Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Hippocrass posted:

The 'uh' dore
not
The 'ooooooooooooooooooh' dore

Thee oh dore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah it clicked for me back in the day when his screen name was T-adore.

because you pay attention. you PAY ATTENTION

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Philippe, Shakira can not be your vice president

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

My headcannon pronounces Tee-adore and Phil-leap.

This dude is turning into JK Rowling just rewriting history to clarify characters and I'm NOT ABOUT IT.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

I had an ex that informed me that my favorite comic is actually pronounced "Ake Wood" and I just can't reverse years of saying "Aysh Wood" in my head.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Scags McDouglas posted:

I had an ex that informed me that my favorite comic is actually pronounced "Ake Wood" and I just can't reverse years of saying "Aysh Wood" in my head.

I used to pronounce it Ah-chee-wood, so don't feel bad

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

You just pronounce it any old way you want dear and the good lord God will provide

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Achoowood

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
H-wood

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

this, but the Catholic/Australian H

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
A - Che - wood

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Can't spell Achewood without chew

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Scags McDouglas posted:

if it helps the fictional etymology is that achewood is used to make a drink like absinthe called Achewater that induces melancholy, hence the name

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
melan chollie

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I simply pronounce them "Achewood", "Téodor", "Philippe", and "Todd".

That last one really helped me out when I played Elden Ring.

EDIT: Does the shop. Have a special boy shirt. Does it have this thing.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I can't tell if Tina is running a scam, but hiring a slacker like Teodor would be the biggest indicator for that.

Dunny
Jul 11, 2022

On that secret Taco Bell menu since small times

(Thanks for the Achewood collection, dude)

moot the hopple posted:

I can't tell if Tina is running a scam, but hiring a slacker like Teodor would be the biggest indicator for that.

Tina has an MBA. She doesn't want to work, she wants to think she's working.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Merry Christmas from Nice Pete I guess.

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Are Grieg's stultifying compositions worse than the pedantic and joyless guitar music of Robert Fripp?

credit where due, reference-wise.
(e: two minutes later) How do I upvote you, oh wait, I'm back on SA and this isn't reddit. "I HEREBY UPVOTE THEE!" there we go, I suppose.

anime tupac fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Dec 2, 2023

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
ew don’t bring reddit poo poo into here

just give a guy props or whatever

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
the upvote: crass, transactional, gamified

the empty quote: sophisticated, reiterative (all can enjoy again)

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

Empty Sandwich posted:

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

withak posted:

Merry Christmas from Nice Pete I guess.

Self-reliance is the best gift you can give someone

And the knowledge that the laws of man, God, and your drunkard father can easily be transgressed :ohdear:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Empty Sandwich posted:

:emptyquote:

I do feel that Grieg is mid but inoffensive amongst Romantic composers, and that both Listz and Bartok are more interesting examples of that period - lower lows, higher highs.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ok Comboomer posted:

ew don’t bring reddit poo poo into here

just give a guy props or whatever

Diggs this post

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people
Achewood is so good but I'm not sure it will ever scale the dizzying heights of "in excess of seven ding dongs"

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
Achewood Thread 12: in excess of seven ding dongs

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Up yours, CUSTOMER!

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I wonder if Jade Palace is also in heaven.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

beef doesn’t exactly have a deep bench, so do we think the friend he’s referring to is ray, or (pre-vegan) pat?

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Maybe Emeril or the other guy with the bucket hat that he sometimes hangs with?

I wouldn't have even thought about Emeril if not for the recent strip with the pronunciation guide for his and a few other character's names.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
So we know Pat has a sister, wonder if she's more like him or their dad, for that matter I wonder what Pat's mom is like, don't think she's ever even been offhandedly been mentioned ever, wouldn't surprise me much if Pat gets his rear end in a top hat side from her though

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

moot the hopple posted:

Maybe Emeril or the other guy with the bucket hat that he sometimes hangs with?

I wouldn't have even thought about Emeril if not for the recent strip with the pronunciation guide for his and a few other character's names.

Spongebath. He can't do the varied terrain stuff.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

panko posted:

beef doesn’t exactly have a deep bench, so do we think the friend he’s referring to is ray, or (pre-vegan) pat?
it was always my impression that it was Beef himself who was the "friend" in this dialogue, both times (that's why he knows, because it happened to him firsthand)

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

it was always my impression that it was Beef himself who was the "friend" in this dialogue, both times (that's why he knows, because it happened to him firsthand)

I always assumed that he was just kinda talking poo poo to be funny, and Molly was picking up what he was putting down and giving him a "yes, and"

This is while they're still both dead, and Beef just got there, so why would he be super familiar with this place?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love that Onstad actually succeeded in drawing a ding dong that looked appropriately furious in the follow up comic :allears:

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

There's a new brain tape that basically says a) Henry Kissinger is dead but achewood never had anything specifically to say about that except "welcome to the only game in town" is sometimes said in mourning and sometimes in celebration and also b) they've just been busy and season 3 is more than half recorded already, they just don't want to start releasing poo poo and then stop releasing poo poo for a while

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Jerusalem posted:

I love that Onstad actually succeeded in drawing a ding dong that looked appropriately furious in the follow up comic :allears:

I was going to post this yesterday night but forgot :allears:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Phillipe is keeping it real today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Not that it's a very controversial prediction but I still see this going really poorly in the end for our guy.