Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Further Reading posted:

I got my first character to 30 and am now on the "get perfect itemisation" phase. Just to make sure I'm doing it right, here is what I'm doing:

1. Buy greys from brunt until I get the % numbers where I want them.
2. Upgrade that to orange.
3. Change up to two blessings/perks.
4. If I don't like what I have go back to step 1.

Pretty much. I've also gotten lucky on a handful of Emperor's Gifts and Melk weapons, where they were already gold tier, 78-80 on all stats, and only needed one or two elements modified to be perfect for my play style.

The Emperor's Gifts, in particular, are a much easier way to acquire good weapons than they were at release. I played a fair bit during the beta and initial release, and you didn't get a weapon with every mission. It was just a small random chance, so you could play 5 matches and only get a weapon once. I stopped playing in December and then came back last month, and now I'm just swimming in extra weapons that I can either improve upon or feed to Hadron to build my blessing repository

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

how DOES that blessing repository work?

I have to reroll item after item to get something with high level blessings, but I also could just.... replace them?

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Quick dumb question, I've looked around and can't find a definitive answer, but what exactly does stamina do?
Like....what harm is there in me mainly sprinting everywhere? I'm a Zealot, I have the perk that I count as dodging even when my Stamina is depleted....so. What am i missing out on by mainly being out of Stamina?
I slide run around, slide into combat to dodge pesky gunners and things like that but what else should I be using Stamina for while running around as a Vet or Psyker for example?

Also.....I think it's time for me to bump up the difficulty. Level 21 and only getting 2700xp a quickplay mission (difficulty 2) is starting to REALLY slow down my leveling.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Potato Salad posted:

I have to reroll item after item to get something with high level blessings, but I also could just.... replace them?

An orange item has two perks and two blessings, for a total of four slots. You may modify up to two of those slots as often as you can afford, but it locks the remaining two slots forever. You have access to the full perk list all the time, but blessings have to be unlocked by recycling the weapon at Hadron before they become available. Note that unlocked blessings are specific to the exact weapon mark, so getting Slaughterer on a Mark 3 doesn't mean you have it on a Mark 6. When looking at a weapon, you can tell if you've unlocked the blessings by the shading (a blessing you haven't unlocked will be partially greyed out).

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Quick dumb question, I've looked around and can't find a definitive answer, but what exactly does stamina do?
Like....what harm is there in me mainly sprinting everywhere? I'm a Zealot, I have the perk that I count as dodging even when my Stamina is depleted....so. What am i missing out on by mainly being out of Stamina?
I slide run around, slide into combat to dodge pesky gunners and things like that but what else should I be using Stamina for while running around as a Vet or Psyker for example?

Also.....I think it's time for me to bump up the difficulty. Level 21 and only getting 2700xp a quickplay mission (difficulty 2) is starting to REALLY slow down my leveling.

Stamina is used to block and push. Your slides are also shorter when out of stamina. It mostly means you're at a disadvantage in melee, but if you're good at dodging it can be fine. Psyker has basically zero delay for stamina regen for example, so you can sprint into a fight and start spamming pushes to get enemies off someone really fast. On the other hand, if you sprint into a horde to revive someone, a lack of stamina means you can't block and you're going to be interrupted.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
One of the more common mistakes I’ve seen people make is sprinting up to a poxburster, performing a shove and then getting blasted because their zero-stamina push does nothing

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Further Reading posted:

I got my first character to 30 and am now on the "get perfect itemisation" phase. Just to make sure I'm doing it right, here is what I'm doing:

Ooooooorrrrr, get the shop checker plugin and potentially save millions of dockets (but it takes longer, and you have to check the store). Steps 2-4 are still correct.

With your method, you are looking at a million plus per individual weapon to get something in the range you want.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Potato Salad posted:

So, there are a couple stats on the weapons. Perks and blessings. You're already at the point that you know most of this, but for anyone else reading this who just got into the game here's the most basic summary of both perks and blessings:

Weapons can have up to two perks and two blessings, which is what you'll see on a gold weapon.

