Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

ilitarist posted:

Origins sadly has a kind of level gating that can spoil your experience, you have to keep it in mind. Story might look as if the events happen one after another but oh whoops, you have to gain a couple of levels so go into a very specific zone on the map appropriate for your level and providing suitable challenge and rewards. Odyssey is better in that regard as all the low-level content gets upscaled and it never feels like stuff is no longer worth doing. Still it has enemies that will one-shot you just because there are few levels higher, and it's not thanks to better stats but additional buff enemies get for being higher level than you. Valhalla is better about level gating but worse about basically everything else.

I think these three games are the greatest in the series if you're concerned about tourism. There's also excellent Discovery Tour, a separate mode with lectures and info about the history of the place and creative decisions developers made, which makes you realize just how much stuff they've shoved into the game.

Fair enough; this is what I *don't* want. I remember Yahtzee talking about it in a ZP years ago. I don't think that specific leveling and so on is really part of the AC experience, and I think that the older style of game is more my cup of tea. Three games in Italy, one in France, one in Britain and one on a pirate ship with a Welshman is a lot of setting and a lot of stabby fun.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QR Code Geass
Oct 25, 2023

Oldstench posted:

AC Origins and Odyssey are really good games with great settings. The gameplay is perfect for when you want to just zone out and murder cpu baddies by the truckload. I never really got the backlash that the change in style from older AC to current gets, but then, I never really thought the old style was that remarkable to begin with. I like action games more than following someone around slowly, striking and running. I just picked up Valhalla on the Ubi sale and am pretty sure I'll like that one too. YMMV.

ACValiant posted:

There's a good bit of that for sure. Odyssey, which is my favorite of the RPG AC formula games, has a good balance of the setting/AC style stabbing/RPG nonsense. Valhalla goes too far into the nonsense for my tastes. Haven't played Mirage yet so can't comment on where lies on the spectrum.

That's where I'm at but that's because I never got into the AC games that preceded Origins. Just installed Mirage and am hoping it's like Prince of Persia the Sands of Time or something since it has such a more limited scope.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Chiming in to say Odyssey is an actual legit really good game, franchise be damned. I was shocked at how much I enjoyed it after not really liking any post-Black Flag games in the series.

I haven't played Origins or any of the newer ones but both me and the wife got really into Odyssey, and she doesn't really play games much. It's huge but it's well done.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
The voice actor for Kassandra in Odyssey did an incredible job. It’s a rare voice actor that can take a mediocre game and elevate it like that. Odyssey was a good time.

Valhalla had none of the charm and the same paper thin gameplay.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I was a bit stoked for valhalla as Iike the viking setting but it just sucked the fun out of everything while playing. The combat did a step back from odyssey, there was even less stuff to climb up on, the characters mostly sucked and most importantly the structure was absolute insanity. They kept unlocking parts of england for you to always do the same story parts in, with almost no mainline story progression in between. It was tedious and obviously just game length padding, utterly infuriating.

It did have some fun parts tho, the village upgrading kinda owned, but was similarily ruined with the inclusion of constant Microtransaction content. No ubisoft I do now want to buy the special armor of the frost puppy, gently caress you.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

Oldstench posted:

I never really got the backlash that the change in style from older AC to current gets, but then, I never really thought the old style was that remarkable to begin with. I like action games more than following someone around slowly, striking and running. I just picked up Valhalla on the Ubi sale and am pretty sure I'll like that one too. YMMV.

Personally, I disliked the change to more of an RPG because there's a variety of action RPG games, but if you liked early AC style games you basically had AC, Metal Gear and Hitman. There was practically nothing else. AC isn't really stealth anymore. Metal Gear is now dead. Thief is dead. Splinter Cell is dead. Tenchu has been long dead. System Shock sort of fits the bill, but is dead. Deus Ex also sort of fit, but went more action oriented. Dishonored kind of rides the line between stealth and action, and is also probably dead now. The Last of Us maybe, but I haven't had a console since the PS3/360 so I haven't played 2.

The genre is just a ghost town, and has been for a while. So I think it may have been just losing one of the few pillars of stealth gaming that made people mad.

On top of that, I just don't think I like the big open world games that much because of the whole 10 miles wide, 1 inch deep thing someone mentioned about Starfield.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

ZombieApostate posted:

Metal Gear is now dead.
MGS3 remake is in development. Lord knows how well that will go, though.

