Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
I think an important piece of the psychology here is that when prices go up, people understand that's inflation, but when their incomes go up, they don't see the part that's because of inflation, they ascribe it all to having a successful career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B B
Dec 1, 2005

:hellyeah:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Our long national nightmare is finally over

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

:toot:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The curse lasted a century but is now done.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Efb
:argh:

Are we... sure?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I'm holding off on celebrating till we put a stake in his heart.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Celebrate good times come on!

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

owns

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009
Took this long to smash 40,000 phylacteries.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Gatts posted:

Celebrate good times come on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl1LP81eSKY

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDU_Txk06tM

Winterion
Jun 20, 2017

Here for the root beer!
:bubblewoop: watch.winterion.com
Lurker un-burrowing to throw claws up in celebration.:patriot:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

gently caress that noise

May a hundred drone strikes hit his funeral

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i'll drink to this tonight

rest in piss you murderous bastard

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

OctaMurk posted:

Yeah I agree, people should take advantage of their benefits.

On the other hand, occasionally I've stayed late at work, even though I'm on salary, because I feel in "the zone" and I'm personally excited to see a design I came up with come to fruition, or I'm learning something new. I don't think that is mental illness, even though technically I am giving my company "free work".

In a good workplace if you're on salary this is supposed to balance out with all the times you take off early, or come in late or take off for a doctor's appointment or whatever without having to dip into your PTO. For a few years through 2020 I was an office worker who was paid hourly with overtime and yeah, I didn't mind 55 hour work weeks when it was necessary because my check was fat. After some private equity buyouts and company mergers I was transitioned to salary with a very nominal increase in pay (like $2500) and my boss at the time was objectively dumbfounded when I told him he had to find someone else to do 30% of my work because I wasn't going to work 15 hours of OT a week for free. Like we got into a loop of, "but you said you didn't mind the hours" and me saying "yes when I was making time and a half working them!" like 3 times before I had to say this conversation isn't productive and I am not doing XZY tasks anymore. Company ended up creating a full time role at ~$19/hr to do what I did in 15 hours a week. So you know, I'm doing my part in terms of creating new jobs. I'm lucky enough though that my boss was more afraid of me quitting than having to justify a new role in the short term, there are some salaried workers in other divisions of the company I work at who are biting the bullet and end up making the equivalent of like $20/hr because their boss is a tyrant with ridiculous turnover.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

gently caress yeah declare it a National Holiday

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCjBspxuUmU&t=5s

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Congrats US thread on a massive W.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!

drilldo squirt posted:

I'm holding off on celebrating till we put a stake in his heart.

I'm headed to the hotel lobby to get a drink anyway. Cheers

B B
Dec 1, 2005

Kalli posted:

gently caress that noise

This is a much better and more accurate headline than the one I posted.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
Wow loving finally dude

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Reminds me of when Scalia died and the world rejoiced.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I'm really glad Jimmy Carter outlived Kissenger to be honest

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

drat you missed the top of the page snipe.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Sure made us wait forever for that one.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Kalli posted:

gently caress that noise

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/henry-kissinger-war-criminal-dead-1234804748/

Full article at link

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
If only Hunter was still alive to write an obituary.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gr0pKI-eeg

If you have the stomach for it Behind the Bastards did a SIX episode breakdown of him being one of the worst people over his lifetime because I assure you he was even worse than you know he was :barf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPPW9eQnOCc

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Blessings upon the noble adventurers who finally destroyed his phylictary.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
Rest in piss, that God drat ghoul.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_6g9qpSVLY

cgeq posted:

Probably depends on a lot of things, like exact terms of the commission (licensing, ownership, use of the artwork), how the artist is being compensated, the nature of the one making the commission (individual? company?), and the power dynamic between the commissioner and the artist.

I guess private person and private artist. doesnt matter if IP or whatever since most corps dont really give a poo poo as long as you dont sell them i believe.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
I saw this and now you will as well

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

I'm really not trying to be a kill joy, but, he kind of won, it's hard to be that happy now.

Nucleic Acids fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Nov 30, 2023

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.
https://x.com/Acyn/status/1730049499840532901?s=20

Oh absolutely! I encourage this! Here's some choice quotes!
The 10 most ghoulish quotes of Henry Kissinger's gruesome career

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Maybe Bourdain's spirit will finally get to strangle Kissinger's.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Death finally got kissinger from the claw machine

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Anthony Bourdain posted:

Once you’ve been to Cambodia, you’ll never stop wanting to beat Henry Kissinger to death with your bare hands. You will never again be able to open a newspaper and read about that treacherous, prevaricating, murderous scumbag sitting down for a nice chat with Charlie Rose or attending some black-tie affair for a new glossy magazine without choking. Witness what Henry did in Cambodia – the fruits of his genius for statesmanship – and you will never understand why he’s not sitting in the dock at The Hague next to Milošević.
I hope Kissinger is in Hell right now with Anthony Bourdain slow-roasting him

pesty13480
Nov 13, 2002

Ask me about peasant etymology!
O friends, no more these sounds!
Let us sing more cheerful songs,
more full of joy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Pussy Cartel posted:

Maybe Bourdain's spirit will finally get to strangle Kissinger's.

He and Ms Carter are taking a day trip to the hell waiting line to laugh at him.