Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

You missed the funniest part of that entire report.

WWE knew punk was coming back because his camp already made two attempts to crawl back to them. Once while he was still under AEW contract (probably post Brawl Out?) and one BEFORE he ever signed with AEW. lmao Punk is pathetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
So he's been broke for awile.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

1glitch0 posted:

He was really counting on getting to be a marvel comics writer and when that fizzled, he must have been completely out of ideas

:sad:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The while-contracted part we definitely knew about. Remember April when he got kicked out of visiting backstage after apologizing to Miz

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

1glitch0 posted:

Yikes, what the hell is he wasting his money on? I thought he lived in a warehouse over a barber shop or something.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

starbucks gift cards :(

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

What's the story behind that?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Red posted:

Yikes, what the hell is he wasting his money on? I thought he lived in a warehouse over a barber shop or something.

Danhausen's an expensive sugar baby.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Red posted:

4 million dollar LA house on top of that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hel posted:

What's the story behind that?

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2023/01/02/cm-punk-members-of-the-pinnacle-500-starbucks-gift-cards-before-mjf-feud/

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/1149551/dax-harwood-comments-on-relationship-between-cm-punk-and-aew-prior-to-all-out/

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Red posted:

i like to imagine he remembers the face of everybody he bought an ice cream for in that arena and anytime he sees them he asks for a couple dollars

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
also whatever it cost to make ten thousand ice cream bars for his debut

e;f,b

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Red posted:

What do his knuckles say

I’M BROKE

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I don't remember if its a lie, but the best Punk money fact was when he came to AEW the first time and PWTees had to buy EVERY RINGER TEE ON EARTH which is a funny thing to do

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

rotinaj posted:

He was really counting on getting to be a marvel comics writer and when that fizzled, he must have been completely out of ideas

:sad:

How much do you think a comic book writer gets paid?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Red posted:

Well how many good years did he really have? I assume usually under a million a year in WWE and he retired at like 38-ish?

A multi million dollar house burns through poo poo quick.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

DeepDickPizza posted:

How much do you think a comic book writer gets paid?

Hundreds of millions of dollars, surely

Look how well the movies are doingwere doing

I am sure that the disney corporation is letting that wealth trickle down

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

rotinaj posted:

Hundreds of millions of dollars, surely

Look how well the movies are doingwere doing

I am sure that the disney corporation is letting that wealth trickle down

The comic books aren't even the same department as the movies, they separated those concerns a long time ago. Marvel Comics is just an IP farm to Disney.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cabbit posted:

The comic books aren't even the same department as the movies, they separated those concerns a long time ago. Marvel Comics is just an IP farm to Disney.

I was being extremely sarcastic and that is hard to read through text

As a failed writer myself, I know how dogshit the pay is and was just joshin’

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

rotinaj posted:

I was being extremely sarcastic and that is hard to read through text

As a failed writer myself,
Come on man, your posts aren’t that bad

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Lamuella posted:

I used to think that wwe's problem was that they have nobody credible to beat reigns, but I was in retrospect wrong. They have plenty of credible people, they're just terrified of taking the title off him.

Part of it is baked into WWE culture aka Vincent Kennedy McMahon. Vince was always a chosen one kinda guy with Hogan, Bret DieselShawn, Stone Cold, Rock, Cena and now Reigns. He played around with others and sometimes seemed like he actually might push more but always tended to focus on just one guy from the very start when it was his baby. With Roman it's almost a desperation and part of me wonders if it is because he's Vince's LAST guy. Vince probably doesn't even fully realize this consciously because he tells himself he is immortal but, as his brains turn even more to mush, he's desperate for Roman to be the greatest champ of all time and geared to break Bruno Sammartino, his dad's champion insane record. I might be wrong but the boomers I know definitely (and sometimes not even secretly) hate their parents and are getting even more desperate to bypass their accomplishments before death. I know Vince isn't supposedly running the book anymore but that place reeks of VKM's bad touch and I'm guessing it would take decades to go away if it ever truly would. It's weird seeing relatives of mine age and, although most aren't as rich as Vince, have many of the same awful qualities. Most of them are getting even more desperate and awful as they near death.... like they just know their time to inflict more damage is ending and then have even more poopy diapers on sticks to distribute.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Cody getting hosed over AND Roman becoming a limp face again?! Oh this is too much

