Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I mean he won, he did evil and died rich as hell for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

been sayin this

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The Peccadillo posted:

he pooed and peed himself and died in great agony

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Sometimes spite is all we got for the fuckers who get what they want done did

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

The Peccadillo posted:

You're not wrong, but we should still celebrate because soon enough the ghouls won't even do us the final favor of dying.

They'll hang around hooked to billion-dollar support engines or have their minds poorly scanned by Elon so we have to suffer KissingerGPT directing policy for millenia.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

The Peccadillo posted:

drat bro tell me something I don’t know.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Miserable rear end goons can’t celebrate or feel anything

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

The Peccadillo posted:

I feel like I've seen this take more often in recent years and while I understand it, first of all, ya gotta read the room and not be a party pooper.
But, I also think that when you're a person who "does evil and gets rich as hell from it," the ultimate dream of all these guys is that they are going to somehow spin that material gain into something that can overcome or outlast the physical body. Whether that's philanthropy or building statues of themselves or even these SF valley freaks that want to literally try to beat death and live forever, they are all terrified at the prospect of not being around anymore. And when a piece of poo poo lives to be 100, it's easy to buy into that myth that he literally has some way to transmute wealth or evil into the extension of life. But he doesn't, he didn't, he was just a frail old man who probably lived the last thirty/fourty years with the same horrible aches that every old person has. They are not bigger than the laws of this universe and it is useful to remember that sometimes, and take joy in that.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Also, if you celebrate loud enough then there's a better chance the future Kissingers of the world will be afraid of having *this* happen when they die. It's obviously too late for the current Kissingers, the Clintons and Trumps and such, Obama is going to put out his yearly summertime music playlist for all eternity.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

The Peccadillo posted:

ah ok instead of being happy for a few moments i will instead suppress that joy and instead glower all day

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Chakan posted:

the future Kissingers of the world will be afraid of having *this* happen when they die.

I'm sorry but I don't think they are afraid of posts

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Breadallelogram posted:

Thank you captain obvious

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

ah ok instead of being happy for a few moments i will instead suppress that joy and instead glower all day

That dog frisbee comic but with “NO. NO CONTENTMENT, ONLY SUFFERING”

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Breadallelogram posted:

it's not the posts on SA, it's the write-up in Rolling Stones that will upset them. Also, they all care so much about twitter so seeing RIP BOZO trending probably matters.

I'm not stupid, I don't think the next Kissinger will grow a moral compass upon seeing everyone celebrate his death. But I do believe that if you celebrate the death of Kissinger then people will notice, and a lot of them

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

philanthropy or building statues of themselves or even these SF valley freaks that want to literally try to beat death and live forever, they are all terrified at the prospect of not being around anymore.

yeah. There's no statues of Kissinger that will last.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Chakan posted:

it's not the posts on SA, it's the write-up in Rolling Stones that will upset them. Also, they all care so much about twitter so seeing RIP BOZO trending probably matters.

I'm not stupid, I don't think the next Kissinger will grow a moral compass upon seeing everyone celebrate his death. But I do believe that if you celebrate the death of Kissinger then people will notice, and a lot of them

yeah. There's no statues of Kissinger that will last.

posting is not praxis

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Slanderer posted:

posting is not praxis

yeah, they're not saying that it is

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Rolling Stone articles are just posts in my opinion

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
yeah but who gives a poo poo if people are receptive of the narrative changing regarding a high profile figure like that you take advantage of it and spread information

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
the purpose of a moment like this imo is to get someone who is uninformed to ask you "wait, why was this guy bad?" not to like argue with a lib on twitter who is already dug in about what they believe.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Chakan posted:

Also, if you celebrate loud enough then there's a better chance the future Kissingers of the world will be afraid of having *this* happen when they die. It's obviously too late for the current Kissingers, the Clintons and Trumps and such, Obama is going to put out his yearly summertime music playlist for all eternity.

exactly. there should be parades

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

the purpose of a moment like this imo is to get someone who is uninformed to ask you "wait, why was this guy bad?" not to like argue with a lib on twitter who is already dug in about what they believe.

exactly. there should be parades

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

I'm glad Kissinger died and I hope GWB dies choking on a pretzel tomorrow.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
This is the start of a vibe shift.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

COPE 27 posted:

I'm glad Kissinger died and I hope GWB dies choking on a pretzel tomorrow.