ZombieApostate posted:

Splinter Cell is dead.
Ubisoft is currently working on a ground-up remake/modernized revising of the original game.

ZombieApostate posted:

Tenchu has been long dead.
From Software and Activision started on a new Tenchu project a few years ago, but it gradually evolved into something else and was eventually released as Sekiro.

ZombieApostate posted:

System Shock sort of fits the bill, but is dead.
SS1 remake came out this year and was a big success. Sequel rights to make SS3 etc. are kind of floating around (I think Tencent had them most recently) so who knows what will come of it...

ZombieApostate posted:

Dishonored kind of rides the line between stealth and action, and is also probably dead now.
Poorly-redacted documents during the Microsoft/Activision vs. FTC nonsense revealed that a Dishonored 3 was in some form of development before the pandemic.

This also doesn't count the various indie takes that are emerging, like Gloomwood, No Sun To Worship, etc.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
It might not quite fit the bill because it's kind of an isometric turn-based stealth game, but Invisible Inc was good. I think a goon may have worked on it also?

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011

I want to play Sekiro because I love From Software, but haven't yet, and my impression was that it was much more on the action side.

Citing rumors and remakes of games I've already played doesn't fill me with a lot of hope, though.

I hadn't heard of Gloomwood or No Sun To Worship, so thank you for that. I wish Gloomwood wasn't trying to ape early Thief's aesthetic so hard, though, cause I don't think it's aged well. No Sun To Worship looks like they are trying to ape MGS1's look, and somehow it looks great, but it's supposedly only an hour long. Added both of them to my wishlist.

I know there's also Aragami, but it just didn't grab me, so I didn't mention it before.

Just griping about how bare the cupboards feel, basically.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

ZombieApostate posted:

I hadn't heard of Gloomwood or No Sun To Worship, so thank you for that. I wish Gloomwood wasn't trying to ape early Thief's aesthetic so hard, though, cause I don't think it's aged well. No Sun To Worship looks like they are trying to ape MGS1's look, and somehow it looks great, but it's supposedly only an hour long. Added both of them to my wishlist.

I know there's also Aragami, but it just didn't grab me, so I didn't mention it before.

Just griping about how bare the cupboards feel, basically.
There seems to be a gradual thawing by indies towards the "immersive sim" subgenre (think thief, deus ex etc.), even with the curse looming over it that bankrupts every studio that makes a thing in it. I suspect you'll see a little more in that area as tools and developers mature and their eyes get bigger than their bellies.

Pretty much all genres are cyclical, you've seen retro-style FPSes have their time in the sun and it looks like RTSes are coming back around with Age of Empires getting first-party support and Stormgate looming. I wouldn't be too shocked if stealthy games were next up on the docket.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist

ZombieApostate posted:

Personally, I disliked the change to more of an RPG because there's a variety of action RPG games, but if you liked early AC style games you basically had AC, Metal Gear and Hitman. There was practically nothing else. AC isn't really stealth anymore.

I find this kind of post amusing cause it feels like the opposite is true to me. AC wasn't really a stealth game before Origins. It had highly scripted stealth missions resembling poorly-made stealth sequences in action games that were a staple of the genre for a long time. Stealth was so alien to the formula that games forced you to do stealth by gameover-ing you for being spotted, because you didn't play as an assassin, you played as an angel of death who could murder thousands using simple attack or using any of instakill gadgets from their inventory. Origins and Odyssey were the only games in the franchise where I was incentivised to rely on stealth by the game mechanics. Instead of having dozens of gadgets allowing to effectively skip any stealth challenge you have to vary your approach in Origins/Odyssey. They didn't have gimmicky missions (I think every game in the series has one special mission with so-called "social stealth" where you must use crowds of people instead of bushes) and you can say that the stealth in these games is more like your usual open-world game that allows for stealth. But I'd say that it's because AC, Metal Gear, Hitman and immersive sims have influenced the open world genre and gave it a lot of their DNA.

With modern Hitmans being the best the series has ever been and half of open world games trying to be immersive sims I don't see reasons for concern. It's a little bit sad that Deus Ex series and Arcane seem to be sidetracked so you don't see a lot of pure immersive sims nowadays, and a few years back it looked a it more optimistic, but in late 2000's when AC, Metal Gear and Hitman were all you had the genre was in much worse place than it is today.

