Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mystes
May 31, 2006

immortan joe is the protagonist of immortius obviously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

it's immortan' time

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Beeftweeter posted:

lol sorry i was just brushing my teeth

so: i had actually forgotten about this but it turns out i have two amazon accounts, there's one i use my "main" email with, which is what they emailed, but is not my "main" amazon account. the other i switched to sometime in 2011 apparently but is the one i use for most stuff and was still logged into when i went to amazon.com, so i had dismissed the email as false. but then i remembered the other one

that one gave me this when trying to login

but i'm nearly certain i've seen that screen before. it comes up after you haven't logged in for a while, which i certainly haven't with that account (...although, now that i think about it, i might have tried to use that account on android)

i guess i'll go through the reset hoops and see what happens but that email says i need to call them to re-enable the account, which makes me think it's just the first thing (that i haven't logged into it in a long time). so it might still be phishing. lets see

this mf loves jeff so much he has two amazon accounts

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

quiggy posted:

no that's claptrap

i thought that guy was in twisted metal

or was it donkey kong country

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

graph posted:

i thought immortan joe was that guy from the borderlands games

handsome jack

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Beeftweeter posted:

handsome jack

ah yeah thats it

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

mystes posted:

it's immortan' time

my favorite part of fury road was when furious max said "it's furyin' time" and furied all over those guys

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
whats the guy from xenoblade. like gregarious robert

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Roosevelt posted:

look it's not my fault his name is one letter away from "benzos"

mystes
May 31, 2006

Roosevelt posted:

I have two amazon.jp accounts because I bought something from it and then like five years later I tried to buy something else and it asked me to enter the last four digits of my credit card number or something weird to verify my identity when I logged in and I had no record of the old one

Very helpful of them to protect my long since expired credit card by not allowing me to log into the account again unless I knew the old expired credit card number

I really hate how all these companies do stuff like this now where even if you know the username and password and control the email address, they'll still randomly decide to add other undocumented identity verification steps when they feel like it

Apparently google is the worst and if you only log in from your computer and don't have any android devices and you don't have 2fa set up, they might just randomly decide to block you from logging in forever even if you know the password if you lose your cookie and try to log in from a different geographical region

mystes fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Dec 1, 2023

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
n.b. is it even possible to view headers on ios mail? seems like something that might be useful and having used it for uhh 16 loving years now i'm not aware of any way of doing so

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

mystes posted:

I have two amazon.jp accounts because I bought something from it and then like five years later I tried to buy something else and it asked me to enter the last four digits of my credit card number or something weird to verify my identity when I logged in and I had no record of the old one

Very helpful of them to protect my long since expired credit card by not allowing me to log into the account again unless I knew the old expired credit card number

I really hate how all these companies do stuff like this now where even if you know the username and password and control the email address, they'll still randomly decide to add other undocumented identity verification steps when they feel like it

Apparently google is the worst and if you only log in from your computer and don't have any android devices and you don't have 2fa set up, they might just randomly decide to block you from logging in forever even if you know the password if you lose your cookie and try to log in from a different geographical region

lol you just reminded me i have an amazon.co.jp account also

i got my casio lineage through it and a dropshipping service

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Beeftweeter posted:

n.b. is it even possible to view headers on ios mail? seems like something that might be useful and having used it for uhh 16 loving years now i'm not aware of any way of doing so

sounds like poweruser talk and no one even needs that anyway, you moran, you absolute buffoon -- steve apple

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Beeftweeter posted:

there has been a many years long trend in ios and macos to hide information from the user in the name of simplicity, i wouldn't hold your breath for a feature like this

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i thought she died years ago

same. mandela is up to his old tricks again

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
ios mail no, trivial in macos mail

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

got so much cheese in my pocket they thought i was a fuckin calzone

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS
Why do you have cheese in your pocket hilbo

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

they needed a stealth soldier so i put my hands on the hibachi hot plate at benihana and burned my fuckin finger prints off. they will not find me

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

go to bed

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

bunch of meetings cancelled today.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

four back to back meetings this morning, i'm dying

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
cjs: i trusted but didnt verify :cry:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

rotor posted:

rip

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

rotor posted:

me on 90% of the tickets I work

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Beeftweeter posted:

yes

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
gently caress i thought you said macos sorry

here's echo instead. i should cut the tag off the bed now

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Tayter Swift posted:

here's echo instead. i should cut the tag off the bed now

<3

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

small

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

that's a small dog

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
who is more smål eggy or echo

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

graph posted:

who is more smål eggy or echo

leggo my echo

echo seems larger in person, maybe a bit smaller than tater. he's about 11 pounds. i bet eggy is more smöl

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

my top guy is quitting :(

he wants to be able to go into an office ??? (we have one, but he lives in south america)

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Truman Peyote posted:

he wants to be able to go into an office ???

it is fine shaming people for wanting *others* to go to an office, but wanting a social workplace for oneself is obviously a perfectly normal and good thing to want.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

rest assured you can find many more top guys on grindr

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

no. he should be put in jail for wanting to go to the office. and so should i

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

quiggy posted:

rest assured you can find many more top guys on grindr

apparently in turkey you can be gay and in the army if and only if you're a top (they turf you out if and only if you're a bottom)

significant because it gets you out of conscription

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

bob dobbs is dead posted:

apparently in turkey you can be gay and in the army if and only if you're a top

i think they've changed the policy but yeah, hilariously they led to a cottage industry of guys trying to be excused from military service by hiring other guys to top them, recording it, and sending it in

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

bob dobbs is dead posted:

apparently in turkey you can be gay and in the army if and only if you're a top (they turf you out if and only if you're a bottom)

significant because it gets you out of conscription

you have to prove it with footage of you railing a dude though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

it is fine shaming people for wanting *others* to go to an office, but wanting a social workplace for oneself is obviously a perfectly normal and good thing to want.

if i was still fulltime wfh id be loving insane by now