Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

I'm gonna need that slam tag since it's basically only what I listen to now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Visions of Valerie posted:

I'm not thrilled about legibility at this size due to video effects. Someone with more skills than me could probably assemble a gif from ~5 frames and timing, or maybe it'd have to be done from scratch, I dunno

this rules, but needs more hammers 🔨🔨🔨

i'm willing to pay someone to work on it if we can get it to actually be applied. sa-mart? creative convention? mods?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

The Kins posted:

Very heartening to see a band that's been going for five decades still able to rip to this extent.

On that note, just a general PSA/reminder that there's also a new Cirith Ungol album out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sw_tliDr0U

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Looks like these dudes formed in 1990 and it shows cause the album fucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfctim8WbsY

also whoah this is massive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft69xn24AWA

ThePopeOfFun fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Nov 30, 2023

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

BrainBath is worth a double post. filthy dm. they're on the same label as Malediction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZFIkOgD8xY

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Nordick posted:

On that note, just a general PSA/reminder that there's also a new Cirith Ungol album out

Now there's a name I haven't heard in many moons.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

every time they come up, my buddy points out how "Cirith Ungol is nerdy enough to know the name, but not enough to know how to pronounce it, or know that it's not the tower of fire."

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Visions of Valerie posted:

I'm not thrilled about legibility at this size due to video effects. Someone with more skills than me could probably assemble a gif from ~5 frames and timing, or maybe it'd have to be done from scratch, I dunno

this owns

ThePopeOfFun posted:

slam doesn't care about legibility or being able to legib

CRIP EATIN BREAD fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Nov 30, 2023

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Right so its that time of the year. Spotify told me my top 3 favorite bands are Twilight Force, Blind Guardian and Helloween.

I'm also in the top 1% of Twilight Force fans on spotify so I got a special thank you video by some guy from the band wearing a hooded robe and holding a magic staff

So yeah, that's what's what I guess. I'm officially 9 years old

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
drat how many artists got to do the Spotify thank you message if you can get one from Twilight Force?

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Henchman of Santa posted:

drat how many artists got to do the Spotify thank you message if you can get one from Twilight Force?

I was thinking the ones doing it must be the ones who are really, really thirsty

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I got Sleater-Kinney for mine and my girlfriend got Elton John. Someone I know who nannies got a message from The Wiggles lol.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Queens of the Stone Age here

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Such dignified choices, good for you!

GF got Karma to Burn top 2% but no message from them. Fuckin A, they don't even have a vocalist lol

Come on keep em coming goons, everyone wants to know what your top artist was on Spotify, and if you made it to the top 1% of their fanbase

Don't worry, if its not Twilight Force you can make up for it next year

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Carcass, top 0.5%. pwnd

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

That's heavy as gently caress.

Holy loving poo poo this just in, some girl I know got top 0.05% of Muse fanbase

How cool is that

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Nov 30, 2023

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i dont use spotify but my top 3 artists in 2023 according to last.fm is Conservative Military Image, Notorious BIG and Curta'n Wall so I don't think it was properly capturing everything.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

my spotify top this year was a bunch of 80s thrash, mastodon, and death cause that makes up most of my playlist of metal songs i know on the guitar and i threw that on daily for months so my top band this year was metallica

number 2 was pest control because it's always nice to have a banger crossover thrash album that's 20 minutes to toss on whenever and i did that a lot

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
My Spotify top artist is Toto from my daughter playing Africa and Rosanna from her Echo Show half a dozen times every day for the past six months

Vulture Culture fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Nov 30, 2023

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Wrapped is dumb for me because I’m always doing some sort of listening project or using shuffle rather than putting stuff on because I feel like it. My top artist was Rush because there was a week where I listened to five of their mediocre later career albums. My top song was played four times.

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell
I got Spotify message from Ayreon, that dude looks old nowadays

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I got Anders walking through a forest with a stuffy nose going "yaaa hey guys *sniff*, thanks so much for supporting In Flames and loving the new album" so that was pretty funny. I did most of my listening through bandcamp and musicbee so I'll have a better idea of how my year went when I take a look in December

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
its funny to think about these artists making a total of $17.23 in spotify streaming royalties for the year sending out thank you messages.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

My apple music recap for the year was Ghost, The Damned and Cradle of Filth for top 3 and Nightwish and Katatonia taking 4/5.

I guess I listened to that new Ghost album a lot more than I thought I did.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

its funny to think about these artists making a total of $17.23 in spotify streaming royalties for the year sending out thank you messages.

i mean its more about a connection to the fans and the people that buy tickets and merch, spotify should be destroyed but its not like there is an actual alternative right now beyond bandcamp

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

And bandcamp is being slowly destroyed. We're not seeing any effects yet but I got this bad feeling it's coming.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I tried to look up my most played songs this year in iTunes and all I can see is my most played ever…which still includes all of the songs that got me through a bad breakup like a decade ago! Jesus Christ how many times did I listen to those songs lol.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Vulture Culture posted:

My Spotify top artist is Toto from my daughter playing Africa and Rosanna from her Echo Show half a dozen times every day for the past six months

yeah my wrapped has slowly become "what do my kids like" as my youngest one started to learn to use the Echo speakers on his own this year too. In previous years I've had great top 5s like "1. Elmo 2. Raffi 3. Pig Destroyer" so on and so forth. This year my daughter & wife conspired to get Taylor Swift & Guster up there among the kids hits, like Parry Gripp, Bluey & Owl City

Even in my 2023 Playlist I need to get down like 40 songs to find some Mil-Spec (two songs), Dear Hunter (1) and Knocked Loose (1)

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
For the thirtieth straight year, my top artist was Bad Religion (0.5%), but I only got a video from Metallica. Well, Robert and Kirk. Lars and James probably had better things to do.

I have to see that Twilight Force thank you video 🙏

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I apologize for nothing

Interestingly my top song was from Blood Ceremony, who weren't even in my top five. They were up there though, new album kicks rear end.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Chat Pile top .01%, and a Rob Halford thank you.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Henchman of Santa posted:

My one track on Spotify just went live a week or so ago and I had the option to send a thank you message to my zero listeners

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Top 0,05% JM Jarre listener. My two year old daughter sleeps on the Oxygene album every single day, twice.

Edit
Got videomessages from Baroness, Tech N9ne and Jedi Mind Tricks lol

Monstaland fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Nov 30, 2023

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i dont use spotify but my top 3 artists in 2023 according to last.fm is Conservative Military Image, Notorious BIG and Curta'n Wall so I don't think it was properly capturing everything.

Curta'n Wall / Old Nick kicks rear end

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Robert Facepalmer posted:

Chat Pile top .01%, and a Rob Halford thank you.

Very, very jealous!

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Deafheaven/Touche Amore in Chicago was an amazing show, probably my two favorite current bands (alongside Full of Hell) so a dream come true for me personally, and a full circle moment as I was originally introduced to Deafheaven when my buddy spontaneously invited me to the original Sunbather tour. Plus I scored Shiv Mehra's pick.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I got a personal message from Katatonia!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Apple does an “at home” version of this. Fuggin love me some Wharflurch.

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...
Don't spotify, but last.fm so far says Katatonia, Blut Aus Nord, Rosetta, Рожь, and Wolves in the Throne Room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Snowy posted:

My one track on Spotify just went live a week or so ago and I had the option to send a thank you message to my zero listeners

Post that poo poo.