I'm sorry if it sounded like "your taste is wrong!", I agree that newer AC games have a different approach to stealth and it might be something entirely different from what you want. I'm still optimistic about the genre as both the indie and AAA industry is very interested in the genre if you define the genre as a game that StealthGamerBR would make a video about.

ilitarist fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Nov 30, 2023

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011

ilitarist posted:

I'm sorry if it sounded like "your taste is wrong!", I agree that newer AC games have a different approach to stealth and it might be something entirely different from what you want. I'm still optimistic about the genre as both the indie and AAA industry is very interested in the genre if you define the genre as a game that StealthGamerBR would make a video about.

It was kind of threatening to come across that way until you pointed it out, now what am I supposed to get mad about :mad:

That might be part of why I am that weirdo that likes AC1 more than the rest of the series. You didn't even have the gadgets to rely on yet. That first appeared in AC2 and I thought the series got progressively more gimmicky as it went along (although I skipped over everything between AC2 and Black Flag) until Origins, which I can see why people like it as a game in a vacuum, but the RPG elements kind of minimized the point of stealth, I guess? Even if you managed to stealth your way to your target, your stealth attack just did a chunk of damage to start the boss fight, so why bother? To me, that just makes it a different genre entirely from where it started.

Also, I feel like a game over for being spotted is generally an artifact of a mini-game in a non-stealth game. I wouldn't call Shadow of Rome a stealth game because of the sections where you play as Octavianus, for example. AC1, Hitman, Metal Gear, Tenchu, etc, if you get spotted, your situation gets decidedly worse, and your best option is usually to run and hide until the heat dies down. Origins onward, the stealth is mostly a prelude to getting spotted and/or going full murder hobo. I think that's the main distinction for me, personally, anyway.

And a lot of this is just me lamenting that I think having stealth elements in other games just dilutes it too far to be what I'm looking for. That doesn't make them bad games or anything (Ubisoft rehashing the same stale open world formula 15 times in a row makes them bad :colbert:). I just miss having a game once in a while where stealth was the primary focus.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist

ZombieApostate posted:

Even if you managed to stealth your way to your target, your stealth attack just did a chunk of damage to start the boss fight, so why bother? To me, that just makes it a different genre entirely from where it started.

This is true, especially when you consider the way high level enemies are beefed up - if you see a skull you should know that the game just doesn't want you to be there at all. However while this is no OK by any means it still provides great stealth experience in Origins and especially Odyssey. In Odyssey, you can build the character so that you still one-shot everyone from stealth, but even if you are not built for that you can still kill weaker enemies preparing for a confrontation that would be much easier. In previous games you didn't need to do that cause you could just kill everybody, and in Origins/Odyssey you can get swarmed. I think what this game wants to evoke are these story missions where assassination doesn't get through and you have an open fight, and for such "boss" enemies your assassination stats only prepare the prey for the kill. Plus quite often your goal doesn't involve murder at all but rather stealing something. I like the new approach a lot and I worry plenty of people can hear that new games are just RPGs and miss a game they might've enjoyed.

You are of course right that stealth is not primary focus there the way it is in Hitman or other games like that. Stealth is much more important in these games than in most AC games because you can't take on enemy stronghold the way you can in most AC games, but it's not a part of the core fantasy these games sell now.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

ZombieApostate posted:

I want to play Sekiro because I love From Software, but haven't yet, and my impression was that it was much more on the action side.

Sekiro is barely a genre change, and if you love the Souls games you'll love it too. It still has the feel of one, with very familiar level design, encounters, healing system, etc. They removed stamina, the character stats, and equipping melee weapons and armor. They added a parry and poise system for deflecting attacks and getting a deathblow on the enemies. They added a much more sophisticated stealth system. Movement is also improved to appropriate levels of ninja.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Son of Rodney posted:

I was a bit stoked for valhalla as Iike the viking setting but it just sucked the fun out of everything while playing. The characters mostly sucked and most importantly the structure was absolute insanity. They kept unlocking parts of england for you to always do the same story parts in, with almost no mainline story progression in between. It was tedious and obviously just game length padding, utterly infuriating.

It did have some fun parts tho, the village upgrading kinda owned, but was similarily ruined with the inclusion of constant Microtransaction content. No ubisoft I do now want to buy the special armor of the frost puppy, gently caress you.

I never had that experience with a game before like i did with Valhalla; where i go in, enjoy it and then suddenly i just get overwhelmed with boredom, dunno how to explain it. But i litterally just stopped playing one day and uninstalled it without really being able to put my finger on why i felt like that. But you did, so thanks!