You can modify two of those in total. So you could change both perks, or both blessings, or one of each. Once you've adjusted two elements, everything else gets locked, but you can continue to swap out the two that have already been modified. On curios, you can only modify perks because there are no blessings.

Perks are changed using the 'Refine Item' option, while blessings are changed using 'Re-Bless.'

Perks are straightforward. For weapons, it's stuff like +10% damage to flak armoured enemies, or +25% damage to unyielding enemies, or +10% melee weak spot damage. For curios, you'll have a single main attribute that can't be modified, like +1 wound point, as well as perks like 2% additional toughness. 15% corruption resistance. 20% damage resistance from snipers. They're broken into four tiers, with tier 4 providing the best of each possible category, and higher tiers cost more money/crafting materials. If you're going to swap out a perk, it should go without saying that T4 is the one you want. You have access to all possible perks; it's just a matter of affording them.

Blessings are a little more complicated, in that you need to have a blessing in your repository to apply it to another weapon. You do this by giving Hadron one of your weapons that already has that perk, using the 'Earn Blessing' option. You'll lose the weapon, but you will then be able to apply the blessing to other weapons of the same type. You can only choose a single perk to add to the repository, even if you're turning in a gold weapon with two perks. Once you've added a blessing to your repository, you can apply it to any compatible weapon.

So, for instance, let's say you receive a Kantrael Mark Ia lasrifle as a reward for completing a Haz 5 mission. It's gold. Not the greatest stat for damage, and frankly a low number for ammo. But! It has a couple of nice blessings, including Tier 4 Infernus, which you don't already have in the repository. So you select 'Earn Blessing' for that weapon, and you lose the weapon, but now T4 Infernus is available for use with your other Kantraels.

Of note, weapons are broken down into families, so you could use that T4 Infernus on a future Kantrael Mk Ia, or a Kantrael Mk XII, but you wouldn't be able to use it on an autogun or a plasma gun or a shotgun. Those are different families of weapons with their own blessings.

TL;DR. You can only replace a blessing if you've previously sacrificed a weapon that already had the blessing. Once you've done that, the blessing is in your repository and you can add it to any compatible weapon.

Edit: beaten to it by isndl. Brevity is wit.

Double edit: I speak with the Emperor's voice, ignore the false prophet isndl

Arc Light fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Dec 1, 2023

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

isndl posted:

Note that unlocked blessings are specific to the exact weapon mark, so getting Slaughterer on a Mark 3 doesn't mean you have it on a Mark 6. When looking at a weapon, you can tell if you've unlocked the blessings by the shading (a blessing you haven't unlocked will be partially greyed out).

This is horribly wrong, and you should feel bad for saying it.

For example there are 3 headhunter auto guns. Mk 3,6 and 9. Getting a blessing off of one headhunter autogun will unlock that specific blessing (and tier) FOR THE ENTIRE FAMILY. It will not, however unlock the same blessing on an infantry autogun, or a braced autogun. Marks within the same family though? Absolutely.

Charitably, isndl is getting confused with the psyker force staffs situation which are all considered different weapon families (and makes sense, they are all doing different things).

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

isndl posted:

Note that unlocked blessings are specific to the exact weapon mark, so getting Slaughterer on a Mark 3 doesn't mean you have it on a Mark 6.

This is entirely wrong. Blessings are locked to the weapon type, not mark. All tactical axes share the same blessings, all combat axes share the same blessings, all infantry autoguns share the same blessings, etc. The only exceptions are the psyker staves, since they're all unique weapon types.

Arc Light posted:

Edit: beaten to it by isndl. Brevity is wit.

They got a key fact wrong, so yours is better. :v:

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Did my first Malestrom!! Felt bad joining at only Rank 21 but I held my own mostly. Didn't die anymore than anyone else (2 deaths) That was fun but holy gently caress do I hate waves of 10 some hounds spawning repeatedly. Saw some Psyker going apeshit on everything, never went down, blocking and murdering poo poo like a boss. Makes me want to try Psyker again

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I'm edging my way into damnation after carrying about half of the heresy teams I've joined, and it's night and day how much more competent these dorks are lol

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Legit Businessman posted:

Ooooooorrrrr, get the shop checker plugin and potentially save millions of dockets (but it takes longer, and you have to check the store). Steps 2-4 are still correct.

