Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jasoneatspizza
Jul 6, 2010
Chivalry 2 has a dedicated button for yelling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

a bunch of msrewards daily stuff now awards a single point. they've really gone all out to prune it back

disregard, it's not the 1st here yet but the month has rolled over so im at level 1 again. now if only the searches would actually work

kecske fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Nov 30, 2023

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

jasoneatspizza posted:

Chivalry 2 has a dedicated button for yelling.

So it's untitled goose game. Got it!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Seltzer posted:

Farcry 6 can't be worse than 5.... right?

FC6 is solidly good.

It knows it’s a video game. It winks about this directly to the player. “Blowing poo poo up is fun,” is the reason the old revolutionary gives the player character.

There’s quality of life improvements like reducing looting animations so youre not skinning animals or whatever. The plot doesn’t hinge on icky both sidesisms like 4’s path choices, it doesn’t force you down plot hallways like 5’s kidnapping sections. There’s no side-eye worthy colonialism like 3.

I am a modern FC apologist; I enjoy playing them, but 6 is the first one that I would say doesn’t have a bunch of easy poo poo to point at to say it sucks. It’s an open world shootyman, it is still One Of These, but it’s a fun one, without reservation.

e: i played the piss5 version i have no idea how it runs on the xbox or pc

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I'm a big fan of Far Cry 5, it's my favorite one. I only played FC6 during a free weekend but it didn't convince me to buy it.

But I'll try again because I'm still a sucker for open-world shenanigans.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Seltzer posted:

Boring open world ubi poo poo that doesn’t change the FC fomula with a crap plot. And no, having a talented actor as an antagonist or a dachshund companion in a wheelchair does not redeem this turd.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Seltzer posted:

It's very Gen Z and all of the characters have so much personality that they beat you over the head with it.

The systems aren't even fun. I personally liked it less than 5.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Seltzer posted:

I am the odd one out that really enjoyed Farcry 6. I got it when it was like $15 though so that helped, but I still enjoyed it, where I didn't like Farcry 5.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I don't like seeing hitbars or enemies ranked by level with ones too high being difficult to kills.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

chivalry 2 is so awesome

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

kri kri posted:

chivalry 2 is so awesome

I'll probably end up buying it when it's on sale or leaves GP.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Just saw that Chained Echoes leaves gamepass December 15th. I got lucky that about 3 weeks ago I'd decided to finally try it and I'm towards the end now so I'll finish it just in time.

Hopefully at least, I'm at the part where Kylisn stole the grand grimoire and gave it back to Fredrick so hopefully I finish in time.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Honestly I believe that Far Cry 6 is the best game in the series. The problem is that most people have really burned out on Far Cry in general and it doesn't really do much new at all, just better.

Edit: There is that tekkenesque cock fighting mini game which was pretty cool, but it took too long to unlock all the characters.

Ryoga fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Dec 1, 2023

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Will it require installing the Ubisoft launcher on PC? Because ehhhh

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

priznat posted:

Will it require installing the Ubisoft launcher on PC? Because ehhhh

Always with every Ubisoft game that isn't from 2011 or so.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Saoshyant posted:

Always with every Ubisoft game that isn't from 2011 or so.

gently caress!!

Ah well I’ll do it, I want to see Giancarlo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ryoga posted:

Honestly I believe that Far Cry 6 is the best game in the series. The problem is that most people have really burned out on Far Cry in general and it doesn't really do much new at all, just better.

Edit: There is that tekkenesque cock fighting mini game which was pretty cool, but it took too long to unlock all the characters.

This is probably why we are getting the Avatar game now, which just looks to be Farcry but based on Avatar, which honestly i'm fine with.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I like Avatar, seen both movies in theaters. I live in Florida so I have been to the Pandora section at DisneyWorld. They have poo poo loads of Avatar toys for kids. Do kids like Avatar? It makes a bajillion dollars at the box office but I hear almost no one talking about Avatar.

