Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Potrzebie posted:

:argh: Invandrare!!!!!1

Amar'kanerne kommer snart med vores frikadeller-kanoner. Kun tre togstationer!

:denmark:

Vi vil lære dig at synge 'Kong Christian' ordentligt.

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Nov 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Rust Martialis posted:

Vi vil lære dig at synge 'Kong Christian' ordentligt.

No, no we will not. We might attempt it, but it's not gonna work. Also no one knows anything but the first line and the helmet and brain bursting bit.

Swedish nazi: out of curiosity, where does he publicly stand on Israel/Palestine? Generally, these right wing types seem to be pro Israel on account of hating Muslims, but the Nazi salute is something else.
I know his real beliefs is probably something like "put all the Jews and Muslims (and communists and...) in the desert, turn desert into glass".

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Woebin posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0LcLasCQAa/

Jimmie literally throwing up a Nazi salute. Cool.

Nonsense, he's clearly just playing Invisible Frisbee with his good friend*. Everything is "nazis this, nazis that" to the loony left, isn't it?

*Adolf Hitler

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I have been asked to give the damenes tale at my work julebord, and looking up examples online I have concerns. Some of these texts feel straight out of the 70s, if I wrote something like this and read it out sincerely I think my girlfriend would dump my castrated body in the fjord. And people give these at work.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

big scary monsters posted:

I have been asked to give the damenes tale at my work julebord, and looking up examples online I have concerns. Some of these texts feel straight out of the 70s, if I wrote something like this and read it out sincerely I think my girlfriend would dump my castrated body in the fjord. And people give these at work.

I don't know the tradition, but I vote you go full nuclear feminist with it. Maybe comment on the usual jokes and takes?

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

It's "supposed" to be an homage to women. It's generally not, since men as a group are assholes.

Two options: either write an actual honest speech about how awesome women are, in general or specifically at your place of work; or go full nuclear. The last one is difficult to pull off but if done right hilarious. You should seek help from friends for feedback regardless.

Also, since you won't do the old boys being boys "it's only a joke" speech, be prepared for Dålig Stämning among the worst men at the party.

Potrzebie fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Nov 29, 2023

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

What's this damenes tale?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
https://www.sangerogtaler.no/damenes-tale.html

quote:

Utdrag fra tale 1

Men det var jo dere kvinner som jeg skulle snakke om! Det er jo også mange fordeler med å være kvinne!

– Jeg må bare tenke meg grundig om.

Det er ikke det at jeg ikke ønsker å si noe, men som alle vet kan det så lett oppstå misforståelser når en stakkars mann en sjelden gang sier noe. Han forstår nemlig ikke alltid spørsmålene. Derfor har jeg med meg en liten ordbok her:

Når kvinner kommer med spørsmålet «Elsker du meg?», så betyr det at hun kommer til å spørre om noe kostbart.

Stiller hun spørsmålet «Hvor mye elsker du meg?», betyr det «Jeg har gjort noe du absolutt ikke kommer til å like.»

Sier hun «Jeg er klar om bare få minutter» så vet enhver mann som har levd noen år at det betyr «Ta av deg skoene og skru på TV!»
osv...

Utdrag fra tale 2

Ja, for noen vil faktisk gå så langt som å kalle det sivilisert – det at damene har trengt seg inn på alle menns områder. Til og med i styret for større bedrifter kan vi se dem nå. Og her nøyer de seg ikke lenger med å bare servere kaffen, men de begynner til og med å uttale seg!

Før var det bare vi menn som virkelig kunne vise hva vi dugde til. Vi var og er fremdeles de eneste som kan pisse på leirbålet – men når det gjelder alt annet, så kan ikke bare dere kvinner gjøre det samme – dere gjør det som regel også bedre!

Det er et ordtak som sier at bak hver vellykket mann står det en kvinne – men det dere kanskje ikke visste, var at bak hver vellykket kvinne står det en mann – en svært forbauset mann!