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
So any free games come out today or nah

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

ZombieApostate posted:

It's much more modular than other Soulsborne games. The levels and enemy placements are designed for stealth. You can't just run into a group and fight and expect to win, you'll get pulvarized. Everyone's approach to games are different, but a lot of my playstyle involved sneaking up on enemies and taking them down one at a time and leave the combat for bigger enemies. Levels have a lot of vertical design and you use a grappling hook a lot to get around or set yourself up for a sneak attack. The combat is heavily focused on parry and poise, so even that feels more methodical than other Souls games.

My weak analogy is the Batman Arkham games, where you could do a minimal amount of stealth in a playthrough and just punch your way to the end, or you could play the entire game as a stealth game outside of boss battles.

Sekiro is fun and good and has a lot of opportunity for stealth. You should play it.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Sekiro is divisive and get it cheap because some people like myself love the souls series and loathe Sekiro. Hopefully you like it too. L

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

tokin opposition posted:

So any free games come out today or nah

jitsu squad and mighty fight federation on epic

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

GyverMac posted:

I never had that experience with a game before like i did with Valhalla; where i go in, enjoy it and then suddenly i just get overwhelmed with boredom, dunno how to explain it. But i litterally just stopped playing one day and uninstalled it without really being able to put my finger on why i felt like that. But you did, so thanks!

Yeah, I was super pumped for it, having enjoyed Odyssey a ton, but... It was such a weird feeling, having a lot of fun at first, and then having so much to do that playing the game started to feel like WoW or other MMOs did, where I was playing because I felt obligated to clear everything. No shade on people who like the game, but it does feel good to know I'm not alone in this.

Weirdly, this did push me to check out some of the older games, and I really enjoyed AC2 and its sequels, as well as Origin, Syndicate, and Unity immensely, though the newer games are absolutely a different beast from the older ones. Not good or bad, just different, and I can see how folks could dislike one or the other styles of play.

ACValiant
Sep 7, 2005

Huh...? Oh, this? Nah, don't worry. Just in the middle of some messy business.

Franchescanado posted:

It's much more modular than other Soulsborne games. The levels and enemy placements are designed for stealth. You can't just run into a group and fight and expect to win, you'll get pulvarized. Everyone's approach to games are different, but a lot of my playstyle involved sneaking up on enemies and taking them down one at a time and leave the combat for bigger enemies. Levels have a lot of vertical design and you use a grappling hook a lot to get around or set yourself up for a sneak attack. The combat is heavily focused on parry and poise, so even that feels more methodical than other Souls games.

My weak analogy is the Batman Arkham games, where you could do a minimal amount of stealth in a playthrough and just punch your way to the end, or you could play the entire game as a stealth game outside of boss battles.

Sekiro is fun and good and has a lot of opportunity for stealth. You should play it.

I loved Sekiro but I have a weird take on it. It's much more akin to a rhythm game more than an "action" game because of the parry system. Once you learn the "rhythm" of an enemies attacks you then parry on those beats and that's how all the fights work out. Jump on the sword lunge, parry, parry, wait, parry, big damage move when their posture meter breaks. I love it but I see why folks are not into it who are normally all about From Soft stuff.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Yeah there is a lot of like, stealth stuff you can do in Sekiro but I don't know that I'd call it a stealth game per se. The getting-between-levels stuff tends to involve you skulking around to hopefully murder dudes one at a time, since you're at a disadvantage when you're outnumbered, but there's no point where you usually want to actually like, stealth around an entire section or whatever. And the bosses are just outright Fromsoft - I actually prefer them to their other games for the noted rhythm (and more or less rock paper scissors specials) combat, but it's also incredibly hard. If you like the Fromsoft game loop of

"oh god I suck" -> "I think I get it?" -> "Ok I definitely get it." -> "I am god" -> massive difficulty spike requiring new tactics -> "oh god I suck" ... etc

...you'll love it. Otherwise, it's probably gonna drive you nuts. I mean it might even drive you nuts then, some bosses are just real bastards.

Estel
May 4, 2010

ACValiant posted:

I loved Sekiro but I have a weird take on it. It's much more akin to a rhythm game more than an "action" game because of the parry system. Once you learn the "rhythm" of an enemies attacks you then parry on those beats and that's how all the fights work out. Jump on the sword lunge, parry, parry, wait, parry, big damage move when their posture meter breaks. I love it but I see why folks are not into it who are normally all about From Soft stuff.