With your method, you are looking at a million plus per individual weapon to get something in the range you want.

you pretty quickly run out of things to spend dockets on and it's much faster time wise to roll Brunts, though I'd say 500-700k is the average range and millions os just very unlucky. You can def cover all bases by doing both though!

Brunts is much better for when you really wanna just try out a weapon now, using the shop checker and keeping an eye out for solid bases in the Armory for weapons you might want to try in the future.

Fwiw i pretty much only use Brunt's and typically hover around 1 million dockets in my wallet, and I've never hit below 400k without rolling at least 3 good bases.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Pharmaskittle posted:

I'm edging my way into damnation after carrying about half of the heresy teams I've joined, and it's night and day how much more competent these dorks are lol

*slaps roof of Damnation Valkyrie* this bad boy attracts so many competent pubbies

just play Damnation if you're pubbing imo. So much easier than Heresy

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
There's two kinds of speed Zealot players. There's the ones that use their speed and knife attacks to tear it up and come in with clutch saves and then there's the assholes who think that they're hot poo poo for doing the above and decide they can solo damnation runs.

These idiots inevitably die and leave the mission and I'm more than happy to let them die while I stick by teammates and offer sick cohesion buffs with my shouty Vet.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Evil Kit posted:

*slaps roof of Damnation Valkyrie* this bad boy attracts so many competent pubbies

yeah on the one hand it's fun to be the team hero or at least last man standing, but it does get exhausting

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Legit Businessman posted:

This is horribly wrong, and you should feel bad for saying it.

For example there are 3 headhunter auto guns. Mk 3,6 and 9. Getting a blessing off of one headhunter autogun will unlock that specific blessing (and tier) FOR THE ENTIRE FAMILY. It will not, however unlock the same blessing on an infantry autogun, or a braced autogun. Marks within the same family though? Absolutely.

Charitably, isndl is getting confused with the psyker force staffs situation which are all considered different weapon families (and makes sense, they are all doing different things).

If i'm not mistaken there's at least one blessing that's very rare past level 15 and doesn't show up on higher level greys ever, some Zealot weapon?

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Evil Kit posted:

Average damnation pubbie vet on his 5th down of the run:
https://i.imgur.com/mAcBxxi.mp4

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Dec 1, 2023

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

Fishstick posted:

If i'm not mistaken there's at least one blessing that's very rare past level 15 and doesn't show up on higher level greys ever, some Zealot weapon?

Certain blessings only are rank 2, such as Flechette on shotguns and Rippers and Man-Stopper on shotguns.

Blessing from grey/green to blue at Hadron is extremely likely to get a rank 3 or occasionally a rank 4 blessing and so you won't quickly get those rank 2 specific blessings except at the armory blues which tend to be rank 1/2.

The blessings in question tend to be luxury picks so it's not a big deal if you don't have them.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I don't recall anyone linking this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mBMv2K2arc

E: She's so infected with a genestealer

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Is there anywhere I can go for a general summary of the story so far? I only really started playing (after beta) in the last couple of weeks.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Fishstick posted:

Average damnation pubbie vet on his 5th death of the run:

This is why I hate fire nades

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

TescoBag posted:

Is there anywhere I can go for a general summary of the story so far? I only really started playing (after beta) in the last couple of weeks.

I have good news and bad news

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

TescoBag posted:

The carnival cutscene is the story, so far.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Fishstick posted:

Average damnation pubbie vet on his 5th down of the run:
https://i.imgur.com/mAcBxxi.mp4

imo this is a bit of an outlier but it certainly has been happening with at least a bit more frequency. That said one person eating poo poo isn't that big a deal as long as they're good sports and trying their hardest.

