Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Love coffee. Especially fair trade blends, those are the most ethical coffees and let farmer friendly corporations share the spirit of the earth with us, every morning!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Nothing quite like drinking a nice espresso while checking my emails and social media feeds

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

coffee kicks rear end

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
im drinking slave coffee right now

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
I once saw an advert for Douwe Egberts coffee that said something like "Helping developing nations since 1750"

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

starbucks bitch

Its that time
Nov 8, 2011
Yeah nothing like drinking a cuppo when reading the spam. I'm drinking the lowest on the market blend. Cheapo cardboard brand with an italian sounding name.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
Im chock full o nuts op

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
just make a big pot of hot water and drink instant coffee all day

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Al! posted:

just make a big pot of hot water and drink instant coffee all day

no

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Hot water ftw

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

drink half decaf half regular folgers like your grandma does

mags
May 30, 2008

:coffeepal:

e: the mug is just hot water

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

John Charity Spring posted:

I once saw an advert for Douwe Egberts coffee that said something like "Helping developing nations since 1750"

lol

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i like my coffee like i like my women - strong enough to peel the paint off a car on contact

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I once saw a coffee that described itself as "true trade"

It's how you know the trade involved in the coffee is True

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i don't like the taste of coffee, but sometimes i wonder if that's because i've never had a "good one"

i do like the smell though, and i also kinda like the social mythos and aura around coffee consumption, it has as many vagaries as something like wine for instance, but isn't as obnoxious, more blue collar

someone coffeepill me, what is a type of coffee and preparation that a novice may enjoy? i'm willing to take pains to make it well, and drink it relatively pure (never quite understood people who pour a 1/3rd cup off coffee and then dump a pint of heavy cream and sugar in, just get a milkshake man)

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I use a coffee press which is only marginally less convenient than instant coffee but tastes better.

I have a cold today so I am probably gonna make some tea later instead

mags
May 30, 2008

I used to drink coffee black because I thought it made me cool but everyone noticed each sip give me a face like I was chewing a raw Brussels sprout dipped in poo poo

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

mags posted:

I used to drink coffee black because I thought it made me cool but everyone noticed each sip give me a face like I was chewing a raw Brussels sprout dipped in poo poo

gross, vegetables!

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

smarxist posted:

i don't like the taste of coffee, but sometimes i wonder if that's because i've never had a "good one"

i do like the smell though, and i also kinda like the social mythos and aura around coffee consumption, it has as many vagaries as something like wine for instance, but isn't as obnoxious, more blue collar

someone coffeepill me, what is a type of coffee and preparation that a novice may enjoy? i'm willing to take pains to make it well, and drink it relatively pure (never quite understood people who pour a 1/3rd cup off coffee and then dump a pint of heavy cream and sugar in, just get a milkshake man)

PSL

mags
May 30, 2008

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

gross, vegetables!

I like Brussels sprouts but theyre super bitter like some posting around here

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I scoff at you coffee drinkers.

Slam 8 white monster energy drinks a day and embrace the hustle fam, get that paper.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
my hario pourover thingy ftmfw

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

i dont drink coffee because i have the taste buds of a baby

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

smarxist posted:

didnt read

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Megamissen posted:

i dont drink coffee because i have the taste buds of a baby

common swede condition

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

Ohtori Akio posted:

common swede condition

no we're #6 in coffee consumption by capita im a bit out of outlier

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

smarxist posted:

bad coffee and good coffee aren't too far off. you've probably had a good one.

light roast cold brewed stuff is going to have the least types of tastes you probably dislike. imo if you dont like coffee just eat caffeine pills or drink tea or something

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Drink tea.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

smarxist posted:

Watch Hoffman on YouTube. Sure he's a British posh coffee guy no loving doubt however the man is serious about coffee and mong good coffee

Try espresso, try cappuccinos, get yourself the ability to make coffee with good tools. Slurp you coffee don't just sip it. Get the aeration of the coffee and you will find peace in its subtleties

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

It took me a while to get used to straight coffee.

My first foray into coffee was the little coffee shop that was inside the library at my university, where I would get Latte's.

Then I just switched to the hard stuff after my roommate in college bought us a standard drip coffee machine. I think it had dumped a foot of snow and shut down most of the campus, but I had a big test coming up and just decided to delve into the hard stuff and went with straight, black coffee... no additives.

After that I truly believe the caffeine addiction is what kept me drinking it until I just one day realized that I enjoyed the taste of coffee.

Basically: If you hate the taste of coffee just keep shoving it down your gullet each morning until you realize that life is painful anyways and you might as well be alert during the day to witness everything.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Coffee is ftw, truly the greatest of Treat

smarxist posted:

:twisted: Folgers made in a drip brewer

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Nice and hot piss posted:

Basically: If you hate the taste of coffee just keep shoving it down your gullet each morning until you realize that life is painful anyways and you might as well be alert during the day to witness everything.

Life is fun and I like being alive. One of the joys of living is being able to enjoy a nice cup of joe

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I buy bags of the local store brand beans and hand grind them to use in an aeropress. It takes like five minutes to make a cup of coffee but I value the little ritual of making a cup as much as the coffee itself

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

My wife doesnt enjoy grinding beans and uses Cafe Bustelo, which is also good, and froths up some milk with a pump of vanilla syrup and a dusting of cinnamon for her coffee. I just drink mine black

E: Smarxist get a can of Cafe Bustelo. Its inexpensive but pretty good instant coffee, no tools required to prepare, and if you hate it you're out like five bucks

Nix Panicus has issued a correction as of 19:25 on Nov 25, 2023

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

having a nice hot cup right now...of tea :evilbuddy:

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
tea ftw, i like rooibos

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Speaking of whole bean/ground coffee: My local grocery store only sells 1-2 brands of coffee in a whole bean variety. Everything else is ground coffee. The whole bean coffee is from local "roasters" or whatever the gently caress they're called at like $20 a bag...

Costco sells some brand of coffee in a yellow bag.. I want to say it's 3 lbs of whole bean coffee that actually tastes good for $11. In comparison to when I could buy whole bean Petes coffee, 1 lb for $14.

I will splurge and buy Stumptown coffee at whatever they want me to pay for it. That poo poo is by far the absolute greatest coffee I've ever had the pleasure to french press.