Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

He needs to get some of Ray's deer antler spray. It's the key.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there's 7 teams that can make the super bowl this year. no one else can even though they can. how many teams do you think there are that can make the super bowl this year?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Usually only two

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

BlindSite posted:

He needs to get some of Ray's deer antler spray. It's the key.

Does that work on Rams though? :v:

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Cavauro posted:

there's 7 teams that can make the super bowl this year. no one else can even though they can. how many teams do you think there are that can make the super bowl this year?

49ers
baltimore
buffalo
denver
detroit
houston
jacksonville
kansas city
miami
philadelphia
pittsburgh

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

abelwingnut posted:

49ers
baltimore
buffalo
denver
detroit
houston
jacksonville
kansas city
miami
philadelphia
pittsburgh

What in the world is Pittsburgh doing on this list?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

the defense is there.

we have a one game sample size of a non-canada led offense, and it looked decent. at the very least, functional. granted, their offense is the big question and we just won't know more until we see more, but i think the seeds are there for something halfway good.

toss in the fact they have an easy schedule ahead of them, and i don't see why they can't make the playoffs. and given there is actual talent there and tomlin is still one of the better coaches around, i think they can do it if everything breaks in their favor.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

It's gonna be something insane like browns/falcons or the default of 49ers/chiefs

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Lions vs Browns Super Bowl, book it

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

No Butt Stuff posted:

Usually only two

this was very good

abelwingnut posted:

49ers
baltimore
buffalo
denver
detroit
houston
jacksonville
kansas city
miami
philadelphia
pittsburgh

I wanted to disagree with this list more than I did. Looking at it in terms of 'who do I think actually has a great shot of getting to the Super Bowl' brings the list down to maybe four or five teams, but if you're just thinking in broad terms of 'who's capable of pulling a Super Bowl run out of their rear end if everything should happen to break in their direction' then suddenly it's a much more interesting field. I still don't think Houston belongs on there, electric as Stroud may be.

Toaster Beef fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Dec 2, 2023

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Toaster Beef posted:

this was very good

I wanted to disagree with this list more than I did. Looking at it in terms of 'who do I think actually has a great shot of getting to the Super Bowl' brings the list down to maybe four or five teams, but if you're just thinking in broad terms of 'who's capable of pulling a Super Bowl run out of their rear end if everything should happen to break in their direction' then suddenly it's a much more interesting field. I still don't think Houston belongs on there, electric as Stroud may be.

Yeah i would take Houston Buffalo and (sorry) Detroit off, their defenses aren’t strong enough to go on a deep run

Dallas is off if they lose to Philly again next week.

Also Buffalo isn’t making the playoffs with that schedule :yikes:

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Dec 2, 2023

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://x.com/jjones9/status/1730966577460158974?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Panthers are running plays from an offense predicated on having bigger and faster athletes at every position.

quote:

Carolina attempted to simplify the playbook earlier in the year. When that wasn't the answer, the Panthers continued pulling from the Alabama archives to see what could work.

Harbaugh can spot a mark

quote:

One name that wasn't a consideration for Carolina last year but may be after these 11 games is Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh. Multiple sources who spoke with CBS Sports said Harbaugh should be considered a real candidate for the job.

CBS Sports reported last January that Harbaugh or his representation called Tepper with regularity as Carolina searched for a new head coach. Tepper took a call with Harbaugh, sources said, but it was never a job interview.

Lol tepper

quote:

One league source described Carolina's vacancy as a "leverage job," meaning candidates will take the interview as leverage for a more attractive job. Tepper's deep pockets could be used to get many candidates raises at their current jobs or increased offers at their new ones.

Tepper is like peak Jerry jones level of messy bitch.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
A lot of people here didn't see the Joe Flacco Jets Experience

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

FizFashizzle posted:

gently caress, getting a Jason Garrett-level Dallas team would be a huge improvement right now

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shinji2015 posted:

gently caress, getting a Jason Garrett-level Dallas team would be a huge improvement right now

Too bad we’re getting Dave campo.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

syzpid posted:

Hey, he's bound to do better now that he's escaped the karmic morass of the Jets and joined the....Cleveland Browns.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Black Lighter posted:

Hey, he's bound to do better now that he's escaped the karmic morass of the Jets and joined the....Cleveland Browns.

Didn't the Joe Flacco Jets beat the Browns?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Lions vs Browns Super Bowl, book it

Having lived in one of these two cities for the majority of my life, that would be pretty drat cool

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Nervous posted:

Joe Woods defense gave up 17 points in a minute and a half.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

syzpid posted:

I did

If he gets another ring, put him in the Hall

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

FizFashizzle posted:

I'd take Jerry's "guy who ran the town in 'Road House'" vibe over Tepper's gross venture capitalist/corporate c-list vibe any day.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Nervous posted:

It was his first win in like 3 seasons

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/Jake_Trotter/status/1730703530007384361?t=kZJCmcAz34C5v8H8bn8O7A&s=19

I would've bet a lot of money on this happening more than once before.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

syzpid posted:

It was his first win in like 3 seasons

And he willingly signed with them?

Someone should probably check on his family.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
I'd love to see the Browns just keep cycling through new QBs and discarding them once the other teams have enough film to study. Victory through total obfuscation.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Black Lighter posted:

I'd love to see the Browns just keep cycling through new QBs and discarding them once the other teams have enough film to study. Victory through total obfuscation.

The 1987 Pats are the only team to have had five QBs start at least one game for them in a season

With over a month to go, the Browns this year are already at four

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

The 1987 Pats are the only team to have had five QBs start at least one game for them in a season

I imagine the Vikings will be at four next week, as I'm sure KOC will take the most cowardly option and start Mullens over Hall.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

FizFashizzle posted:

if Tepoer goes out of his way to help a bunch of dudes get raises this January it could build some good will among candidates that might help when he needs a new HC in 26 months

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

indigi posted:

if Tepoer goes out of his way to help a bunch of dudes get raises this January it could build some good will among candidates that might help when he needs a new HC in 10 months

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Kloaked00 posted:

Having lived in one of these two cities for the majority of my life, that would be pretty drat cool

I'm so sorry

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://x.com/MagicJohnson/status/1730998856530440302?s=20

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Chris James 2 posted:

And 1987 required the players strike with replacement players that added two extra QBs getting starts, one of whom for that Patriots team was Doug Flutie. Didn't help that Tony Eason could never stay healthy and Steve Grogan was turning into dust.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

fartknocker posted:

And 1987 required the players strike with replacement players that added two extra QBs getting starts, one of whom for that Patriots team was Doug Flutie. Didn't help that Tony Eason could never stay healthy and Steve Grogan was turning into dust.

I didn’t realize Flutie was a scab when he was with the Pats, gross

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he didn't look good in the usfl or nfl and hung on for dear life however he could like a little stinky bug. the cfl saved his confidence then a union town gave him a real nfl career. dats life

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

Bellmaker posted:

He had 2 tours with the Patriots. In one he was a scab, in the other he was a rat.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Bellmaker posted:

the sins of the father and all

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/m...3~1~401547645~1

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

fixed that for you:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Cleveland plays 17 games btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

indigi posted:

the sins of the father and all

Wait what did his dad do google is all AI Kessler Syndrome poo poo now trying to look this up