On paper I seem like the exact person to like an Avatar game but I just don't care enough to sink the hours into the game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah Avatar is one of those weird things where both movies did extremely well in theaters, but outside of that no one is talking about it, or doing anything with the I.P. really, not in the same way you would expect like say Marvel, or Star Wars. I thought the two films out so far were bad though, especially the sequel was just unwatchable, but at the same time it felt like I was watching a video game, so this ends up being perfect that we are getting a game adaptation next week.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

It sucks because the studio that is making Avatar is Massive, who made the Division games. I would much rather have Division 3 than an Avatar game. Maybe after they are done they can go back to that. I'm almost willing to try it because Massive is pretty cool.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

kecske posted:

a bunch of msrewards daily stuff now awards a single point. they've really gone all out to prune it back

disregard, it's not the 1st here yet but the month has rolled over so im at level 1 again. now if only the searches would actually work

It's showing me as 2 level and the one awards are there. Also loving MOBILE SEARCHES ARNE'T REGISTERING.

Boy of Joy
Sep 28, 2001
I thought I was dead. But I think I'm Cleopatra, too.
Yeah seems like MS Rewards is getting worse daily. Cashed out my 200 Xbox bucks as I kinda feel like the rewards aren’t long for this world

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Rewards programs for anything usually get scaled back heavily as soon as they reach a critical mass of users.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
They should kick off other users but keep me on

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Wiltsghost posted:

It sucks because the studio that is making Avatar is Massive, who made the Division games. I would much rather have Division 3 than an Avatar game. Maybe after they are done they can go back to that. I'm almost willing to try it because Massive is pretty cool.
There is supposed to be some kind of FTP Division game coming out

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Boy of Joy posted:

Yeah seems like MS Rewards is getting worse daily. Cashed out my 200 Xbox bucks as I kinda feel like the rewards aren’t long for this world

Yeah I cashed all my points out too. I've been collecting them for a few years now.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

There is supposed to be some kind of FTP Division game coming out

Heartland, it had a closed test and from what I've read it was pretty meh. We'll see though.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

There was a story trailer released earlier this afternoon for STALKER 2 and there is still no release date listed beyond Q1 2024

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Clone Drone In The Danger Zone is really good, definitely recommend playing it once it hits Game Pass

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
So geez, Gorefist is a real rear end in a top hat, eh?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I said come in! posted:

Yeah Avatar is one of those weird things where both movies did extremely well in theaters, but outside of that no one is talking about it, or doing anything with the I.P. really, not in the same way you would expect like say Marvel, or Star Wars. I thought the two films out so far were bad though, especially the sequel was just unwatchable, but at the same time it felt like I was watching a video game, so this ends up being perfect that we are getting a game adaptation next week.

The way to enjoy Avatar is in IMAX 3D. It's so stunning it makes you forget about the completely average story. Also, a most excellent soundtrack, RIP James Horner.

But yeah, I wouldn't mind a Far Cry game with an Avatar skin (blue). It should at least be nice to explore the world.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
welp, my Rewards account has been suspended

guess it was good while it lasted, just wish i could cash out the precious 60,000 mindshare points i'd been saving up

edit; looks like a pretty big ban wave went out, so cash in your mindshare points if you've still got em

webmeister fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Dec 1, 2023

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Satya looks on in horror as Bing traffic drops 95%

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Wiltsghost posted:

All I wanted from The Division was for them to go full urban fantasy and have me shooting manticores and poo poo in the Manhattan dungeons

so now I'm interested

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I’m the guy at Microsoft who has to review and confirm that each search is genuine, before they earn you the point. Please stop going so fast!

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

q
qq
qqq
qqqq
qqqqq
qqqqqq

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TheScott2K posted:

Satya looks on in horror as Bing traffic drops 95%

lol but for real

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

webmeister posted:

welp, my Rewards account has been suspended

guess it was good while it lasted, just wish i could cash out the precious 60,000 mindshare points i'd been saving up

edit; looks like a pretty big ban wave went out, so cash in your mindshare points if you've still got em

just happened to me too, rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Just redeemed mine. Xbox gift cards are spend within 90 days of deposit lol