Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lobster shirt posted:

going back for another coffee

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Got a coffee

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

having an afternoon cup

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

had a cup of coffee and a bowl of chili for lunch, feelin fine

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

i had tomato rice

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

time for some perfectly crafted coffee

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

it's the afternoon so no more coffee for me today

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I wasn't sold on cold brew concentrate but then I tried some stuff from a local travelling cart and hot drat it is good.

He didn't get enough traffic at his spot in town and now we're out of his rotation.

Support local business.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lumpentroll posted:

i had tomato rice

in your coffee? was it good soup?

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

I really like the aeropress. Probably more microplastics than when I do cold brew but whatever.

I have a few ways of making coffee but no drip machine. Maybe I need to buy more stuff.

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

enjoying an afternoon macchiato with a drizzle of cajeta quemada

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

currently counting coffee beans

Centrist Dad posted:

Love that berry undertaste in Ethiopian coffee! Can't seem to find it any more though.

look for light roast, natural process coffee ethiopia tastes like berries, kenya tastes like chef boyardee

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

love how on those coffee charts that people hang on their walls the only one cut with water is the Americano. that might mean something I think, I don't know, I'm not a genius (i am)

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

most of the caffeine in coffee is extracted during the first ten seconds so if youre waiting more than that for a cup youre wasting your time

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Lpzie posted:

love how on those coffee charts that people hang on their walls the only one cut with water is the Americano. that might mean something I think, I don't know, I'm not a genius (i am)

it literally just means americans are too retarded for straight espresso so they need training wheels

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
drinking a dr pepper zero

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

Ohtori Akio posted:

it literally just means americans are too retarded for straight espresso so they need training wheels

can confirm

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
its confusing because Americano also refers to an excellent alcoholic drink (Campari soda with vermouth)

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

an Americano is fake drip coffee.

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

ArmedZombie posted:

an Americano is fake drip coffee.

nah an americano made from a good pull is better than drip coffee. i dont mind a straight shot of espresso but if im not confident its quality coffee then im diluting it. or i just want the flavor and body of espresso but need it to last me longer. its good if its 1:1 or 2:1 water:coffee but some places just dilute the hell out of it

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
theres a certain joy in choking down a really lovely espresso and acting tough about it lol

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Ohtori Akio posted:

theres a certain joy in choking down a really lovely espresso and acting tough about it lol

ever order Starbucks espresso shots lol

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

snack soul posted:

nah an americano made from a good pull is better than drip coffee. i dont mind a straight shot of espresso but if im not confident its quality coffee then im diluting it. or i just want the flavor and body of espresso but need it to last me longer. its good if its 1:1 or 2:1 water:coffee but some places just dilute the hell out of it

not if the drip coffee is made correctly. it's a completely different thing.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

thinking about drinking a coffee tomorrow

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

lobster shirt posted:

thinking about drinking a coffee tomorrow

i'm drinking one right now and so should you

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Xaris posted:

i'm drinking one right now and so should you

can't drink coffee this late, it keeps me up

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

lobster shirt posted:

can't drink coffee this late, it keeps me up

doesn't keep me up, i can fall asleep right after a cup. seems like a skill issue to me

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

ya, im skillful enough at drinking coffee that caffeine is effective

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

ArmedZombie posted:

not if the drip coffee is made correctly. it's a completely different thing.

yeah i was just taking issue issue with fake drip coffee. theyre two different things and both are good but i gravitate toward espresso

anyway its too late for coffee so im drinking an imperial coffee stout

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
yall ever heard of decaf???

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

lying awake, waiting for my alarm to go off so I can get up and covfefe

fibblins
Dec 21, 2007

party swan
I drink coffee every day to feel "normal" enough to slack off at work and lay around doing nothing at my house all day. I would like to extend a heartfelt thank u to all the hard working people picking beans with blistered fingers under the unforgiving sun

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Xaris posted:

doesn't keep me up, i can fall asleep right after a cup. seems like a skill issue to me

adhd ftw

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
I don't know how all the coffee roasters stay in business. I can get organic fair trade whatever beans from the grocery store by me that were roasted within 1-2 weeks max for $9.99/lb. Why would I buy something that's been sitting for months and costs twice as much?

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

who needs skill when you can be mentally ill instead?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Shyfted One posted:

I don't know how all the coffee roasters stay in business. I can get organic fair trade whatever beans from the grocery store by me that were roasted within 1-2 weeks max for $9.99/lb. Why would I buy something that's been sitting for months and costs twice as much?

brands

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

having a friday afternoon coffee. burundi turihamwe

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

cant wait to drink coffee tomorrow morning

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Weekend coffee is the best kind

Adbot