Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaChurl

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.
Took today and tomorrow off to use up some vacation time and extend the Thanksgiving break.

Two whole days to chill while the kid's at daycare! Let's gooooo! :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Edit: Should have known better than to post anything I'm struggling with on the internet. Can't believe my dumb rear end keeps doing this.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Nov 27, 2023

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Ass-penny

I feel stuck because I don't dream of labour in a hyper capitalist hell state

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Escape From Noise

Yeah. I know. I'm the loving idiot.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
I keep waking up too high. I'm becoming a stupid man who goes "duhhhhhhhh"

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Finger Prince

Areola Grande posted:

I keep waking up too high. I'm becoming a stupid man who goes "duhhhhhhhh"

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the flower of cannabis that thoughts acquire uhhhhhhhh... the brain acquires fog, the fog becomes a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Finger Prince posted:

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the flower of cannabis that thoughts acquire uhhhhhhhh... the brain acquires fog, the fog becomes a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

lol

Escape From Noise

Another day at work I'd rather spend in bed.

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

Escape From Noise posted:

Another day at work I'd rather spend in bed.

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I'm going to quit my job and become a plant scientist and spend the rest of my days walking around in fields going "huh, cool".

uhhh now how do I find an entry level position in this without education or proper experience

Escape From Noise

Ever have a little breakdown and cry a little at work? As a treat.

Ass-penny

I have a my first dentist appointment since 2009 today and I took the day off in anticipation of not feeling great after, lol

Ass-penny

we all cry at work, it wouldn't be called work if it didn't make you cry

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

yea, it's ok. you got this efn.

my boss called out sick so it's just me and one coworker and my first task of the morning was selling a grave to some new parents who are just kids themselves.
WACK poo poo

Escape From Noise

I don't want to brew tomorrow. This is something I used to kind of enjoy. It's even a beer I like and I'm doing something a little different that would normally interest me. Dumb as that is. gently caress this.

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Burnout is real.
I took 2 separate week-long absences and it didn't help the work-despair at all.

xcheopis

People in our organization keep clicking on things they shouldn't and then we all have to go through security training. Again. And again.

Well, some of the information is interesting but this particular scenario made me laugh:
You are an accountant whose CEO is travelling. You get an email from "the CEO", telling you to transfer funds to a client and here is a link to make that happen all the more swiftly*
"If I use pretexting on you, and find you are offering some resistance, I might try to sweeten the deal by adding in some quid pro quo. For example, perhaps I mention that if you get the transfer done quickly, then I'll give you a gift card to your favourite restaurant as a way of saying thanks."
Of all the things that would set off alarms for me, it's the CEO of any company offering a measly gift card if you transfer money real quick like. I mean, my first assumption would be "the CEO is trying to commit embezzlement and then fleeing the country", not "what a nice person! I shall do this at once!".

*I don't know how kids these days are being trained but back in my day (2017), you had to contact your bank and get two verifications to be able to do this. But this trick apparently works quite well, so.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

xcheopis

On the other hand, the State-required anti-harassment module is so drat uncomfortable and I hate having to do this every year. I have to mute the speaker, since even watching these scenarios is painful. :(

more falafel please

forums poster

xcheopis posted:

On the other hand, the State-required anti-harassment module is so drat uncomfortable and I hate having to do this every year. I have to mute the speaker, since even watching these scenarios is painful. :(

they usually let you set them to 2x speed just fyi

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

xcheopis

more falafel please posted:

they usually let you set them to 2x speed just fyi

There are "activities" where you have to identify what was wrong in a (quite short) video or other scenario, with a test at the end and the questions aren't always the same. I hate it a lot, so I just use closed captioning and work on other (very minor) work until it's time to do another activity. It has a run-time of one hour but I have to pause to do other tasks and also take a few deep breaths before continuing.
I have three modules on HIPAA to complete, too.

Escape From Noise

I can't do this anymore. The restaurant manager always acts like he's my supervisor despite that not being the case. Today he physically stood in the way of a loving doorway while I was trying to get back to the brewery to pitch yeast I grabbed from the cold room to ask what the next beers I'll be kegging will be. This after multiple texts, sending pictures of the production schedule, giving him physical copies of the production schedule, and having it all up on my calendar. This from the loving idiot that rides my rear end about me sending him the schedule ALL THE TIME!

