Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
LWS scrollbooks will also save you tons of gold on the long run if you use them to shorten your trips. i.e. if you're going to orr or sparkfly/maelstrom, go through siren's landing, if you're going to frostgorge, go through bitterfrost, etc.

paying 1 silver instead of 3+ for waypoints adds up quick and those old maps load p. quickly these days so the extra load screen isn't that annoying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

oh forgot to mention if you buy the IBS book it comes with the tp to Eye of the North already in it, gives your alts immediate access to stuff like strikes and dragonstorm at no tp cost

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

DoNotFeedTheBear posted:

As for new profs, some stuff will definitely be tweaked. Thief axe will definitely be pulled down - seen some crazy DPS estimates. Warrior heal staff seems pretty viable though. I'd recommend Revenant or Necro at the moment, as having 3 solid elites each.

I would absolutely recommend Rev for being strong and relatively forgiving (also fun), but I'm not sure I would if you want variety, with the weapon mastery all the elites feel somewhat similar. Honestly though, there's is nothing wrong with any of the classes nor elite specs. I'm mostly looking at things from a PvP/WvW perspective, but every elite I would give varying degrees of "great" (outside of Firebrand, which I hate with an unending burning passion that cannot be quenched)

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
Also if you pop out into vabbi, the Initial waypoint is unlocked by the zone-in. Once you zone to the zone to the west or north or whatever direction that is, I'm pretty sure the initial zone-in waypoint to the north on that map is also unlocked, so it should be fairly quick to pop to those and then run across the zones, working backwards until you get at least 1 or 2 waypoints unlocked in each zone.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
Want to add that you can get an Arborstone and Wizard's Tower teleport scrolls, for free. Arborstone requires to play the story, and Wizard's Tower is a small and quick scavenger hunt. Those will get you to those expansions very fast and basically put you in the middle of the zones, so you can get around (relatively, depending on which mounts you have) quickly

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
Mace/Mace Soulbeast has been pretty cool. Feels like a lot less damage than the traditional Sword/Axe paired with Hammer, but the tankiness, healing, protection, and stability is awesome. Especially for open world events, bosses, etc, Lord Hizen is going to make some crazy strong solo builds with this.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Welp, I'm done with the Aurora collections, now onto Vision. It looks like it'll be more of a chore to tick stuff off the list. There seem to be way more achievements for the S4 metas that are group-reliant than there were for S3. I honestly ended up kinda liking most of the S3 maps by the end and how I could play at my own pace for the vast majority of it.

Any time-gated things I should know about? I did the weeklong thing to unlock Astral recipes. It looks like I'll need to do the Light of Deldrimor puzzle 10 times total if I want that achievement towards the meta. Any others?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
In hindsight, I wish I’d just done WvW reward tracks for most of the LW meta rewards for the legendary accessories.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

gandlethorpe posted:

Welp, I'm done with the Aurora collections, now onto Vision. It looks like it'll be more of a chore to tick stuff off the list. There seem to be way more achievements for the S4 metas that are group-reliant than there were for S3. I honestly ended up kinda liking most of the S3 maps by the end and how I could play at my own pace for the vast majority of it.

Any time-gated things I should know about? I did the weeklong thing to unlock Astral recipes. It looks like I'll need to do the Light of Deldrimor puzzle 10 times total if I want that achievement towards the meta. Any others?

You need (iirc) 21 Electrum Ingots so get going on the mithril timegate. A fuckload of Kralkatite ore and Powdered Rose Quartz (I recommend just buying it, farming it is poo poo). You also need to make a few of the weapons from Thunderhead Peaks but I don't remember anything being annoying about those.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I did have a stockpile to make all the Electrum I needed, thankfully. Put in an order of Rose Quartz a week ago that hasn't been filled, so I know that's gonna be a pain.

