Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

Time for a bumper crop of winter themed Nick & Lever! I swear I didn't plan for the Christmas chapter to land in December, it's a Christmas miracle!

Lever on the naughty list, unthinkable!

Nick seems to agree...

We should all strive to be the kind of friend Nick is to Lever.

This just seems efficient to me.

Modern problems require modern solutions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Tiger, Tiger

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

CheeseThief posted:

Time for a bumper crop of winter themed Nick & Lever! I swear I didn't plan for the Christmas chapter to land in December, it's a Christmas miracle!

God bless us, every one. Man, those boys are just too sweet. Very stupid, but very sweet.

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 34: Back in Black (I hit the sack)

Did you know this tea house has its own wikipedia page?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tai-an

Japan Tengu Party Illustrated chapter 25: Of Hirai

I like the panel of Master shouting at his tv - very bad-dad behaviour.

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

the holy poopacy posted:

The rock lands with a dull thud, doing only localized damage. The DM sighs and tries to explain the concept of terminal velocity to an increasingly agitated player as he flips through rulebooks trying to find a mechanical source to back him up.

That's why you cast Freedom Of Movement on the projectile first. C'mon dude, that's the first rule of D&D railguns.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

the holy poopacy posted:

The rock lands with a dull thud, doing only localized damage. The DM sighs and tries to explain the concept of terminal velocity to an increasingly agitated player as he flips through rulebooks trying to find a mechanical source to back him up.

there's a complicated D&D formula based on weight and falling height which maxes out at 20d6

there is also a 3e build which makes your character a sufficient lardass that he can goomba stomp enemies from level one

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Hedgehog's Dilemma

Alt Text: "Rachael, didn't anyone ever teach you not to lean on a hedgehog?"

Alt Text: "Get yourself a roommate who can and will gnaw your enemies faces off"

Digamma-F-Wau has a new favorite as of 22:04 on Dec 5, 2023

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Harsh Prospect

Persimmon Cup

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Executives marooned on a desert planet: "Maybe if we cut back to a skeleton crew we can flip this thing for a profit?" "Yeah, we've got no food, but look at all this gold!" Jesus Christ.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Emzedoh posted:

Executives marooned on a desert planet: "Maybe if we cut back to a skeleton crew we can flip this thing for a profit?" "Yeah, we've got no food, but look at all this gold!" Jesus Christ.

I mean it does seem like a solvable problem

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Is there anyone for them to trade with though? They tried sending a distress beacon but it failed - they're marooned.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Emzedoh posted:

Is there anyone for them to trade with though? They tried sending a distress beacon but it failed - they're marooned.

they apparently have a functional ship

what, is the council worried that 'we are taking this gold to go buy food' is functionally indistinguishable from 'we are taking the money and running' ? Seems like that makes it a win-win for them.

Tunicate has a new favorite as of 00:14 on Dec 3, 2023

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I love this comic so much. THE TIME BOYS! :buddy:

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

And still his worst crime is wearing that robe in the hot tub

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Tunicate posted:

what, is the council worried that 'we are taking this gold to go buy food' is functionally indistinguishable from 'we are taking the money and running' ? Seems like that makes it a win-win for them.

That's a fair point - but the classic horror movie development would be that the private ship also doesn't work too :drac:

I'm definitely getting vibes that this whole situation is about to turn out to be even worse than it seems.

Edit: I could have asked why would you send a distress beacon when you have a working ship but it occurred to me that this would depend on the setting details: we could be in Star Wars land where interstellar travel is like nipping down to the shops for a packet of chips, or it could be a much more serious endeavour. And slow.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Tunicate posted:

I think the idea is that it's not profitable, which from capitalism's perspective is even worse than being impossible.

Also, launching the last functional ship is a pretty big deal since it means everyone left on the colony now has zero functioning ships if an emergency comes up. Not a great position to be in when the plebes are already getting restless.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Osmosisch posted:

Loving the realistically poor mask discipline :lmao:
Haha, thank you!

GREAT
by Ryan Armand

Dieting Hippo posted:

Two barstools? Sucker move on the part of the gang to leave those lying around.
:black101:

Finnish psychology comix
3/2020 - Repersonalization

Notes:
- Depersonalization refers to a variety of phenomenons in which a person feels unlike themselves, detached from themselves or as if observing themselves as an outsider. Derealization is slightly similar but consists of the feeling of the external world being distant, less real, dreamlike etc. The strength of the feeling can vary a lot from person to person (and of course even within the same person experiencing the phenomenon at different times).
- The book in the second panel:
Anna-Leena Harkonnen - Sandworm-killing weapon
there's a real Finnish book:
Anna-Leena Härkönen - Bull-killing weapon (Häräntappoase)
- The Watership Down joke was originally a wordplay that I liked a ton so I'll put that here:
Asennuslevyke = installation disk
Asentaa = to install
Masentaa = to depress
Masennuslevyke = depression disk

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Goodbye, Eri by Tatsuki Fujimoto

Get picked up by a cute girl and you too can prevent suicides!

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

I wasn't following Goodbye, Eri very closely but these last couple updates have really piqued my interest. Thanks for posting!

Bardiche Hotel is also really good, I like Q-Rais' seriouser stuff a lot.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

it's hosed up how good this comic is

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Lavender Jack

The 3/4 view shot of the room is a recreation of the same shot from the start of the chapter. It's a neat trick, but so much elapses between the two shots that it's easy to miss the visual reference.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

yelling LOOK OUT LAVENDER JACK HE'S ON THE CEILING at my monitor

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

why's he spider-man!?

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Dracurella

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Thank you Wizard Master may I have another

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

why's he spider-man!?

because he's a menace!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i know i say this every time but i loving love you wizard master

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
that was a particularly rancid crop, well done

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Cooking Papa, Cook 20: Closing Out a Night of Heavy Drinking with Super Tasty Pork Miso Soup

Mrs Araiwa continues to be a total party animal.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Synthbuttrange posted:

why's he spider-man!?

He's not spider-man, he's evil Tarzan!

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Fantomius and the Treasure of Sir Francis Drake (transl. by Gyro’s Lab)

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Thankyou Wizard Master, those were utterly irredeemable

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Samovar posted:

He's not spider-man, he's evil Tarzan!

They have a weird amount in common. Like at least I'm certain web-swinging is just vine-swinging for an urban environment.

And now dammit I want to see a Tarzan video game in the Spidey style.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
My son discovered the Disney Tarzan movie a fewweeks ago and has been watching it up and down and I gotta say: Tarzan is a bunch of bullshit. I guess the gorillas' diet gives him superpowers and infinite stamina, otherwise there is no explanation for any of the physical stuff he does.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Guessed correctly on the first comic

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Grendels Dad posted:

My son discovered the Disney Tarzan movie a fewweeks ago and has been watching it up and down and I gotta say: Tarzan is a bunch of bullshit. I guess the gorillas' diet gives him superpowers and infinite stamina, otherwise there is no explanation for any of the physical stuff he does.

That's extremely true to the og stories where Tarzan is pretty much Superman, from all I've seen. Same author as John Carter of Mars.

I just wanna watch George of the Jungle again now. He's a great role model, and an archetypical himbo.

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
There are so so many comics out there, and this thread has taught me that there are many more great ones than I would have thought, but what I don't understand is how many extremely mediocre comics wizard master must have to go through to filter such a large collection of such... evil trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Fagtastic posted:

There are so so many comics out there, and this thread has taught me that there are many more great ones than I would have thought, but what I don't understand is how many extremely mediocre comics wizard master must have to go through to filter such a large collection of such... evil trash.

It's his passion