Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
What's with all these people who want Elon to be good because he is rich or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Every time Musk looks out to the audience to get their approval and gets nothing back, it warms my heart

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

drilldo squirt posted:

What's with all these people who want Elon to be good because he is rich or something?

a lot of people bet money or personal credibility on the man before realizing he's a clown

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

never bet on the integrity of a rich man or a boer

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

drilldo squirt posted:

elon has to be good because he's rich.

if he weren't good then how did he get rich????

these are the morals of capitalism

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

drilldo squirt posted:

Temporarily embarrassed billionaires ingratiating themselves in hopes that Daddy Elon will push the "Maximum Tweet Exposure Button" for them like I assume Ian Miles Chode and Catturd2(tm) have active.

Or yeah, mental gymnastics to support their confirmation bias because they bought into his snake oil.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

https://bsky.app/profile/mtsw.bsky.social/post/3kfehvg5a6m2v

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

drilldo squirt posted:

Because if the richest man in the world is an evident clown to everyone who sees him, people might start thinking something might be wrong with this whole 'capitalism' thing.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Perfect Stupid Newbie replacement, imo

"Are people laughing at my posts???"

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Has his twitter silence continued?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Also, he kind of looks like Buzz McCallister in that pic

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Further Reading posted:

Every time I see this clip get longer it gets even worse.

https://twitter.com/esjesjesj/status/1730015972180857289
A 2843 pages long fugue state. Yeah, i did notice.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Further Reading posted:

Has his twitter silence continued?

Huh. He can't not tweet.

Rehab?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

E the Shaggy posted:

Lex Fridman's toadying is legendary, even in hell:

https://x.com/lexfridman/status/1729897716128387133?s=20

lex is such a worthless dipshit. a liar and a fraud. lex fraudman, i guess.

sometimes i hate him more than elon, but then the musk man never disappoints.

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Huh. He can't not tweet.

Rehab?

Right before the interview it was pointed out that he seemed like he hadn't tweeted since deleting the pizzagate stuff. I wonder if like someone has taken his phone away and the meltdown was partly twitter withdrawal.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

ImpAtom posted:

It genuinely surprises me that a dude like Musk who is absolutely addicted to people liking him isn't willing to spend the (relative pittance) it would take to buy himself a near-infinite supply of goodwill by actually doing those things.

Like he doesn't have to care, it can be an entirely cynical "See, I'm a GOOD billionaire" thing, but it would take a fraction of a fraction of what he spent on Twitter to fix Flint while requiring literally nothing from him except him being smug about sending a check.

If you care that much about what people think about you and have access to effectively infinite money, it should be loving trivial to buy goodwill.

He doesn't HAVE the money to do that. People keep assuming that net worth = cash on hand and that's just not how it works. Especially in the case of someone like Elon whose net worth is dramatically overvalued. People read that Elon paid $44 billion for Twitter and they think he personally transferred that money or something, that's not how it works.

Yes he has extremely high borrowing power, but he doesn't have $44 billion sitting in a bank account somewhere. Banks/creditors are not going to afford him the same borrowing power to "fix Flint".

(Which is one of the many reasons the Twitter thing is so funny, his creditors are hosed)

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Bogus Adventure posted:

Perfect Stupid Newbie replacement, imo

"Are people laughing at my posts???"

don't give him the attention like that, he'd love it

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

toggle posted:

lex is such a worthless dipshit. a liar and a fraud. lex fraudman, i guess.

sometimes i hate him more than elon, but then the musk man never disappoints.

hes the guy who has some claim to slap MIT all over his brand but didnt actually go there, right?

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Lol, the richest man in the world* has gone so online that he doesn’t understand why he’s not getting the same reaction from a bunch of normal people at a business conference that he does when he tweets to his sycophant techbros.

* Don’t know if this is even accurate anymore but don’t care enough to look it up

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The APPLAUSE sign in the studio lights up, but the text has been replaced with "MASTERFUL GAMBIT, SIR" then it flicks off and on again and now it says "YOU ARE THE MEME MASTER, SIR"

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Renreeja posted:

hes the guy who has some claim to slap MIT all over his brand but didnt actually go there, right?

Yeah, he was a research affiliate at MIT. Not an actual lecturer. He never worked for MIT. The course he taught was a non-graded one during summer.
He did do a paper about self driving AI, but never shared out it for peer review, only shared it with journalists. He also twitter blocked any actual scientists questioning his work and research. A big ol piece a’poo poo.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

toggle posted:

Yeah, he was a research affiliate at MIT. Not an actual lecturer. He never worked for MIT. The course he taught was a non-graded one during summer.
He did do a paper about self driving AI, but never shared out it for peer review, only shared it with journalists. He also twitter blocked any actual scientists questioning his work and research. A big ol piece a’poo poo.

he's also a centrist with completely inscrutable politics

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

AlmightyBob posted:

his drat head is shaped like he cybertruck

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Maybe Jordan Peterson can help Elon get his house in order

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Decrepus posted:

Maybe Jordan Peterson can help Elon get his house in order

"Make your head"

Less Is Definitely
Jan 10, 2012
What a wild video to wake up to, Musk unhinged on stage, stammering and yelling at advertisers to gently caress themselves. This has to be it, right? This was the moment when the damage Musk did became irreversible and the Twitter/X platform was done for.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Less Is Definitely posted:

What a wild video to wake up to, Musk unhinged on stage, stammering and yelling at advertisers to gently caress themselves. This has to be it, right? This was the moment when the damage Musk did became irreversible and the Twitter/X platform was done for.

No. The tipping point was when he made the offer to buy it.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

an anti-woke nap

username

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I can't get over his petulant little tantrum about how "All the woke companies are going to KILL Twitter with their BOYCOTT! It's all THEIR fault! Everybody will see it's THEIR fault! It's not MY fault! I'm a good boy!!"

Like he thinks history will judge Disney and Apple poorly for "blackmailing" him ("we won't pay you unless you change your tune about the Jews" lmao yeah that's totally
what blackmail is) and will judge him well for speaking truth to power or some poo poo

The average person doesn't use Twitter and if they do they won't have noticed who's advertising and who's not. They'll just hear news stories about how companies have pulled advertising because Elon made antisemitic tweets, and they'll be like :shrug: when it finally shuts down

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Nov 30, 2023

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Less Is Definitely posted:

He's gonna be POTUS now.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Further Reading posted:

Every time I see this clip get longer it gets even worse.

https://twitter.com/esjesjesj/status/1730015972180857289

How he looks at the crowd in this clip and those sentences he's trying to say: you can see it from his eyes that he thinks everyone in the audience is on his side and the big bad ad men are in the process of destroying something beautiful.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
my favorite parts of the interview was the antagonistic / whine-y "well if you have a better answer then tell me"

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
I'm the world's most capitalist man

Wait, why are people exercising market choice!!? Unfair!!

freemandela
Apr 18, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

Elon bringing out The Brute

lol that's a deep cut

freemandela
Apr 18, 2007

Scientastic posted:

Every time Musk looks out to the audience to get their approval and gets nothing back, it warms my heart

it's loving beautiful how he does it like every other second

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Elon has a Kuato

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

maybeadracula posted:

I'm the world's most capitalist man

Wait, why are people exercising market choice!!? Unfair!!

this always kills me about these capitalist ghouls, as soon as they get hosed in a typical business manner they pretend other companies are the government

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It was like 10% shocked gasps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Turning a big dial that says BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS U and constantly looking back at the advertisers for approval like a contestant on the price is right