Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I need to be more ballsy about snapping in the first conquest game if I'm in a strong position

Gold conquest, game 3 - I was extremely cocky playing a dracula discard deck and 8 cube snapped against a leech infinaut deck with Limbo and Sinister London up, before I forgot Leech'd apoc doesn't regenerate.

Managed to win the next 5 in a row

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

I always turn 1 snap in Conquest because I want it over as soon as possible. I was actually enjoying this season and then I needed 25 more points to get the psylocke variant, so of course I had to go through a 7 round gauntlet against a Kang user in proving grounds. Finally got my first Conquest variant, though.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I need to be more ballsy about snapping in the first conquest game if I'm in a strong position

You’d be surprised how many eight cubers people will give you in conquest even if they have no path to victory. Ladder is way tighter most of the time.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
the worst is getting better at snapping in conquest as the season goes on. and then as the month rolls over, just tanking your rank on the normal climb since it's a completely different mentality and type of risk assessment.

i've lost count on the number of times i've lost because i get turn one snapped on the ranked climb and i'm like ehhh, it's two cubes i think my hand is ok to stay in.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
For the first time ever I started playing Cerebro, specifically C5, and it's a lot more fun than I gave it credit.

Unfortunately I don't have Silk, and I instead swapped it out with Omega Red, which I mean, not the ideal replacement, but it works OK with Ms. Marvel for the most part.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Don't worry about not having Silk, I'm not sold on her for C5. Omega Red seems like a fine substitute to me. I mean even if he doesn't go online it's another 7 power who cares?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I agree that I think Silk is the most replaceable in C5. Titania has a similar problem but is cheaper and doesn’t turn off MsMarv as easily

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Yeah, Silk is great for location filling if you end up with Sanctum or Death's Domain or the like, but Dr. Doom can do the same without her.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
New llocaiton SUCKS.

Why yes, I love not being able to keep the cards I designed this deck around, please give me random ones. Thank you.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
It is simple.

Just play bad cards into the zone

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Snazzy Frocks posted:

It is simple.

Just play bad cards into the zone

Or cards who’s On Reveal is worth more than their body

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

if even ONE THING disrupts my PERFECT GAMEPLAN, game is bad!!

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

It's another Ego or District X. Always count on the RNG screwing you and helping your opponent. I'm sure it'll be fine in regular distribution, but a full day of it is going to suck.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Hobo Clown posted:

It's another Ego or District X. Always count on the RNG screwing you and helping your opponent. I'm sure it'll be fine in regular distribution, but a full day of it is going to suck.

Ego and District X can't simply be Switched/Rhinod/Reality Stoned/Nicod/Magiked so they're not really the same. (Ego can of course do that to himself, if he so chooses.)

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
the new location is hilarious and has lost me some games in incredible ways

but yeah the frequency of any hot/featured location is annoying, but at least with this one you can't really build a deck around it

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Think I've got a positive w/l ratio on ego because I trust the heart of the cards and immediately snap.

.... Leading to a one cube win when they bail.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Only played a few games with it but already learned some useful things:

It WILL transform Prof X. His lockdown doesn't extend to protecting him.

If you play Absorbing Man after a card is transformed (or a 4-cost card you played on Tarnax turns into Absorbing Man) he copies the On Reveal of the NEW card that it was changed into, if it has one. I haven't seen/experimented with Mystique, but I assume the same with her (she'll copy the new card's Ongoing, if any.)

Cards CAN turn into non-starting/created cards like Rock or Widow's Bite.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

DrBouvenstein posted:

Cards CAN turn into non-starting/created cards like Rock or Widow's Bite.

That's surprising.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

DrBouvenstein posted:

New llocaiton SUCKS.

Why yes, I love not being able to keep the cards I designed this deck around, please give me random ones. Thank you.

Good for Loki, since he just plays random cards anyway.

Edit: I'm gonna be sad when they nerf Loki. He's such a fun deck. Always so much to do, and so many choices to make. Plans and play patterns change multiple times in a single game.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Nov 29, 2023

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Snazzy Frocks posted:

That's surprising.

Lol, yeah I only discovered it because I played Black Widow, and my opponent played Widow's Bite on Tarnax ands it changed into...a Widow's Bite. Before that, all other 0-cost cards I saw placed there turned into Wasp or Yellowjacket.