TescoBag posted:

the cinematic that came with the first Carnival level is the most actual story we've gotten so far, Fatshark basically spent the year fixing issues and working on the class overhaul before starting up the story train.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

where's my Warhammer mk 40

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

I think the flavor text for the Moebian 21st Regiment gear provides more backstory than anything else that actually appears in the game.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Does being in coherency with your whole team give twice as much toughness regen as being with one person (4 vs 2), or three times as much (3 buddies vs 1 buddy)? Or is it more complicated?

e: Also, does it change the delay before regen kicks in? It doesn't feel like it does.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Arc Light posted:

I think the flavor text for the Moebian 21st Regiment gear provides more backstory than anything else that actually appears in the game.

Half the Veteran cosmetics have no flavor text at all.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Magitek posted:

One of the more common mistakes I’ve seen people make is sprinting up to a poxburster, performing a shove and then getting blasted because their zero-stamina push does nothing

Purgatus staff main attack aka the "puff" also shoves them back and has a decent range so Psykers are fairly good at ditching Busters. Just shove them a few times before they leap and when they boom nobody is hurt. Caveat: do not do it if an Ogryn is already there to push him back/knock him down in the ground. I'm great with Psykers but not so hot playing Ogres with the slapping Boomers away. Boomers are easy. Ragers and snipers are the bane of my existence as the Psyker. How every sniper and all 3-6 spawning Ragers immediately decide to target me every time I do not know.

Further Reading posted:

More vet questions since you guys are an excellent resource and have been very helpful. Plus I'm doing this for my guys and it's expensive and time consuming.

1)For the greys: any guides on which is an acceptable dump stat? I know with plasma it "feels" like ammo to be semi acceptable for a mediocre stat but not sure about others. Like for example combat knife? I keep getting even the best roll on knives with stats on like 70s to 80 except for one thing like penetration which keeps going from 40s to 50s. I want to make sure im not driving myself insane and wasting money to try to get everything in the 70s to 80 as it costing me insane amounts of money.

2) Hellbore lasgun: feels like mk2 is just the fastest firing hellbore but the very little I have found online people keep choosing the mk3. Is there a reason? Is there a best Hellbore?

3) Infantry Las vs Hellbore vs Recon. I know the recon's stregnths and weakness and just assumed the las and hellbore were the next flavours of las trading off rate of fire for more damage. Looking at stats seems that way with Hellbore doing some more penetration. I found https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/109lloy/a_veteran_review_of_all_guns_after_150_heresy/ but I trust you guys far more in regards to input that Reddit. Also does not have anything on melee.

4 and last) I've been mainly using chainsword and power sword. Power Sword has started winning as I've gone to higher difficulties simply because it cleaves through the mobs. Other classes I know how to handle crushers and maulers and, with vet, I use plasma or unload with recon so those guys aren't an issue but mobs of little infected are what have been my bane. Power sword handles that just fine. Chainsword is alright with it's quick strikes. I'm assuming a knife is going to be a faster version of the sword where there's no cleave but I can just spam light attacks and gets a natural plus to mobility. That true? Should I still strive for a knife with all stats in the 70-80 range or will the penetration always be 30-50? I will say I do like the face stabbing heavy attack. Again, all this is for a vet and just need a weapon to deal with mobs mainly without wasting ammo/when they are up in my grill.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I've been using the Hellbore Mk2 and I do prefer it over the Mk3. It shoots fast and the bayonet stab has some really good range for poking ragers.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Some guy was screaming bloody murder that I wouldn't drop the ammo crate to fill up half of one guy's gun, on Malice. When I finally did drop it at the finale he was on the other side of the map farming kills. Seemed to survive fine without it. Huh.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

TescoBag posted:

For most of the game’s life the story has been “you’re a prisoner, fight a Nurgle invasion.” Now it’s “Nurgle invasion but with one named villain who you see in one cutscene and occasionally hear on the radio.”

Also am I crazy or were the friendly characters talking about the Moebian 6th not in the game at launch? It took me a moment after starting again to realize they were the traitor guard.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
There is an absolute ton of added dialogue added, so you're not crazy. Well, not because of this, anyway.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Fishstick posted:

Let's continue this game of telephone.

