Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

The Saucer Hovers posted:

also seen here, also some guy

I'm so brokebrained I immediately started looking for whether Rosalyn Carter was pictured with Tim McVeigh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

smarxist posted:

is Mirage Men worth reading?

iirc the UFO thread says it is. Not really worth it if youre looking to debunk the current disclosure efforts cause the nature of it is different in a few aspects but if youre looking to get the history of the efforts to confuse and misdirect its worth it

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
yeah, i listened to the latest ghost stories for the end of the world, and it's funny how much of what good information you may be able to find on any of this poo poo is subject to quirky cultural weirdness from the people who are into this poo poo and who it attracts

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011

smarxist posted:

it talks about the silver shirts and other nazi adjacent weirdos inventing UFOlogy, so if you're into that then yes.

nightbird
Dec 29, 2021
You can't change the volume in my dreams

smarxist posted:

yes, it is all about government disinformation and so it is very much on point for this thread.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Puppy Burner posted:

it talks about the silver shirts and other nazi adjacent weirdos inventing UFOlogy, so if you're into that then yes.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

smarxist posted:

yeah it's a lot of fun

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Usher(ed away from Diddy and ushered back)

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
https://x.com/hash_tigre/status/1726849609430168002?s=20

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

fanfic insert posted:

iirc the UFO thread says it is. Not really worth it if youre looking to debunk the current disclosure efforts cause the nature of it is different in a few aspects but if youre looking to get the history of the efforts to confuse and misdirect its worth it

It's insanely relevant to the current disclosure bullshit lol.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

https://x.com/conzmoleman/status/1306728440196935682?s=46&t=v69FFc9gmilk6I-vYnAGzw

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmyeT31sNSE&t=2153s

lol "led him home to he- heaven"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
three episodes into the Sweden series of Ghost Stories for the End of the World and the guest out of nowhere drops that the Walkie-Talkie Men, suspicious figures spotted around the home and site-of-assassination of Olof Palme in the night before and the days after the shooting, match the description of the Brabant Killers

completely lost my poo poo at that

borgnar
Dec 30, 2018
the brabant deal freaks me out more than a lot of other stuff that's maybe more consequential. four years of intense gladio poo poo, and then they're gone without a trace. gently caress, man

i think i read something somewhere too that there was some connection between that and marc dutroux, but i can't remember where or what the connection was

Human.Frank
Jun 2, 2022
Nick Bryant, author of The Franklin Scandal, was on the Shawn Ryan Show. He talks a lot about Epstein and his new Epstein Justice group/coalition/whatever.

Part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCz2s8wUG8U

Part 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo2LWDUUNT8

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

lmao:smuggo:

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

global tetrahedron
Jun 24, 2009

this story owns

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/friend-secret-cia-agent-think-190000508.html

quote:

Look her up on Wikipedia and you will find a lengthy entry about her extraordinary life as a pioneer, adventurer and champion of women’s rights.

Yet Haverstick’s work on the film attracted the attention of a Department of Defense official, who befriended her in slightly suspicious circumstances on a camping holiday and later warned her that documents given to her by Cobb for her research were classified.

quote:

What Haverstick found out was that Cobb flew a light aircraft in and out of a private airport in Dallas on the day of the assassination, in such peculiar circumstances that she became convinced she played a role in the murder, possibly as an intended getaway pilot for assassin Lee Harvey Oswald.

If that were not startling enough, she also came to suspect that Cobb was a mysterious character known to Kennedy investigators as the Babushka Lady, who was the closest person filming the president at the moment he was shot, but who vanished after the assassination, along with her all-important footage.

quote:

Given June’s presence in the Kennedy archives, Haverstick decided to look for any evidence of Jerrie in the documents, and discovered a reference to a small twin-engined plane, of the kind that Jerrie flew at the time, that witnesses reported standing for hours with its engines running at Redbird private airport in Dallas that day.

“I took a giant guess,” says Haverstick, 63, “and I said to her that I thought June Cobb flew to Redbird. Jerrie broke into almost tears, was extremely emotional and then she told me it had been her.”

Jerrie’s explanation for what she was doing there stretched credibility to the limit: she said she had been hired by Life magazine to fly a reporting team to Dallas to cover the presidential visit, but that when they heard he had been assassinated they abandoned the assignment and left.

FlowPon
Nov 24, 2023
https://twitter.com/xntrix2022/status/1726603404049547744

FlowPon
Nov 24, 2023

Did anyone see this yet?

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
New clown just dropped. Nice.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
but doctor

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Finished reading Inside the League: The Shocking Expose of how Terrorists, Nazis, and Latin American Death Squads Have Infiltrated the World Anti-Communist League. Can't recommend it for anyone but the most thorough parapoliticsheads, it's mostly dry descriptions and lists of names of unsavory characters from various fascist groups that made up WACL over the years.