I'm thinking more of the achievements for the chapter metas that have to be done over multiple sessions. S3 had a few of those, like feeding the dude in the tree multiple days and doing Abaddon's vault. Basically, I don't wanna get 90% of the way there and find out I haven't started on something like that. Of course, there's usually more achievements to do than needed, but things like these are often worth doing, and I wanna avoid having to do more annoying ones like story instances or collectathons.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

gandlethorpe posted:

I winged and whined over some of the S3 collections, deffo Ember Bay, but also ended up appreciating the maps. They are pretty awesome maps with griffon and decent loot/gathering.
Good work on Aurora stuff.

Thinking of Ember Bay, is there any reason to get passes to the special areas if I already have Lily of the Elon? And what's the point of the Bitterfrost Vantage Point?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
rose quartz is fairly cheap to just buy from sell orders, it's the kralk that's the main gate in my experience

start farming byora now, you can get like 1000 ice shards per day from storms+drakar+nodes&chests route which translates into like 300 kralk for about 1h of playing, way more than you'll ever get farming it in istan lmao

nesamdoom posted:

Thinking of Ember Bay, is there any reason to get passes to the special areas if I already have Lily of the Elon?
nope, zero reason unless you really like the locale

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
lily of the Elon specifically takes a long time to load bc it's a crowded and big open world map but if that's not a problem for you then it's as good as almost any other pass

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Space camp and the new one (1k seas?) are pretty useful. Space camp has everything close by and direct access to fractals, the new one has a jade workbench and a lot of extra teleports via the fishing portal. Though I do also keep Lily in a shared inventory slot for the free ride to Crystal Oasis.

gandlethorpe posted:

I did have a stockpile to make all the Electrum I needed, thankfully. Put in an order of Rose Quartz a week ago that hasn't been filled, so I know that's gonna be a pain.

Are you on US servers? If so, what's your account name? I can send you a couple stacks of the powder when I get home, which is enough to make a weapon.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

I'm thinking more of the achievements for the chapter metas that have to be done over multiple sessions. S3 had a few of those, like feeding the dude in the tree multiple days and doing Abaddon's vault. Basically, I don't wanna get 90% of the way there and find out I haven't started on something like that. Of course, there's usually more achievements to do than needed, but things like these are often worth doing, and I wanna avoid having to do more annoying ones like story instances or collectathons.

mesasge me in game ive got rose quartz

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Hello Sailor posted:

Are you on US servers? If so, what's your account name? I can send you a couple stacks of the powder when I get home, which is enough to make a weapon.

Yeah, I'm on US. Account name is same as here +#2641. Much appreciated!

Meskhenet posted:

mesasge me in game ive got rose quartz

I'll ping you after you're out of fractals lol

Thanks kind goons

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

After some 1300 ranked games over however how long it has been since ascended shards and legendary armor came out for PvP, I have finally made my first set of legendary armor.

I will not make another set of armor through PvP (or WvW!). gently caress that game mode.

(I have not tried to make a PvE one through raiding because I can't be assed to raid and scheduling video games feels like rear end)

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Reoxygenation posted:

I will not make another set of armor through PvP (or WvW!). gently caress that game mode.

(I have not tried to make a PvE one through raiding because I can't be assed to raid and scheduling video games feels like rear end)

Good news! There's going to be PvE armor you can make by doing a billion kryptis incursions.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Obsidian_armor

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

Oh yeah I know, I already got most of the essences for my first set, that will be how I get the 2 other sets I need because heavens forbid that I'll need to grind WvW for 2 confluxes already (though I saw that they made tickets easier to get so I'll have to spend less time in there!!)

