Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Kheldarn posted:

I have never read the LP Announcement thread, so that's not a problem for me. :smuggo:

Also I'm incredibly disappointed to hear that. I put so much work into copying that OP verbatim and only changing a couple of words from the last guy who posted it because he got perma'd for randomly posting a thread about how he used his stuffed animals to masturbate when he was younger for some insane reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

Also I'm incredibly disappointed to hear that. I put so much work into copying that OP verbatim and only changing a couple of words from the last who posted it because he got perma'd for randomly posting a thread about how he used his stuffed animals to masturbate when he was younger for some insane reason.

Well... okay. :stonklol:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Crazy thing to let's play

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
It was one of those illustrious posting careers that consisted of a couple thousand otherwise normal, completely forgettable posts and 1 "I used to stick my dick in Winnie the Pooh while I cranked it, did anyone else do that too? (USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)"

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

nine-gear crow posted:

It was one of those illustrious posting careers that consisted of a couple thousand otherwise normal, completely forgettable posts and 1 "I used to stick my dick in Winnie the Pooh while I cranked it, did anyone else do that too? (USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)"

Every time I think I've heard about everyone who decided to self-destruct in the LP subforum, there's another.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

It's basically tradition at this point

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
why have you cursed me with this knowledge

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

So that you are ready for whatever horrors 2024 might throw at us.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

when i finally self-destruct i'm taking all of you with me

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I've seen worse, and will see worse

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

this derail is going places

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Mega64 posted:

The first one that always pops into my head on this type of derail is captain clop (don't remember the actual user name)

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Explosionface posted:

The first one that always pops into my head on this type of derail is captain clop (don't remember the actual user name)

I think I can guess what this guy was about.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That was in this very thread! This year, even!

e: oh god I think I'm thinking of a different guy

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://i.imgur.com/ZJ0kTnP.mp4

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Mega64 posted:

You have invited worse by the audacity of LPing someone's hack and them talking normally about it until....

Explosionface posted:

that.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Vitamin Me posted:

this derail is going places

It's the end of the year, we need to do our yearly "What gross sex poo poo did an LPer do this year?" audit.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Every time I watch this I get jumpscared by "I had to wonder if Dan was an ex-brony" before remembering he meant Dan Olson

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Danaru posted:

Every time I watch this I get jumpscared by "I had to wonder if Dan was an ex-brony" before remembering he meant Dan Olson

I mean... are you? :raise:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I can assure you, I'm a fan of a lot of dumb poo poo, but I have never been a brony.

Like, christ you have no idea how much five nights at freddy's lore I have memorized, I have basically no shame or taste

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
My posts have sparked a lot of discussion about swxual deviancy lately.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

I mean... are you? :raise:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Danaru posted:

I can assure you, I'm a fan of a lot of dumb poo poo, but I have never been a brony.

Like, christ you have no idea how much five nights at freddy's lore I have memorized, I have basically no shame or taste

freddies are just edgelord ponies

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Hwurmp posted:

freddies are just edgelord ponies

Submitted the perma request

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

Also I'm incredibly disappointed to hear that. I put so much work into copying that OP verbatim and only changing a couple of words from the last guy who posted it because he got perma'd for randomly posting a thread about how he used his stuffed animals to masturbate when he was younger for some insane reason.

once again the gross chud mods kinkshame. thats why i stepped down

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Cooked Auto posted:

So that you are ready for whatever horrors 2024 might throw at us.

Narrator: He would not be ready.

VVV: hey buddy speak for yourself I'm a prophet

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Dec 4, 2023

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

None of us will be.
None.

Melth
Feb 16, 2015

Victory and/or death!
Hello! I've been doing a Baldur's Gate 3 Let's Play (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4040619) but I recently changed the focus of it. Originally it had been a blind run, but I've decided to end that part of it early and now do a challenge run.

I would like to have the thread name changed if possible, and it was recommended I ask for that here.

Could the name be changed from "Baldur's Gate 3: A Blind Run" to perhaps
"Baldur's Gate 3 Honor Mode: No Long Rests, No Heal Potions, No Mercy!"

Thanks!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Melth posted:

Hello! I've been doing a Baldur's Gate 3 Let's Play (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4040619) but I recently changed the focus of it. Originally it had been a blind run, but I've decided to end that part of it early and now do a challenge run.

I would like to have the thread name changed if possible, and it was recommended I ask for that here.

Could the name be changed from "Baldur's Gate 3: A Blind Run" to perhaps
"Baldur's Gate 3 Honor Mode: No Long Rests, No Heal Potions, No Mercy!"

Thanks!

Done!

Melth
Feb 16, 2015

Victory and/or death!

Much appreciated!

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I recently became a co-commentator for an LP but my everything is bad. Still I want to improve and grow. Here's the link btw: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4020609&pagenumber=2 I'm in chapter 4 part 1.

Violet_Sky fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Dec 5, 2023

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

You're fine, relax

TitusGroen
Sep 30, 2021

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Namtab posted:

Violet_Sky posted:

I recently became a co-commentator for an LP but my everything is bad. Still I want to improve and grow. Here's the link btw: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4020609&pagenumber=2 I'm in chapter 4 part 1.

You're fine, relax

He's wrong. You're doing terrible. Let that fear spur you to ever greater heights! (Or paranoia)
(PS: I'm sure you're doing great. Just have fun! This is a hobby after all.)

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!

