Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

quote:

Lisa Gilroy’s Special Juice:
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp water

Mix into sludge

You know what? It tracks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Babe wake up, new Doughboys merch just dropped

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cz6r1KfpFEA/?img_index=1

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Binowru posted:

Babe wake up, new Doughboys merch just dropped

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cz6r1KfpFEA/?img_index=1

Cowards wouldn't even model the onesies themselves

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Still thinking about Mitch deciding to do crack.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Goddamit. I was three quarters of the way through writing my fantasy novel and now I have scrap it and start from scratch to incorporate “kid piss attracts goblins!” as an inciting plot point.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I kinda got burnt out on this show and fell off it for a few months, are there any stand out eps recently? I want to reignite my passion for these boys

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
the Lisa Gilroy ep, duh

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I fell off weekly listening a while ago and am getting back into it. The summer tour episodes were all pretty fantastic.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I'm very much an on again/off again listener. I thought Kumail's was great. Erewhon with Dan Lippert and Ryan Rosenberg was really good too.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I'd never heard of Dan Black before but that he brought good energy to the Big Chicken episode. Lisa Gilroy ep also very good if you're into her brand of chaos.

I also thought the live Shockdoughbooerdeath show with Don't Stop Or We'll Die was great but depending on what caused you to burn out on the show it might be Too Silly™

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I enjoy like 98% of the eps & something that helped me keep enjoying the boys was acknowledging there is an occasional guest who to me is unlistenable & it’s fine to give those a fair chance but then delete & move on without FOMO, rather than try to power through.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
For me a lot of times it’s the food talk that makes me stop an ep and switch to something else. I guess I’m not as interested in “what kinda chicago eats” the guest likes as I was before. Everyone is right about the Gilroy ep though, good stuff. “I willingly smoked crack once.”

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I enjoy like 98% of the eps & something that helped me keep enjoying the boys was acknowledging there is an occasional guest who to me is unlistenable & it’s fine to give those a fair chance but then delete & move on without FOMO, rather than try to power through.

Life is too short to finish bad podcast episodes.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Drunkboxer posted:

I kinda got burnt out on this show and fell off it for a few months, are there any stand out eps recently? I want to reignite my passion for these boys

I did this too, I'm just going with them, The Neighborhood listen, the Sloppy Boys, Hollywood Handbook and Action Boyz in a cycle. Currently it's Neighbourhood Listen month.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Von Linus posted:

I did this too, I'm just going with them, The Neighborhood listen, the Sloppy Boys, Hollywood Handbook and Action Boyz in a cycle. Currently it's Neighbourhood Listen month.

Are we The Same Person?

(I finally got through my Neighborhood Listen re-listen over Thanksgiving so now I can listen to new episodes. I'm like 2 months behind on Action Boyz though because I haven't had the opportunity to watch any of the movies; if they're going to do their longest episode ever on The Lawnmower Man, of all things, I feel like I owe it to myself to watch the 2-and-a-half hour director's cut)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Cybo man

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Bill Brrr is a great impression

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

who are they talking about re: Gaza

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

indigi posted:

who are they talking about re: Gaza

gotta be Brett Gelman right?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I truly don't know, I'm not on social media outside this site so I'm not sure who has been going hard pro/anti Gaza, this is the first I've heard it mentioned on the constellation of podcasts I listen to. but I've never heard Gelman talked about as a snob before so that would be both surprising and funny

RATS!
Dec 23, 2008

I thought it was a Sarah Silverman joke

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

indigi posted:

I truly don't know, I'm not on social media outside this site so I'm not sure who has been going hard pro/anti Gaza, this is the first I've heard it mentioned on the constellation of podcasts I listen to. but I've never heard Gelman talked about as a snob before so that would be both surprising and funny

I dunno for sure, but his Gaza posts are somethin

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Mitch isn’t cleaning his cpap unit correctly if it’s making him cough and sleep worse. His mom needs to read the instructions.

turtleface
May 28, 2003

I'm helping

Marsupial Ape posted:

Mitch isn’t cleaning his cpap unit correctly if it’s making him cough and sleep worse. His mom needs to read the instructions.

Maybe it's clogged up with sage smoke

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Can't believe they've already recorded all their December episodes. Wonder if that includes the Christmas Special and the annual Sesser/Shake Shack ep.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Now that the actors' strike is ending, Mitch can stop doing his daily picket line walks.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I'm a little tired of Yusong's "I don't know pop culture" shtick. Though I did really enjoy the moment where Amelia revealed she hasn't watched the tomorrow war.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Live At Five! posted:

I'm a little tired of Yusong's "I don't know pop culture" shtick. Though I did really enjoy the moment where Amelia revealed she hasn't watched the tomorrow war.

Lol yeah although it was funny when Amelia got a little annoyed and told him just to watch the Shining already. Kinda unfair to put them on eps together when Amelia is hilarious, easily able to keep pace and riff, & brings up fun new topics while he, uh, has chosen another direction.

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:

indigi posted:

Cybo man

Captain Podcast

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Live At Five! posted:

I'm a little tired of Yusong's "I don't know pop culture" shtick.

I find it amusing. What I'm tired of is his way telling a lame joke and then immediately shooting himself down for it.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

FitFortDanga posted:

I find it amusing. What I'm tired of is his way telling a lame joke and then immediately shooting himself down for it.

But enough about Mitch

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

for real

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

whydirt posted:

But enough about Mitch

No, Mitch shoots himself down before he finishes his jokes

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Twisted Metal got renewed!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
It’s gud!

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Twisted Metal was good but it also felt like this

https://x.com/topherflorence/status/1446151707029917697?s=20

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Binowru posted:

Twisted Metal was good but it also felt like this

https://x.com/topherflorence/status/1446151707029917697?s=20

Lol yeah, good for Mitch especially as promos during football games included his character, but in my opinion doughboys is 10/10 Mitch with everything else he’s in being not quite there, with exception of some Birthday Boy sketches like September Santa. I’ve tried watching Love & it didn’t click & he’s doing what he can with his Parks & Rec character but it’s just “fat guy dumb” lazy writing.

I mean I know that’s how Hollywood works & it’s excellent he is getting big roles but watched a few Twisted Metal clips & dubbed over Will Arnett yelling about Sisqo & Backstreet Boys or whatever while not in a car, meh got enough tv to watch as is.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I think What’s Going On? was an interesting idea, in which he was a talk show host with no prep time or even any idea who the guests or jokes were. It could have been a limited series so the gimmick didn’t wear out too quickly, maybe a show that aired as a special every now and then so he’d always actually be caught off guard

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

root beer posted:

I think What’s Going On? was an interesting idea, in which he was a talk show host with no prep time or even any idea who the guests or jokes were. It could have been a limited series so the gimmick didn’t wear out too quickly, maybe a show that aired as a special every now and then so he’d always actually be caught off guard

I don't know if Van and the team would try and pitch Mitch Live on Dropout.

Given how much they love Unscripted series, like Game Changer, it would make sense.

But then again, WE NEED MORE BUGMANE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

root beer posted:

yeah that was an excellent concept and Mitch is the perfect host for that show