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The raid ring isn't that hard to get if you just run through wing 5-6-7 once and you'll at least get to experience it once before writing it off, not that hard to get either if you go on the days where you get the powerups from dying.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The raid ring isn't that hard to get if you just run through wing 5-6-7 once and you'll at least get to experience it once before writing it off, not that hard to get either if you go on the days where you get the powerups from dying.

im most comfortable with 1,2,3,4.

but my raid time its a crap shoot between 3 people and an hour waiting, or 10 people, 7 of them claiming to know how to play their class (and not knowing how to play their class)
but i play straight dps, because gently caress thinking after work ><

i need 70 or so LI for coalessence or whatever the raid ring is

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Reoxygenation posted:

heavens forbid that I'll need to grind WvW for 2 confluxes already (though I saw that they made tickets easier to get so I'll have to spend less time in there!!)

if you enjoy general open world pve content, wvw in a blob is more of the same, the only real difference is that enemies have those hamas triangles above their heads :v:

join an open tag and farm ebg like you would farm drizzlewood. sometimes the whole group dies, but much like in general pve, you just click on the nearest waypoint and continue as if nothing happened

related, i made the mistake of following a friend that hasn't played the game in like 10 years into wvw a couple weeks ago, and now i'm addicted again. finished my skirmish chests by sunday evening despite not playing much on saturday lmao

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

To be clear : I have a ton of experience with WvW, and I have raided in other games. I hate raiding in general, and WvW (I'm rank 500 ish, which is still low but enough to say whether I like it or not) feels like I'm getting punched in the dick over and over. I just genuinely hate PvP in any form in this game, I find it terribly unpleasant!

Also the WvW reward track being slow as gently caress until you play several thousand hours is genuinely like homework - I only go there to suffer for stuff like Conflux.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

In wvw it definitely helps a lot to have a sense of when to bail and the tools to do so (love to ranger staff 3 for getting me out of a billion situations I otherwise would've died in)

I always have more fun when I can split and reassess instead of just getting stomped

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
A couple weeks ago, according to gw2efficiency, I was sitting at about 618g left in materials for making Bolt. I did some work on the Gift of battle last weekend but didn't really make any solid progress on other mats needed, but today, I'm now 688g away from Bolt.

Inflation hitting hard in Tyria

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

pointlessone posted:

Kiel did that

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

gandlethorpe posted:

Kiel did that

I voted for Evon

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

This mini event was a fun opportunity to watch/help the cute little newbies running around starter zones :3:

It also brought me back a little to launch seeing so many people participating in low level events. I hope they come up with other short-term content to funnel players into old maps.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

pointlessone posted:

Bloody Mystic Coins.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Gonna hold off on playing a different class until the new weapons release and builds have started settling.

Meanwhile i want to add a boon spec to my engineer, as that is something i have been thinking off for a while but never gotten around to doing.

Would this be Alacrity Power Rifle? Using Diviner's gear?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Yeah. That's pretty simple, and pretty good.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Leave bot skills on autocast, mash rifle 1-5. All you need to do.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

tarbrush posted:

Bloody Mystic Coins.
So much of my account "value" is stockpiled coins, doing daily things to earn gold doesn't even register if the coins fluctuate enough.

Oh hey they're slowly moving back to the heights of summer '21, let's gooo :getin:

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

ectos are a big one. literally everything people are building uses ectos, amalgamated kryptis essence takes like 50 a pop

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

ectos are a big one. literally everything people are building uses ectos, amalgamated kryptis essence takes like 50 a pop

I actually ran out a couple of months ago!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Look no further then the wizard's vault for the cause of the inflation, it generates massive amounts of raw gold so anything that is more time consuming to acquire with higher demand will spike in price.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

I ran dungeons for the first time in forever! The event is cool! Why isn't this the loving regular amount of rewards we get! Why the gently caress are tales of dungeoneering a pain to get regularly! Make this the regular rewards! I want to get dungeon armor and weapons! They are old but look cool!

I will still refuse, however, to run Arah. Sorry everyone, that place stinks!!!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I wish they'd add a queue to pug dungeons and other small group content

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

That would also be good yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender

Reoxygenation posted:

I will still refuse, however, to run Arah. Sorry everyone, that place stinks!!!

Arah with modern builds is a lot less of a hassle than it was pre-HoT, but there is still a lot of running around and Interesting mechanics that aren't super well explained.