Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ringo Roadagain posted:

https://twitter.com/henmazzig/status/1729940723535888686?s=46&t=YjAdrC5z2HpTKJK1s-6pYw

manufacturing consent to kill doctors, nurses, and humanitarian workers

It's funny how, as far as I'm aware, there's yet to be a single actual first-hand account of abuse. It's all claims from random unrelated people. Meanwhile abuse is obviously routine for Israel's prisoners, with us directly seeing the victims and their injuries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

HallelujahLee posted:

more news from demon nation

The House of Representatives on Tuesday overwhelmingly passed a resolution affirming Israel's right to exist, and only two members did not vote in favor of it.
Democratic Rep. Rashida Tlaib of Michigan, the sole Palestinian American in Congress, voted "present," while Republican Rep. Thomas Massie of Kentucky voted against it.
However, the resolution made no mention of Palestinians — who have their own historical claims in the region — even as it stated that Jewish people are "native to the Land of Israel
The resolution also states that "denying Israel's right to exist is a form of antisemitism"

There are some Jews native to the "land" "of" "Israel" - they're called Arabs.

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
https://twitter.com/TheSocProgram/status/1729644317331816467

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

I said come in! posted:

As a U.S. citizen and resident, what is even the point in wanting congress to continue to exist? What purpose does it serve me anymore?

its never served the will of anyone that isnt a multimillionaire+

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

I said come in! posted:

As a U.S. citizen and resident, what is even the point in wanting congress to continue to exist? What purpose does it serve me anymore?

To answer both of your questions: there isn't one.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

I said come in! posted:

You're a poor. You're not supposed to have desires and interests, you're supposed to be loyal to your country.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I bet AOC cried so much as she voted to uphold the genocidal apartheid state.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

More like the death squad, amirite?

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

forgive my ignorance of fatlander realpolitik, but why didn’t tlaib vote against this?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Edit: :burger: deleted

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
e: gently caress it; deleting the burgerposting.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Comrade Koba posted:

forgive my ignorance of fatlander realpolitik, but why didn’t tlaib vote against this?

She voted present, which is the ultimate lib meaningless action.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Comrade Koba posted:

She was already censured for mild pro-Palestinian sentiment; her own caucus is just as captured by APAIC and is probably trying to whip her into line.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Retromancer posted:

I bet AOC cried so much as she voted to uphold the genocidal apartheid state.

Seeing some of the Democrats that pretended to be on Tlaib's side, throw her under the bus today, is I guess not really surprising.

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004

moths posted:

I'd bet a dollar that Israeli media added them to their "terrorists killed" numbers.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Comrade Koba posted:

I imagine she was scared. It can't be easy being a Palestinian woman right now, working in congress, and going into work everyday and knowing every single person in that building wants you dead, and is cheering on the genocide of your people.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

this might be both succ zone posting and funny thing you remember, but the Democratic Party voting bloc has been far more pro Palestinian than the rule elites for at least a decade. They did a sham vote at the DNC convention in 2012 to support Israel when the room, which were all Obama die hades, were evenly split. Fun watch.

https://youtu.be/zoPrBnrWvrE?si=fQu41PtOyLkOgZ07

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

jesus christ

dti

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

gradenko_2000 posted:

The Israeli ambassador to Belgium:

jfc

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

I’ll also say that I am incredibly proud of the protestors in the US. They’ve clearly changed the discourse in this country despite the real risk the elites put on people’s jobs.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Tonight, the cornerstone is laid in the Gaza Strip for the settlement "Ofir" named after the former head of the Negev Gate Council, the late Ofir Liebstein, who was murdered by Hamas. Ofir was a leader, a man of the Land of Israel, a man of construction, a man of settlement. Children will grow up here And girls who will be educated about his contribution, his heroism and his sacrifice. We will restore the settlements, expand the settlements and add more settlements. The wheat will grow again.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

OctaMurk posted:

Tonight, the cornerstone is laid in the Gaza Strip for the settlement "Ofir" named after the former head of the Negev Gate Council, the late Ofir Liebstein, who was murdered by Hamas. Ofir was a leader, a man of the Land of Israel, a man of construction, a man of settlement. Children will grow up here And girls who will be educated about his contribution, his heroism and his sacrifice. We will restore the settlements, expand the settlements and add more settlements. The wheat will grow again.

In the Gaza Envelope, not the strip itself.

https://www.ynet.co.il/news/article/bkprbbrht

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

OctaMurk posted:

I bet they'll have people lining up to go live in a settlement in the al-aqsa flood zone.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sancho Banana posted:

In the Gaza Envelope, not the strip itself.

https://www.ynet.co.il/news/article/bkprbbrht

Stupid question, but this would be outside of Gaza itself?

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

I said come in! posted:

Yes, but very close to it.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
I think it is fair of Tlaib to vote present on a bullshit bill with lots of boilerplate anti-racism language stapled to some atrocious doublethink, I mean she'll take a tremendous amount of heat just for that. The other 432 can go to hell.

The lone No (Republican) just has the moderate lib take from 5 years ago:

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/status/1729656551596564812

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I said come in! posted:

Yeah it's the area immediately outside of Gaza but his language doesn't make me think he means they're sticking with the envelope.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Time to get my day started, dti and dta

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Crazypoops posted:

Time to get my day started, dti and dta

Counterpoint: I need to sleep, dti and dta :tootzzz:

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

I said come in! posted:

Seeing some of the Democrats that pretended to be on Tlaib's side, throw her under the bus today, is I guess not really surprising.

surely NOW the right will stop calling them marxist demonic baby eaters

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

Yeah it's the area immediately outside of Gaza but his language doesn't make me think he means they're sticking with the envelope.

I know the U.S. said that their redline would be Israel settling into Gaza, but lmao Israel can absolutely do this with no consequences from the U.S.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Does anyone have a link to the video with clips of Trump saying "Israel must be wiped off the earth" and theres some arabic song playing in the background?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The new narrative is that hostages will be too afraid to speak about how horrible Hamas was to them.

https://twitter.com/Israel/status/1729802848810971303

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

I said come in! posted:

most of them are there to facilitate the looting of American empire for as long as the gravy train lasts, so if you're an accelerationist that's about the only point they serve

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

FlapYoJacks posted:

The new narrative is that hostages will be too afraid to speak about how horrible Hamas was to them.

https://twitter.com/Israel/status/1729802848810971303

is she the one with the scumbag dad who was saying how glad he was that his daughter is dead instead of captured?

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

is she the one with the scumbag dad who was saying how glad he was that his daughter is dead instead of captured?

Yeah he fist pumped about it

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Yes. Please don't remember that. The IDF doesn't want you to remember.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

it’s blood-libel to remember things

The Easy Rider
Sep 21, 2006

Corn Dogs- Deep Fried Proof Of A Loving God

Yes, Israel has opted to make the guy who pumped his fist in the air in premature celebration of his daughter’s death, whose fantasies of Hamas abuse were so salacious that he thought that his ghoulish reaction was worth bringing to the public in support of the massacre, the voice of the traumatized hostages. The hasbara division no longer labors under the need to convince anyone, just to feed macabre fantasies to its constituency among the political class and its most bloodthirsty supporters, so he was apparently the best choice for the job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

Since this seems to be the case, I wonder how much of it is she just doesn't wanna talk to her dad