Probably a third of the text is skipping around various Latin American countries and examining how they all emulated the same death squad/dirty war model exported from Chile and Argentina, and how WACL was crucial for coordinating this (especially in shipping people to Taiwan for KMT training). They emphasize something important which is how the death squads were the government or at least the militarized wing of right-wing political parties. It's fascinating, but hard to keep track of all the names in different countries.

There is a tantalizing bit right at the end of how John Singlaub, the American head of WACL in the mid 80s, was piped into the Reagan admin through Oliver North. Seeing the seeds of Iran-Contra being reported on as it was happening is neat.

This part was amusing, where they ponder what WACL might do in response to the book being published:

quote:

There may even be a name change. Just as the Latin American Anti-Communist Confederation became the Federation of Latin American Democratic Entities, at the next conference or Executive Board meeting the World Anti-Communist League may cease to exist, to reappear as the International Freedom League or the World Federation for Democracy or some other grand title.

The book was published in 1986; four years later, WACL ceased to exist and changed its name to the World League for Freedom and Democracy. Almost as if to spite this book.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Can't even with this headline

https://www.foxnews.com/us/pentagon-official-overseeing-federal-schools-arrested-georgia-human-trafficking-sting

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
re: minecraft founder

i wonder if there's a plan in place just in case some total rando suddenly becomes a billionaire from filling a surprise market niche. someone with no family connections who never rode on any blackmail plane. joining a club they are not welcome in. after all they'd have no reasons not to use their new vast reserves to fix entire global social ills at once

gradenko_2000 posted:

The Military Origins of Facebook

[...]

A few months into Facebook’s launch, in June 2004, Facebook cofounders Mark Zuckerberg and Dustin Moskovitz brought Sean Parker onto Facebook’s executive team. Parker, previously known for cofounding Napster, later connected Facebook with its first outside investor, Peter Thiel. As discussed, Thiel, at that time, in coordination with the CIA, was actively trying to resurrect controversial DARPA programs that had been dismantled the previous year. Notably, Sean Parker, who became Facebook’s first president, also had a history with the CIA, which recruited him at the age of sixteen soon after he had been busted by the FBI for hacking corporate and military databases. Thanks to Parker, in September 2004, Thiel formally acquired $500,000 worth of Facebook shares and was added its board. Parker maintained close ties to Facebook as well as to Thiel, with Parker being hired as a managing partner of Thiel’s Founders Fund in 2006.

[...]

quote:

With only 30 or so employees, Mojang was earning profits that seemed endless. It ended 2012 with about $230 million in sales, with gross profits of more than $150 million--$101 million of which Persson paid to himself in exchange for licenses to Minecraft's intellectual property. (He quickly bought the most expensive apartment in Stockholm.)

Investors circled feverishly. Manneh says he talked with more than 100 venture firms in that time, including blue-chip Silicon Valley outfits Sequoia Capital and Accel Partners, but never considered taking money because Mojang simply didn't need it. There was also a visit from billionaire Sean Parker, who whisked away Persson, Porsér and Manneh on his private jet for a wild night out in London. They still turned down his money.

"It was the first time we ever flew on a private jet," says Manneh. It wouldn't be the last. As a private company with no outside investors, the flush firm commissioned Renaissance-style oil paintings of its Mojangstas. To celebrate 10 million downloads, they took the whole staff to Monaco for three days of champagne-fueled partying and yachting. And while the three founders held all the stock, Persson kept employees lubricated with a $3 million group bonus in 2012.

oh

maxwellhill has issued a correction as of 10:29 on Nov 29, 2023

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
so the money is never theirs in the first place. your new money arrival gives up all rights to control or spend their wealth to the state the instant that they earn it, or else. how ironic... in the CIA we have, with perfect enforcement, the strongest communist redistribution project towards a central management body ever to exist.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

The Military Origins of Facebook posted:

Parker, previously known for cofounding Napster

maxwellhill posted:

so the money is never theirs in the first place.

oh get a load of this, it's going to be very fun to explain to people who already think of me as an insane person that Napster, the infamous music piracy app has deep intelligence community funding for *~reasons~*

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

BasicLich posted:

oh get a load of this, it's going to be very fun to explain to people who already think of me as an insane person that Napster, the infamous music piracy app has deep intelligence community funding for *~reasons~*

drop the "The"... just call it... Epstein

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
epster

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

napstein

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
https://x.com/samhusseini/status/1729958518822744396

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Sam Husseini.... Saddam Hussein... makes u think is all Im saying

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

and Hell followed behind him

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

sincerest thanks to the unknown enlightened mystic, true a master of masters, peerless in their craft and wisom, who managed to execute such a righteous and holy Operation and destroy the abyssal fiend

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

dead gay comedy forums posted:

sincerest thanks to the unknown enlightened mystic, true a master of masters, peerless in their craft and wisom, who managed to execute such a righteous and holy Operation and destroy the abyssal fiend

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

dead gay comedy forums posted:

Kissenger tried to face Allah alone when astral projecting

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

Can I be the admin or whatever of just this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem

Taco Duck posted:

Can I be the admin or whatever of just this thread