Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Also the fantastic beasts movies sucked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Do you really think elementary school kids are going to stop reading harry potter because of trans issues?

Maybe some school teachers or school librarians will try to keep the books out of the schools.

I live in the bay area and haven't seen any less harry potter stuff on shelves than before.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

deoju posted:

But there's a reboot TV show in the works.
https://www.tvguide.com/news/harry-potter-tv-series-max/

We'll have to wait and see I guess. I'm not really into Harry Potter so :shrug:

gently caress transphobes, btw.

I’m pretty sure if it gets made at all, Warner will sell it to a public access TV station in Pierre, South Dakota in exchange for 38 bottle caps and a Lunchables instead of air it, so at least we have that going for us.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Waltzing Along posted:

I saw a mustang SUV the other day and was very confused. I screamed at the clouds and told some kids to get off my lawn then I remembered that mustangs suck so I didn't really care.

Mustangs are awesome but I had the SUV and it sucked so I sold it.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I've been building the JAZZCLUB in studio and I came across something weird. In step #42 you build a small bracket assembly for the side wall near the ticket window. It's similar but not identical to the attachment points for the lights and as far as I can tell never gets used. What is it for?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

I saw a mustang SUV the other day and was very confused. I screamed at the clouds and told some kids to get off my lawn then I remembered that mustangs suck so I didn't really care.

It's super funny because it pissed off the mustang purists.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I've been building the JAZZCLUB in studio and I came across something weird. In step #42 you build a small bracket assembly for the side wall near the ticket window. It's similar but not identical to the attachment points for the lights and as far as I can tell never gets used. What is it for?

Been a while since I built it, but it might have something to do with the stage setup.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Waltzing Along posted:

Been a while since I built it, but it might have something to do with the stage setup.

Nah it's in the other corner. The stage ends up going just on the right of that image near the technic brick and black L-shaped tile.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I kinda want the GWPs that are out now but can't find $150 of stuff that is exclusive and in stock that I want. I considered the concorde but $200 seems a bit high for it when I am sure it will be $160 sooner rather than later. Also, impossible to display.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Nah it's in the other corner. The stage ends up going just on the right of that image near the technic brick and black L-shaped tile.

Best I could gather was that it’s a spot to hold the bass case when not on the back of the bassist.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Space Jam posted:

The Audi Sport Quattro S1 kit was fantastic and they should do more 80s/90s rally cars.

They did a really great evolution of rally cars, going from the generic city themed one to the Ford Fiesta WRC speed champion, to the masterstroke of the Audi Quattro S1 speed champion. At that point I vowed to collect all further speed champion rally cars...

Then they stopped making any more :negative:

The Quattro S1 e-tron does look pretty cool, and it would look kind of neat contrasted against the old S1... But it's a fancy concept car, not a rally car.

Pay Fiat the licensing rights and give me a dang Lancia 037 set :mad:

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Carbs did some instructions for a Delta S4 (in 8 wide!) which is one of my prized possessions. I also have his mod of someone else’s Stratos design which is superb.

But hell yes give me a creator expert 037. I prefer the Alitalia livery but martini or wurth are also acceptable.

On a more serious note I think if they just did all the Group B cars SC style maybe in a couple 2 packs they’d sell well.

Dogen fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Dec 2, 2023

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Skios posted:

Few more 2024 leaks:

Was surprised to see all but the Technic are up on the Lego site already, so not a very early leak. Better photos.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

2024 Creator 3-in-1 has some really nice looking things:
https://brickset.com/sets/theme-Creator/year-2024/filter-HasImage

Definitely interested in the Peacock and Giraffe, and Watering Can/Flowers/Butterflies set, and maybe some others.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

I see a City polybag with the same SPACE branding as those new Technic sets - are those Technic sets going to accomodate minifigs in some way?

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Definitely interested in the Peacock and Giraffe, and Watering Can/Flowers/Butterflies set, and maybe some others.

The doggo polybag and dragon are super cute

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Prophet of Nixon posted:

I see a City polybag with the same SPACE branding as those new Technic sets - are those Technic sets going to accomodate minifigs in some way?

The Creator line posted above uses the same branding for a brick-built astronaut figure. Maybe it’s an experiment in creating a theme that spans product lines?

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

Prophet of Nixon posted:

The 31146-Flatbed-Truck-with-Helicopter is a straight mash up of the old Model Team 5571-Giant-Truck for the truck, and 5590-Whirl-and-Wheel-Super-Truck for the trailer and helicopter.

Lavender Spliffs
Nov 12, 2023

I'm a sucker for anything '-with flowers' :3:
Also loving the peacock.
Lego please release a series of vases so I have somewhere to stash my bouquets.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Yeah, like 1/2 of those look really good and interesting.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Lavender Spliffs posted:

Lego please release a series of vases so I have somewhere to stash my bouquets.

This...

Ideas project?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Blue Moonlight posted:

The Creator line posted above uses the same branding for a brick-built astronaut figure. Maybe it’s an experiment in creating a theme that spans product lines?

Looks like you’re right! Friends 2024 sets revealed!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I will get the astronaut because it is 9+ and I'm a big boy and I need the advanced sets.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
https://www.brickset.com posted pictures of a bunch of new sets tiday. City, friends, dreamzzz, monkey kid... I'm too lazy to make individual links though.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Taeke posted:

The doggo polybag and dragon are super cute

Don't sleep on Hamster House, one of the alt builds is a dog with a miniature obstacle course.

Also is the roller skate the first time the tires have been in pink?

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’d be way more into Speed Champions if they’d actually make sets based on anything more than 20 years old.

I kinda like the GTD BMW to go along with the Porsche, but yeah I'm with you, all these 21st century hypercars look the same. (IRL and Lego)

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Dobby actually looking cute to you? Tempted to buy turd Chewie? Well fret no longer, buildable Rocket is finally showing the true power of the dark side.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

BaconCopter posted:

Dobby actually looking cute to you? Tempted to buy turd Chewie? Well fret no longer, buildable Rocket is finally showing the true power of the dark side.

I am coke

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

BaconCopter posted:

Every day we stray further from God’s light.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Looking at the 2024 stuff, I’m feeling like I need to buy into the Dreamzz line. They’re weird in the best way possible.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

That thing is the worst! What is it?

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!
A friend. :3:

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I love them

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

The Croissanler is here, and real, and my friend.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Prophet of Nixon posted:

That thing is the wurst! What is it?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
These Batman villains are getting a little weird

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Whatever that hat is, it's going to make Brickmania very happy because it'd be a great size for a smaller-scale CIWS/C-RAM radome.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
A friends character in croissant suit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Arcella posted:

I kinda like the GTD BMW to go along with the Porsche, but yeah I'm with you, all these 21st century hypercars look the same. (IRL and Lego)

In addition to all looking the same irl, the often delicate and intricate bodywork just straight up does not translate to Lego at that scale.