Seems like boomer humor

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Yeah, that's some musty old poo poo alright. Traditions, they're so beautiful & important.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Some of them are nice, some could do with updating.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

damenes tale is absolutely supposed to be cheeky and funny. ideally it should be done in a way which pokes fun at gender relations and men's attitude to women/the gendered division of labour or how the shared ideology of the assembled influences attitudes to women in an absurd way. you can also go an erudite path, or if you just want to muddle through do something boring and play it straight - though in this case you'll also want to keep it as short as possible.

the best literary example i can think of is actually from sangen om den røde rubin by agnar mykle, where the main character is attending business school and has damenes tale at their graduating dinner, where he does a "social-economic analysis on the utility function of women" which while facially extremely rude is clearly playing on how bizarre a lot of the social-economic analysis they've learned is and what assholes the men are. it's interesting that mykle, well-known to be the horniest man in norwegian literature, wrote it during the 1950s.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I'm sure that most of the ones given today are the right amount/style of humour and not quite so boomer brained as what's easily available on the first pages of Google. I am not completely sure why a foreigner like me was asked to give it, but the person organising the julebord is also not Norwegian so perhaps she was as confused by the concept as me.

I think saying some nice things about women in general and those present particularly, poking fun at myself and men, and keeping it short is perhaps the safest route - if I can get a couple sensible chuckles and still have my colleagues willing to talk to me the next week I'll consider it a great success. When I began here we were a group of only men (happily there is a better gender balance now) so there is a good starting point to talk about. I had ideas for some more literary allusions but I'm not sure the audience and I are familiar with the same works so it could easily fall flat. I'll give that Mykle piece a read VIL, thanks!

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

V. Illych L. posted:

sangen om den røde rubin by agnar mykle

Apologies for the eastern intrusion, but I googled this book and found it hilarious that it caused a massive hullabaloo in Finland after it was translated in the late 50's; several bishops etc. put pressure on the government and other high officials, and indeed our illustrious government decreed that all printed copies of the translation were to be confiscated from stores and printing houses, by the police. The confiscated books were subsequently burnt. Finnlandisierung!

And in a weirder twist, the publisher managed to salvage / hide 800 copies of the translated book, and he sold them to the local war invalid foundation, who then sold them on for a profit as a door-to-door business venture. The 50's were weird

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Rappaport posted:

Apologies for the eastern intrusion, but I googled this book and found it hilarious that it caused a massive hullabaloo in Finland after it was translated in the late 50's; several bishops etc. put pressure on the government and other high officials, and indeed our illustrious government decreed that all printed copies of the translation were to be confiscated from stores and printing houses, by the police. The confiscated books were subsequently burnt. Finnlandisierung!

And in a weirder twist, the publisher managed to salvage / hide 800 copies of the translated book, and he sold them to the local war invalid foundation, who then sold them on for a profit as a door-to-door business venture. The 50's were weird

yeah there was a similar controversy about the same book in norway, with the publisher originally forced to destroy the remaining books as well. it basically broke mykle, who though a highly gifted novellist was also a bit of a neurotic mess to begin with, and he spent the rest of his life doing mainly puppet theater

curiously sangen om den røde rubin is imo a clearly inferior novel to its predecessor, lasso rundt fru luna, which i think is a genuine literary masterpiece and plays on a lot of the same notes. imo the clear reason for the reaction coming to sangen om den røde rubin is that the women portrayed in that book as sexually engaged and even voracious (and sometimes - egads! - moderately kinky in various ways) were based on people who knew people who mattered, or at least people who could conceivably know people who mattered.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

I'm sure that most of the ones given today are the right amount/style of humour and not quite so boomer brained as what's easily available on the first pages of Google. I am not completely sure why a foreigner like me was asked to give it, but the person organising the julebord is also not Norwegian so perhaps she was as confused by the concept as me.

I think saying some nice things about women in general and those present particularly, poking fun at myself and men, and keeping it short is perhaps the safest route - if I can get a couple sensible chuckles and still have my colleagues willing to talk to me the next week I'll consider it a great success. When I began here we were a group of only men (happily there is a better gender balance now) so there is a good starting point to talk about. I had ideas for some more literary allusions but I'm not sure the audience and I are familiar with the same works so it could easily fall flat. I'll give that Mykle piece a read VIL, thanks!

a possible move here could be to do a meta-joke about the process of making this speech and the weird ritual of it all. in this case you can use the material you've found by casual googling as a joke about the jokes, which is 100% guaranteed to be safe, especially if you further disarm it with a "i didn't realise people were allowed to say this kind of stuff" or similar

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Isnt that supposed to be done by a woman (by whatever definition one prefers)?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Baudolino posted:

Isnt that supposed to be done by a woman (by whatever definition one prefers)?