So while I have not SEEN a 1-cost card turn into a Rock yet, it stands to reason that if a ) cost card can turn into Widow's Bite, than a 1-cost could turn into a Rock, yeah? (I also wonder if they could turn into the -2 power Ninja, or 1-power Raptor?)

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I wonder if it's a weird bug that playing widows bite there makes it fair game for the replacement pool

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Well, I think the Zone is working as intended.

Legion -> Prof X is a bit on the nose.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
My favorite game today was a guy playing Dr. Doom on Tarnax, then getting Destroyer.

I snapped for the hell of it, and for some reason they stayed. They banked on being able to take another lane, but there was 0 chance for him. Thx for the 4 cubes though!

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

This is an objectively god awful week to burn spotlight keys, but I also kind of want that Jean Grey variant. Feeling conflicted :(

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Devo posted:

This is an objectively god awful week to burn spotlight keys, but I also kind of want that Jean Grey variant. Feeling conflicted :(

Maybe you'll get it in one! C'mon, what could go wrong?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Devo posted:

I really think it just depends on how many you have

I wouldn't burn one but that's just me

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

FlamingLiberal posted:

I really think it just depends on how many you have

I wouldn't burn one but that's just me

Yeah I probably won't. Down to 3 keys after burning 7 on the Annihilus spotlight last week. I'm missing Martyr and 2099 but they're both garbage and also S4.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Getting the collector's token on the first try does feel pretty bad. The first key should be a card or a variant.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Devo posted:

Yeah I probably won't. Down to 3 keys after burning 7 on the Annihilus spotlight last week. I'm missing Martyr and 2099 but they're both garbage and also S4.
You really don't need either of those cards. 2099 sucks and Martyr is actually worse than him somehow

Ben Brode responded to a question about Nuverse's issues on the official Snap discord with this-

quote:

HELLO FRIENDS

Marvel Snap is going nowhere. Kind of like the Blob. We are immovable! Or at least, we only move in the direction we want to move... Which is FORWARD! Definitely a lot up in the air right now, and we'd be super sad to hear if our friends at Nuverse are negatively impacted, BUT none if it will affect our ability to make Marvel Snap maximally awesome.

FlamingLiberal fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Nov 30, 2023

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
He would say that either way so it's not positive or negative confirmation

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Skippy McPants posted:

Good for Loki, since he just plays random cards anyway.

Edit: I'm gonna be sad when they nerf Loki. He's such a fun deck. Always so much to do, and so many choices to make. Plans and play patterns change multiple times in a single game.
Loki definitely rules to play but also definitely needs a nerf of some kind (or MMM getting back into the meta a bit more)

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

FlamingLiberal posted:

You really don't need either of those cards. 2099 sucks and Martyr is actually worse than him somehow

Ben Brode responded to a question about Nuverse's issues on the official Snap discord with this-

literally the scene out of fun with dick and jane...

he's the snake oil man chugging it for you live, saying see it really works!

rngd in the womb
Oct 13, 2009

Yam Slacker

Devo posted:

You burned 7 keys in a single spotlight week?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

rngd in the womb posted:

You burned 7 keys in a single spotlight week?

Yeah it took me four to get Annihilus so I figured gently caress it I want the cool variant

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Devo posted:

Yeah it took me four to get Annihilus so I figured gently caress it I want the cool variant

man I have 17 keys and I agonize over spending any on weeks I'm missing 1 card

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Fate Accomplice posted:

man I have 17 keys and I agonize over spending any on weeks I'm missing 1 card

If poo poo is cool, spend the keys. That's my motto.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Devo posted:

If poo poo is cool, spend the keys. That's my motto.

absolutely. I just keep thinking "next time this comes around I'll need 2-3 so might as well wait"

my 2 and 3 needed on the schedule:

2/3
Nov 28 - Martyr/Jean Grey
Dec 19 - Havoc/Nico Minoru
Dec 26 - Selene/Black Knight
Jan 16 - Miek/Annihilus

3/3
Dec 12 - Blob/Living Tribunal/Ravonna Renslayer
Jan 9 - Hercules/Galactus/Howard the Duck

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

FINALLY. I'M FREE.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Congratulations!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Devo posted:

The more I think about it, the more I want to play with a card as bad as Martyr to see if I can get her to work.

But I know I'm gonna get the lovely 2099 or bullshit 4th option.