Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Flavahbeast posted:

A famous cat torturer has been confirmed killed after being recruited to the invasion from prison: the case of Кузю the cat apparently drew national attention in Russia, a statue of Кузю was erected in St. Petersburg: https://russianfreepress.com/2022/11/07/in-st-petersburg-yesterday-opened-a-monument-to/

Some are celebrating Lavrentyev's death, others are saying he atoned for killing the cat when he signed up to kill Ukrainians

i hope this isn't blood lust but i'm personally glad the cat torturer is dead IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

Looking a bit ahead, an Austrian youtuber that goes by the handle Kraut did a video on the hard questions awaiting the European Union after the war.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA6y4o0-1XY
In short, if and when Ukraine joins the European Union, its agricultural industry is going to demolish the agricultural industries of the old member states and leave a lot of angry farmers.

my guess is that there's going to be a decades long transitional period where ukrainian agriculture will have different laws. or perhaps ukraine won't get to be a full member, because the various farmers' blocks in eu countries are so powerful, and there's so much money involved

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I hope the cat torturer is brutally and insanely killed by an artillery round fired by a cat owner

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
animal abusers are among the worst scum on this planet and the world is better for the loss of him. good riddance

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Animal abuse is a common intermediate step for serial killers

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

HonorableTB posted:

I hope the cat torturer is brutally and insanely killed by an artillery round fired by a cat owner

Shell has neco arc drawn on it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Flavahbeast posted:

A famous cat torturer has been confirmed killed after being recruited to the invasion from prison: the case of Кузю the cat apparently drew national attention in Russia, a statue of Кузю was erected in St. Petersburg: https://russianfreepress.com/2022/11/07/in-st-petersburg-yesterday-opened-a-monument-to/

Some are celebrating Lavrentyev's death, others are saying he atoned for killing the cat when he signed up to kill Ukrainians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gr0pKI-eeg

gently caress him.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Pekinduck posted:

Shell has neco arc drawn on it.

uwu =^_^=

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Jeez guys enough with the bloodlust

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Toxic Mental posted:

Jeez guys enough with the bloodlust

art, top marks to both parties

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

beer_war posted:

https://twitter.com/PjotrSauer/status/1730620857691591060?s=20

There are Nazis in Ukraine and they are waving the Russian tricolour.
Concerning.

Especially since he looks kind of like Mr Cool Ice at first glance

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Ruble starting to go down the tank again. Russia managed to stabilise it over the last few weeks and even improve it a little but it doesn't appear to be enough. Weekend gives them time to think up another plan before the Monday markets open up.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Mr Cool Ice would never debase himself like that.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Strategic Tea posted:

Have they adapted the range to increase or decrease it? :911:

The "adaptation" is that it exists at all. GLSDB is a standard small glide bomb mated to the same rocket motor used for GMLRS to produce a cheap ground-launched strike missile. It was little more than proof of concept for testing when this war started, and pretty much had to be rushed into production in order to meed the delivery pledge.

It inherently has around double the range as a standard GMLRS because you're lofting a gliding projectile. Previous range estimates for the system when it was first pitched to the US military were around 150km.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Gnoman posted:

The "adaptation" is that it exists at all. GLSDB is a standard small glide bomb mated to the same rocket motor used for GMLRS to produce a cheap ground-launched strike missile. It was little more than proof of concept for testing when this war started, and pretty much had to be rushed into production in order to meed the delivery pledge.

It inherently has around double the range as a standard GMLRS because you're lofting a gliding projectile. Previous range estimates for the system when it was first pitched to the US military were around 150km.

The actual report is that delivery to Ukraine is delayed until 2024 for testing inside the US, so yeah they are pretty drat new

It's a clever idea as a whole but I'm sure Boeing or whoever wants to make sure they actually work

Victis fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Dec 1, 2023

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Why not just test them in the russians

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Because having a prototype weapon fail on launch is kind of bad for people using it.

This thing's so new that the potential issues are still "the production mating collar wasn't up to the standards of launch and wound up flinging the glide bomb in a random direction" level instead of just "oh it missed the target a little".