Yeah, Sekiro is definitely a rhythm game, once you have "solved" an enemy's rhythm it's just a matter of perfecting the sequence of movements to defeat it. That is why there are people beating the game blind, blind here meaning blindfolded.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Amazon Prime poo poo for December

Dec 7: Deathloop (EGS)
Dec 14: Akka Arrh, Aground, SeaOrama: World of Shipping
Dec 21: Kombinera (EGS)
Dec 28: A Tiny Sticker Tale, Asteroids Recharged (EGS)

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

ZombieApostate posted:

Personally, I disliked the change to more of an RPG because there's a variety of action RPG games, but if you liked early AC style games you basically had AC, Metal Gear and Hitman. There was practically nothing else. AC isn't really stealth anymore. Metal Gear is now dead. Thief is dead. Splinter Cell is dead. Tenchu has been long dead. System Shock sort of fits the bill, but is dead. Deus Ex also sort of fit, but went more action oriented. Dishonored kind of rides the line between stealth and action, and is also probably dead now. The Last of Us maybe, but I haven't had a console since the PS3/360 so I haven't played 2.

The genre is just a ghost town, and has been for a while. So I think it may have been just losing one of the few pillars of stealth gaming that made people mad.

On top of that, I just don't think I like the big open world games that much because of the whole 10 miles wide, 1 inch deep thing someone mentioned about Starfield.

I miss Tenchu too, but I would add someone mentioned the SS1 remake this year and the SS2 enhanced edition is coming soon.

ACValiant
Sep 7, 2005

Huh...? Oh, this? Nah, don't worry. Just in the middle of some messy business.

Estel posted:

Yeah, Sekiro is definitely a rhythm game, once you have "solved" an enemy's rhythm it's just a matter of perfecting the sequence of movements to defeat it. That is why there are people beating the game blind, blind here meaning blindfolded.

I haven't seen these but that sounds awesome.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
To me the companion piece to Sekiro is Metal Gear Rising.

Estel
May 4, 2010

ACValiant posted:

I haven't seen these but that sounds awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgKi4yD3wYc

This is one and I think someone else did it at the AGDQ charity marathon last year.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Gigabash and Predecessor are free on Epic Games. Looks like the big holiday season giveaways might begin next week too.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
if you have amazon prime, Deathloop is up now

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
They are definitely going to give away all the giant games people want this year.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

GyverMac posted:

It turns out I had a similar experience with Syndicate, because I guess it was free on Epic back in February 2020 and it started me right back up at where I got bored/distracted, near the end of the first mission before getting to London lmao

(Then I played through 'til running into Charles Dickens in the road and went "ugh" and stopped playing again)

stringless fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Dec 7, 2023

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Cojawfee posted:

They are definitely going to give away all the giant games people want this year.

I've been surprised a few years but I imagine mostly trash this year. They have to be losing so much money.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

nitsuga posted:

Gigabash and Predecessor are free on Epic Games. Looks like the big holiday season giveaways might begin next week too.

Are these any good? I don't really play online games, and I don't really get what Predecessor is. I haven't had time to watch anything on YouTube about it, either.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Suburban Dad posted:

I've been surprised a few years but I imagine mostly trash this year. They have to be losing so much money.

lego fortnite is popping off so maybe that'll keep the cash flowing for a bit longer

2.2 million concurrent players right now :eyepop:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Franchescanado posted:

Are these any good? I don't really play online games, and I don't really get what Predecessor is. I haven't had time to watch anything on YouTube about it, either.

Gigabash is a 4 player brawler that's competent but not anything unique or amazing. Worth trying a couple rounds of local multiplayer if you have friends over. There's also a singleplayer mode but I didn't touch it.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

FFT posted:

It turns out I had a similar experience with Syndicate, because I guess it was free on Epic back in February 2020 and it started me right back up at where I got bored/distracted, near the end of the first mission before getting to London lmao

(Then I played through 'til running into Charles Dickens in the road and went "ugh" and stopped playing again)
If you meet Charles Dickens in the road, kill him.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There'll probably just be one really big game from a year or two ago at Christmas

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

https://nogravitygames.com/switchmas-wonderland/

Free games on switch again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Suburban Dad posted:

It's publicly documented that Epic is currently in a money-losing position, even with the money hose that is Fortnite, due to how much they threw at their store to reach for the impossible dream of a 50% grip on the PC gaming market. Hence their laying like 900 people off and selling off Bandcamp a couple of months ago.