Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

atomicvocabulary posted:

I miss those seasons too, but they say they are cycling through them. If the alter sticks around to base game AND those crazy weapons on a season some time....it will be chaos. Looking forward to it.

I hope this comes sooner rather than later. Looking back there's only three season themes I'd play repeatedly (sanctified items, soul shards, etheral items and maybe the fourth slot in Kanai).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I’d love to get the altar back with sanctified items. LoD Magic Missile would shred.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Make. The. Fourth. Slot. In. The. Cube. Permanent.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Dameius posted:

Make. The. Fourth. Slot. In. The. Cube. Permanent.

:emptyquote:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I actually did some research and starting from season 30 each season is expected to last around 3 months:

quote:

Following Season 30, iconic themes and features from Seasons past will be reintroduced roughly every 3 months, ensuring there will never be a shortage of twisted obstacles to overcome and demonic blood to spill.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo3/23999068/season-29-visions-of-enmity-now-live

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Wow they REALLY go out of their way to gently caress you on the Guardian set rolls, huh?

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

bamhand posted:

Wow they REALLY go out of their way to gently caress you on the Guardian set rolls, huh?

I got decent ancient bracers and belt pretty quickly, but WOOF, it took me 50 helms before I got an ancient with a socket.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM

bamhand posted:

Wow they REALLY go out of their way to gently caress you on all crafted set rolls, huh?

ftfy

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Leveled up a SSF Monk over the weekend. SWK Bells was the starter set but then I switched over to Uliana. The change to Paragon is kinda fun because with high enough CDR you can drop Flow of Eternity in the cube and then go Crystal Fist / Fist of Azz / Lion's Claw for your weapon slots.

I think they need to extend Paragon levels back up to at least 2000 though, 800 is way too short.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Leveled up a SSF Monk over the weekend. SWK Bells was the starter set but then I switched over to Uliana. The change to Paragon is kinda fun because with high enough CDR you can drop Flow of Eternity in the cube and then go Crystal Fist / Fist of Azz / Lion's Claw for your weapon slots.

I think they need to extend Paragon levels back up to at least 2000 though, 800 is way too short.

Are you farming GR90s with Uliana? I started as DH because I always forget how much smoother Monk is with Teleport but ended up completing the season with Inna's.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

GR90s are what I got up to over the weekend. Water Inna is probably a lot faster but I’ve always liked Exploding Palm.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

exquisite tea posted:

I hope after this season they just allow free point distribution across the categories with up to 200 in each individual power (but you don't have to max it out) with unlimited overflow into mainstat and vit because why not.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

GR90s are what I got up to over the weekend. Water Inna is probably a lot faster but I’ve always liked Exploding Palm.

Nice, Uliana's set is by far the best looking Monk set IMO (just ahead of SWK).

Dysgenesis posted:

I hope after this season they just allow free point distribution across the categories with up to 200 in each individual power (but you don't have to max it out) with unlimited overflow into mainstat and vit because why not.

gently caress it lets go! 2k seems like a reasonable limit but I've never gone beyond 1,5k I think.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
https://us.diablo3.blizzard.com/en-us/blog/24031819

Lots of nerfs to the altar and visions of enmity remain in the game

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Surprised to see so many numbers go down. Hopefully it helps balance out most of the sets though. Some of them feel really dated and could use more than a numbers pass but that's an unreasonable expectation at this point. Still, nice to see the game still getting love for just a bit longer.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Suburban Dad posted:

Surprised to see so many numbers go down. Hopefully it helps balance out most of the sets though. Some of them feel really dated and could use more than a numbers pass but that's an unreasonable expectation at this point. Still, nice to see the game still getting love for just a bit longer.

I honestly don't remember the altar buffs. I know they were great, but couldn't tell you a single one without looking them up. All I want is the altar QoL stuff, which shouldn't be locked to the altar but here we are.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
I find it worrying that there is no mention of changing the altar requirements for the worst stuff like staff of herding and six primals.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
I mean, I'm just happy the Altar is still in, and it's functionality upgrades are still there - these nerfs suck, but it WAS ridiculously overpowered once maxed.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
I know this isn't the right Diablo, but maybe you can help. I can't post on the Battle.net Resurrected forum without buying the game first, and Blizzard's general customer support sucks rear end.

I played Diablo II back in the day, single player. I have a bunch of characters saved, with .d2s and .key files. If I buy the Resurrected game now, will I be able to use them?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Google, do you use it?

https://gamerant.com/diablo-2-resurrected-import-old-characters/

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Suburban Dad posted:

Google, do you use it?