Testing with the pure prototypes has gone well, but transitioning from prototype to production is always chancy.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Uh oh. Speaking out against the Government that your dad shills for.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Soylovyov's face must be a picture after hearing about this telegram post. Looking forward to see how he'll explain this one on his propaganda show.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Soy lovyov

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

zone posted:

Soylovyov's face must be a picture after hearing about this telegram post. Looking forward to see how he'll explain this one on his propaganda show.

That’s how insidious and powerful the LGBT+ enemy is: they even got to his own daughter!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I believe all cats would report us as animal rights abusers for their food bowls running low on kibble.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Tai posted:

Uh oh. Speaking out against the Government that your dad shills for.

Weird phrase with "even Orwell would be sick by now." as if the guy was super fashy. Like no, i think the guy who wrote 1984 would be immediately sick of fascism in any form.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

hemale in pain posted:

Weird phrase with "even Orwell would be sick by now." as if the guy was super fashy. Like no, i think the guy who wrote 1984 would be immediately sick of fascism in any form.

Clearly 1984 was Orwell's blueprint for ideal society

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

beer_war posted:

Does... does he have a swastika made out of other swastikas?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

hemale in pain posted:

i'm FAIRLY sure that's a 'waif in his underwear' style quirk from russian to english. she's being translated directly but the cultural context is that orwell would have gone through the various phases of 'such is life' before getting actually sick from the putinesque crap, and as a writer who has thought about it a lot, orwell would have a lot of "such is life" to go through since he's thought of every ramification 20 other people have.

i've never actually seen the other side of "such is life" described as being sick though so it's entirely possible i'm wrong.

QR Code Geass
Oct 25, 2023

Victis posted:

The actual report is that delivery to Ukraine is delayed until 2024 for testing inside the US, so yeah they are pretty drat new

It's a clever idea as a whole but I'm sure Boeing or whoever wants to make sure they actually work

Well if it's boeing they should be fine with testing it in a simulation before letting it go live :razz:

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Coolguye posted:

i'm FAIRLY sure that's a 'waif in his underwear' style quirk from russian to english. she's being translated directly but the cultural context is that orwell would have gone through the various phases of 'such is life' before getting actually sick from the putinesque crap, and as a writer who has thought about it a lot, orwell would have a lot of "such is life" to go through since he's thought of every ramificaftion 20 other people have.

i've never actually seen the other side of "such is life" described as being sick though so it's entirely possible i'm wrong.

That makes sense and I'm just being picky

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Zero VGS posted:

hey dawg...

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

hemale in pain posted:

Orwell literally fought facists in Spain so...... yeah he didnt exactly like facists at all

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Zero VGS posted:

It is going to be a maze.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

How many swastikas do you see in this swastika in five seconds? Only Genius...

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Zero VGS posted:

He heard about Nazi compounds but the messaging was a little garbled

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Zero VGS posted:

He has a fylfot made out of swastikas. :c00lbert:

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Dwesa posted:

Footage from another train "incident" in Buryatia. It doesn't look like an accident, if there were indeed two separate explosions targeting (both fuel transporting?) trains around the same time and close to each other.

No (human) casualties are reported? Do they have aliens working for them? Animals? I thought the dolphins escaped.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Russians don't consider Buryats human.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS3T1lgcw3Q&t=2461s

Video of a dude riding the BAM railway and going through the tunnel that is now (hopefully) out of service.

Looking at the vast distances through forests and mountains it would take Putin's new 170k mobilization at least to provide security along the tracks from a guy lobbing a backpack full of C4 on a passing train.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
That tunnel sure went BAM

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

aniviron posted:

No (human) casualties are reported? Do they have aliens working for them? Animals? I thought the dolphins escaped.

Here in the US, usually the only people working on a train are a conductor and an engineer. It might be something similar in Russia, with the crew mostly concentrated in the forward engine car. If the bomb blew up past this car, it's not unlikely that none of the crew was hurt beyond being scared shitless. Most of the tracks that cross the vastness of Siberia are well and truly in the middle of absolutely loving nowhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

beer_war posted:

It's absolutely wild to me that these guys cover their bodies in the insignia of a group of people that literally didn't even consider them human, and wanted only their violent and brutal extermination.