my cyberpunk or witcher save

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Al! posted:

on my new computer it takes longer to boot the red launcher than to actually load into my cyberpunk or witcher save

that's all the background programs firing up to monitor you and make sure you're having the optimal cyberpunk 2077 experience

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

ziasquinn posted:

or Growing My Grandpa or mothered

I'm extremely excited for echo stasis his stuff has been really good so far

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Al! posted:

The Polacks are mining bitcoin with their launcher

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

DaysBefore posted:

The Polacks are mining bitcoin with their launcher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIAe1MbfGk8

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

there's going to be another subnautica :woop:

sub1 was fantastic
sub2 was pretty bad and i quit once i had to stomp around on land all day, which is not subnautical at all

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

lol every time at U N D E C L A R E D I N C O M E

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

sub1 was fantastic
sub2 was pretty bad and i quit once i had to stomp around on land all day, which is not subnautical at all

I played my brother's copy for about 20 minutes where it was like "you need to gather the materials needed to design a new biome" and I jumped in swam a couple feet and was immediately eaten. at that point I was like "hmm, perhaps not"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

sub1 was fantastic

yep, there were some land portions in 1 but they were a huge cool surprise and you dont really spend a lot of time there. in 2 you literally start on land lol

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

dave the diver is about as subnautica as my mind can handle

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lmao

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

Oh hell yeah

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the other thing thats bad about sub2 is that you start the game and it drops 40 billion journal entries and audiologs in there

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Buck Wildman posted:

I played my brother's copy for about 20 minutes where it was like "you need to gather the materials needed to design a new biome" and I jumped in swam a couple feet and was immediately eaten. at that point I was like "hmm, perhaps not"

subnautica 1 kicks major rear end. as long as you're not scared of the ocean i guess. i was showing it to one of my friends and was driving a little rinky dink submarine and the pressure depth warning was going off and then a 200-ft long sea dragon came out of nowhere and ate the ship and my friend practically had a panic attack.
love that game

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Hatebag posted:

subnautica 1 kicks major rear end. as long as you're not scared of the ocean i guess. i was showing it to one of my friends and was driving a little rinky dink submarine and the pressure depth warning was going off and then a 200-ft long sea dragon came out of nowhere and ate the ship and my friend practically had a panic attack.
love that game

there's a multiplayer game I played for awhile called Depth where one player is a shark against a team of player divers. I showed my brother the trailer once and he was like "absolutely not"

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Communist Thoughts posted:

i played like 30-40 mins of lethal company and it was probably the most bored i've ever been in a game this year, about 10 minutes in i realised my friends had tricked me into playing another extraction shooter except this one doesnt even have shooting

gdi what is with peoples obsession with snooping around buildings looking for cans of beans and GPUs instead of doing anything fun? i blame dayZ

theres something about those types of games that makes me feel like its not even worth the physical effort of pressing keys or moving the mouse

i will probably get asked to play some more so maybe it gets better but i was so put off so quickly and nothing happened our whole gameplay session then at the end my friend was like "i love this game so much" lol

It's just prep for daily life in the 2030's.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/Toadsanime/status/1729813850445296062

woke operator
Nov 17, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i know it's well-tread ground for c-spam but Disco Elysium is good

its fine

woke operator
Nov 17, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
think im gonna become a reserve guy

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I really liked it but everyone is different

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

lol that all these gaming companies got huge loans, bought all these companies to pump their stock, then cashed out

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

sub1 was fantastic

skipped a lot of the land parts as the prawn and grappling hook lets you vault over the bluffs

never built the land vehicle

the seatruck is a nice concept but its no cyclops

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

skipped a lot of the land parts as the prawn and grappling hook lets you vault over the bluffs

never built the land vehicle

the seatruck is a nice concept but its no cyclops

I really liked the truck, thought it was cool as poo poo with the modularity

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
This might be the first season in awhile where a trailer or battlepass wasn't leaked.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

This might be the first season in awhile where a trailer or battlepass wasn't leaked.

everyone is too hyped for the eminem skin, we can't focus on anything else

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I honestly can't believe Eminem is coming to Fortnite before Peter Griffin but I guess they really want every skin to fit a certain body type now. RIP the dream of Peter and Homer in fortnite

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

i don't like eminem. they should get twista in there

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

marge would work unless they put a hitbox in her hair

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I honestly can't believe Eminem is coming to Fortnite before Peter Griffin but I guess they really want every skin to fit a certain body type now. RIP the dream of Peter and Homer in fortnite

I was just thinking about this the other day but for spongebob. Hitboxes are a bitch.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
there was a window where they didn't care and some of the best/weirdest looking skins as a result are like The Hulk lol

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Communist Thoughts posted:

Slept thru VN chat but did anyone ever play thru higurashi and can say what's good about it?

The guy who wrote it is doing silent hill and gets really talked up but I tried to play it and it seems to be about anime schoolkids flirting with eachother and has a real bad artstyle (I think there's 3 versions and they all look pretty bad)

My partner is a big silent hill fan so was interested in us playing it then she was just giving the saddest wtf face the whole time

again i havent gotten very far in any of his stuff. but hes famously long winded. so when a game starts with three hours of retards flirting its setting the scene for what the text is actually about. if you dont enjoy it theres nothing wrong with putting it down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

put zelensky in fortnite