Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Kanos posted:

I can actually do the current MoC to 30 stars and I still don't like the direction they've been pushing the mode.

I am not entirely defending it. I like the higher difficulty but I think it should've been phased in better. Cutting cycle limit or buffing hp%, not both. However I do like MoC as a target I have to hit, rather than just roll over, either with my own chars or if the allow me to borrow e6s5 chars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i just auto through the first 6 stages and then stop caring about MoC

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It did make me break my 4 piece imaginary set to give my Daniel better stats than 70/90 crit so good job game for making me build real stats instead of lean on how dumb he is even at e0

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

Throwing in my two cents that MoC was always too easy before now, and I'm personally enjoying the current difficulty a lot more. I'm also opposed to the idea of them allowing supports in high-difficulty content; it kinda defeats the purpose of difficult content in the first place. Of course, it would be nice if the more hardcore players could just not use that feature and let other people do what they want, but I don't think that's realistic. Hell, big DPS characters aren't the only reason. If I could pick friend supports, it would be super easy for me to pass on rolling for a niche harmony character like Ruan Mei; I'd just pick a support one when I need them instead.

On the note of the difficulty increase, though, I do agree that they didn't handle it well. It's pretty obvious that it would feel really bad for anyone who's suddenly not able to clear what they could previously. It's weird timing, too, since we're coming up a patch that will add two more floors and allow is to skip the early ones. That, to me, seems like a much more sensible way to increase the difficulty without pissing anyone off.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
I just read the most recent leaks for Ruan Mei's updated kit three times over because I was convinced I couldn't be reading it right

The sheer number of steroids she pumps into your party by just existing is unreal

I spent like 10 minutes going over it in chat with a friend who plays and just as we had concluded "drat, she's pretty cracked" I realized we had fixated on her skill changes and straight up forgot she has an ultimate too

E: I found her light cone, even Bronya's LC doesn't have the balls to just go "did you stack break effect on this break effect character? Great, 1 free SP every ultimate cast, have at it sport!"

Meiteron fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Nov 30, 2023

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
She's the first 5* Harmony since Bronya, of course she'll be cracked.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Also she's strongly meant to incentivize double carry over hypercarry, she has to be nuts compared to just running another buffer.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I was all ready to get e1 Huohuo, then thought I would save that 5 star pull for Bronie since I’d like to roll for 4 stars too. But drat Mei is looking too good now and I might just save my currency; stack it up for her, her LC and Dr. Ratio

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
It's me, I'm the guy who's doing a devil-may-care 20-pull for Hanya on Argenti's banner, then going all on in trying for Ruan Mei despite the fact that I have none of the big DPSes to use her with (and that I haven't touched my built Bronya since Topaz came out).

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Ruan Mei is gonna work well in Kafka comps too, given her focus on Break stuff and the fact that you naturally want another DOT source with Kafka

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

blizzardvizard posted:

Ruan Mei is gonna work well in Kafka comps too, given her focus on Break stuff and the fact that you naturally want another DOT source with Kafka

...holy poo poo I hadn't looked at her in forever but wow yeah.

Do we know how much her passive increases speed by? Because god drat she looks like Asta But More, And Then Some.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I wanted her because she’s so pretty without even looking at her kit, so I stay winning

What’s the banner order? Argenti and then is it her or Ratio?

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Should be Ruan Mei and then Dr Ratio.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I would be upset if I rolled Argenti hes so lame

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

How can you say he's lame, every single move of his summons a shower of rose petals? I have too many characters and want to stop building new ones so unless I get exceptionally unlucky chasing Hanya on Wolfie's banner I won't have him but it's not an easy skip even then.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Eimi posted:

How can you say he's lame, every single move of his summons a shower of rose petals? I have too many characters and want to stop building new ones so unless I get exceptionally unlucky chasing Hanya on Wolfie's banner I won't have him but it's not an easy skip even then.

Argenti is a beautiful man, but his kit is the most terrible, boring, vanilla poo poo in existence. It's pure damage with no utility, and his only gimmick is that you have to wait until double his technical Ult energy to actually use his Ult. I thought for sure they'd adjust it some in beta to make it more interesting, but nope.

EDIT: And he's not even got the grace to be good for either MoC OR Swarm 5. Backloaded damage is bad for both, and the Swarm doesn't care about physical damage so even being a full-team AOE character doesn't mean much.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The only reason to not roll for Argenti is because you're saving for Ruan Mei or Ratio. Don't listen to this man.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
the only time i want argenti to pop up is in SU

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Everyone was drooling over Sailor Moon but there’s no love for Tuxedo Mask, smh.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Dazerbeams posted:

Everyone was drooling over Sailor Moon but there’s no love for Tuxedo Mask, smh.