Most blessings in this game have 4 Tiers. A handful of blessings have 2 tiers, and another handful have 1 tier. Just to be extra confusing, the 2 tier only blessings are counted as T3 and T4 (Blazing Spirit, Infernus, Power Cycler). Single tier blessings can be T2, T3, or T4, depending on how powerful they are.

It is less likely that a single tier blessing which falls into the t2 slot (Flechette, in this case), would show up on a 360+ grey item as you build it up to transcendent. It isn't impossible, just unlikely, given the behind the scenes odds that Fatshark has implemented into this sort of thing.

You can still find it in the shop, and it is still possible to roll up in crafting, just statistically very unlikely, as the game will bias the blessings towards 3 and 4 as you craft up your powerful greys into blues and oranges.

I hope that makes sense, fatshark has no idea how to document anything in this loving game, and the amount of telephone/tribal knowledge/uncle works at nintendo bullshit is starting to drive me nuts.

DogsInSpace! posted:

More vet questions since you guys are an excellent resource and have been very helpful. Plus I'm doing this for my guys and it's expensive and time consuming.

1)For the greys: any guides on which is an acceptable dump stat? I know with plasma it "feels" like ammo to be semi acceptable for a mediocre stat but not sure about others. Like for example combat knife? I keep getting even the best roll on knives with stats on like 70s to 80 except for one thing like penetration which keeps going from 40s to 50s. I want to make sure im not driving myself insane and wasting money to try to get everything in the 70s to 80 as it costing me insane amounts of money.

2) Hellbore lasgun: feels like mk2 is just the fastest firing hellbore but the very little I have found online people keep choosing the mk3. Is there a reason? Is there a best Hellbore?

3) Infantry Las vs Hellbore vs Recon. I know the recon's stregnths and weakness and just assumed the las and hellbore were the next flavours of las trading off rate of fire for more damage. Looking at stats seems that way with Hellbore doing some more penetration. I found https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/109lloy/a_veteran_review_of_all_guns_after_150_heresy/ but I trust you guys far more in regards to input that Reddit. Also does not have anything on melee.

4 and last) I've been mainly using chainsword and power sword. Power Sword has started winning as I've gone to higher difficulties simply because it cleaves through the mobs. Other classes I know how to handle crushers and maulers and, with vet, I use plasma or unload with recon so those guys aren't an issue but mobs of little infected are what have been my bane. Power sword handles that just fine. Chainsword is alright with it's quick strikes. I'm assuming a knife is going to be a faster version of the sword where there's no cleave but I can just spam light attacks and gets a natural plus to mobility. That true? Should I still strive for a knife with all stats in the 70-80 range or will the penetration always be 30-50? I will say I do like the face stabbing heavy attack. Again, all this is for a vet and just need a weapon to deal with mobs mainly without wasting ammo/when they are up in my grill.

1) no. Ask around. there's a discord (probably multiple!) where you can ask about this sort of stuff. As a rule of thumb, Mobility, defences, and collateral can be dumped with very little loss of functionality.
Penetration is important on the knife, from what I recall. The stats in order are Damage, then Finesse/First Target/Penetration as a group, and then Mobility. On Plas, charge speed can be dumped a little bit - 73 is the magic number (don't fuckin ask), and thermal resistance can also be dumped a little bit. Ammo can also be dumped, the difference between +60% and +80% is like 24 shots total. But the plas is pretty ammo starved.

2) people prefer the mk3 because it hits like a truck. Most of the weapons (at least the ranged ones) that do so (ie the low rof but high damage) are preferred in this game as it reduces your exposure to counterfire and tend to be more ammo efficient (and don't give you an RSI on your clicking finger).

3) Laguns in all flavours are sort of not good right now, or at least they are being overshadowed by Plasma, which is the current king of the vet's ranged weapon choices. Link posted is 11 months old and doesn't contemplate the patch 13 changes (basically darktide 2.0). read it to get a feel otherwise ignore it

4) vet doesn't really want a knife except for very specific circumstances involving talents in the right tree. If you're asking here, you're not ready for it. (it's more an exercise in self discovery and frustration that only you can personally journey and waste time/dockets on). The most straightfoward recommendation for horde clear is Power Sword with Power Cycler IV. That's busted as gently caress. Failing that because you don't have power cycler, look into a devil's claw mk1 or 4 to help horde clear. Chainswords are fine as well, iirc.

