Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Annath posted:

Xel'lotath is voiced by 2 VAs, one of which is Jennifer Hale! (FemShep from Mass Effect)

The entire cast is basically shared with Metal Gear Solid. Jennifer Hale, Kim Mai Guest, Paul Eiding, Cam Clarke, Greg Eagles....

And then there's also William Hootkins yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
And let's not forget the novelty of "holy poo poo, nintendo's doing horror?? First Luigi's mansion, now this?"

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Ah ok. In the anime I guess this is less clear

Anime is a bit like movies: Instead of celebrating them getting everything right, you should celebrate whenever they get anything right.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Libluini posted:

Anime is a bit like movies: Instead of celebrating them getting everything right, you should celebrate whenever they get anything right.

you must be fun to watch anything at all with

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

symbolic posted:

you must be fun to watch anything at all with

yes, that's true, how did you know?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Libluini posted:

making the face your avatar is making at this post

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
actually they are right and movies and games are a constantly happening moment of brilliance and joy in craft like that scene where brad pit gets hit by a car like 9 times

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I fired up the demo for DQ Monsters.

Does damaging a monster ahead of time increase odds of Scouting it? Or am I wasting my time figuring out how many times I can stab it before it dies? Odds of monsters asking to join you after they're defeated seem low.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Yep damage and monster treats will improve your scout percentage. I haven't seen status afflictions improve my rates but smacking them around without killing them certainly does.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Man I need a new Switch to come out. My release Switch's fan grinds like crazy and I have to spend 5 minutes waggling the whole console around to get the fan into a spot where it's not making weird noises. It's time!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

antidote posted:

Man I need a new Switch to come out. My release Switch's fan grinds like crazy and I have to spend 5 minutes waggling the whole console around to get the fan into a spot where it's not making weird noises. It's time!

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo+Switch+Fan+Replacement/113058

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Hey friend, have you heard the good news about the Nintendo OLED Switch gaming system?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

an eternal darkness remaster would fuckin rule and i think nintendo has the rights to it, so hey, maybe someday.

it's my second favorite horror game right behind silent hill 2, and tbh it's a lot more fun to actually play than sh2.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

No I appreciate it, but I already did surgery in the past on the controllers, I'm done with that. I just need a Super Swiitch U asap.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

All of the Mario RPG rematch fights have been fun so far. Grinded everyone to level 28 across the board (picking Magic Defense Up each time) and figured that was close enough to 30 to take down 3D Culex - nope! Was utterly cornered with everyone dead but a mushroomized Mallow, managed to perfect-block a series of lethal attacks long enough for him to turn back to normal and begin reviving everyone, except Culex locked me out of items and cast his strongest spell to overkill Mallow and punish me for my hubris.

I'll get him next time, though. All hail Yoko Shimomura for both versions of the soundtrack.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Never played the Arkham games, is the bundle worth the purchase?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

no.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Are the first two games messes too?

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

mdemone posted:

Never played the Arkham games, is the bundle worth the purchase?

Yes, just not on Switch

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Waffle! posted:

Silicone Knights doesn't exist anymore, so maybe Nintendo can find the source code behind their couch or something.

Knowing nintendos archival practices they probably required delivery of the code and asset repos since they funded the game.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Mr.Acula posted:

Yes, just not on Switch

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.

ImpAtom posted:

Waluigi is the better design by far

But that Waluigi... he's everything I'm not... he's... deviant... rude... virtually unemployable..
...but bold, powerful... he's so full of energy... so playful... he has no... he isn't ashamed anymore...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

antidote posted:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Id buy an OLED lite

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Mr.Acula posted:

Yes, just not on Switch

Gotcha, thanks for the save

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
https://x.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1730715905003303379?s=20

Was this posted? Bigass sale including first party games, ends tomorrow

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

WHY BONER NOW posted:

https://x.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1730715905003303379?s=20

Was this posted? Bigass sale including first party games, ends tomorrow

it's come up a few times. in particular this is the first time the baten kaitos collection's gone on sale

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Sparks of Hope is on sale for like $5 cheaper than it was when I bought it last month and still haven't played it... :negative:

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

tripwood posted:

But that Waluigi... he's everything I'm not... he's... deviant... rude... virtually unemployable..
...but bold, powerful... he's so full of energy... so playful... he has no... he isn't ashamed anymore...

i appreciated this reference

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Went ahead and beat Tears of the Kingdom last night finally. I wanted to give it the big screen treatment and it did not disappoint. Obviously it ends on combat, the game's weakest point by far in my opinion, but it was nice to do the sequences it offered. Ganondorf's design is really quite good. I'm surprised I didn't expect the end, but when it came it did not disappoint. It took me a bit to realize how simple the final sequence was given just how epic it was. All told fun ending.

I'm missing a ton of content, having done only half the side quests, though most of the Side Adventures, a sign of how often I avoided populated areas. I'm missing 3 korok to finish shield upgrades. That said I explored the poo poo out of the game, and still was missing some 90 caves that I had to Cherry Tree to the end (and still had to use a checklist for the last 4)... It's just massive. Too massive? I don't know... At any rate I know I can revisit it and have a poo poo ton to do.

Anyway, I need to move on to other games finally, but I'm unsure of where to start. It'll almost certainly be Pikmin 4, if it's manageable on the small screen. But I also really want to pick up Outer Wilds (and have long put off getting Katamari Damacy 2, Live a Live, and Octopath Traveler 2, let alone FE: Engage), and I bought Metroid Prime. Too many games. Hopefully the Christmas holiday will afford me the time to knock out some of these shorter titles before I dive back into JRPGs.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Playing Super Mario RPG and Beanstalk can go gently caress itself.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What?

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

If it's the part I think you're talking about, you're not expected to make that jump. There's an invisible platform.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Make a GB micro sized one, you haggard wretches

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bluff Buster posted:

If it's the part I think you're talking about, you're not expected to make that jump. There's an invisible platform.

Yes, and I figured it out shortly after :cripes:.

General side-note, but I really wish Super Mario RPG had an option for an isometric control scheme (eg; Diagonal-right is "up") for some of the platforming.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yes, and I figured it out shortly after :cripes:.

General side-note, but I really wish Super Mario RPG had an option for an isometric control scheme (eg; Diagonal-right is "up") for some of the platforming.

It does

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

So is the remake still 8-direction movement, or did they add full analog control, because that sounds like a preferable control method if it's available.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's fully analogue which is the control scheme it defaults to

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Wait, what? Where? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006