When you put it like that, I want him even less now!

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

it's ok, i love argenti's aesthetic enough to make up for everyone else

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I want Ruan Mei because she gave me all those blessings in the Simulated Universe so I feel like I owe her something. Also because she's had at least a little presence since launch and I'm a sucker for characters escaping NPC jail after years. It hasn't even been a year yet but she's the closest we've got.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i still haven't gotten the ruan mei event in SU yet lol

lol, i say as i throttle my SU event chances, lmao

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I finally got the Ruan Mei event the other day

...(Part 2)

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
Yeah I've only gotten part 2 despite picking occurrence every time since game release. It's bullshit.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

??? there's a part 2?

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
There’s a ruan mei in SU? :geno: sounds fake. If there was one I would have surely have met her by now what with me picking every occurrence every run a week.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Kyrosiris posted:

...holy poo poo I hadn't looked at her in forever but wow yeah.

Do we know how much her passive increases speed by? Because god drat she looks like Asta But More, And Then Some.

Just 15%, so Asta is still unmatched in terms of pure SPD buff.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

blizzardvizard posted:

Yeah apparently she can make solo Kafka comp much more viable

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Also makes the double dot Kafka comp much more viable.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Gonna be a month for handing out humble brag stellar jade from all the awards shows. Best tablet game, best story and best overall game from Google today apparently nets us....800 stellar jade.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

That's pretty good. I was kinda worried that Nikke would sweep the awards show

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

NeonPunk posted:

I have no idea how well Nikke is doing in the award shows, but I feel like that game might be too horny to win any

Kale
May 14, 2010

NeonPunk posted:

I have a friend that insists that's like the greatest game ever and dropped Genshin earlier this year to make it his main focus game on mobild, but he also says he wants to give HSR a second chance after seeing Silver Wolf, that her banners coming back in a week and insisting she looks cool. :shrug: It seems to have its merits in the long run but IMO its nowhere near as good as he insists and it also has that awful sort of online fanbase rhat with exactly one sex joke about the game. Its probably the 2nd biggest launch of the year on mobile though thanks to Tencent handling its global marketing. At one point it shared a Times Square ad with HSR even.

Also yeah HSR probably just barely meets what Western awards show runners are willing to stand by in terms of content while Nikke is well over the line. It got some regional awards in Korea though.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Shinji2015 posted:

I have no idea how well Nikke is doing in the award shows, but I feel like that game might be too horny to win any

Not even nominated for anything outside Korea yet I believe. It seems like yet another one of those mobile games whose future hinges almost entirely on the whims of Japan and where it seems to get the overwhelming share of its revenue from with Korea a distant second.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Best overall game, whatever, but how the hell does this game win best story? Although I guess I can assume that Arknights only won best Google Play game on PC because this game has its own PC client outside of Google Play.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
HSR has pretty broad mass appeal and charm, so it’s the only gacha game I’ve tried to get my normally non-terminally-online friends into.

I play Arknights and it has great stories, surpassing HSR when it gets rolling, but it’s still very much a “it’s time to read war and peace interspersed with depressing dying anime girls.jpg to a killer soundtrack” experience that appeals to a niche visual novel audience and that turns off people who aren’t down for reading long philosophical lectures delivered by catgirls.

Meanwhile star rail is a turn-based RPG with voice acting and whatnot where you’re hitting cool cutscenes within the first few hours and so it’s easier to be hooked by the story.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

coolusername posted:

HSR has pretty broad mass appeal and charm, so it’s the only gacha game I’ve tried to get my normally non-terminally-online friends into.

I play Arknights and it has great stories, surpassing HSR when it gets rolling, but it’s still very much a “it’s time to read war and peace interspersed with depressing dying anime girls.jpg to a killer soundtrack” experience that appeals to a niche visual novel audience and that turns off people who aren’t down for reading long philosophical lectures delivered by catgirls.

Meanwhile star rail is a turn-based RPG with voice acting and whatnot where you’re hitting cool cutscenes within the first few hours and so it’s easier to be hooked by the story.
Yeah, Star Rail is for people who are down for reading long philosophical lectures delivered by foxgirls.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I changed my mind about Argenti. Yes his kit has zero utility other than the megaton Ult, but that actually sounds kinda fun to build around and see how high I can get that damage number. His teams would just be him + sustain + 2 buffers, and I love all the harmony girls so that would be great for me. I also went in hard to get Kafka and Blade so I lack any of the other 5 star hypercarry DPS.

Dr. Ratio also got a little less interesting, so I'm pretty confident I can get all the characters from the next 2 banners and I can get saving for any must-haves after that, like Black Swan.