Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Sabres can still win this game even though they’re down 3-1 against a team that hasn’t lost yet when scoring first.

I believe in them, for better or worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Third period HABS ARE BACK, BABY

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
lol, a lot of empty seats in Arizona. Can't even fill up a barn

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
nico hischier has to stop getting into accidents

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I know the blackhawks are bad but it’s nice to see the wings take a back to back game and play hard

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I guess I should also say I’m super glad we don’t still have Mrazek

Dr. Lunchables fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Dec 1, 2023

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I feel like it's really clear what kind of team Detroit is:

- High-powered offense
- Leaky defense
- Inconsistent goalkeeping
- Beats up on bad teams
- Competitive against good teams
- Clearly worse than elite teams, but a puncher's chance any given night

I think they'll make it into the playoffs as either the third Atlantic team or as an Eastern wild card, and their peak would be winning one series, with the most likely scenario being a first-series loss with two game wins.

I'm really happy with the progress this year; this is great.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

GOALIE GOAL JARRY

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Hell yeah. The Pens are back

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

GOALIE GOAL JARRY

I've never seen a live one
he made it look easy

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

What a strange strange game of hockey by the Penguins

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

GOALIE GOAL JARRY
This.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

.Spec posted:

What a strange strange game of hockey by the Penguins

First period was one of those that gets a coach fired but they turned it up after that

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Leafs took the positive vibes from Marner's hatty and shat all over them with a putrid third period.

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Ginette Reno posted:

First period was one of those that gets a coach fired but they turned it up after that

When first intermission started it was like "weeeeell I guess I can start dinner now". I'm glad I made it back to see Jeff loving Carter score and then Jarry rip one

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
it's pretty loving weird that this objectively quite mediocre Flames team is better at playing the Stars' game than Dallas is but it's this way every time they play.

Turbo Jesus
Mar 17, 2007

Pop that tarp off.

Ginette Reno posted:

It’s a stupid phrase, but that was a gutsy win.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Toronto Maple Leafs win a game in regulation challenge

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

i have some thoughts about these refs in philadelphia

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Cale Makar!

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

I get "you take the penalty on retaliation" is like Ref Code but this is a one goal game in last 4 minutes of the third period and there was already a powerplay. call the loving offsetting minors. horseshit

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

thank you for not being dead luke

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Luke from Jack in overtime, Luke's little bow. I loving love it

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

surf rock posted:

I feel like it's really clear what kind of team Detroit is:

- High-powered offense
- Leaky defense
- Inconsistent goalkeeping
- Beats up on bad teams
- Competitive against good teams
- Clearly worse than elite teams, but a puncher's chance any given night

I think they'll make it into the playoffs as either the third Atlantic team or as an Eastern wild card, and their peak would be winning one series, with the most likely scenario being a first-series loss with two game wins.

I'm really happy with the progress this year; this is great.

Yeah, compared to last year this is a real breath of fresh air.

I’m watching NYI vs CAR now on ESPN+ and I dunno who’s doing the commentating, but it’s pretty sub-par

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I know I don’t post in these threads, but how did Philly get good? Is it because all their guys are so young they don’t remember last season?

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Mr. Kite posted:

Teams can ask for an offsides review if the opposing team scores. Kopitar scored in this game and the Caps asked for a review of an uncalled offsides 64 seconds earlier.

My point is that after 64 seconds, Kopitar's goal had absolutely nothing to do with him being in the zone a fraction of a second too early.

That rule should only be in place of the goal is scored up to 20-30 seconds after the uncalled offsides.

So, 30 second limit and they score at 29.99 seconds.
Should it still count?

Offside is an easy objective rule. Stop trying to make it more complicated.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Dr. Lunchables posted:

I know I don’t post in these threads, but how did Philly get good? Is it because all their guys are so young they don’t remember last season?

I was shocked to learn they're like the best team in the league on the rush so far. A Tortorella team

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Miles? Would.

sexy goal.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Holy poo poo, Carolina ties in the last 1.5 seconds. Completely insane.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!
Jesus loving Christ islanders

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Boy those OT records are tough for the Gortons

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!
Canes rocking a .688 save % in this game.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Saaros with Nashville competing with a .733 (currently)

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Leon I love you

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Nils Lundkvist benched with 5+ minutes left in the 2nd period, after 7 minutes of ice time total.

DeBoer is just going to keep benching him earlier and earlier into games until Nill puts him on waivers or ships him off for a 7th rounder or w/e. What a waste of a 1st round pick.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Starsfan posted:

Nils Lundkvist benched with 5+ minutes left in the 2nd period, after 7 minutes of ice time total.

DeBoer is just going to keep benching him earlier and earlier into games until Nill puts him on waivers or ships him off for a 7th rounder or w/e. What a waste of a 1st round pick.

drat I thought Gallant was bad with the kids last year.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

drat I thought Gallant was bad with the kids last year.

yeah it's loving bizarre

if the assessment of the team is truly that Nils Lundkvist is not good enough to play against non-playoff teams in games the Stars are winning / tied in during the month of November just send him through waivers and go on to the next guy. It's a complete waste of a roster spot on a team that considers themselves a contender to have a defenseman playing 7 and 8 minutes a night.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Seems like a waste of a pick to only have him play 8 mins too.

E: scrolled up and saw that I did not have an original thought in any way.

Dr. Lunchables fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Dec 1, 2023

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

He's back out on the ice for a shift in the 3rd but he's frequently played only a couple of those and then gets shut down for the last 10-15 minutes of games.

**ok he just tried to do a bank pass behind his own net and accidently put it on Wedgewood lol. That's a wrap for him I'll bet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Just turned the game on to see that attempted own goal. Impressive stuff, considering the full on PENALTY SHOT that happened a few minutes before.