Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Thoren posted:

Is this right?

So far we have seen: New Humanity, Demons, Machines, Aliens, Giants.

And have yet to see:

Untamed Wilderness, Games, Parasite, Calamities, World Tree, Bandits, Curses, God.

Yeah that's about right. Though we did see a parasite. Right at the end of the battle of New Humanity and the Giants. We dont know if that one parasite is just gonna total new humanity or they'll just deal with it or what though.

Still wonder if specific natural enemies counter other specific natural enemies or if they just are all more or less at the same level. Guess we'll find out as we get more match ups as time goes on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

There's that but did anyone expect the people from Giant World to have steroids made out giant hearts? We never got any insight into how anyone was fighting off their threats, things are just getting revealed as the manga progresses. The multiple satellites in Cosmic Devil world is a new reveal here too, I assume as the threat appears, then they'll pull out things they have too. Either that or just 'Everyone, bow now or we'll all die!' type of advice from them when it comes to it.

Yeah, I think this is a minor plot hole in the series (one that I notice, but doesn't impact my enjoyment). They had about 5 straight chapters of meetings, yet:

- no one on the mission was briefed on how the Neo Humans think, act and fight
- the main human leadership is apparently unaware of the nature of the threat the aliens pose
- hidden power ups, techniques and weapons are revealed by the specific humans, only when the time is right

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Bucswabe posted:

Yeah, I think this is a minor plot hole in the series (one that I notice, but doesn't impact my enjoyment). They had about 5 straight chapters of meetings, yet:

- no one on the mission was briefed on how the Neo Humans think, act and fight
- the main human leadership is apparently unaware of the nature of the threat the aliens pose
- hidden power ups, techniques and weapons are revealed by the specific humans, only when the time is right

I mean in the latest chapter, the consequence of revealing one of only 26 of their space lasers, is that it ended up being destroyed, so I think they were kind of justified in that.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Yeah trust has to be built between the various human factions, doubly so since the first big reveal was "half of our calamities are amoguses and half more of those could be if they wanted, so uhhh"

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
Also narratively, given the number of factions involved it would be really overwhelming to just dump every bit of pertinent information to the reader at once.

It's not like these power ups are that much of a game changer against the natural enemies anyways. They feel more like flavor and world building, seeing what the factions have come up to try to stay alive even if it's mostly futile. Though I think it would grind pacing to a halt if the comic had to stop and introduce every faction, their deal, their natural enemy, their secret techniques, etc before being able to proceed. So this seems like a decent way to handle it.

Though yeah one would think they'd have been warned more about neo humanity in particular, but maybe it's best to assume they were told more than what was shown in the comic. Or conversely the regular humans from that world are just jerks like that.

JuniperCake fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Nov 29, 2023

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm already pretty used to animated shows not playing their hand and showing every piece of a character's every day carry loudout to begin with (Besides a Batmoble, what doe Batman's utility belt not have inside of itself?), and that only gets more exacerbated if you're watching anything that's brain over brawn like Jojo or Sakamoto Days and all anyone can say is good luck predicting how those fights will end. It's like placing a bet on what Bugs Bunny's gonna pull out from behind his back at any given moment.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Nov 29, 2023

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
OPM raws: https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/14079602755511181824

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The Legend of One-Punch: a Twink to the Past

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Translation out! https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/e7MdjnJ/1/1/

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

You're the real MVP

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

man if you ever need a new avatar or something hit me up. you're like my direct plug into opm.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Love the comparison of these super elite ninjas to grains of sand because sonic has survived facing Saitama multiple times lol just great

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

These guys sure dress flambouyantly for having deadened emotions

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
No emotions means no sense of embarrassment

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Mr. Lobe posted:

It's their only emotional outlet.

Frilly clothes.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

Now that the ninja village is gone, they're all free to individualize and dress like MMO characters. That's how you have a personality right? It's the clothes??

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

RareAcumen posted:

Now that the ninja village is gone, they're all free to individualize and dress like MMO characters. That's how you have a personality right? It's the clothes??

Seems like a recurring theme in ONE's productions

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

RareAcumen posted:

Shoulder pads are nowhere near big enough for mmos

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

That’s a new record time.