I blame social media and reddit for this, those in particular would be nothing if people bothered to spend 5 seconds on Google looking instead of 5 minutes asking and waiting for basic stuff in posts.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Google is getting increasingly more and more lovely so yeah, sometimes it does make sense to ask hopefully knowledgeable people instead of wading through pages of ai clickfarming spam.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
lol if you dont append "reddit" to every google search in 2023

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
If I may test everyone's apparently frayed patience with a follow up question, does it matter if the original game was pirated? I remember we had a list of keys, and some friends additionally cheated by adding items somehow to their saved files. I didn't do that but I'm wondering if there's validation against doctored save files.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Doctor Malaver posted:

If I may test everyone's apparently frayed patience with a follow up question, does it matter if the original game was pirated? I remember we had a list of keys, and some friends additionally cheated by adding items somehow to their saved files. I didn't do that but I'm wondering if there's validation against doctored save files.

Probably not. That kind of thing would only matter if you're trying to log into Battle.net.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I’m jonesin pretty hard for the Altar’s return. Those quality of life changes were sorely missed, especially the pet vacuum on these new bounty portals.

That said, I know Tal Rasha has been THE build for seasons and seasons, but I’ll miss it now that it’s being nerfed. I finally played a version without relying on Squirt’s! It was nice! I’ll hope for a top build without Convention of Elements next (I think one of the Crusader horse builds got by without it?).

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

lol if you dont append "reddit" to every google search in 2023

Feel like the top results are that automatically, it's like they know that everything is an AI generated bullshit ad filled article...and only direct you to that most of the time

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD

Doctor Malaver posted:

all sorts of 3 letter agencies are going to show up at your door if you import hacked saves

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

I’m jonesin pretty hard for the Altar’s return. Those quality of life changes were sorely missed, especially the pet vacuum on these new bounty portals.

That said, I know Tal Rasha has been THE build for seasons and seasons, but I’ll miss it now that it’s being nerfed. I finally played a version without relying on Squirt’s! It was nice! I’ll hope for a top build without Convention of Elements next (I think one of the Crusader horse builds got by without it?).

Squirt's ends up being practically free in wizard builds, the only reason it wasn't last season was the paragon cap. COE tends to alternate in and out of favor with Focus/Restraint depending on what builds/sets are good and what other jewelry they might need, I've even played a little Tal with F/R/Squirt's/RoRG in group settings.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Necro buffs look good, yay lazystorm which is all I play at all lol. Hope the patch drops soon

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD

quote:

Chilltara now has a 20% drop rate of Gibbering Gemstone.

It only took them 11.5 years

edit: blog link, not many changes since PTR https://us.diablo3.blizzard.com/en-us/blog/24046224/season-30-the-lords-of-hell-preview-1-5-2024
next friday at the usual time

Swilo fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jan 5, 2024

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Is that back cosmetic new?

e: Seems like I have it already.

Man aside from the controller support, D3 feels so much smoother to play than D4. Just one continuous dopamine experience for 1-2 weeks. D4 is so many tedious road blocks mixed with a couple bits of fun.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jan 5, 2024

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I have skipped the last few seasons bur I'm going to play the poo poo out of 30 with the aim of finally hitting gr150.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I like Diablo IV. It had a better first impression than Diablo III did. But that game had so many issues that were already solved in Diablo III.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

Dysgenesis posted:

I have skipped the last few seasons bur I'm going to play the poo poo out of 30 with the aim of finally hitting gr150.

I got to something like 146 in that first Altar of Rites season, so I'm gonna hope even a nerfed Altar with it's QoL improvements + the recycled evil gem gimmick will finally power me through to 150. I'm waiting on Maxroll's tier list to see if their are any non-miserable S-tier builds, though!

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

The first alter season was one I skipped so looking forward to using it for the first time, even if it has been nerfed.

And likewise, waiting for some good tierlist.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
There's no information about how playable each build is like a tier list would incorporate, but GR tier predictions are looking good for hitting 150 with any class: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/s30-predictions-updated-w-soul-shards/62438

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

If I'm remembering the demon gem season bonus right, it's one of the more powerful things they've given us.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Dysgenesis posted:

The first alter season was one I skipped so looking forward to using it for the first time, even if it has been nerfed.

And likewise, waiting for some good tierlist.

It really is the most awesome thing in game, both for buffs and QoL. Even though it's been nerfed a bit, it's still going to be fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Yeah, the little(now littler) power boosts were great, but the stuff like pets vacuuming sub-legendary drops is just wonderful and I missed it real bad with the new portal thingos.