Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1730052603952721967?t=ZOcF_ItDwUHHrfiH6N8Elg&s=19

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Naz Reid for threeeeeeeeeeee

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/WillGuillory/status/1730067632705962205?s=20

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu

????
zion got blocked, he was 11-12 according to espn and nba.com

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Giggs posted:

????
zion got blocked, he was 11-12 according to espn and nba.com

Q4:

11:44 MISS Z. Williamson 9' driving Layup - blocked

edit: Yes!

Don't know when the nba vids of each play go up watchable. Maybe it was a judgment call that got overturned?

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu

Athanatos posted:

Q4:

yeah thats what i'm saying, he didn't go 11-11 he went 11-12

or am i having a brain fart

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Nestled in the woods there are three small cottages built by Sky Cave Retreats, which runs "darkness retreats." People are left alone in a room with basic necessities — food, water, a bathroom and a bed— but they are alone, in darkness, for days, cut off from the outside world. Gobert, who meditates frequently on his own, entered a small door that led to a room underground, where he spent the next 64 hours: three nights and two days. He spent a lot of time pondering the Wolves' defense. A few weeks after Gobert's retreat, he returned to Minnesota and had dinner with Finch. "I told him about everything that was in my mind."

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Giggs posted:

yeah thats what i'm saying, he didn't go 11-11 he went 11-12

or am i having a brain fart

Just checked, Zion drives to the elbow and he kinda starts a shot...sorta...but the ball gets tapped away and goes way in the air and out of bounds.

Announcers still call him 10/10 after it.

Official scorer changed it to block at some point.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Athanatos posted:

Q4:

edit: Yes!

Don't know when the nba vids of each play go up watchable. Maybe it was a judgment call that got overturned?

Yeah it was a deflection that was counted as a block, apparently. The tv camera angle was bad so it could have gone either way.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
This was the play

https://x.com/WillGuillory/status/1730074540514947530?s=20

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Nuggets starting 5 tonight combined for 32 assists, 0 turnovers

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/DuaneRankin/status/1730079815942758559

Bol Bol time.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
D’Angelo Russell is the first player in NBA history to have at least 35+ PTS/ 5+ AST/ 3+ BLK/ 5+ 3P/ 75+ FG% in a game while dating my daughter (over my dead body) who is a mortuary assistant born on February 31st and in this house we eat science

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i always say exactly 14 people could score 30+ pts on perfect shooting and Not A Single One More

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Gary payton jr had that warriors champ season and the tank season. Probably will never come close to those two. Warriors role playing legend.

Lesson to young ballers

Do not play defense. It gets you hurt. Check out rob williams if you dont believe me.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Rick posted:

D’Angelo Russell is the first player in NBA history to have at least 35+ PTS/ 5+ AST/ 3+ BLK/ 5+ 3P/ 75+ FG% in a game while dating my daughter (over my dead body) who is a mortuary assistant born on February 31st and in this house we eat science

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
DLO not having the self awareness to know how cruel it is to do that to the Pistons is on brand.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Stats should be awarded by 10s. A 35/5/6/153/whatever game pales in comparison to 20/10. And holy poo poo if you get 10 blocks too.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Doltos posted:

Stats should be awarded by 10s. A 35/5/6/153/whatever game pales in comparison to 20/10. And holy poo poo if you get 10 blocks too.

Steals and blocks should count by 5s but count double for each additional five.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

today I learned Gary Payton II is 30. that injury is probably going to be even tougher for him to recover from, right?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

WhyteRyce posted:

today I learned Gary Payton II is 30. that injury is probably going to be even tougher for him to recover from, right?

I'm reading torn right calf? Could mean a lot of things. Probably less of a concern with how long he''d be ouyt and more of a concern that the next injury is going to be more likely and more severe.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
This is good:

https://x.com/cclark_13/status/1730242497136275510?s=20

This... shouldn't have ever been:

https://x.com/hanx3sports/status/1730266725680042395?s=20

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/NBAPR/status/1730289581117890594

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

It's not hard to get people to buy into dumb sports poo poo, happy it's working out. The single elimination run should be a lot of fun

You know it's working for the die-hards too because I keep seeing people coming up with elaborate, completely impractical "improvements"

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I think changing point differential to something like Quarters won would be better.

Because yeah man it's pretty bad form imo to have teams just run the score up in obvious blowouts.

Other than that I like it.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Dexo posted:

I think changing point differential to something like Quarters won would be better.

Have it be the main point. 3pts for a win, +1 for each quarter won. Would make the whole thing more exciting.

But yeah it's generally a solid format. I'd also have some quibbles about scheduling and format but it's been way more stuff done right than wrong.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Or just play hard all 48 minutes

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
That would be disrespecting the game

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I’m talking more about the people dreaming up unneeded rewards and incentives, agree that they’ll probably tweak the point differential tiebreaker

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://x.com/lookwhatdrewdid/status/1730232858168447273?s=20

but also lmao at poole/kuzma

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
'Running up the score' discourse is weird, in Australia it very much isn't a thing and you see massive blowouts in afl pretty often.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
gently caress the points have it measured by amount of dunks

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

EoinCannon posted:

'Running up the score' discourse is weird, in Australia it very much isn't a thing and you see massive blowouts in afl pretty often.

I don't particularly care about it if it happens naturally, but like the notion of keeping your starters in a blowout risking injury and beating up on the opponents end of bench is just the dumbest thing in the world.

Like imagine if Jason Tatum had injured himself in that blow out trying to run up the score.

It just leads to really dumb situations.

I don't think it needs to be incentivized in that way.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

How is Banchero/Wagner so terrible when the Magic are the 2 seed?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

EoinCannon posted:

Blowouts are fine, but in the last 5 minutes you don't need your starters trying hard to score when you're already up 17.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

KAT is kinda quietly putting up a great year so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Magic are getting solid production out of their top 7 guys. F. Wagner is positive sharing the court with every teammate except Banchero and Anthony Black. Banchero's been a lot more mixed - he's very positive with benchier players like Ingles, Bitadze, Gary Harris, and has been negative so far this season when playing with Cole Anthony and either Wagner.

I dunno if it's enough of a sample size to mean much, though.

edit: Also, F. Wagner and Banchero are only the top two scores in PPG. Per 36 minutes, Banchero is 4th behind M. Wagner and Cole Anthony.

Stagger_Lee fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Nov 30, 2023