I took a break from PSP for a while and coming back has been hilarious and a bit sad. I used to think Punk was so cool back in the day.... <sigh>. I swear catching up has been freakin wild. So many lols.

rotinaj posted:

In my experience, nearly any old shoot video from that time period will have at least one thing that has aged enormously poorly

It is kinda incredible how long ago and yet how not long ago the early 2000s feels
Tell me about it. I actually bought shoot DVDs with the Brian Kendrick and Paul London just because I thought those guys were hilarious. BK doing conspiracy talk just sounded like this guy I knew in high school and I didn't even get half of it until a few years ago. Paul London is hopefully still a nice dude right?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

oldpainless posted:

Come on man, your posts aren’t that bad

They are pretty bad

But I had hopes of publishing a book before I actually tried and the amount of scams, bullshit economics, and the gatekeeper system of lit agents vs publishers, along with the stunningly low pay, made me finally just stop trying

Also, writing a cyberpunk dystopia book when we are slipping into a cyberpunk dystopia felt like it was very hard to out-weird the world

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Guess what company is doing layoffs right before Christmas?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Cody come back home 🙏

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Spirit Halloween probably

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Just getting rid of Punk's enemies.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
Punk's body will never last to get to a Roman match next year, and I just don't see Cody ever beating their top star for their top title. So it'll be interesting to see how long this Roman thing goes I guess. I would have gave the title to Sami but business keeps going up even without the world champion on TV so what do I know.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rotinaj posted:

Also, writing a cyberpunk dystopia book when we are slipping into a cyberpunk dystopia felt like it was very hard to out-weird the world

This is basically how The Onion has felt for the last decade

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Call it cope but to me the plan would likely be

Cody beats Reigns at Mania, Punk beats Seth. A babyface Roman chases Punk for the World title for a year culminating in a Wrestlemania match. We probably get Austin vs Punk at some point.

But also Punk will just get injured and none of this will happen too

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

Eat My Fuc posted:

Call it cope but to me the plan would likely be

Cody beats Reigns at Mania, Punk beats Seth. A babyface Roman chases Punk for the World title for a year culminating in a Wrestlemania match. We probably get Austin vs Punk at some point.

But also Punk will just get injured and none of this will happen too

Why would Roman chase for the jobber world title when he already works a minimum of dates

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

4 star Roman but it’s 4 1-star matches a year

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
It would be very wwe to do Austin vs Punk in 25' instead of next year. They are still both so young and spry! What's another year waiting!

Or do it at a blood money show just to really show Punk will take the blood money

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Punk’s so broke he had to borrow Danhausen’s wrestling boots for his world title match, poor guy

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1730646084618182715?t=nV-1WL2nHJByaGI2WGTwFg&s=19

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Long-term plan is Reigns/Punk; comedy option/thus the likely option is Reigns retains over Cody (expected), the "Heyman guy" quote comes into play and Heyman picks Punk, Reigns ends up face and retaining over Punk

:laffo:

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

I wonder if Vic Joseph will make any subtle reference to this on NXT

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I really hope Sasha comes back to WWE, or back to Japan. AEW just isn’t a good place for women’s wrestling and Ring of Honor is too small time for Sasha, but it’s the only place Tony Khan seems to book women well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Eat My Fuc posted:

I really hope Sasha comes back to WWE, or back to Japan. AEW just isn’t a good place for women’s wrestling and Ring of Honor is too small time for Sasha, but it’s the only place Tony Khan seems to book women well.

i hope she doesn't because wwe doesn't deserve good things