Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Might put it somewhere in the circle where 2/3 of the people live
It should be put the furthest away from where people live, to ensure the provinces don't get dominated by the capital. Possibly a South African solution?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Make it a seastead and put it on Null Island

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Don't see why they felt the need to split this map up in the middle of the Atlantic

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

No way in hell is rishi sunak taller than anybody else.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

No way in hell is rishi sunak taller than anybody else.

Zelensky is a very small boy.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Probably the one map where I'm OK with them ignoring Flanders

Randarkman posted:

Zelensky is a very small boy.

I actually thought he was shorter still.

I also didn't know Sunak was on the short side.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sunak is apparently a gnat's pube taller than him.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Phlegmish posted:

Oh, he's incredibly tall. Just look at this very normally posed picture of how big he is.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Sunak is apparently a gnat's pube taller than him.

Sorry that your measurement system is based around gnat pubes.

Much more sensible:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Phlegmish posted:

I guess this must be the first time you've seen a picture of him then.

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

I’m kind of surprised that Luxembourg didn’t have a fascist / pro Nazi party, despite being a bunch of German-continuum people under the cultural sway and domination of a French system, and yet somehow tiny Liechtenstein that doesn’t border Germany and whose local language isn’t being deprioritized in favor of a foreign language managed to have a pro-Nazi party.

I guess maybe some holdover of WW1 with Luxembourgeois particularly disliking Germans? It’s kind of interesting that they did not get Anschlussed.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Angepain posted:

Oh, he's incredibly tall. Just look at this very normally posed picture of how big he is.

No, not insecure, no sir

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Sunak is apparently a gnat's pube
Many people are saying this.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Last time I had a stoned geographic time I was watching TV and trying to figure out what the best world capital would be, based solely on location. I believe I settled on Dakar, which in hindsight seems a little Atlantic Ocean focused.

Gundam puts the political capital in Dakar and military headquarters in the Amazon because of geographical centrality and the need to be on the equator to reach space easier

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

I actually thought he was shorter still.

Well, he used to be an actor, so maybe there's some embellishment to get to that 169.

Blut
Sep 11, 2009

if someone is in the bottom 10%~ of a guillotine

These aren't photoshops.

Sunak in any photos where he hasn't deliberately controlled the perspective looks absolutely tiny, hes probably about 5ft5 / 165cm in real life.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Blut posted:

These aren't photoshops.

Sunak in any photos where he hasn't deliberately controlled the perspective looks absolutely tiny, hes probably about 5ft5 / 165cm in real life.

holy poo poo

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
in awe at the size of this lad. absolutely minute.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

https://watson.brown.edu/costsofwar/papers/2023/USCounterterrorismOperations

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
It's an aspirational map. Hopefully, we will one day punish Austria for introducing the world to canned sausages.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I think canning the perfectly fine Viennese sausages (or rather a parody thereof) is entirely up to you, pal

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

steinrokkan posted:

in awe at the size of this lad. absolutely minute.

lmbo

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Tbh., I wouldn't object if someone brought Austria some Freedom. The last time we tried it was somewhat unpopular, but perhaps someone else has better luck.

e: Austria.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/bt2RyjF.mp4

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I get why but pretty funny that all those places are on the map but Ukraine isn't.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I think it no longer counts as "counterterrorism" training in Ukraine anymore.

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007
Kappa :o

a pipe smoking dog posted:

When did Oswestry stop being in Wales because I've definitely heard some people be unironically revanchist about that bit of Shropshire.

Croesoswallt was last Welsh sometime in the Middle Ages I think? It's east of Offa's Dyke, which means it probably was originally English (in the Domesday book it was considered part of Shropshire) and it seemed to only swap hands in the Middle Ages when they were doing all the fighting.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I dearly want to see sunak next to that giant hotel tory.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

OwlFancier posted:

I dearly want to see sunak next to that giant hotel tory.

is there a specifically british version of change.org?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
This morning I woke up, checked the map thread. Hahaha, I love that thread, perfect mix of informative and slapfight, with maps!!!! I thought

Instead I learned I’m shorter than every european leader except Giorgia Meloni

And that I match Vova, for better or worse

E: so like if the collective West really needs a man to stare him down, really gaze into his eyes on his level and show our power…

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Dec 2, 2023

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Instead I learned I’m shorter than every european leader except Giorgia Meloni

And that I match Vova, for better or worse

:thunk:

Look closer, logically speaking you must also be taller than Sandu

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Everybody talking about the short ones, Albania has a former pro basketball player running the show: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edi_Rama

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Phlegmish posted:

:thunk:

Look closer, logically speaking you must also be taller than Sandu

You’re right, and my defence is that I am not the first person whose eyes have kinda glazed over Moldova

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Americans are generally very short (by European standards)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

E: so like if the collective West really needs a man to stare him down, really gaze into his eyes on his level and show our power…

in my experience, being stared up at is either silly, scary, or hot, so theres options there

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

to be clear, i dont want the british pm to stare up at me. i do not think hes hot, i am not scared of him, and the "hehe" and "haah" i posted earlier were in regard to another

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Other than the traditional Northern Italian places where rice has been grown for a long time, which areas of Europe could grow rice?? If you really wanted rice to grow, which places could get a good crop going?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Carthag Tuek posted:

to be clear, i dont want the british pm to stare up at me. i do not think hes hot, i am not scared of him, and the "hehe" and "haah" i posted earlier were in regard to another

i think if he wasnt an awful person he could get it tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Other than the traditional Northern Italian places where rice has been grown for a long time, which areas of Europe could grow rice?? If you really wanted rice to grow, which places could get a good crop going?

the alps maybe?

we only grow like corn and wheat and whatever else needs a ton of nitrogen. gimme 5 years and we dont grow anything