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Dec 1, 2023

megane
Jun 20, 2008

DogsInSpace! posted:

Purgatus staff main attack aka the "puff" also shoves them back and has a decent range so Psykers are fairly good at ditching Busters. Just shove them a few times before they leap and when they boom nobody is hurt. Caveat: do not do it if an Ogryn is already there to push him back/knock him down in the ground. I'm great with Psykers but not so hot playing Ogres with the slapping Boomers away. Boomers are easy. Ragers and snipers are the bane of my existence as the Psyker. How every sniper and all 3-6 spawning Ragers immediately decide to target me every time I do not know.
The key to handing Ragers as a Psyker is backsliding. Learn the animation they do to wind up for their big stupid combo, and then dodge-slide backwards when you see it. They're locked into the combo and can't move much during it, so that's your chance to kill them or flee behind your Ogryn or whatever. The Deimos FS is a good option for handling them.

My only advice for snipers is to train yourself to dodge to the side whenever you hear the noise, even if you don't see the laser. Same as Trappers, really.

Knives kind of want all their stats to be high, but penetration is probably the least important. My knives are pretty balanced in terms of stats. And generally you shouldn't worry too much; people aim for super-high stat totals, but in most cases a 340-base-rating weapon is entirely serviceable all the way up through auric damnation as long as it doesn't dump something vital like damage. The exceptions would be things like the plasma gun, which really does want sky-high stats and has a bizarre bug that makes 73 charge speed better than 74 or something.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

You can safely dumpster mobility on any weapon as long as you get max dodges on the knife. But yeah veteran knife is an exercise in frustration, leave that to the zealot

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Full disclosure: this is just my opinion but I don't think the Hellbores are very good. Like they're not unworkable or anything, but they just don't work how they'd appear to. What first looks like a sniper rifle is better used as a compromise between the bottomless ammo supply of something like the kantreal and the special stopping power of the plasma. Hellbores excel when hitting stationary targets at long range so gunners, reapers, and snipers, but those targets tend to get deleted instantly anyway. I dunno maybe somebody has made it work but I've been trying since beta.

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

One thing I'm terrible for is using my book exactly when another zealot uses their book. Then we're there shouting awkwardly at each other because we're worried the other zealot will drop their's first. Then our cooldowns are in sync so it keeps happening.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Some guy was screaming bloody murder that I wouldn't drop the ammo crate to fill up half of one guy's gun, on Malice. When I finally did drop it at the finale he was on the other side of the map farming kills. Seemed to survive fine without it. Huh.

People are just being wasteful if they aren't splitting the ammo pickups evenly until someone is about to hit 0% to finally drop an ammo crate during a boss or nasty wave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

DogsInSpace! posted:

1. Plasma questions

2) Why mk 3

3) Infantry Las vs Hellbore vs Recon.

4 and last) I've been mainly using chainsword and power sword. Power Sword has started winning as I've gone to higher difficulties simply because it cleaves through the mobs.

1. Unfortunately the Plasma does want all its stats. It doesn't have a dump stat per se but ammo is the closest thing.

2. The mark 3 is popular because with shock trooper talent and crit seeking, as well as surgical and onslaught makes it fire at a good pace, with extremely high damage and ammo efficiency. It hits hard enough to 2 shot crushers.

3. That being said though, the infantry lasgun mk12 and 1a are currently in very good spots. They do good damage and have good ammo efficiency and are way more forgiving to use than the helbores along with better sights. Recons used to be very good but recent nerfs have left them a little wanting on higher difficulties.

4. Power, chain, and devils claw swords are good options for what you want here. The knife is way more suited to zealots and isnt as good at helping keeping mixed hordes off of you especially if you get pinned and need space immediately.