What the gently caress did G. W. Bailey do to you??

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Slanderer posted:

posting is not praxis

You can't read.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Chakan posted:

The death of Kissinger feels like part of the end of an age of great word-historical monsters. Even Hillary Clinton, who you could call the "architect" of atrocities and regime changes, is basically just a celebrity sellout like Obama. I don't know of anyone among the Harris/Buttigieg/Warren/whoever cohort with the kind of vision to be as diabolically evil as Kissinger. The imps are in charge. Not a future Kissinger among them, I hope.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Halloween Jack posted:

The death of Kissinger feels like part of the end of an age of great word-historical monsters. Even Hillary Clinton, who you could call the "architect" of atrocities and regime changes, is basically just a celebrity sellout like Obama. I don't know of anyone among the Harris/Buttigieg/Warren/whoever cohort with the kind of vision to be as diabolically evil as Kissinger. The imps are in charge. Not a future Kissinger among them, I hope.
Dick Cheney is up there for me and somehow still with us

I think Kissinger was one of the last of the Nixon psychos besides Cheney

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Bismarck (who was also a shothead) famously warned in his deathbed that the flathead generals and fanatics on the rise in Germany after he was sideline were going to gently caress things up in a couple of decades.

Kissinger died watching his intellectual spawn eat the foundations of the so-caled rules based order sham he worked so hard to erect and all he had to say was "Go harder, my little rats. Hate more on immigrants! That's the ticket."

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
ya know you can just celebrate his death because it makes you happy and not spin a bunch of bullshit about how "oh no see its praxis actually because it gets people asking questions and thats how you change the culture so that they too can be stonewalled by power resolutely ignoring popular mandate"

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://x.com/basicbishopnz/status/1730053848159633537?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I think its funny, myself.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr. Grinch posted:

ya know you can just celebrate his death because it makes you happy and not spin a bunch of bullshit about how "oh no see its praxis actually because it gets people asking questions and thats how you change the culture so that they too can be stonewalled by power resolutely ignoring popular mandate"

thanks for your permission

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
how many people in this thread have used the word "praxis" to say anything other than "posting is not praxis"? who are you even talking to?

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Here's the canonical list of things that are praxis, anything else isn't

https://twitter.com/whysimonewhy/status/1143280089133699072?s=20

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Praxis is a supergroup featuring Buckethead and Bootsy Collins.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

you know how you get to Carnegie Hall, don't you? praxis.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

I feel like I've seen this take more often in recent years and while I understand it, first of all, ya gotta read the room and not be a party pooper.
But, I also think that when you're a person who "does evil and gets rich as hell from it," the ultimate dream of all these guys is that they are going to somehow spin that material gain into something that can overcome or outlast the physical body. Whether that's philanthropy or building statues of themselves or even these SF valley freaks that want to literally try to beat death and live forever, they are all terrified at the prospect of not being around anymore. And when a piece of poo poo lives to be 100, it's easy to buy into that myth that he literally has some way to transmute wealth or evil into the extension of life. But he doesn't, he didn't, he was just a frail old man who probably lived the last thirty/fourty years with the same horrible aches that every old person has. They are not bigger than the laws of this universe and it is useful to remember that sometimes, and take joy in that.

I would argue that kissenger does actually leave a bit of a legacy behind. More hosed up and monumental than any statue

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Dec 1, 2023

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

The Peccadillo posted:

I would argue that kissenger does actually leave a bit of a legacy behind. More hosed up and monumental than any statue

if you wanna remove what I'm saying from the context of responding to a specific poster and read it as literally as possible i guess i could see how you could come to the conclusion that i was saying "henry kissinger had no effect on the world" but i still think it's a really dumb interpretation of what I was saying

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Everyone posting in this thread is my enemy and I will correct each of you in turn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

how many people in this thread have used the word "praxis" to say anything other than "posting is not praxis"? who are you even talking to?

I wanted to learn how to play the guitar but I never made time to praxis.