Violet_Sky posted:

Congrats on taking that step! My first and last experience in that venture was 8 years ago with a very nice person who I always felt like they deserved better than what I offered. It was during a time when my mental health was in decline and a lot of other fun things involved surrounding it were in full force. But I did try to engage in conversation, put some research into some things and made notes to talk about in later recordings.

You'll learn and grow with each experience, it's one thing to hear commentary and another thing to provide it yourself. Co-commentary is another ball game entirely. I've always been open to co-commenting again but since my second child unexpectedly burst onto the scene I've kept to solo projects as my free time has been strictly limited over the years. It's also hard to organise anything when I have no real idea what's happening in my own life.

I've listened to the LP while typing and you're doing fine and I can hear in your voice that you're starting to relax the longer that it progresses. I've been avoiding FF LPs as I've been slowly working my way through the series over the last few years and recently completed IX so I'm not wanting to get ahead of things too much, but Covok sounds pretty chill.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless
I'm currently in the planning stages for a new let's play that I think will be pretty good, but I should probably get approval before going ahead with it the way I plan to. The game in question is Fear & Hunger, and while I don't think it runs afoul of anything within the Let's Play Forum rules for SA (At least, as long as I'm reasonably upfront with what to expect from the game), it'd probably be prudent to get approval before doing it anyway. I'll be creating a test post here for a hypothetical thread, and if the mod team would rather I not press on, I fully understand and will pursue other projects. I'd highly advise looking up information on this game after reading this post to determine whether or not it's suitable for the forum.

Thread Title: What's the most you've ever lost in a coin toss? Let's Play Fear & Hunger!

*CONTENT WARNING!*: Fear & Hunger is an extremely grimdark game with plenty of content some may find upsetting. The game contains scenes of mutilation, sexual violence, body horror, exposed genitalia (both heavily deformed varieties as well as the occasional nude though not really graphic human sprite), drug use and themes of suicide and mental breakdowns. Essentially if it seems like a really edgy thing to put in a game, Fear & Hunger probably at least references it. Viewer discretion is strongly advised.

The Game

Fear & Hunger is a 2018 horror/Role-playing game made in RPG maker with extremely spaghetti custom code, created by Finnish independent developer Miro Haverinen AKA Happy Paintings AKA Orange~. (Mans is like a rapper with all these aliases) Billed as a horror dungeon crawler with roguelike and JRPG elements (though the roguelike aspect is about as tacked on and loose as that term gets), the game is an unholy conglomeration of trial-and-error, buggy coding and edge. Heavily inspired by Berserk, (by orange's own admission and obvious to anyone who has read/seen the series) Fear & Hunger seems to have been made under the impression Darkest Dungeon was too cheery and optimistic and decides to approach the medieval fantasy genre in the most grimdark way imaginable. The usual suspects of permadeath and sanity decay are present, but Fear & Hunger also features the possibility of permanent limb loss, death by infection, states where the game is technically playable but effectively unwinnable, and loads of beginner traps where the only way to realistically get around them is either blunder into them and use the knowledge gained to avoid that in the future, or use a guide. In terms of atmosphere and story content, the game is unashamedly edgy and checks all the boxes you'd expect for a Grimdark game. While my sardonic approach to describing all this might sound negative, I actually really love the game for how much it does not care what people will think of it, and I respect how hard it goes. And if you're willing to put up with the transparently unfair gameplay loop, this game is great fun to delve into and learn about, and is very rich in tension. And I hope to demonstrate why I think it's pretty great to you, the viewer, with this let's play!

The Let's Play

Per my standard, we'll be delving into this game about deep as I can go without dedicating my life to it. We'll be completing successful runs of the game with all characters, obtaining all endings in the standard game, and then obtaining each character specific ending in the game's ultra-sadistic Hard Mode. We'll also be doing at least one playthrough of the parody dating sim mode the game gives you a code for upon completion, though I will not personally commit to every ending you can obtain from that. I will also be sure to show off as many major worthwhile secrets in the game that might be worth routing into a playthrough if you were tackling the game yourself. For anything I don't feel is worth personally going for but I feel is notable enough, I'll likely link to videos from the channel NoCommentary, a Fear & Hunger fan channel that contains videos for just about any obscure event or secret you could possibly think of contained in both games in the series. With all that being said,

The Videos

*IMPORTANT NOTE*: While a censorship mod does exist for the game, it excises about 30-35% of the graphics from the game. Having to describe what you're supposed to see would get old fast, so I won't be using it. It's also highly impractical for me to censor anything I'd feel worth it personally, as it would turn the videos into an editing nightmare. With that established, these videos will be covering the unmodified game, and thus I will be age-restricting them as to not run afoul of Youtube's guidelines. While I sincerely doubt anyone under the age of 18 will be seeing this thread, it is worth noting you will need a Youtube account with the age tied to the account being 18 or over to actually watch these videos.

That's my pitch. As I said, if the mod team objects to this game being featured on the forum, I fully understand and will just focus on other less triggering things.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
If you involve the little girl in anything unsavoury I will obliterate you, otherwise I feel like anybody entering a Funger LP knows what they're getting into, and if not your content warning is pretty in depth

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless

Danaru posted:

If you involve the little girl in anything unsavoury I will obliterate you, otherwise I feel like anybody entering a Funger LP knows what they're getting into, and if not your content warning is pretty in depth

Fortunately, the game has you covered there as you can't do anything with the girl and the old Gods kill you if you try to get fresh with the demon kid.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Dope, you're good

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
Ah yes, Fear&Hunger, part of the "Finland is a pretty weird place" trinity together with Cruelty Squad and Ultrakill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Truly a land of contrasts.