Ass-penny

lol I'd have pushed him to the ground and done been fired and not even be worried about being banished back to the hells of north America

Ass-penny

I felt so good yesterday and I was like, why do I feel good?

it was because I didn't waste and hour and a half driving to this dumb place I'm posting from

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
one plus of having glass teeth is that eating has become more of a survival thing and less of a pleasure thing so I've dropped a lot of extra weight lol

rear end-penny posted:

I felt so good yesterday and I was like, why do I feel good?

it was because I didn't waste and hour and a half driving to this dumb place I'm posting from

hell yeah
fuckajob
FUCKAJOOOOOOOOBBBB

Ass-penny

Sarah Cenia posted:

FUCKAJOOOOOOOOBBBB

this with that picture of Eric Andre shaking that gate

xcheopis

I can't do this anymore. The restaurant manager always acts like he's my supervisor despite that not being the case. Today he physically stood in the way of a loving doorway while I was trying to get back to the brewery to pitch yeast I grabbed from the cold room to ask what the next beers I'll be kegging will be. This after multiple texts, sending pictures of the production schedule, giving him physical copies of the production schedule, and having it all up on my calendar. This from the loving idiot that rides my rear end about me sending him the schedule ALL THE TIME!

Is there nothing you can do? Maybe a Cask of Amontillado thing, involving your most recent kegs and the cold room?

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
A (notoriously stupid) employee called our help desk today,,, and said that he's at a hotel in california,,, and can't connect to their wifi. HOW TF IS THAT OUR PROBLEM talk to the hotel's IT team gdi

more falafel please

forums poster

Gaylor Moon posted:

A (notoriously stupid) employee called our help desk today,,, and said that he's at a hotel in california,,, and can't connect to their wifi. HOW TF IS THAT OUR PROBLEM talk to the hotel's IT team gdi

he can check out any time he likes, but he can never leave

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Escape From Noise

Steel cut oats for breakfast and lentil soup for dinner. Living that #fiberlife.

Escape From Noise

A second morning poo poo has hit the toilet.

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er

A second morning poo poo has hit the toilet.

The second bathroom is falling!

Escape From Noise

Gaylor Moon posted:

The second bathroom is falling!

Lol. Wrong thread. I posted that at home. Shameful.

Ass-penny

Gaylor Moon posted:

tell them that the Eagles suck and hang up

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

xcheopis

True compassion:
A social worker I know (she works with homeless people) was in tears yesterday, trying to get a client into some shelter before he dies on the street.
The catch is that this man is a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad human. Every time a shelter accepts him, he's thrown out in a matter of a few hours because he is just so god awful. But this woman (a WOC, I might add) cares enough about this fucker to be literally crying over feeling powerless to help someone rushing headlong long to a cold painful death on the street.
I'll never be that kind. I'll never be that strong.

xcheopis

Love to spend hours listening to HIPAA rules and security and disclosure and please make it stop

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er

xcheopis posted:

True compassion:
A social worker I know (she works with homeless people) was in tears yesterday, trying to get a client into some shelter before he dies on the street.
The catch is that this man is a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad human. Every time a shelter accepts him, he's thrown out in a matter of a few hours because he is just so god awful. But this woman (a WOC, I might add) cares enough about this fucker to be literally crying over feeling powerless to help someone rushing headlong long to a cold painful death on the street.
I'll never be that kind. I'll never be that strong.

Ugghhh she just sounds too good for it all. The guy you're talking about probably has entirely no concept of how much she cares or has invested into helping them. Bless her heart.

Escape From Noise

Lol. The mouth breathing restaurant manager and the aggro head chef finally broke the loving pressure washer.

Dipshit pulled me away from work to ask why the attachment wasn't going in. I said I didn't know but constantly forcing things like I've seen them do on a plastic fitting probably didn't help.

There's a real irony to him asking me for help to fix it when a while ago I was told that I couldn't ask them to not take my hose because :actually: it wasn't my pressure washer! Of course he also denied forcing things.

:fuckoff:

Escape From Noise

Updated and printed up my resume at work without anyone noticing.
:ninja:

Ass-penny

Updated and printed up my resume at work without anyone noticing.
:ninja:

:amen:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

I don't want to work today.