Confusingly the damenes tale is a speech to and about the women, given by a man, while the herrenes tale is for the men, presented by a woman.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

V. Illych L. posted:

lasso rundt fru luna, which i think is a genuine literary masterpiece and plays on a lot of the same notes.

it's drat good

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

V. Illych L. posted:

curiously sangen om den røde rubin is imo a clearly inferior novel to its predecessor, lasso rundt fru luna, which i think is a genuine literary masterpiece and plays on a lot of the same notes. imo the clear reason for the reaction coming to sangen om den røde rubin is that the women portrayed in that book as sexually engaged and even voracious (and sometimes - egads! - moderately kinky in various ways) were based on people who knew people who mattered, or at least people who could conceivably know people who mattered.
Just got this and it owns.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://www.gp.se/nyheter/sverige/kriminella-ska-fa-portas-fran-allmanna-platser.dc8abe61-dc52-573b-9a99-d6742ca0eed5

Barring criminals from being in public places is definitely a cool and good idea. How about we start with barring them from Riksdagen?

Jack Trades posted:

Choo choo all aboard the fascism train!

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Dec 1, 2023

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Jack Trades posted:

https://www.gp.se/nyheter/sverige/kriminella-ska-fa-portas-fran-allmanna-platser.dc8abe61-dc52-573b-9a99-d6742ca0eed5

Barring criminals from being in public places is definitely a cool and good idea. How about we start with barring them from Riksdagen?

Going to be fun when people realize there are more convicted criminals from the majority population than there are minorities (not that Swedish police will check white people on the street)

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Everyone is a criminal until proven otherwise, even kids.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Sorry, my bad, I translated it wrong, it's not criminals that are going to be barred from public places, it's "people that promote gang criminality" including those that haven't done anything illegal.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Jack Trades posted:

Sorry, my bad, I translated it wrong, it's not criminals that are going to be barred from public places, it's "people that promote gang criminality" including those that haven't done anything illegal.

So basically

?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Rappaport posted:

So basically

?

I think that's the intention, yes.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
So MC gangs right?

Right?

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

teen witch posted:

So MC gangs right?

Right?

Are you trying to imply that the Hells Angels aren't just a social club? Seems like reverse racism

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

teen witch posted:

So MC gangs right?

Right?

For sure! Along with the medelålders medelklass wearing becknarväska.
E: should I quit running? After all, you only run when you are guilty:ohdear:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Equally cool is how our shadow-PM Åkesson wants to tear down mosques and start mapping out “Islamism”. I’m sure the goalpost of what constitutes “islamism” won’t change at all though!

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/indland/3f-transport-gaar-med-i-konflikt-mod-tesla
:denmark::respek::sweden::respek::ussr:

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Ok, but how does this make life worse for Greenlenders so the government won't interfere on the side of Tesla?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Anyone remember the Midgård customer database leak? Appears Kenneth Kristensen Berth, former MP for the Danish People's Party, bought some nazi books from the nazis.

https://redox.dk/nyheder/noeglefigur-i-dansk-folkeparti-bestilte-naziboeger/

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

SplitSoul posted:

Anyone remember the Midgård customer database leak? Appears Kenneth Kristensen Berth, former MP for the Danish People's Party, bought some nazi books from the nazis.

https://redox.dk/nyheder/noeglefigur-i-dansk-folkeparti-bestilte-naziboeger/

DDP gains 5% in the polls following this news

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

They're knowingly letting MPs with active COVID vote in parliament now. Incredible.

Anders posted:

DDP gains 5% in the polls following this news

They've probably been bleeding nazi votes to NB for a while.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Dec 6, 2023

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

If I got six months' pay every time I lost a job after a few days I'd be pretty well off today.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Time to apply for a job at McDonald's and just not show up. When they fire me they have to give me 6 months worth of wages. Those are the rules, at all workplaces.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
"... alle arbejdspladser"?!?

Somebody ask her to define karensperiode, I beg you

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

800,000 kroner for six days' "work". It's Carl Holst all over again.

Edit: And Denmark is a sharia state now! It's all over! :qq:

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Dec 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Doesn't Støjberg sagen mean that a minister saying stuff like that is legally speaking a directive that should be followed?

In other news, Shah, the guy who ALLEGEDLY swindled billions from the Danish state is now in Denmark and being tried. And hearing about the case just makes it extremely clear that he's just a (very horrible) guy who got involved in the finance sector's shady parts. What annoys me is that we're treating this like a personal crime, instead of an industrial thing in the finance industry.
Basically, what I'm saying is that finance is a cancer on society and should be abolished, possibly violently.