Cool chapter, I love the ninjas

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jerkface posted:

Love the comparison of these super elite ninjas to grains of sand because sonic has survived facing Saitama multiple times lol just great

Yeah, that was a nice touch - he gets regularly clowned on by Saitama so he keeps upping his game to ridiculous degrees only to get clowned on again, so he perhaps hasn't really grasped how much further beyond his original level he'd gone until he sees people who were once considered his "superiors".

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

serious gaylord posted:

You're the real MVP

Yeah, for real pik_d, thanks for sharing these every time.

Also hell yes, Speed o' Sound Sonic and Flashy Flash teamup! I hope they resolve their differences and become friends again.

The panel of Flashy catching that kick was awesome.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Speed of Sound Sonic continues to be just the absolute best

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
genuinely nice to see Flashy Flash so happy that his little buddy got so strong. Also yeah, I guess pushing yourself to beat an invincible monster while knowing how insurmountable that would be would make you stupid strong.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

do we actually have any realistic idea how strong sonic is? I mean he gets his dick punched by saitama but that tells us nothing

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

bitmap posted:

do we actually have any realistic idea how strong sonic is? I mean he gets his dick punched by saitama but that tells us nothing

He's holding his own against one of the better S class. I'd say he's probably on par with Genos, too.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

one of Saitama's disciples (derogatory)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

on a scale of saitama to not saitama, he's definitely not-saitama.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I feel he's very Jogo from Jujutsu Kaisen right now, where the audience saw him as a joke because he decided to only pick fights with the strongest character in the setting (Gojo, Saitama) who's so far above anyone else that it was always going to be a one-sided beatdown, no matter what. Then we see him fighting weaker, yet still undeniably strong people, and it turns out he's actually really drat powerful, just terrible at picking matches.

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
Yeah, he and Genos fought to a standstill and both have improved considerably since their (poor) showings against the Deep Sea King. My assumption this whole time is that Flashy Flash was on a different level above Sonic but apparently they’re not too far apart.

Nevil Maskelyne
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
the question of sos sonic's power level might not be that meaningful considering how it looks like his role in the story is to get owned by saitama in perpetuity but never lose (or win?) against any of the other high-powered people he gets into fights with

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Blaze Dragon posted:

I feel he's very Jogo from Jujutsu Kaisen right now, where the audience saw him as a joke because he decided to only pick fights with the strongest character in the setting (Gojo, Saitama) who's so far above anyone else that it was always going to be a one-sided beatdown, no matter what. Then we see him fighting weaker, yet still undeniably strong people, and it turns out he's actually really drat powerful, just terrible at picking matches.

Yeah, of course Tatsumaki was going to deflect him as a mere pest, as she would most entities in this world. She could probably get rid of everyone in s class simultaneously if she really wanted to

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mr. Lobe posted:

Yeah, of course Tatsumaki was going to deflect him as a mere pest, as she would most entities in this world. She could probably get rid of everyone in s class simultaneously if she really wanted to

except King of course

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Only because King is the only hero she unreservedly respects.

Or even if she decided to pick a fight with the whole S class at once, she'd go out of her way to avoid him since she'd figure he has some hidden countermeasure prepared.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Andrast posted:

except King of course

And Blast

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?

bitmap posted:

He got dick punched by Saitama and didn't explode into a cloud of gore. S class+ for sure.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Still laugh everytime I remember the slowmo of his crotch being gently nudged aside by Saitama's fist in the anime :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngq4dtPt34E

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The junk collector posted:

He got dick punched by Saitama and didn't explode into a cloud of gore. S class+ for sure.

He didn't get punched, he ran into his fist.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Andrast posted:

except King of course

I said, if she really wanted to. Unthinkable in King's case.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

He didn't get punched, he ran into his fist.

Well running at Mach Speed into an Diamond-Quantumcarbon wall and not getting Quake3 gored is pretty impressive too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

SpacePig posted:

Redrawing one of the Fubuki covers but she's replaced by Monako.

I made a request...

https://twitter.com/baalbuddy/status/1730515784223314312